Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Andy Carroll (Various clubs)

Read 122063 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,698 posts | 3937 
      Re: Andy Carroll (Various clubs)
      Reply #1495: Aug 30, 2012 11:36:56 pm
      I am so so disappointed. Absolutely gutted!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1496: Aug 31, 2012 12:57:11 am
      Feel sorry for the Big fella. He never even got a chance to show BR if he could cut it in BR's system apart from a 10 minute cameo the other day. He must have been real sh*t in training.

Good Luck Andy at the Hammers.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1497: Aug 31, 2012 01:00:31 am
      Good luck Andy at the Hammers but you never should have been bought and certainly never should have been burdened with such a ridiculously high transfer fee.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1498: Aug 31, 2012 01:04:00 am
      Thought he was a like for like buy.

We sell £50 Million striker.

We buy £35 Million striker.

We £15 Million up!

Both strikers struggled at their clubs but £50 Million striker starts to find form after getting a start in team.

£35 Million striker not played enough but loaned out.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1499: Aug 31, 2012 01:04:49 am
      Oh well, good luck at West Ham Andy, hope you score for fun and score some crucial goals against City/Scum/Everton etc. (just not us)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1500: Aug 31, 2012 01:15:38 am
      Oh well, good luck at West Ham Andy, hope you score for fun and score some crucial goals against City/Scum/Everton etc. (just not us)

He won't be able to play against us anyway....
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1501: Aug 31, 2012 01:31:10 am
      Not a big fan of this, if I am honest. Said before, it is all a bit too 'Aquilani-esque' for my liking. We could send him on loan, could be a failure or West Ham get relegated. We are then lumped with an unhappy player who knows he wasn't wanted. That said, if money was offered, as opposed to a loan, would have accepted it.

If we don't get anyone in, I'll be very disappointed. I wouldn't rule it out though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1502: Aug 31, 2012 03:37:15 am

We £15 Million up!

Both strikers struggled at their clubs but £50 Million striker starts to find form after getting a start in team.

£50M striker once 3rd best player in the whole damn world...
      £35M striker good 6 months 2 years ago...
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #1503: Aug 31, 2012 04:48:32 am
      I think that this loan is a win-win for all parties involved. Carroll will be a starter and will be able to showcase his skills and make doubters such as myself shut their mouth. Liverpool will be praying that Carroll does well so his re-sale value goes up given that apparently the original 17M auto-buy clause was removed from contract. WH gets a strong striker that fits perfectly Sam's football style.

Everyone is happy except some Liverpool fans. I am not one of them as I believe that Carroll is too predictable, quite slow and limited in his tactical awareness to ever become a top rated striker. I will be waiting for big Andy to prove me wrong which I hope he will as I like the guy... seems like a good lad. So goobye Andy and best of luck! YNWA.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #1504: Aug 31, 2012 04:56:48 am

We £15 Million up!

Comparing Torres to Carroll is laughable. The 2 players are not near the same level. Let's be serious now... As much as I hate Torres now (mainly because I have 2 Torres shirts that I cannot wear anymore) he is a top striker, without a doubt one of the best in the world prior to his injury. Carroll on the other hand not so much... This is not a personal attack on Andy, but the 2 players cannot be compared.

If Torres was still at Liverpool, under a BR system, he would be without a doubt in the starting 11.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1505: Aug 31, 2012 05:10:06 am
      He won't be able to play against us anyway....

Written into the deal?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1506: Aug 31, 2012 05:27:38 am

I believe that is league rules when one club has financial interest in the player.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1507: Aug 31, 2012 07:26:27 am
      £50M striker once 3rd best player in the whole damn world...
      £35M striker good 6 months 2 years ago...
      We could have waited and spend the 35 million more wisely. For the player who actually deserves this kind of fee.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #1508: Aug 31, 2012 08:31:10 am
      Why isnt this thread locked yet ?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #1509: Aug 31, 2012 09:00:01 am
      Just saw this. A F***ing season long loan? Where's the logic in that? F**k it
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1510: Aug 31, 2012 09:02:44 am
      Just saw this. A F***ing season long loan? Where's the logic in that? F**k it

Logic.

Not wanted by Rodgers.
      No one would meet our asking price.
      We've got his wages off the board for a year.
      Andy Carroll & Carlton Cole is a Fat Sam wet dream.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1511: Aug 31, 2012 09:03:04 am
      Shame for the lad, not his fault over the Fee.

Never a £35m player, barely a  £20m player, but we needed a striker, and Newcastle took Comolli and Dalglish for mugs.

Need an adequate replacement now, as the number 9 shirt is Vacant...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1512: Aug 31, 2012 09:04:57 am
      Logic.

Not wanted by Rodgers.
      No one would meet our asking price.
      We've got his wages off the board for a year.
      Andy Carroll & Carlton Cole is a Fat Sam wet dream.

On top of that Carroll told Rodgers he wants to start (and/or play significant minutes) and Rodgers told him he could not guarantee anything (implying he was #3 on the depth chart) to Andy's credit he chose to go and play football vs. sitting on his arse all season collecting a paycheck.

"Andy wanted this to be a season where he was going to be playing regularly, and obviously I couldn't guarantee that.

"He's got the chance to go and play and demonstrate his qualities. It allows us to move on and then we'll assess it over the course of the season.

"He wants game time. He's a good guy, has worked well in training, but I can only pick 11 players and I've got some wonderful talents here like Luis Suarez.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/br-on-carroll-deals-and-hearts

Now if Smoking Joe would just have that attitude we would be in good shape.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1513: Aug 31, 2012 09:05:13 am
      I don't know when we will have two good strikers.  for a club like lfc
      we have to get a top striker someone who will give  problems every time  he get
      the ball  .for me if we don't get a world class striker l don't see us even to be in the top six
      at the end of the season.it is normal if u are a striker u must score goals
      to take off the pressure.
      We wasted money  on R.Kean we are just doing the same with carroll

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1514: Aug 31, 2012 09:07:00 am
      Shame for the lad, not his fault over the Fee.

Never a £35m player, barely a  £20m player, but we needed a striker, and Newcastle took Comolli and Dalglish for mugs.

Need an adequate replacement now, as the number 9 shirt is Vacant...
      Funny you dont mention the owners or Ayres the people who sanctioned the deal.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1515: Aug 31, 2012 09:09:57 am

Kenny could of said for 35 million I don't want him Walton. Jesus you think they wanted to pay 35 million just because?

Kenny did and has done great things, but he is not 100% innocent in this issue or the other transfers

And by the way your the one that always said "owners are there to sign the checks only" in this case that is what they did when Comolli/Kenny decided on them.

Nobody shoved a gun in Kenny's face and said you must take Carroll and at 35m, he said himself (as well as Comolli) that they worked together but Kenny had final say on transfers.

All he had to say was let's stick with Suarez/Babel/Ngog and will use that money in the summer where there is more time and better deals; I seriously doubt the owners would have said "NO you must spend it today"
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1516: Aug 31, 2012 09:12:25 am

They sanctioned it on football mens say so, they signed the cheques, the boards job as a great man once said.  Daglish said he had final say on transfers, it doesn't tarnish the great man's legacy, to say he made mistakes, in fact I think trying to water them down by spreading the blame tarnishes him more.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1517: Aug 31, 2012 09:13:49 am

Kenny could of said for 35 million I don't want him Walton. Jesus you think they wanted to pay 35 million just because?

Kenny did and has done great things, but he is not 100% innocent in this issue or the other transfers

And by the way your the one that always said "owners are there to sign the checks only" in this case that is what they did when Comolli/Kenny decided on them.

Nobody shoved a gun in Kenny's face and said you must take Carroll and at 35m, he said himself (as well as Comolli) that they worked together but Kenny had final say on transfers.

Yes I am sure having just robbed chelsea for £50 million signing a cheque for £35million must have been difficult.
      Kenny needed a striker on deadline day Carrol was put there as the only option what was he going to do.

Quick Reply