Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3052315 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31349: May 29, 2015 07:02:52 am
      The lack of respect this man is being shown is disgraceful. Regardless of how you voted, just remember that Rogers has produced the best Liverpool team in a generation and certainly the best team I ever seen play in red. To start to not only question him as a manager but also as a person is out and out wrong and you're complete and utter scum if you have. The irony of me saying that is not lost on me, only difference is some people around here need to think long and hard about what kind of person they are, Brendan doesn't. He needs to go back to the managerial drawing board, not change who he is. So can we stick to the three T's please; Tactics, Training and Transfers, any other criticisms are unwarranted and Totally Thickheaded Trollop.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #31350: May 29, 2015 07:33:03 am
      Is that it then?

I was clicking thorough there hoping for a bit more from Mick and Luke about how Welsh Brendan is. :f_tongueincheek:

Maybe their ardour "dai-ed" once Hardcore and Rush got a hold of them for impersonating the Welsh........?

C'mon a "sweaty sock" can get away with that one surely?  :roll:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #31351: May 29, 2015 07:36:44 am
      You've nailed the problem.

We've accepted mediocrity. The Fenway effect.

Not really "accepting" mediocrity, more a case of better the devil you know and accepting that the owners could literally give anyone the job. If it were to be Klopp then fair enough, but if it's to be some unknown Romanian bloke who will take the job for 5K a week, or Sam Allardyce, or Sean Dyche etc etc, I'll stick with what we've got thanks.

If it weren't for the transfer and wages policy we might very well get a Klopp or similar, but as it stands I don't believe people of that ilk will touch the job with a bargepole. Given that, and given we have a manager who almost won the league last season, I say stick.

I think JD is bang on - Rodgers aside for a moment - even if you (we) don't consciously "accept" mediocrity we tacitly acquiesce when we start to say "can't compete" when the truth is that Fenway "won't compete".

Aim for the stars........in every sense apropos Shanks......again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31352: May 29, 2015 08:07:15 am
      The lack of respect this man is being shown is disgraceful. Regardless of how you voted, just remember that Rogers has produced the best Liverpool team in a generation and certainly the best team I ever seen play in red. To start to not only question him as a manager but also as a person is out and out wrong and you're complete and utter scum if you have. The irony of me saying that is not lost on me, only difference is some people around here need to think long and hard about what kind of person they are, Brendan doesn't. He needs to go back to the managerial drawing board, not change who he is. So can we stick to the three T's please; Tactics, Training and Transfers, any other criticisms are unwarranted and Totally Thickheaded Trollop.

Ive given him respect, not abused or anything like that and as others have said I would be sad when he goes, cos he has tried his best, but recent form (since March) has been shockingly bad, we could have grabbed top 4 no problems & at least 1 final, losing that way -v- villa, and then the wimpering finish to the season. Nah Ive had enough, he is not a winner, Im now agreeing with all the folk, who have said we are LFC, we are not a proving ground for young up and coming managers.  Bad enough FSG are learning the ways of football, but the manager is learning his trade as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31353: May 29, 2015 08:14:13 am
      hmmm. just seen a fb post. breaking news, Brendan rodgers SACKED !!!

?????
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31354: May 29, 2015 08:21:20 am
      hmmm. just seen a fb post. breaking news, Brendan rodgers SACKED !!!

?????
      Link?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #31355: May 29, 2015 08:22:59 am
      There is a review date set, anything before that is pure speculation.

No point stressing over it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31356: May 29, 2015 08:24:45 am

haha, was just my mate winding me up, prank link.   :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_doh: :f_doh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31357: May 29, 2015 08:25:24 am
      Im not letting him know I fell for it but.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #31358: May 29, 2015 08:31:14 am
      Could be wrong but I find it very, very hard to believe that we would be going ahead with transfer business if there was even a remote chance of Rodgers getting sacked.  He's got last say on all transfers, and apparently we put a bid in for Clyne last night.  So how would that conversation go?--

"Brendan, we're about to put a bid in for Clyne---sound good to you?  Ok great, don't forget our meeting next week where we will decide whether to sack you or not."

Just seems highly unlikely.  Looks like we are stuck with Rodgers.  Does anyone remember if we were doing transfer business leading up to when they sacked Kenny?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31359: May 29, 2015 08:33:19 am
      Could be wrong but I find it very, very hard to believe that we would be going ahead with transfer business if there was even a remote chance of Rodgers getting sacked.  He's got last say on all transfers, and apparently we put a bid in for Clyne last night.  So how would that conversation go?--

"Brendan, we're about to put a bid in for Clyne---sound good to you?  Ok great, don't forget our meeting next week where we will decide whether to sack you or not."

Just seems highly unlikely.  Looks like we are stuck with Rodgers.  Does anyone remember if we were doing transfer business leading up to when they sacked Kenny?

Not if the conspiracy theory is true, that he has not really had much of a say and the committee have more say.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #31360: May 29, 2015 08:35:08 am

Weren't we close to signing your lad Diame? ;)

I wouldn't make anything of it to be honest, could just be paper talk for all we know.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #31361: May 29, 2015 08:39:18 am

We haven't signed anyone just leaks from the club to keep us all guessing!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31362: May 29, 2015 08:40:09 am

Very true, all smoke and mirrors and BS journo or wnnabe journo chat.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #31363: May 29, 2015 08:41:00 am
      Weren't we close to signing your lad Diame? ;)

Indeed.  Diame said that Kenny had him all signed up on a free, but that got scrapped when he got sacked.  I don't know how much of that was Kenny and how much of it was Comolli, who was sacked in April of that year.

So I guess you're right in that it could mean nothing with regards to Rodgers and his status.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31364: May 29, 2015 09:12:05 am
      I voted go, because the truth is I don't believe Brendan is a winner. I think he believes in his "philosophy" even to the detriment of big results in big games. Maybe given time he will learn to become a winner, but at the moment I believe when it comes to crunch games it is a case of winning or losing his way and only his way , while I just want a manager who will do everything possible to win those games. I prefer my teams to have a little more fight while Brendan seems to prefer nice passers but sadly players who seem to lie down when the going gets tough.   

We have a few top managers at the moment flashing their knickers at us and it may be time we did more than just look with envious eyes, but if we can't pull one of them I would prefer to stick with Brendan rather than to just change for the sake of change.

I think if we were in a position to bring in a few world class players Brendan might come good, but as it is I think a top manager could get more out of what we have and what we are likely to get. I also think a top manager might just have a little more strength and influence when it comes negotiating with the FSG and the transfer committee on the type of players we bring in, as well as maybe attracting a few players that wouldn't look twice at Brendan's approaches.

Aw, Saint, you're alive!

Don't do that!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31365: May 29, 2015 10:44:04 am

1 We haven't signed anyone .
          Clubs can sign players once they play their final game of the season.
          The PL window officially starts on 1st July but clubs can sign players from June.
          Out-of-contract players move on 1st July ... deals can be confirmed before then.

2 FSG have made NO statement to quell any rumours which means it all hangs on June 3rd Meeting and June 4th Press Announcement.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31366: May 29, 2015 10:49:29 am
      SG have made NO statement to quell any rumours which means it all hangs on June 3rd Meeting and June 4th Press Announcement.
      I can tell you the announcement right now , Brendan Rodgers will remain on as Liverpool FC manager for the foreseeable future . God help us .

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31367: May 29, 2015 10:56:11 am
      I can tell you the announcement right now , Brendan Rodgers will remain on as Liverpool FC manager for the foreseeable future . God help us .

Oh well, perhaps you can take your mug and go and support Madrid for a year.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31368: May 29, 2015 10:56:30 am

Let's hope it was a blind man saying the Foreseeable future. If Rodgers stays I don't think even God will be able to help us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31369: May 29, 2015 10:58:17 am
      Let's hope it was a blind man saying the Foreseeable future. If Rodgers stays I don't think even God will be able to help us.

No, God won't silly Billy, as he doesn't exist.

But money does, and if it is spent accordingly then we may not need that mythical help.

Lord give me strength...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31370: May 29, 2015 11:02:58 am
      Well Bitter Guts as we once had a saint played for us God certainly existed then.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31371: May 29, 2015 11:03:31 am
      Like I say though mate you have to actually make your mind up for yourself and give it some thought,  I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea.
      ;D

"Give it thought?... But my brain hurts."   :dunce2:

Quick Reply