Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 195342 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Dec 23, 2014 01:16:08 pm
      Not sure but people on here already had made their mind up that he is sh*t when he refused a move in the summer. While Henderson got lots of positive comments on refusing to move and subsequently 'proving' himself, apparently Borini is a 'c**t'.

I watched him a lot when he was at Sunderland and he is still the best of the three forwards we have(that does not say a lot BTW). It's my opinion of course and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Same way when I don't agree the way he is abused on here. He has always put on the jersey with pride and have always been eager to impress.

I agree with this and now I'm hoping he'll stay and prove the haters wrong. Still think he's the best striking option after Sturridge.

One thing I don't understand is, why Borini would deliberately get a red card to force his way out? wouldn't the best option be to do well and play for a bigger club move? also, Isn't he already out with Rodgers not even acknowledging him since the summer?

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1841: Dec 23, 2014 03:34:36 pm
      Laughable post really. When Suarez did the tantrums on the field week in week out, it was his 'passion and determination'. When Borini does that, he is acting like a child.

Mate, sorry, but the only laughable thing is comparing Suarez to Borini.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #1842: Dec 23, 2014 03:40:01 pm

Even his tantrums don't compare.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1843: Dec 23, 2014 04:09:04 pm
      Even his tantrums don't compare.

Maybe if he'd bitten Cazorla instead  :action-smiley-025:   
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1844: Dec 23, 2014 04:39:14 pm

It's not that. What I don't understand is for weeks we have been asking for the players to show some determination and hunger. I remember a lot of posters saying that players are too quiet and how they should have hounded the linesman when he gave the wrong decision against the mancs.

The same thing happened with borini. He was pumped up and got a wrong decision for a very good tackle. He tried to confront the linesman and threw the ball in frustration.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1845: Dec 23, 2014 05:07:51 pm
      It's not that. What I don't understand is for weeks we have been asking for the players to show some determination and hunger. I remember a lot of posters saying that players are too quiet and how they should have hounded the linesman when he gave the wrong decision against the mancs.

The same thing happened with borini. He was pumped up and got a wrong decision for a very good tackle. He tried to confront the linesman and threw the ball in frustration.

OK, that's fair. Can understand that Fabio might be frustrated, hasn't turned out ideally on a personal level for him. On the passion thing, you need to channel it right too, and he just doesn't do that for me. It's just my opinion, but I've moved past feeling sorry for the guy a while back and now he just bugs the hell out of me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #1846: Dec 23, 2014 05:35:29 pm
      Maybe if he'd bitten Cazorla instead  :action-smiley-025:   

An appetite for the game would do mate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1847: Dec 23, 2014 05:43:28 pm
      Hyperbole much?

You really should watch more football

It was a card but come on..

Still hyperbole? The ball isn't even in that shot either. I watch enough football to know that he's lucky not to have any further action after that tackle that shed blood from another player. Don't try it on mate, you'll not win.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1848: Dec 23, 2014 05:47:38 pm
      Laughable post really. When Suarez did the tantrums on the field week in week out, it was his 'passion and determination'. When Borini does that, he is acting like a child.

Really. That's the way a player is supposed to show that he cares for the club? By pissing off?
      In that case Brendan should resign tomorrow if he cares about the club, isn't it?

Have you really used Suarez and Borini in the same sentence... Wow you got me! I did react differently when Suarez threw the ball or whatever, guess what, he ended up sticking it in the net 2 minutes later unlike Borini is ever going to do because he's second rate.

Also, on a side note, Roger's leaving isn't good for the club, so that's another ridiculous link to my post.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1849: Dec 23, 2014 05:48:16 pm

Still hyperbole? The ball isn't even in that shot either. I watch enough football to know that he's lucky not to have any further action after that tackle that shed blood from another player. Don't try it on mate, you'll not win.

Try what? Win what? We aren't in school lad, grow up eh..

Yes there have been thousands and thousands of worse tackles than that.. But if you think it's the worst you have seen then fair play

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1850: Dec 23, 2014 05:52:06 pm
      Try what? Win what? We aren't in school lad, grow up eh

Yes there have been thousands and thousands of worse tackles than that.. But if you think it's the worst you have seen then fair play

I mean in this argument that Borini's tackle was just about a yellow and that's it. It's a horror tackle, have you even watched it again since the match? Do yourself a favour and watch it again, it honestly gets worse the more you see it. Shocking stuff.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1851: Dec 23, 2014 05:57:26 pm
      I mean in this argument that Borini's tackle was just about a yellow and that's it. It's a horror tackle, have you even watched it again since the match? Do yourself a favour and watch it again, it honestly gets worse the more you see it. Shocking stuff.

I didn't actually say it was just about a yellow.. I said it was a card.. I actually think there is an argument that it was a straight red but i stand by that there are thousands of worse tackles than that in the game.. It was clumsy and late but there was no malice in it, he was just late trying to win a ball that was a hip height by a player quicker to it than him.

We'll just agree to disagree on the severity of it but I never said it was just about a yellow.. The jump to one of the worst tackles ever seen is too big a one for me
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1852: Dec 23, 2014 06:01:42 pm

Watch it in real time, and where you have watched enough football to know he's lucky not to have any further action after that tackle, I have played enough football to know Borini was just too slow to nick the ball away. He was impetuous and the anticipation led to a foul, simple as that.

I just find it pathetic that some of our fans are calling for Borini's head and saying it's deliberate. Every non LFC fan I speak to says Borini was too hasty and was too eager to impress.... ffs, even Arsenal fans say this too. Gotta love some of our fans.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1853: Dec 23, 2014 06:05:11 pm
      We'll just agree to disagree on the severity of it but I never said it was just about a yellow.. The jump to one of the worst tackles ever seen is too big a one for me

I thought it was a red tbh. But in no way was it a malicious and to be mentioned as one of the worse tackles ever seen.. ;D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1854: Dec 23, 2014 06:21:19 pm
      I didn't actually say it was just about a yellow.. I said it was a card.. I actually think there is an argument that it was a straight red but i stand by that there are thousands of worse tackles than that in the game.. It was clumsy and late but there was no malice in it, he was just late trying to win a ball that was a hip height by a player quicker to it than him.

Understandable, no bother mate. We'll draw a line under this one I think :)

Watch it in real time, and where you have watched enough football to know he's lucky not to have any further action after that tackle, I have played enough football to know Borini was just too slow to nick the ball away. He was impetuous and the anticipation led to a foul, simple as that.

I just find it pathetic that some of our fans are calling for Borini's head and saying it's deliberate. Every non LFC fan I speak to says Borini was too hasty and was too eager to impress.... ffs, even Arsenal fans say this too. Gotta love some of our fans.

Look, I'm not saying he done it on purpose. And you saying "I've played enough football to know Borini was just to slow to knick the ball away" is like eating at a 2 Michelin Star restaurant, getting your veg undercooked and going "ah well, those carrots are tricky I've cooked a few in my day". Borini is the cream of the crop, he's being paid THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS a week to play football, as a Premier League player he is in the top 1% of people on this planet at playing football, and there's no excuse for that tackle, and no amount of your experience on the field is even relevant to what he does because he's meant to be on another level.   
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1855: Dec 23, 2014 07:28:22 pm

It really is pathetic how some of our own fans have agendas against some of our own players. If it was Stevie who committed that foul no one would be ripping into him and every fan would be calling him unlucky. F**k sake the lad was just over zealous as he was desperately trying to get involved in the game and make an impression. Can't be easy for him barely making the bench every week having to watch Balotelli mope around the pitch!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1856: Dec 24, 2014 06:55:07 am
      It really is pathetic how some of our own fans have agendas against some of our own players. If it was Stevie who committed that foul no one would be ripping into him and every fan would be calling him unlucky. F**k sake the lad was just over zealous as he was desperately trying to get involved in the game and make an impression. Can't be easy for him barely making the bench every week having to watch Balotelli mope around the pitch!

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Skrtel didn't get the equalizer or we conceded a 3rd, once Fabio went off.

Two stupid acts in the space of a few minutes could have cost us all 3 points.

I've been patient with Fabio up until now but if he wants to "try to get involved in the game and make an impression", how about stick the ball in the back of the net when given the chance? He should have buried that header but he hit it straight at Sczelny (however you spell it), when he had either side of the net to stick it into.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1857: Dec 24, 2014 09:17:46 am

F**k Borini and all the sob stories, he has never saved us a result or made us win a game, he's also  had the benefit of the doubt. He's a wannabe number 10 i.e doesn't even play like a striker.
      A liability is what he is.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3456 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1858: Dec 24, 2014 09:53:40 am
      F**k Borini and all the sob stories, he has never saved us a result or made us win a game, he's also  had the benefit of the doubt. He's a wannabe number 10 i.e doesn't even play like a striker.
      A liability is what he is.

I take it you didn;t read the last bit of this thread, a liability, what based on one sub appearance, grow a pair will you !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1859: Dec 24, 2014 11:22:51 am
      I take it you didn;t read the last bit of this thread, a liability, what based on one sub appearance, grow a pair will you !

That's the Christmas Spirit!  ???
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1860: Dec 25, 2014 04:11:58 am

I didn't read the last bit, no, I've been too busy to go back in every thread especially one about a player who offers nothing but a headless chicken routine every time he plays, constantly out of position, wants to play on the wings, in the number 10 and in midfield.
      This stringbean is supposed to be a striker, it's all about a selfish Borini sob routine again, I don't care about him, is he supposed to be an important player to me or something? Based on what?
      Everyone wanted the 14 million and a new player so there is no point lying to myself.
      The accumulation of everything which equals nothing plus the petulance has turned me against him once and for all.
      My life, my choice made.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1861: Jan 02, 2015 04:12:25 am
      Absolute rubbish this lad.

F***ing headless chicken.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1862: Jan 02, 2015 05:35:44 am
      Just another striker that can't find the net, he isn't going to live up to his early potential. If someone offers 10 million for him now I'd bite their hand off!

Quick Reply