Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3082128 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34132: Aug 30, 2015 12:16:12 am
      So all the bets are who will leave first a Rodgers or Maureen!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #34133: Aug 30, 2015 12:19:53 am
      So all the bets are who will leave first a Rodgers or Maureen!

He won't be ask to go anytime now, I believe he will be given until the end of the season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,628 posts | 763 
      Reply #34134: Aug 30, 2015 12:52:54 am
      My other question is when we lose why do we have such bad defeats? why do we often lose so big? Is the system to complex?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 286 
      Reply #34135: Aug 30, 2015 01:39:23 am
      How is he not setting the team up to play Benteke in at the back post with runners following up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #34136: Aug 30, 2015 01:45:53 am
      For me the biggest issue is the amount of money we have wasted over the 4 years he has been here.  While I am as hopeful as most that this season has seen a change of fortune in our transfer dealings, last seasons buys must be among the worst and most expensive waste of time and money our club has seen.

He has bought 31 players for around £300million, of those 31 players we have sold only 4 for a total of £12million, but which has left us with so many players who can only be considered as dead money either out on loan or considered such liabilities that they never get a game that we still seem to struggle to find squad solutions to any injury or suspensions.

I for one cannot see the £280million+ of talent Brendan has brought into our squad !

Don't bother posting the numbers on the talent he's lost.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #34137: Aug 30, 2015 02:30:37 am
      Last season out the 14 occasions where we conceded the first goal, we lost 12, drew a meaningless game against Chelsea, and came back to win against Leicester. Even 13/14 stats doesn't look great either. Conceded first in 11 games, drew 3 and won 2.

We have zero clue what to do against the teams who go one up and park the bus against us.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #34138: Aug 30, 2015 04:01:58 am
      Gonna reserve judgement for a while and not have a knee jerk reaction to yesterday.

No doubt we will play well against Utd too. As others have posted, we'll see how strong Rodgers' hand is come November or so. We still aren't in too bad of a position so it isn't panic stations just yet. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #34139: Aug 30, 2015 07:50:25 am
      More misses than hits now

I know some folk think he is secure in his job but I'm not so sure. There's only so many times you can spend upwards of £80 to £100m yet keep getting hammered (and at home) by mid tier teams. Never mind net spend; it's not about the total cash dropped on players but how all 16 players have performed and contributed to where we're at.

What's really worrying for me, is that the problem is our central defence. Fourth season, countless millions, and it's still a gaping hole waiting to be exposed. And not if, but when. 
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #34140: Aug 30, 2015 07:52:45 am
      I wondered how long it would take for last season to rear its ugly head and now it has all the old problems are still there if FSG are not careful they might find that fans do not want to watch the kind of football that's Rogers dishes up under him except for a half season its always been slow slow and slower how boring is that, ah well we'll now watch to see if the man has learned anything from that game but going on past mistakes I think not.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34141: Aug 30, 2015 08:02:02 am
      L said even when we 7 points on board Brendan joke of manger our football get worse watch looking at our team going take years of more rebuilding we need top one top midfielder two cbacks top new manger

Can't take your posts seriously your grammar and spelling is sh*te
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #34142: Aug 30, 2015 08:04:14 am
      If only Rafa had the kind of money Rogers has been given, how I miss that man.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #34143: Aug 30, 2015 08:04:41 am
      Utd is a massive game now. They aren't great but will he change his approach? No Coutinho now which is a huge loss.

A loss there will heap pressure on him at least from the supporters
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #34144: Aug 30, 2015 08:06:32 am
      Let me ask you this question:

What actually changed/improved since Brendan took over?
      We are still playing the same crappy football since day one. (Exclude the Suarez season because we also played very shitty defensively. We just had Suarez to cover up the mistakes  by scoring more goals upfront.

After three seasons we shouldn't be a team in the making anymore.... And we should  play consistent football by now.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #34145: Aug 30, 2015 08:15:35 am
      If only Rafa had the kind of money Rogers has been given, how I miss that man.

Rafa outspent Rodgers using the old net spend figures people liked to use defending Rafa up to the point were the 2 shitehawks took over the club. His final 2 seasons saw Rafa make more from sales then spent under them clowns. Add in how the markets changed and your only kidding yourself if you think Rodgers has way outspent Rafa
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #34146: Aug 30, 2015 08:29:17 am
      Let me ask you this question:

What actually changed/improved since Brendan took over?
      Wages. I tell you Brendan will keep his job as long as he is willing to lower his pay. Think about those CEOs with $1 salaries. It's always a possibility.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #34147: Aug 30, 2015 09:32:36 am
      Don't bother posting the numbers on the talent he's lost.

That's my biggest issue here - I don't think Brendan can manager the senior players in the side.

Agger left after being told he wouldn't be playing games - had a season or two left in him
      Renia left after being told - wel, im not sure 100% but he had no future. Now at Napoli, could easily do Bogdans job if asked
      Carra left after being told he wouldn't be playing games - easily had  a season left in him, look at Terry for example
      Suarez left to win trophies and because of the British media - could still be here and would be if we were winning things and we paid him a truck load
      Sterling left to win trophies and get a pay day - again, should be here still - manager should have issued a massive contract for him

Lukas almost left - and by all accounts was on his way to Turkey.

My biggest issue us that next week at Utd if we had no injuries we would play Allen in oppose to Lukas and Lovren in oppose to Sakho or Illori. No doubt Lallana would also get a run out too...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34148: Aug 30, 2015 10:08:03 am
      Rafa outspent Rodgers using the old net spend figures

Rafael Benitez

TOTAL BOUGHT: £229,340,000
      TOTAL SOLD: £151,000,000.
      TOTAL NET SPEND: £78,340,000.

Brendan Rodgers

TOTAL BOUGHT: £289,050,000
      TOTAL SOLD: £184,700,000
      TOTAL NET SPEND: 104,350,000

Rodgers net spend is heavily skewered by the sale of two players.

Raheem Sterling £49,000,000
      Luis Suarez £75,000,000

Benitez's net spend is skewered by the sale of one player

Xabi Alonso £30m

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #34149: Aug 30, 2015 10:09:43 am
      Even under Hodgson we were never regularly beaten up by mid table teams      >:(
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34150: Aug 30, 2015 10:10:54 am
      Even under Hodgson we were never regularly beaten up by mid table teams      >:(

If he had been given more time, we would have been. :D
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,532 posts | 224 
      Reply #34151: Aug 30, 2015 10:16:00 am
      Faith is what gives fans hope
      Faith is what keeps us giving unlimited support

Ask yourself so you really believe if Rodgers had another 300 million to spend over three years that we would be a top 4 team?

Be honest and you know the answer is no

Hence why he should go
      I just don't understand why we don't spend 80m instead and spend the other 20m on a class manager and higher wages for players among the elite
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #34152: Aug 30, 2015 10:16:00 am
      Well that's another fine mess you got us into Stanley ,dead man walking for me ,if I have to eat my words at the end of the season so be it , but we have showed no progress since Luis left in fact the team that he has set up looks a fckin shambles , how long is long enough we are lurching from one shambolic performance to another and it's hard to stomach .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #34153: Aug 30, 2015 10:17:58 am
      If he had been given more time, we would have been. :D

Your probably right mate  ;D

Very concerning that with talented players out there like, Coutinho, Benteke, Firmino, Milner, Clyne etc we can put in from what I witnessed one of the worst performances I have seen at Anfield.

The problem is clearly not the calibre of players we have!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34154: Aug 30, 2015 10:35:19 am
      The problem is clearly not the calibre of players we have!

I'm just writing it off as an anomaly for the bedding in period of our new players, yesterday we fielded, Clyne, Gomez, Milner, Benteke, Firminho, who are only 4 games into their competitive Liverpool careers, that's basically half the first XI.

They may have ups, the Arsenal game in the first half and they may have downs, yesterday's result against West Ham, until they click as a unit.

If it becomes apparent over the next few months that this isn't the case, then I'll begin to worry.

What did encourage me yesterday is we didn't actually play that bad, two individual errors cost us the first two goals, we were the better team at that point, we just couldn't break West Ham down, who were compact and were defending just as good as we were against Arsenal.

What didn't encourage me yesterday apart from the defensive mistakes that put us 2-0 down was, it was obvious from early on in the game what West Hams tactics were, they were staying compact in the middle, they were doubling up against Benteke and we weren't getting runners close enough to him, nor were we giving him any service, Rodgers should have changed the shape and personnel much earlier even in the 1st half when their tactics was apparent, I'd have thrown Ings on and gave their center backs some one else to worry about playing on their shoulders.

Quick Reply