Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3057975 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,355 posts | 1634 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34523: Sep 03, 2015 05:33:32 pm
      Those players got that organisation and belief from Rafa mate.

I'd bet my house they if Rafa was brought in to coach this squad right now we'd see a massive improvement and silverware within two seasons.

You can have my house and double the bet .
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #34524: Sep 03, 2015 06:44:42 pm
      I think many of us can feel some sympathy for Rodgers as he's doing his best and it's a lonely job in the Liverpool manager's seat when things aren't going well. Souness and Houllier had heart trouble during their spells in the job.

The truth remains though that even if it was a manager like Fabio Capello in charge for his 4th season, a guy with a glittering CV at huge clubs, he would be under severe pressure if he had won nothing, had a debacle last season and had wasted millions on the likes of Lovren, Allen, Lallana.

Rodgers is very lucky to still be in the job, so there can be no excuses left.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34525: Sep 03, 2015 07:39:48 pm
      Did anyone hear Mickey Quinn on talksport this morning he said apparently after the game on saturday there was a big to do in the dressing room "cups and saucers flying" was his words.

Not looking rosy if true and quite frankly i would not be surprised.
      flying saucers in the dressing room, no wonder we lost
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34526: Sep 03, 2015 08:01:31 pm
      flying saucers in the dressing room, no wonder we lost

Just saucers?

Oh that's right no cups in there recently

:-[

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #34527: Sep 03, 2015 09:03:33 pm
      Aye, can't blame Mario for throwing his toys out the pram in the dressing room, he's fu**ed off to Milan ;D

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #34528: Sep 03, 2015 09:05:44 pm
      Those players got that organisation and belief from Rafa mate.

I'd bet my house they if Rafa was brought in to coach this squad right now we'd see a massive improvement and silverware within two seasons.

Made Traore a Champions Leauge winner ;D

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #34529: Sep 03, 2015 09:37:24 pm
      Think it's clear when he purchased Benteke he hadn't a clue on how he was going to set up his team. He hasn't got a true football philosophy. Never truly press, never truly possess, never on the complete counter. He does not commit to one style and it pays as the players haven't a clue of what they're doing out there. I've talked to many people in football and they share the same feelings

He's been deploying Coutinho and Firmino in positions that doesn't let them become focal points in the side even though they are our best players. He has Milner playing deep.

The scary thought is the owners decided in the summer it was smart to keep Rodgers rather than go for the available options which were clearly way above Rodgers.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34530: Sep 03, 2015 09:42:37 pm
      Think it's clear when he purchased Benteke he hadn't a clue on how he was going to set up his team. He hasn't got a true football philosophy. Never truly press, never truly possess, never on the complete counter. He does not commit to one style and it pays as the players haven't a clue of what they're doing out there. I've talked to many people in football and they share the same feelings

He's been deploying Coutinho and Firmino in positions that doesn't let them become focal points in the side even though they are our best players. He has Milner playing deep.

The scary thought is the owners decided in the summer it was smart to keep Rodgers rather than go for the available options which were clearly way above Rodgers.

Both Ancelotti  and Klopp were pretty serious about taking some time off...so in my mind those two were our best options.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #34531: Sep 03, 2015 09:47:47 pm
      You can have my house and double the bet .

Wow - looks like they are giving homeless dudes free wifi access now...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #34532: Sep 03, 2015 10:07:30 pm
      Both Ancelotti  and Klopp were pretty serious about taking some time off...so in my mind those two were our best options.

Seriously AZ there are more than two coaches who are better then Brendan working on Europe and who could find us an attractive team to come to.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34533: Sep 03, 2015 10:13:19 pm
      Seriously AZ there are more than two coaches who are better then Brendan working on Europe and who could find us an attractive team to come to.

There are mate but it's clear Klopp has his eyes on the Kop, to miss out would be a massive mistake in my opinion. They're head and shoulders above the rest imo.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34534: Sep 03, 2015 10:19:21 pm

I know Si...but if they are available than we should at least give them a shot.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #34535: Sep 03, 2015 10:26:02 pm

I can tell you for certain Klopp would take the job then and now
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34536: Sep 03, 2015 10:34:26 pm
      I can tell you for certain Klopp would take the job then and now

He would and he would be absolutely perfect. It's exactly what we need, I've no doubt whatsoever.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34537: Sep 03, 2015 10:40:05 pm
      He would and he would be absolutely perfect. It's exactly what we need, I've no doubt whatsoever.

I think there is one problem.

We can all acknowledge that although FSG are not Hicks & Gillette bad they do lack a certain amount of ambition.

If they bring in a top notch manager..a guy that has won it all and he fails...the public blame falls on them.

That might be a very good reason why we never see a Klopp at Anfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #34538: Sep 03, 2015 10:46:12 pm
      I think their ambition only goes as far as seeing out the stadium expansion and then flogging us off to the highest bidder.
      Their only hope was that FFP would be enforced strictly and now that has been relaxed they know they can't compete or rather don't want to compete.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34539: Sep 03, 2015 10:51:05 pm
      I think their ambition only goes as far as seeing out the stadium expansion and then flogging us off to the highest bidder.
      Their only hope was that FFP would be enforced strictly and now that has been relaxed they know they can't compete or rather don't want to compete.

I'm sure from.their point of view, everything is going according to plan, and Brendan is.following the plan perfectly. Brendan could be here until they go.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34540: Sep 03, 2015 10:51:23 pm
      I think there is one problem.

We can all acknowledge that although FSG are not Hicks & Gillette bad they do lack a certain amount of ambition.

If they bring in a top notch manager..a guy that has won it all and he fails...the public blame falls on them.

That might be a very good reason why we never see a Klopp at Anfield.

I get the reasoning and logic behind what you're saying AZ but I can't quite believe they'd basically cut off their nose to spite their face. As Si has pointed out on many occasions this squad is not far from being decent, it just lacks a few vital ingredients to bring balance. It certainly lacks an identity and style, that is something both Ancelotti and Klopp would bring, but beyond that the pull of playing with those managers, the lure of a project would begin again rather than the dull train we appear to be on right now.

I have my gripes with FSG, I'd love nothing more than the richest man in the world to proclaim his love for everything LFC and re-establish us on top of the tree but I very much doubt that is going to happen. I think FSG are here for a good while yet, football is seemingly still in a boom period in terms of commercial revenue, there's no reason for them to cash in just yet but to truly maximise their investment they will have to get back into the CL and there's no short cuts to that.

I honestly believe and hope we'll see Brendan replaced with Klopp before christmas.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34541: Sep 03, 2015 10:55:16 pm

They are here for a long long time...I have little doubt of that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #34542: Sep 03, 2015 11:34:54 pm
      I know Si...but if they are available than we should at least give them a shot.

Of course but the way you wrote the last post it looked like they were are only choices.

There are mate but it's clear Klopp has his eyes on the Kop, to miss out would be a massive mistake in my opinion. They're head and shoulders above the rest imo.

I agree on Klopp but I'd add Emery to any list of coaches who potentially could be well worth a look if and when the time comes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34543: Sep 03, 2015 11:36:37 pm
      I agree on Klopp but I'd add Emery to any list of coaches who potentially could be well worth a look if and when the time comes.

Oh don't worry mate your obsession with him nearly rivals mine with Klopp, it has bee duly noted ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #34544: Sep 03, 2015 11:41:20 pm
      Oh don't worry mate your obsession with him nearly rivals mine with Klopp, it has bee duly noted ;D

;D

Either or would be the right appointment and while they're at it grab the DoF that they work with as well to really seal the deal.

In all seriousness though it speaks volumes that even after a few of us, myself included, saying that it was only one defeat and we need a little more evidence before talking about Brendan going all the chat since has been of what our next move should be and with little real oppostion to the talk as well.

I think the writing really is on the wall for Brendan as far as the fans are concerned.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34545: Sep 03, 2015 11:45:30 pm
      I think the writing really is on the wall for Brendan as far as the fans are concerned.

Agreed.

I thought there was some small hope with the change in the backroom staff but 7 out of 8 halves of bloody awful footy have really eaten away at people's resolve which of course for some was already empty.

Right now I honestly feel we're just wasting time and resources, miracles could happen but I fully expect at christmas for Brendan to be on his way. Should he leave here having mostly failed it will be interesting to see where he ends up because I still think there are those that believe he is a decent manager.

Quick Reply