Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3071773 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36685: Sep 28, 2015 01:11:23 am
      I can defend what I said.  And I'll say it again.

Kenny Dalglish's 2011/12 season in charge was more enjoyable, to me, than the past 12 months have been.

Which bit of that do you disagree with - bearing in mind it's my opinion.

Yes You are right and I apologizes. It is after all your opinion (No sarcasm meant)
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #36686: Sep 28, 2015 01:29:46 am
      I liked Kenny as manager first time around, but after see what He did with Newcastle, then Celtic, I knew it would be a mistake to bring him back to LFC as a a manager.

As for Rafa, signed some great players, no one can dispute that, and had some memorable win under him, but that where I part company with most here.

He was dreadful as a man manager. He alienated,belittled and bullied players, did not set his team up to win games (unless he was forced to,Marseilles, in the CL) instead his first thoughts was not to lose as a result we drew games we should have won (Aston Villa the year we came second fielding 7 defensive players), he was overly defensive in his approach to games, and valued  the CL about all else to the detriment of our chances of win a Title, FA and League cups Only when he removed the shackles his overly defensive style of play from our players did we see the true Liverpool and the magnificent run we when on in the League, and the 4-1 win over Man Utd. If Rafa was made manager again we may win another CL Trophy, and we would never win the Title, and for me that is the "Holy Grail"

This is gonna be controversial but here it goes............

I'd rather we win another European Cup than the Premier League.

There I said it. There's something more romantic and attractive to Ol' Big Ears than the Premier League. And besides, Champions of Europe has a better ring to it than Champions of England. Your club's name presides over an entire continent instead of just one measly, inward looking country.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #36687: Sep 28, 2015 07:21:09 am
      http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/news/10008372/pressure-on-brendan-rogders-at-liverpool-is-unfair-says-paul-hayward

Pressure on Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool is unfair, says Paul Hayward.

I do not agree completely here but there is some truth in this.
      Pressure is apsolutely fair because he spent a lot of money and still did not delivered anything from the players he bought.The question that remains is who is the one that chooses the players that will come to our club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36688: Sep 28, 2015 07:53:20 am
      http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/news/10008372/pressure-on-brendan-rogders-at-liverpool-is-unfair-says-paul-hayward

Pressure on Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool is unfair, says Paul Hayward.

I do not agree completely here but there is some truth in this.
      Pressure is apsolutely fair because he spent a lot of money and still did not delivered anything from the players he bought.The question that remains is who is the one that chooses the players that will come to our club.

just a thought, would Hayward and the likes of woy's bessie mate paddy Barclay say it's unfair if the manager was foreign ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36689: Sep 28, 2015 08:04:29 am
      I cant remember a Derby game in which we will be underdogs and without a jamie or Stevie in the side reagrdless off Brendan's position I really dont want to take a beating but I am really worried about this one really worried

I can remember a derby game where we were underdogs John, we were in the old 2nd division and played Everton at Goodison in a F.A. Cup tie. We thrashed the bas**rds 4-0.Liddell and A'court  played blinders.
          Back to Rodgers ,I still think he is on borrowed time, the  Klopp  rumours are gathering pace.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36690: Sep 28, 2015 08:06:25 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-boss-rodgers-ill-10143930

“It’s not about proving people wrong,” Rodgers said.

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.

“There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here and we built and produced a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

“It didn’t but nobody even expected us to be near the top four. I know how to manage top players and build and manage an exciting group, but when you lose that or those players are not available and you have to piece it together, that takes time. Then all the good work gets forgotten. That’s how it works.

“My only gripe is that it seems the focus has not been on what’s gone on and what we’ve been missing, but more about getting me out of the club. That’s sad.

“I am the same man who nearly won us the game, but better. If you give me the tools I’ll do the work.”

God he doesn't half talk some sh*te having spent £290M and he still doesn't have the tools!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36691: Sep 28, 2015 08:17:01 am
      I can remember a derby game where we were underdogs John, we were in the old 2nd division and played Everton at Goodison in a F.A. Cup tie. We thrashed the bas**rds 4-0.Liddell and A'court  played blinders.
          Back to Rodgers ,I still think he is on borrowed time, the  Klopp  rumours are gathering pace.

Alan went to our old school.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2015 08:27:03 am by eurored »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36692: Sep 28, 2015 08:58:41 am

“My only gripe is that it seems the focus has not been on what’s gone on and what we’ve been missing, but more about getting me out of the club. That’s sad.

Is right but.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36693: Sep 28, 2015 09:07:33 am

but they still had leaders in that team they had "men" not boys and we need some "men" in our team.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #36694: Sep 28, 2015 09:09:04 am
      What is Rodgers saying? That the current group of players he has are not talented? He bought that team, that's Rodgers blueprint, wonder how such comments will help when players are reading that they are not quality? & it was Rodgers who allowed quality to leave and replace them
      With mediocre players..... Jeez.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36695: Sep 28, 2015 09:11:39 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-boss-rodgers-ill-10143930

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.

“There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here and we built and produced a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

“It didn’t but nobody even expected us to be near the top four. I know how to manage top players and build and manage an exciting group, but when you lose that or those players are not available and you have to piece it together, that takes time. Then all the good work gets forgotten. That’s how it works.

“I am the same man who nearly won us the game, but better. If you give me the tools I’ll do the work.”

God he doesn't half talk some sh*te having spent £290M and he still doesn't have the tools!

If he knows what a talented play can do for the club why has he endorsed the signing of some of the worst players ever to set foot at Anfield.
      He will not accept his faults in bringing us to where we are now. If as a manager you feel that the support and finance is insufficient to enable you to meet your targets you either fight to change it or you F**k off somewhere else. This is his 4th season he has had 1 good season end of story nothing else matters.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36696: Sep 28, 2015 09:14:22 am
      What is Rodgers saying? That the current group of players he has are not talented? He bought that team, that's Rodgers blueprint, wonder how such comments will help when players are reading that they are not quality? & it was Rodgers who allowed quality to leave and replace them
      With mediocre players..... Jeez.

Yes I can see him taking on motivational speaking after he leaves Anfield. What was the Bruce Forsyth line "what a lovely Audience so much better than last weeks" Well Brendan could say "what a great squad but so less talented than the 13/14 one" FFS Brendan stop talking and concentrate on the DERBY
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36697: Sep 28, 2015 09:17:22 am
      Rodgers has got his 'agenda' remarks arse about face, by and large the media have taken to him as he is approachable and has kept in general most of them on side.

It's the fans who have it in for him, always has been. You only have to look at the posters on here over the last few pages who are jizzing themselves over his celebrations or lack of, or whatever. However, the results and performances have been that bad now that even the more moderate or hopeful fans have now questioned, or given up on Rodgers but the most ardent anti-Rodgers fans, similar to the media, smell blood and are happily putting the boot in to the man when he's down, this is what it's all about now for them.

He needs to go because witnessing this distasteful behaviour by fellow Reds isn't what supporting this club is all about.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #36698: Sep 28, 2015 09:17:46 am
      Be careful whar you think will be any improvement..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36699: Sep 28, 2015 09:26:29 am
      He has had opportunites to establish himself as a succesful manager. Premier league failed when we had the best chance in 2 decades,
      Champions league the most awful group stage ever,League Cup Semi final failed,FA Cup semi Final failed. When these opportunites come up a real winner shows himself  and nearly men look for excuses.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36700: Sep 28, 2015 09:26:48 am

See he'd have a point if he hadn't already proven himself wrong time and time again.

We can all agree that he needs more quality to win the league, that is without question. I don't believe even the greatest manager on the planet would have our squad winning the league at the moment. However I do believe that many other managers could have got the squad we had last year to beat Villa in the semis, could have got the squad we have this year to beat Carlisle at home in the 90 minutes or Norwich at home.

It's yet another excuse to deflect from the fact he is the lack of quality in the group. There's more than enough talent in this squad to be putting teams like that away without too much trouble.

Look in the mirror Brendan, stop the self-delusion and get to the acceptance phase, you're simply not good enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36701: Sep 28, 2015 09:31:54 am
      Sounds like a man feeling the pressure. It's no agenda to get him out the club by anyone, it's wanting what is best for the club. The fact he seems more concerned about some sort of campaign by individuals to get him out the club, instead of the fact we are playing crap, playing players out of position, signing players for big money but then not playing them and generally sticking with line ups and formations that simply aren't working. Not to mention the first time we have scored so many goals since February. Again, it sounds time like Rodgers is trying to pass the blame rather than accepting responsibility.

He also hasn't proven anything other than no matter how clueless you are at certain areas of the game, as long as you have Suarez in your team you can compete.

One scraped win doesn't change anything, it's time for Rodgers to move on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36702: Sep 28, 2015 09:40:46 am
      I genuinely don't think I've ever seen a manager talk so much sh*t in my life.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36703: Sep 28, 2015 09:44:16 am
      Sounds like a man feeling the pressure. It's no agenda to get him out the club by anyone, it's wanting what is best for the club. The fact he seems more concerned about some sort of campaign by individuals to get him out the club, instead of the fact we are playing crap, playing players out of position, signing players for big money but then not playing them and generally sticking with line ups and formations that simply aren't working. Not to mention the first time we have scored so many goals since February. Again, it sounds time like Rodgers is trying to pass the blame rather than accepting responsibility.

He also hasn't proven anything other than no matter how clueless you are at certain areas of the game, as long as you have Suarez in your team you can compete.

One scraped win doesn't change anything, it's time for Rodgers to move on.

I agree with you Kenny, we all want what is best for the club without any agenda. Rodgers has had a good run at L.F.C. and he has failed this club and so must suffer the consequences.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36704: Sep 28, 2015 09:47:37 am
      This pretty much sums it up for me:

Rodgers has not been able to dictate transfer policy during his time at Merseyside, having some players like Mario Balotelli pressed upon him and denied other targets like Swansea City and Wales international Ashley Williams because they were deemed too old and not glamorous enough.

Source: Daily Mail

Whilst Rodgers has been forced to operate with some players that he didn't want, some of the players we refused to buy for him were just as bad anyway. He's got this obsession with shitty Swansea players

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36705: Sep 28, 2015 09:51:37 am
      Rodgers has got his 'agenda' remarks arse about face, by and large the media have taken to him as he is approachable and has kept in general most of them on side.

It's the fans who have it in for him, always has been. You only have to look at the posters on here over the last few pages who are jizzing themselves over his celebrations or lack of, or whatever. However, the results and performances have been that bad now that even the more moderate or hopeful fans have now questioned, or given up on Rodgers but the most ardent anti-Rodgers fans, similar to the media, smell blood and are happily putting the boot in to the man when he's down, this is what it's all about now for them.

He needs to go because witnessing this distasteful behaviour by fellow Reds isn't what supporting this club is all about.

If I could have plussed times 50 I would have, the last few pages of this thread are an illustration of how embarrassing it is when our own fans form a baying mob. It's exactly the reason why I think Brendan ought to go, NOBODY could manage the club effectively under these circumstances. The reality is of course that if you had offered most sensible people the LEAGUE TABLE after seven matches and given our fixtures they'd have taken it, but it isn't about that any more. Similarly an away draw in the Europa league, or progression into the next round of the Carling Cup with a home tie to come, but it isn't about that either.

The most important thing for a large number of fans at the moment is getting Brendan out of the club, far more so than it is the team winning football matches. They deny this obviously (maybe they even believe it to be the case), but you only have to listen to them and to read them to realise it is so. Perhaps Brendan deserves it and perhaps they are right I don't know, but I do know it's unhealthy for the football club. I also know that it sickens me to the pit of my stomach to see fans wading into the man over goal celebrations, interviews, his choice of clothing/bird etc. It's getting to the stage where we ought to stop thinking of Liverpool as being a "special" club, because not only is it no longer so in terms of how successful we are on the pitch, it is also no longer so for how we behave off it.   
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36706: Sep 28, 2015 09:52:00 am
      I genuinely don't think I've ever seen a manager talk so much sh*t in my life.

Hodgson ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36707: Sep 28, 2015 09:52:22 am
      This pretty much sums it up for me:

Whilst Rodgers has been forced to operate with some players that he didn't want, some of the players we refused to buy for him were just as bad anyway. He's got this obsession with shitty Swansea players

That's right give him Ashley Williams and Ryan Bertrand and he would have us challenging again.........deluded!

Quick Reply