Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3071696 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36340: Sep 25, 2015 12:19:00 pm
      Possibly mate, I was just thinking that the international break before we play Spurs would be an ideal time to make the change. Give Ancelotti :) a bit of time to settle in before the next game.

It's now or never, do or die, I'd simply put it that way. The upcoming games are real scary. I've nothing against BR personally but he's far from ready for the job, it just came too soon for him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36341: Sep 25, 2015 12:19:06 pm
      Do I need to answer ?

Second Question:  ;D

Simeone  Win Ratio  63 %

Now he'd bring the snarl and people would know they're coming to our house that's for sure!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36342: Sep 25, 2015 12:24:19 pm
      @TonyBarretTimes: Rodgers: "I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool."

What's the point hanging around waiting until the other two are snapped up by someone else!

On a serious note - I'm confident he'll be gone this time next week.

To my mind he's more or less said this morning that he's out of ideas, time and magic beans.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #36343: Sep 25, 2015 12:27:43 pm
      Do I need to answer ?

Second Question:  ;D

Simeone  Win Ratio  63 %

Would love Simeone here, would give us that steel and edge we are lacking.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36344: Sep 25, 2015 12:37:01 pm
      Simeone is a great call and another example showing that Klopp and Ancelotti arent the be all and end all.

The only problem with any other manager than those two obviously is trying to get them to move mid season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36345: Sep 25, 2015 12:47:27 pm
      A question for you lot.

Would you still want Brendan fired if both Klopp and Ancelotti have said no to the job?

Personally I would but be interesting to gauge thoughts.

No point sacking Brendan and replacing him with Howe or the likes.They may prove to be great coaches in the future but Gary Monk is just on the same par as Brendan we have to get a manager who is comfortable at the level this club needs to be at. It is so important to get a manager of high standing now or we could be in serious trouble
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36346: Sep 25, 2015 12:48:33 pm
      No point sacking Brendan and replacing him with Howe or the likes.They may prove to be great coaches in the future but Gary Monk is just on the same par as Brendan we have to get a manager who is comfortable at the level this club needs to be at. It is so important to get a manager of high standing now or we could be in serious trouble

Didn't really answer my question Walt.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #36347: Sep 25, 2015 12:49:47 pm
      Simeone is a great call and another example showing that Klopp and Ancelotti arent the be all and end all.

The only problem with any other manager than those two obviously is trying to get them to move mid season.

Don't forget, but why would Simeone actually want to leave Atletico?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36348: Sep 25, 2015 12:54:11 pm
      Didn't really answer my question Walt.

Really which part of "no point sacking Brendan" isn't an answer to the question. If we can't get Klopp or Ancelotti or someone of their standing then there is no point sacking Brendan whats the point. We are at a crossroads andi personally think the wrong decision now could really destroy this club.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36349: Sep 25, 2015 12:56:16 pm
      A question for you lot.

Would you still want Brendan fired if both Klopp and Ancelotti have said no to the job?

If none of them get the job, As we discussed in April/May.

Id want an ex. red coming back, if a young manager, then have Kenny there as DOF.

But there are loads of good managers all over the world, I just feel if the change is happening and we can't get a big name, I think somebody connected with the club would have a better chance of success than a good manager who has no conenctions with LFC.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36350: Sep 25, 2015 01:14:57 pm
      @brendanrodgrsok

Twitter Account.

BR Quotes .....

Ancelotti is a terrific wee manager, no question, but he's maybes not worked before with players the calibre of Moreno or Lovren.

I'm being asked how close young Sturridge is to the first team and it's terrific to say he's very close.
      He's just over there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #36351: Sep 25, 2015 01:17:31 pm
      A question for you lot.

Yep, I'm sick of listening to him talk, I'm sick of watching him flood our midfield with mediocrity and absolutely no support for the striker, because the attacking midfielders are told to get back and help out etc.

In short I'm done watching his brand of football.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36352: Sep 25, 2015 01:19:02 pm
      A question for you lot.

Yes - it's like a boxer mate.

In terms of LFC he's a shot fighter. Legs gone, can't hold the punches any more and can't react or get anything off.

Needs to go quickly.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #36353: Sep 25, 2015 01:20:21 pm
      A question for you lot.

Yep absolutely. I'm tired of the team he's made us, we're a team with no 'character' (despite his claims), no backbone and we are the easiest team to bully in the league. Every Liverpool team I've seen has had some fight in them and this one has none.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36354: Sep 25, 2015 01:21:54 pm
       Not sure how reliably he is but a guy on Twitter @Kopworld has said were meeting with Ancelotti this weekend and that a settlement has already been agreed with Brendan.

Could be a wind up but his time line only seems to be active when thighs are going on at the club.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #36355: Sep 25, 2015 01:22:42 pm
      I have always been a fan of Brendan, and what he did with this club 2 years ago was unbelievable (whether you believe it was solely the magic of Luis or not, Brendan created the lineup and style that got the best out of the team). I believe Brendan has been unfortunate with Luis Suarez leaving, and that the corresponding transfer window didn't have anyone near Suarez's caliber to replace with (I don't think any top notch player wanted to try to fill those boots). That led to a tough year which saw Sterling go, and I honestly believe Couthino is on the brink of being the next star out. 

Having said that, Brendan has not gotten anything out of this team. The run he is on is dismal, and Liverpool simply must be better than this. The football is boring, slow, and worst of all predictable. With the likes of Klopp out there, I think the owners need to save the rest of this season in order to prevent another 2 year slump of attracting players without the bonus of Champions League participation. Klopp's name and enigma alone will attract better players than Brendan ever could, even with the bonus of CL football. I know the owners are hesitant with yet another managerial turnover, but seriously, look at clubs around the world who are admittedly better than us: they have almost all changed within the last 2-3 years. The likes of Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Manchester teams...they all have changed when they began to become stagnant. They all know/knew how damaging it could become and last. I hope our owners recognize this same threat, and act upon it while big names are still out there.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36356: Sep 25, 2015 01:23:01 pm
      A question for you lot.

Definitely for me Si,
      Brendan has taken us as far as he can, and tbh I think he should fall on his sword,  as to who takes over besides Klopp or Carlo I'm not sure!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36357: Sep 25, 2015 01:25:50 pm
      Not sure how reliably he is but a guy on Twitter @Kopworld has said were meeting with Ancelotti this weekend and that a settlement has already been agreed with Brendan.

Could be a wind up but his time line only seems to be active when thighs are going on at the club.

This one mate

@KopWorld: FSG advisors have landed in Liverpool. Rodgers knows he's gone, settlement being sorted before an announcement 👍
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36358: Sep 25, 2015 01:26:08 pm
      Yep, I'm sick of listening to him talk, I'm sick of watching him flood our midfield with mediocrity and absolutely no support for the striker, because the attacking midfielders are told to get back and help out etc.

In short I'm done watching his brand of football.

Its where I am HR.

I've had enough of the turgid sh*te we've been served up for a year now and I'd sack him even if those two weren't wanting to come.

I'd appoint a DoF and a caretaker then let the DoF get on with hiring the manager.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36359: Sep 25, 2015 01:26:58 pm
      I am not a fan of Brendan never have been but aren't people worried what these idiots will do if they sack him. Ancelotti/Klopp are a very good fit for very different reasons but they have a vision of what a manager should look and sound like and it may not fit with our choices and the reasons for them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36360: Sep 25, 2015 01:27:12 pm
      This one mate

@KopWorld: FSG advisors have landed in Liverpool. Rodgers knows he's gone, settlement being sorted before an announcement 👍

Yep.

He even had a 'hotel booking' with Carlo's name on it.

Now I'm not buying the picture of the hotel booking but time will tell if there is something in it.
      chanfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #36361: Sep 25, 2015 01:27:56 pm
      Agree with all the above, I've tried to be patient but we haven't scored more than 1 goal since pre-season. No desire or fight in the players who should be good enough to put away Carlisle at home without penalties. I think he's lost the dressing room and needs to go for us to get anything decent out of this season and start moving in the right direction again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #36362: Sep 25, 2015 01:28:26 pm
      I am not a fan of Brendan never have been but aren't people worried what these idiots will do if they sack him. Ancelotti/Klopp are a very good fit for very different reasons but they have a vision of what a manager should look and sound like and it may not fit with our choices and the reasons for them.

So you'd keep him then.

Weird from one of his biggest critics on here.

Quick Reply