Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 196411 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1817: Dec 22, 2014 04:31:01 pm
      Limited in talent even if he runs around and works harder than Balo. Can't see what he would add to the team in the long term. Off load him asap to raise funds for a decent striker.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1818: Dec 22, 2014 04:41:15 pm
      Would be very surprised to see him play for us again.

The way he carried on you'd swear he was pushing for a move, done himself no favours at this club that's for sure.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1819: Dec 22, 2014 05:04:45 pm
      The way he carried on you'd swear he was pushing for a move, done himself no favours at this club that's for sure.

His actions yesterday seems to suggest so, so unprofessional. However he seemed so adamant that he wanted to stay at the club during the summer, that it seems to be contrary to those original wishes when he went against the club by acting so stupidly yesterday.

Either way, I don't think he'll resist any offers to stay at the club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1820: Dec 22, 2014 05:29:06 pm
      His actions yesterday seems to suggest so, so unprofessional. However he seemed so adamant that he wanted to stay at the club during the summer, that it seems to be contrary to those original wishes when he went against the club by acting so stupidly yesterday.

Either way, I don't think he'll resist any offers to stay at the club.

Because he's a money grabbing tape worm. Still maintain it's nothing to do with wanting to 'make it' at Liverpool. He cares about the club as much as his wallet does.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1821: Dec 22, 2014 08:09:49 pm
      Because he's a money grabbing tape worm. Still maintain it's nothing to do with wanting to 'make it' at Liverpool. He cares about the club as much as his wallet does.

I don't rate borini at all but qpr offered him 2 maybe 3 times his current wages.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1822: Dec 22, 2014 08:54:18 pm

He was offered more by QPR

Maybe he doesn't want to take that much of a step down, if he moved there then he would unlikely be able to move on again for a couple of years at least from somewhere he doesn't want to be

He probably does want to leave but wants to go back home and would rather wait that out

I don't hold that against him. If I were in his shoes I'd do what's best for me too and even for more money if he didn't want it why should he feel forced?

Can't blame the lad for the contract we gave him, we can't have it both ways, be hurt and frustrated when players want to leave and the same when we don't want them but they wait for a move that suits them
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1823: Dec 22, 2014 10:30:29 pm
      Didn't know he was offered more money by QPR.

I genuinely feel he wanted to stay and forge a life here and was willing to fight and prove himself. I also believe his fiance being a scouser is also a good indicated that he wanted this to work out. But for whatever reason, Rodgers didn't fancy him and has left the door open for him.

He never spoke badly of us and always gave his all when he played for us, so I don't understand the hate towards him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1824: Dec 22, 2014 10:46:54 pm
      Nearly scored I guess.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1825: Dec 23, 2014 12:00:56 am
      I don't rate borini at all but qpr offered him 2 maybe 3 times his current wages.

He was offered more by QPR

Maybe he doesn't want to take that much of a step down, if he moved there then he would unlikely be able to move on again for a couple of years at least from somewhere he doesn't want to be

He probably does want to leave but wants to go back home and would rather wait that out

I don't hold that against him. If I were in his shoes I'd do what's best for me too and even for more money if he didn't want it why should he feel forced?

Can't blame the lad for the contract we gave him, we can't have it both ways, be hurt and frustrated when players want to leave and the same when we don't want them but they wait for a move that suits them

Let's get one thing straight here... That's completely the wrong way around. He was demanding more, not offered. Don't know how that story has twisted around.

I want him out, no use to anyone and so much for his 'lion heart' he spoke of and becoming a 'man'. Looked more like a coward to me.

Something about him just seems dirty and slimy and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. You're not thrown around clubs the majority of your career because you've settled in well and are blending with the team by showing grit and determination to make it... Nah let's ship him off to somewhere were he won't have to work so hard for his place but he gets all the benefit of a big club wage. Funny how he was willing to go on loan yet when push came to shove he had a new heart-felt desire to stay. Wages all day long, said it at the start of the season and I'm saying it again. We don't need this rubbish.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1826: Dec 23, 2014 12:29:42 am
      Seems like he deliberately got himself red card to force a move out ..

Coincidentally next month is January.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1827: Dec 23, 2014 01:47:01 am

Really? Very bold statement to make mate. I don't think that would have been the case at all.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #1828: Dec 23, 2014 02:17:20 am
      I don't remember anyone saying any of this crap when Markovic got his red card. When it happens to Borini, he's played his last game here, but when it happens to Markovic, he's showing fighting spirit? Some of you need to sort your emotions out, they're clouding your perception.

how does it seem that way? crazy post.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1829: Dec 23, 2014 05:22:29 am
      I won't have a go at Fabio for getting the red, he was clearly fired up, and was a bit over zealous.
      It's a pity the rest of our players haven't shown the same will to win all season, or we might be higher up the table.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1830: Dec 23, 2014 08:26:23 am

Yeah that's it

Of course a smarter way would have been to accept one of the couple of moves away he had in the summer if he was that desperate

They say them there footballers are thick like but...
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1831: Dec 23, 2014 08:54:54 am
      Has he ever been given a real chance to bed into the squad? by which i mean has he even started 5 games in a row?
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1832: Dec 23, 2014 09:55:22 am
      Has he ever been given a real chance to bed into the squad? by which i mean has he even started 5 games in a row?

Not sure but people on here already had made their mind up that he is sh*t when he refused a move in the summer. While Henderson got lots of positive comments on refusing to move and subsequently 'proving' himself, apparently Borini is a 'c**t'.

I watched him a lot when he was at Sunderland and he is still the best of the three forwards we have(that does not say a lot BTW). It's my opinion of course and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Same way when I don't agree the way he is abused on here. He has always put on the jersey with pride and have always been eager to impress.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1833: Dec 23, 2014 10:05:19 am

Based on what, just seemed he was too pumped up for me, which is understandable, to say that is frankly bullshit
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1834: Dec 23, 2014 10:39:00 am
      There is a lot of pathetic rhetoric going on in this thread.

Borini  even when he was at Sunderland doing well at Sunderland he was making statements that he wanted to prove himself at Liverpool that's where his heart is. Assaidi when on loan was chatting all sort of crap about being appreciated.

Whenever Fabio has played he has played with heart and fight. He ran his balls off against Real and did a job for the manager.  Was rewarded with the bench...and let me say this Borini retains ball possession they same can't be said of BalotellI, he has got less of a chance and has provided more of a goal threat.

People need to get off this lad's back and find some constructive posts to make because regardless of his ability he has always given 110%. Been unfortunate with injuries and never given a run in the squad yet has never moaned.

He has been admirable in his attitude so much so people have conjure up ridiculous ideas about himy trying to get sold in Janunary by getting a red card? WTF?

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1835: Dec 23, 2014 10:48:59 am
      I don't remember anyone saying any of this crap when Markovic got his red card. When it happens to Borini, he's played his last game here, but when it happens to Markovic, he's showing fighting spirit? Some of you need to sort your emotions out, they're clouding your perception.

how does it seem that way? crazy post.

Completely different situation. Borini acted like a child throwing the ball down then produced one of the worst tackles I've ever seen. Borini also (for me personally) has left a sour taste in my mouth after he refused to move in the summer due to contract issues, anyone alive who thinks that a players agent is going to allow him to move somewhere for less money is crazy.

If he really cared about the club he'd have recognised that he was a second rate player and pissed off in the summer allowing us to buy someone who actually contributes.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1836: Dec 23, 2014 10:57:11 am
      then produced one of the worst tackles I've ever seen.

Hyperbole much?

You really should watch more football

It was a card but come on..

Don't get your utter hatred because he didn't move.. I don't rate him myself but I don't hate him because he didn't go to a sh*te club he didn't want to go to.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1837: Dec 23, 2014 11:04:35 am
      Funny how things turn out isn't it when you consider BR chose to spend the money on him and held off buying Danny till the January......now can't get Danny on the pitch or Fabio out the door.

I've never got the Borini thing - just not good enough. But it's not his fault we gave him that contract....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1838: Dec 23, 2014 11:31:14 am
      In few walks of life is it a plus to be a fool. Fabio is a nice lad but a fool, it doesn't help his cause at all.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1839: Dec 23, 2014 12:13:10 pm
      Completely different situation. Borini acted like a child throwing the ball down then produced one of the worst tackles I've ever seen. Borini also (for me personally) has left a sour taste in my mouth after he refused to move in the summer due to contract issues, anyone alive who thinks that a players agent is going to allow him to move somewhere for less money is crazy.

Laughable post really. When Suarez did the tantrums on the field week in week out, it was his 'passion and determination'. When Borini does that, he is acting like a child.

If he really cared about the club he'd have recognised that he was a second rate player and pissed off in the summer allowing us to buy someone who actually contributes.

Really. That's the way a player is supposed to show that he cares for the club? By pissing off?
      In that case Brendan should resign tomorrow if he cares about the club, isn't it?

Quick Reply