Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Demba Ba (Newcastle)

Read 7893 times
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Re: Demba Ba (Newcastle)
      Reply #23: Jul 03, 2012 08:35:47 pm
      hhhhhmmmmmmm, thinking about it, liverpool are hardly black player rich are we... not saying we're racist but there's and awful lot of honkeys playing for us....

LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Jul 03, 2012 08:37:26 pm
      hhhhhmmmmmmm, thinking about it, liverpool are hardly black player rich are we... bot saying we're racist but there's and awful lot of honkeys playing for us....

Do you mind, I prefer the term white chocolate. ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Jul 03, 2012 08:38:05 pm
      :laugh:

It's from South Park mate. In relation to what I had quoted beforehand.

Oh i see,said the blind man, haven't watched it for ages mate, guess i got some catching up to do  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Jul 03, 2012 09:02:23 pm
      "Holla back everybody. So much stuff about me lately. Rumours are rumours! Just forget about it. By the way I had the best holiday ever!!”

Ba on Twitter.
      Pool of Liver
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 04, 2012 06:49:45 pm
      I rate him simply because his brother is an old student of mine, and a very nice chap he is too.

Unfortunately his brother sort of disappeared from the school so I can't shed any light on the matter, but I will say that Demba Ba has great talent, if he is indeed injury free.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 05, 2012 12:10:16 am
      He looked insane at Newcastle , he wouldn't be starting every game so he could be a perfect fit off the bench as a impact player and to use in European and cup games.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jul 05, 2012 04:18:55 am
      I would prefer a striker like Suarez, Jovetic. instead of signing a player like Huntelaar for 20mil, Ba for 7mil would be a good deal although I'm sure his goals were due to the good service from Newcastle mainly(carroll too).  with the wingers we have I suspect it will be the same next season, we need good wingers or maybe Rodgers will make wonders and we'll have the grace to see Downing make an assist in the EPL in a red shirt. ;)

but we need to bid these 7mil! plz
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #30: Jul 05, 2012 10:17:59 am
      Something about Ba tells me he is not a top class striker. His stats read decent for when he played up top through the centre, just a gut feeling Newcastle have seen the best of him. Only my opinion, but why would you let it be known that there is a £7mil get out clause in his contract if you rated him and were hell bent on keeping him ?  Sure it was the club that released the fact and not his agent. Maybe his knees are gone so they want to unload him. Up to the medical boys I supose, but not sure he is what we are really looking for. Signs of settleing for second best again if we go for him I think. :-\
      liverpoollovefc
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 05, 2012 05:45:24 pm
      He did well in the first half of the season for Newcastle as the sole striker, but they brought in a second striker who pretty much took over and scored all the goals.  Ba can only play as a single striker, and the one person they look for for goals. It worked when he was on loan at West Ham, and it worked for Newcastle.  As soon as Newcastle changed that philosophy it stopped working. That won't work here.

He's got a dodgy kneel as well, and as he gets older it will only get worse.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #32: Jul 05, 2012 06:40:43 pm
      I dont think he is much good tbh, I can see the logic in getting a decent player for 7 mill, but I cant see the point in buying squad players at the moment, its first team players we need and Ba isnt as good a Suarez or big Andy so why waste the money.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 05, 2012 07:41:34 pm
      Hell no dont want him, spent most of his time injured, had 1 at newcastle without and now he's hot property. Just our luck he would come to Anfield get crocked and spend all the time on the physio's bed. leave him at Newcastle and look elsewhere please BR.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2012 07:56:04 pm
      Hell no dont want him, spent most of his time injured, had 1 at newcastle without and now he's hot property. Just our luck he would come to Anfield get crocked and spend all the time on the physio's bed. leave him at Newcastle and look elsewhere please BR.

Agreed. Don't want to take the risk.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35: Jul 07, 2012 11:17:22 pm
      If we were to sign players in all the other positions that need strengthening then I'd have him for 7 mil no bother.

I think we need a top TOP striker aswell as another squad striker and he fits the bill of the latter at that price.

Been a while since we've had a few options up front.

Quick Reply