Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andy Carroll (Various clubs)

Read 123146 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Andy Carroll (Various clubs)
      Reply #1449: Aug 30, 2012 09:11:25 pm
      Not happy with this at all ! Tomorrow is going to be a very long day!
      Just want to wish Andy all the very best and I hope he scores shed  loads for them.

A long and stressful day beckons. Hopefully it won't drag on too much and a replacement is brought in before the evening.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1450: Aug 30, 2012 09:12:17 pm
      I'll say now that I'll bet five of yer english pounds that there's a surprise deal tomorrow .

Like we will sign a badger?

That would be a suprise..

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1451: Aug 30, 2012 09:12:21 pm
      What do we do if the replacement is Clint Dempsey?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1452: Aug 30, 2012 09:12:54 pm
      A long and stressful day beckons. Hopefully it won't drag on too much and a replacement is brought in before the evening.

SSN talking about Sturridge as the replacement
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1453: Aug 30, 2012 09:13:04 pm

Panic.  :angel:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1454: Aug 30, 2012 09:13:17 pm
      SSN talking about Sturridge as the replacement

Dean?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1455: Aug 30, 2012 09:13:25 pm

Worry
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1456: Aug 30, 2012 09:13:55 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1457: Aug 30, 2012 09:15:34 pm
      Not happy with this at all ! Tomorrow is going to be a very long day!
      Just want to wish Andy all the very best and I hope he scores shed  loads for them.

I don't! I hope he's as sh*t for them as he was for us. Otherwise that would take the F***ing piss! 4 league goals for us last season. F***ing scandalous. I bet some players got that in 1 game, let alone 1 season.

£35M - A British transfer record for 4 league goals a season. We'd have been better off just giving that to local charities. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1458: Aug 30, 2012 09:16:26 pm
      I don't! I hope he's as sh*t for them as he was for us. Otherwise that would take the f**king piss! 4 league goals for us last season. F***ing scandalous. I bet some players got that in 1 game, let alone 1 season.

£35M - A British transfer record for 4 league goals a season. We'd have been better off just giving that to local charities. 

Thing is FOAR even if he never plays another game for us he still belongs to us, him failing at WHU is not going to help us when the loan is over.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1459: Aug 30, 2012 09:16:32 pm

I wouldn't be fully satisfied, but we would be replacing Andy with a better player, although of a different position
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1460: Aug 30, 2012 09:19:23 pm
      Like we will sign a badger?

That would be a suprise..

To you maybe - I however have a mole whose cousin is a badger. He says there's a rat in the camp that needs weaseled out so he's beavering away to get to bottom of it but for f#cks sake don't tell mouse!
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #1461: Aug 30, 2012 09:21:50 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1462: Aug 30, 2012 09:22:33 pm
      Kinda apt Gopher posted after your post there Scotia!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1463: Aug 30, 2012 09:23:35 pm
      Kinda apt Gopher posted after your post there Scotia!

The gift that keeps giving...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1464: Aug 30, 2012 09:26:30 pm
      Thing is FOAR even if he never plays another game for us he still belongs to us, him failing at WHU is not going to help us when the loan is over.

West Ham are not going to buy him now. We are being fu**ed in the arse here like we were with Aquilani, make no mistake. This is what happens when you make bad signings for massive money, you get screwed when you try to cut your losses.

West Ham have got themselves a great deal on the back of our desperation to get rid of the useless lump. He'll probably shape himself now and have a great season but West Ham still won't buy him for his value.

Clubs know that we don't want him and that means they know they can take the piss and we'll have to let them.

The lesson here is never sign "prospects" for huge fees. If your going to spend big, then make sure it is on proven talent.

We're just going to have to bend over and take it for the next few years while we get rid of the pure sh*te we unfortunately signed these past few seasons under Roy (only Cole left) and The King. (Downing, Adam, Henderson and still Carroll when he returns left to go.)

Until we do that Brendan is not going to have the squad of players he wants because this Summer he has been hamstrung by being unable to shift the deadwood.

Every Summer we seem to have to shift the deadwood. I'll be happy when we stop having to do that because it will mean we'll have a good squad. Something we haven't had since we finished 2nd. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1465: Aug 30, 2012 09:35:13 pm
      West Ham are not going to buy him now. We are being fu**ed in the arse here like we were with Aquilani, make no mistake. This is what happens when you make bad signings for massive money, you get screwed when you try to cut your losses.

West Ham have got themselves a great deal on the back of our desperation to get rid of the useless lump. He'll probably shape himself now and have a great season but West Ham still won't buy him for his value.

Clubs know that we don't want him and that means they know they can take the piss and we'll have to let them.

The lesson here is never sign "prospects" for huge fees. If your going to spend big, then make sure it is on proven talent.

We're just going to have to bend over and take it for the next few years while we get rid of the pure sh*te we unfortunately signed these past few seasons under Roy (only Cole left) and The King. (Downing, Adam, Henderson and still Carroll when he returns left to go.)

Until we do that Brendan is not going to have the squad of players he wants because this Summer he has been hamstrung by being unable to shift the deadwood.

Every Summer we seem to have to shift the deadwood. I'll be happy when we stop having to do that because it will mean we'll have a good squad. Something we haven't had since we finished 2nd. 

If he scored a boat load of goals at WHU somebody will buy him, if he score nothing nobody ever will.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1466: Aug 30, 2012 09:37:28 pm
      If he scores a boat loads of goals then it is insult to injury as far as I'm concerned.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1467: Aug 30, 2012 10:00:15 pm
      If he scores a boat loads of goals then it is insult to injury as far as I'm concerned.

I just hope he scores enough so West Ham buy him permanently.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1468: Aug 30, 2012 10:00:47 pm
      hopefully we are targetting someone from outside england as a replacement
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1469: Aug 30, 2012 10:01:22 pm
      I don't see Brendan as being the type of man to say "I'd be daft to loan Andy out..." and not mean it.

I may be way off the mark but... I've a notion that 'the powers that be' realised that we ran the risk of losing out on 'the player' Brendan wants if we were to rely on selling Andy first and now truly believe he is being loaned to clear space. I think Brendan has been 'given the nod'.

To that end I can see 'the player' being brought in and 'questions asked' (players sold) later. It's only a gut feeling but I hope it's true on so many fronts. I'm genuinely excited about tomorrow.  8)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1470: Aug 30, 2012 10:02:11 pm
      So its official Brendan in his own words is a nutter.Who loans out a £35mil player???? He is off the wages for a season thats about the only positive.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1471: Aug 30, 2012 10:08:08 pm
      hopefully we are targetting someone from outside england as a replacement

Just hope we get someone good enough, don't care where they were born.  If you're after someone to score goals, been more than a few British players capable of that through the years and some high profile foreigners that weren't, Morientes or Baros anyone?

Quick Reply