Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Fabio Borini (Roma)

Read 29465 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Re: Fabio Borini - Roma
      Reply #23: Jun 22, 2012 10:06:01 am
      I'm worried about this one solely because of our track record with signing Italian players. Third time lucky maybe.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Jun 22, 2012 10:17:24 am
      I'm worried about this one solely because of our track record with signing Italian players. Third time lucky maybe.
      We signed Ian Rush from an Italian club,Oh sorry he's not Italian is he.I remember him making spaghetti or was it pasta out of Everton at Wembley.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Jun 22, 2012 10:24:56 am
      Pretending you are an expert on players you barely watch is what the transfer window is all about

Perhaps he doesn't have FM12  :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Jun 22, 2012 10:38:34 am
      Fabio Borini - The killer

Looks good, doesn't miss a single shot in that video.  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27: Jun 22, 2012 10:48:18 am
       What's with the celebration? Bit odd.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jun 22, 2012 10:58:35 am
      Watches Youtube clip
      Realises 30 Seconds to Mars is Playing
      Leaves thread
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Jun 22, 2012 11:05:04 am
      What's with the celebration? Bit odd.

“I’ve been planning that celebration for a long time,” he said after scoring his first senior goals in March last year, a brace for Swansea versus Nottingham Forest. “In Italy it means you’ve got the knife between your teeth – it’s when you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals.”
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Jun 22, 2012 11:06:44 am
      “I’ve been planning that celebration for a long time,” he said after scoring his first senior goals in March last year, a brace for Swansea versus Nottingham Forest. “In Italy it means you’ve got the knife between your teeth – it’s when you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals.”

Brilliant.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31: Jun 22, 2012 11:13:20 am
      Just reading some quotes and info about him and he seems the determined, hungry sort. The sort of attitude you want in a player.

“Fabio lives for goals, first and foremost he expects to score in every game he plays,” Buck

“I was left very impressed by his determination,” Prandelli.

“Enrique can no longer do without the tireless running of Borini,”  “He ran himself into the ground and did the work of two players.” Gazzetta dello Sport

His style of play is old fashioned, as is his hair, his moustache, even his position – not quite a winger, not quite a forward, more of a wing forward. But while Borini may lack Bojan’s sophistication he more than makes up for it with good old-fashioned graft. And that’s what makes him arguably the most exciting player Italy have produced since the man whose place he has  took in Prandelli’s squad, Mario Balotelli. Football Italia.

Sounds like a goal hungry Kuyt!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jun 22, 2012 11:47:53 am

Boom!
      I'm sold.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #33: Jun 22, 2012 11:53:19 am
      Kuyt was goal hungry, just not particularly goal scoring.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3866 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Jun 22, 2012 11:55:16 am
      not quite a winger, not quite a forward, more of a wing forward. But while Borini may lack Bojan’s sophistication he more than makes up for it with good old-fashioned graft.

Kuyt was goal hungry, just not particularly goal scoring.

The description won it for me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #35: Jun 22, 2012 12:25:52 pm
      Our booard do have links with the Roma board so the possibility of the transfer happening is very strong.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #36: Jun 22, 2012 01:43:43 pm
      Liverpool waiting for Borini

Liverpool are reportedly ready to make an offer for Fabio Borini once his co-ownership status between Roma and Parma is resolved.

The two Italian clubs have until 7pm local time this evening to take full ownership or they will be forced into a blind auction. Envelopes will be opened tomorrow morning.

Borini moved to Parma last summer on a free transfer after his contract at Chelsea was not renewed by the English club.

The 21-year-old then moved to Roma on loan and the Giallorossi bought a 50 per cent share in him during the January transfer window.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that both clubs are looking to 'keep' him, especially as the Premiership outfit may be ready to offer as much as €12m for his services.

Liverpool’s interest is as a result of the appointment of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield. Borini worked under Rodgers at Swansea during a brief loan spell where he scored six goals in 12 League games.

Borini is currently on international duty with Italy at Euro 2012, but he has yet to appear for the Azzurri in the tournament.

http://www.football-italia.net/20270/liverpool-waiting-borini
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 22, 2012 01:47:48 pm
      Our booard do have links with the Roma board so the possibility of the transfer happening is very strong.

Yeah, they'll be rubbing their hands together saying "Here's them scouse mugs again, I wonder if we can blag another £20million".

Haha.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jun 22, 2012 03:20:14 pm
      Liverpool waiting for Borini

Liverpool are reportedly ready to make an offer for Fabio Borini once his co-ownership status between Roma and Parma is resolved.

The two Italian clubs have until 7pm local time this evening to take full ownership or they will be forced into a blind auction. Envelopes will be opened tomorrow morning.

Borini moved to Parma last summer on a free transfer after his contract at Chelsea was not renewed by the English club.

The 21-year-old then moved to Roma on loan and the Giallorossi bought a 50 per cent share in him during the January transfer window.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that both clubs are looking to 'keep' him, especially as the Premiership outfit may be ready to offer as much as €12m for his services.

Liverpool’s interest is as a result of the appointment of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield. Borini worked under Rodgers at Swansea during a brief loan spell where he scored six goals in 12 League games.

Borini is currently on international duty with Italy at Euro 2012, but he has yet to appear for the Azzurri in the tournament.

http://www.football-italia.net/20270/liverpool-waiting-borini

I'm the loving the idea of the blind auction. However, if a 50% stake for his ownership is sold for £3-4m then we are possibly looking at paying anywhere between £10-15m for him as both of the clubs will want a healthy profit. However, i have no idea how much players are normally sold for in these blind auctions normally so if anybody would assist my understanding then i would appreciate it.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #39: Jun 22, 2012 05:24:43 pm
      Looks like we're proper in for this fella so, haven't seen enough of him at all to be honest, but I remember the name from back in the day with Chelsea alright.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #40: Jun 22, 2012 11:18:40 pm
      Found this on line thought it may be interesting
      Borini keeps on running
      Ahead of Fabio Borini's Italy bow, Scott Fleming recounts the tireless youngster's journey from West London to the Welsh Coast to the banks of the Tiber, with a knife between his teeth.

He never stops running. Watch the eight goals Fabio Borini has scored for Roma this season and you'll find almost all of them are the culmination of lung bursting runs. But he doesn't stop there. He doesn't catch his breath or accept the congratulations of his teammates, he keeps on running, as if he doesn't understand the game and isn't aware he's scored, like a little moustachioed Forrest Gump. He gallops off towards the sidelines, a big smile on his face, his right hand thrust between his teeth.

As celebrations go it's fairly naff, not quite as cool as Francesco Totti's thumb sucking or Pablo Osvaldo's machine gun routine, but it does provide us with some important insight if you're wondering what made Chelsea sign Borini when he was just 16 “ or what has compelled Cesare Prandelli to give the now 20-year-old his first international call-up for Italy's friendly against the USA in Genoa.

"I've been planning that celebration for a long time," he said after scoring his first senior goals in March last year, a brace for Swansea versus Nottingham Forest. "In Italy it means you've got the knife between your teeth “ it's when you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals."

Borini, who is a full three years younger than anyone else in the Azzurri squad for tomorrow's game, has had the good fortune to work with a bevy of respected Coaches in his short career to date, from Carlo Ancelotti to Brendan Rogers, Ciro Ferrara, Luis Enrique and now Prandelli, and not one of them has a bad thing to say about the boy from Bentivoglio.

If there's a theme to the praise lavished upon Borini by bosses past and present it's this “ his mental qualities, hunger, passion, the 'knife between his teeth', distinguish him and promote him above more naturally gifted teammates. "I was left very impressed by his determination," says Prandelli.

"Fabio lives for goals, first and foremost he expects to score in every game he plays," commented Rodgers, whose Swansea side have been adulated for their attractive football in the Premier League, but might still be in the Championship if it wasn't for Borini, so influential was the young Italian in his two months on loan at the Welsh club. Rodgers, who had previously worked with Borini in his capacity as reserve team Coach at Chelsea, attempted to bring the Azzurrini forward back to the Liberty Stadium even after Parma's summer swoop, but the Roma deal was already done. Borini headed for the Eternal City before he'd made a single competitive appearance for the Gialloblu.

Signing for such a big club seemed premature, and the Bologna youth product was little more than a bit part player until Osvaldo was struck down by injury in January. Enrique could have drafted in former Barcelona colleague Bojan Krkic as a replacement. If it was just a matter of God given ability he would have. "Enrique can no longer do without the tireless running of Borini," declared the Gazzetta dello Sport after the Giallorossi's 4-0 victory over Inter at the start of the month. "He ran himself into the ground and did the work of two players." That game was Borini's breakthrough, he scored two splendid goals and left Inter's defenders Lucio and Walter Samuel wheezing and reaching for their zimmer frames.

His style of play is old fashioned, as is his hair, his moustache, even his position “ not quite a winger, not quite a forward, more of a wing forward. But while Borini may lack Bojan's sophistication he more than makes up for it with good old-fashioned graft. And that's what makes him arguably the most exciting player Italy have produced since the man whose place he has took in Prandelli's squad, Mario Balotelli.
      http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/index.htm
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #41: Jun 23, 2012 01:23:31 am
      Found this on line thought it may be interesting
      Borini keeps on running
      Ahead of Fabio Borini's Italy bow, Scott Fleming recounts the tireless youngster's journey from West London to the Welsh Coast to the banks of the Tiber, with a knife between his teeth.

thanks for that, I was wondering what the hell that goal celebration was!
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 23, 2012 03:24:53 pm
      According to Sky Italia, Roma have obtained the full rights to Fabio Borini for £3.9M (4.9M Euros).Don't think the Borini deal is dead. Roma buying full ownership means they can pocket the full transfer fee + and have last say on the move.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 23, 2012 03:25:37 pm
      Borini agent after closure of blind auction:"Borini has fulfilled his dream of becoming 100% a Roma player"."There were other offers [#LFC] but we've always been focused on Roma. He'll repay faith with performances."looks like a huge bid will only be considered now,highly unlikely to happen
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 24, 2012 01:25:31 am
      Quite happy that weve missed out on this guy, watched him at Swansea in the Championship and he never really stood out for me.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #45: Jun 24, 2012 06:07:53 pm
      Why were we even linked with this player?  Hadn't he just moved to Roma in January?  Just lazy jouro work picking a name of a player that played for Rodgers in the past.

Quick Reply