Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3083057 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36662: Sep 27, 2015 07:18:54 pm
      Who said it was an excuse? Not me.  Seen several try to use it to soften Rodger's guilt in all of this.

Wasn't aiming that at you, but it is narrow minded for anyone (not aimed at you either) to think that under the current structure, a brilliant manager is going to come in and change things at once. That is just naive, and above all, stupid.

A brilliant manager is only one ingredient of a successful club. Yes, it is the most important ingredient but it is not the sole reason.

I'll give you an example in another sport, let's say F1 - Michael Schumacher only went to a bang average Ferrari team in 1996 with assurances that he would be able to bring his own team of men - many of whom were part of his successful years in a Benetton car. He was the right driver but he made sure he would have the right team structure around him. He got his way, with his knowledge of winning championships and the entire team went on to dominate F1 after decades of mediocrity for Ferrari. Another great driver Alonso went to Ferrari in 2010, but his lack of nous about team structure and obtaining the right men to work for the team compared to Schumacher hampered his efforts and he left last year with no championship.

A great driver doesn't automatically win championships in F1, and great managers don't automatically win cups with any club. The structure has to be there, and like Schumacher, Klopp knows this and has experience of building and working under a winning structure so has more knowledge, credibility and authority on this matter than a bunch of Americans whose expertise is baseball. It's a very German way of working.

If FSG want to be serious about success, they hire a winner and listen to the winner, as opposed to continuing with their futile methods underpinned by idiots who have a narrow view of football having worked in lower league clubs.

In fact, we are a bit similar to Ferrari prior to Schumacher arriving. An institution rich with tradition, heritage and culture, tired out by years of mediocrity only to be saved by a German who knows his stuff. Yeah, we can all dream.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36663: Sep 27, 2015 07:24:28 pm
      I'm kinda cool at the minute, results went in our favour yesterday to a small degree, were not that far away from the top, we need to start building on that, if Rodgers can get them playing better, conceding less and picking up more points i'm prepared to ride out and see what happens, if the wheels fall off, he has to go.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #36664: Sep 27, 2015 07:29:49 pm
      It literally is a non topic. Who is anyone to question what a manager should do after we score a goal. Question his tactics, question his selection but for god sake questioning how many fists he pumps or hands he holds in the air is just absolute sh*te. Feel like my IQ is lowering reading some of this.

We're debating why he suddenly, and deliberately has decided not to 'celebrate' Mags.

I do agree that in the grand scheme of things it might not mean much but I do think it can be discussed without getting hysterical about it which is what I think a few of us have done today.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36665: Sep 27, 2015 07:35:58 pm
      We're debating why he suddenly, and deliberately has decided not to 'celebrate' Mags.

I do agree that in the grand scheme of things it might not mean much but I do think it can be discussed without getting hysterical about it which is what I think a few of us have done today.

Usually when a manager does something very differently or out of character they are trying to make a point. Rafa wearing a track suit and concentrating on coaching his team etc etc was a prime example.

I never noticed whether Brendan celebrated or not but if he didn't there is probably some reason for it.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36666: Sep 27, 2015 07:52:57 pm

But he did... First goal he gave a double fist pump, for the second he applauded I think and the others he was raging because we'd just conceded a stupid goal. I didn't particularly celebrate, in fact I shouted "why didn't we do that F***ing earlier"; moreover he doesn't always go mad when he score a goal, the most we normally get is one hand in the air which then makes a fist that he shakes. Sometimes he gives it some 'umph' but not all the time.

People are arguing if something is a mountain or a molehill but it's actually just a F***ing piece of grass.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36667: Sep 27, 2015 07:56:07 pm
      But he did... First goal he gave a double fist pump, for the second he applauded I think and the others he was raging because we'd just conceded a stupid goal. I didn't particularly celebrate, in fact I shouted "why didn't we do that f**king earlier"; moreover he doesn't always go mad when he score a goal, the most we normally get is one hand in the air which then makes a fist that he shakes. Sometimes he gives it some 'umph' but not all the time.

People are arguing if something is a mountain or a molehill but it's actually just a f**king piece of grass.

Not even a piece of grass....it's a desolate wasteland where no growth occurs. That's how barren the debate on his celebrations are.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #36668: Sep 27, 2015 08:39:54 pm
      He wasn't celebrating because he knows how sh*t we are at the back and expected us to concede straight after scoring.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36669: Sep 27, 2015 08:56:18 pm
      Decided to have a look to see how Brendan celebrated our goals.

1/ Definitely different and restrained celebrations by Brendan

2/ Not sure what that means, or even if it means anything 

I think he may have just been trying to keep his emotions in check on what must have been a difficult day for him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #36670: Sep 27, 2015 09:06:40 pm
      Give the man a break, save for after the Everton game ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36671: Sep 27, 2015 09:37:32 pm
      I fully expect Brendan to celebrate studge's hat trick goal at the dump on Sunday by running a full lap of the pitch with his kecks round his ankles with a big sign painted on his back  with an arrow pointed to his ass saying kiss this lawrenson and head butt martinez and hold up five fingers to denote each goal. Which part of this dream is the most unlikely is open to interpretation.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,332 posts | 774 
      Reply #36672: Sep 27, 2015 09:43:42 pm
      Whatever our thoughts on Brendan, a win against the Blues**te, we should all be happy with next Sunday.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #36673: Sep 27, 2015 09:57:37 pm
      Whatever our thoughts on Brendan, a win against the Blues**te, we should all be happy with next Sunday.

I cant remember a Derby game in which we will be underdogs and without a jamie or Stevie in the side reagrdless off Brendan's position I really dont want to take a beating but I am really worried about this one really worried
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #36674: Sep 27, 2015 09:58:02 pm
      I don't think I'll be betting my mortgage on a win against the bitters.
      It's always a gritty passionate fixture to say the least. Unfortunately they have an unfair advantage at the mo.
      They've got a few scousers playing for them !
      As for Klopp, perhaps we should check out his goal celebrations to make sure he has one that makes him adequate enough to manage us eh !
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,629 posts | 763 
      Reply #36675: Sep 27, 2015 10:07:05 pm
      Body Language Expertsâ„¢
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36676: Sep 27, 2015 10:27:35 pm
      As for Klopp, perhaps we should check out his goal celebrations to make sure he has one that makes him adequate enough to manage us eh !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KyjMx4uV8

(For those who aren't aware, that is genuine emotion as opposed to suppressed and staged)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #36677: Sep 27, 2015 10:30:25 pm
      Decided to have a look to see how Brendan celebrated our goals.

1/ Definitely different and restrained celebrations by Brendan

2/ Not sure what that means, or even if it means anything 

I think he may have just been trying to keep his emotions in check on what must have been a difficult day for him.

Possibly Saint.

I don't think many on here are blowing it out of proportion but more having a chat as to why he has appeared different after we scored than he normally does.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #36678: Sep 27, 2015 10:33:40 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KyjMx4uV8

(For those who aren't aware, that is genuine emotion as opposed to suppressed and staged)

Sign him up he should have been a high jumper.
      Just spent sometime looking at the comments about Brendan on other sites. If anyone thinks we give him a hard time or show disrespect I suggest they have a look around he gets a very easy ride on here.
      Back to Jürgen I would have to check with the PR dept to see if showiing genuine emotion is on message with FSG.
      seems a genuinely nice guy but thats as close as we will ever get to him FSG have their man.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36679: Sep 27, 2015 10:58:53 pm
      If Rodgers even thinks about going to Woodison looking for a draw this Sunday it will be the biggest mistake of his managerial career at Liverpool.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36680: Sep 27, 2015 11:00:13 pm
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015 11:13:14 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36681: Sep 27, 2015 11:38:44 pm
      If Rodgers even thinks about going to Woodison looking for a draw this Sunday it will be the biggest mistake of his managerial career at Liverpool.

If Brendan goes to Woodison with that goal celebration we are going to get hammered. That's not a premier league class celebration. That sort of thing may be o.k. at Reading Brendan but we need our best goal celebration out on the pitch .... get it sorted mate. 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36682: Sep 28, 2015 12:40:14 am
      You don't like King Kenny and Rafa. mate you are asking for it. ;D

I liked Kenny as manager first time around, but after see what He did with Newcastle, then Celtic, I knew it would be a mistake to bring him back to LFC as a a manager.

As for Rafa, signed some great players, no one can dispute that, and had some memorable win under him, but that where I part company with most here.

He was dreadful as a man manager. He alienated,belittled and bullied players, did not set his team up to win games (unless he was forced to,Marseilles, in the CL) instead his first thoughts was not to lose as a result we drew games we should have won (Aston Villa the year we came second fielding 7 defensive players), he was overly defensive in his approach to games, and valued  the CL about all else to the detriment of our chances of win a Title, FA and League cups Only when he removed the shackles his overly defensive style of play from our players did we see the true Liverpool and the magnificent run we when on in the League, and the 4-1 win over Man Utd. If Rafa was made manager again we may win another CL Trophy, and we would never win the Title, and for me that is the "Holy Grail"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36683: Sep 28, 2015 12:42:42 am
      I liked Kenny as manager first time around, but after see what He did with Newcastle, then Celtic, I knew it would be a mistake to bring him back to LFC as a a manager.

As for Rafa, signed some great players, no one can dispute that, and had some memorable win under him, but that where I part company with most here.

He was dreadful as a man manager. He alienated,belittled and bullied players, did not set his team up to win games (unless he was forced to,Marseilles, in the CL) instead his first thoughts was not to lose as a result we drew games we should have won (Aston Villa the year we came second fielding 7 defensive players), he was overly defensive in his approach to games, and valued  the CL about all else to the detriment of our chances of win a Title, FA and League cups Only when he removed the shackles his overly defensive style of play from our players did we see the true Liverpool and the magnificent run we when on in the League, and the 4-1 win over Man Utd. If Rafa was made manager again we may win another CL Trophy, and we would never win the Title, and for me that is the "Holy Grail"

Yeah, lets not get Rafa back because he would prioritise the Champions League.
      Makes sense that.

I'd rather a manager did that than raise a big F***ing white flag to Real Madrid.

The question was raised when Suarez was at the club.
      "Is Suarez a flat track bully?"
      It might have been better suited to Brendan.
      Seems to be only one way to play.
      When Suarez, Sturridge & Sterling were on form it clicked.
      When a team made life hard for us it fell apart,
      with no Plan B.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36684: Sep 28, 2015 01:07:13 am
      Nobody has mentioned they want Kenny back.

My comments in regards to Kenny was in response to these post....

Kenny Dalglish is a winner through and through, he should have been given more time to rectify mistakes.

I will be happy for Klopp, Anchelotti, Kenny or any other big name that can bring in some top name players again.

if they bring in another version then we will be here again in another couple of seasons.

Think If you followed what I have been saying, you would find that we are reading from the same page on this one

Quick Reply