Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 195121 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1932: May 01, 2015 10:39:04 am
      Well u say no difference to the club, but an u21 striker could have taken his space on the bench and Lambert might have got more game time.

I do feel sorry for Borini, cos BR signed him and said how good he can be, and then has hardly played him. Probably realised he is not LFC standard.

But If I was Borini I think I would have figured out I was way down pecking order and woudl be lucky to get starts.

He probably did.. He was probably told but from his point of view if he didn't want to go and get stuck in a 3-4 year spell at a club he didn't want to go to then he thought that waiting out a year.. Play the odd game then get a move back to Italy the summer after.. Be it on a cut down price or loan or whatever.

If he signed for Sunderland permanently then he's like stuck there in that contract for the next 3 years

It's not his fault he was signed but taking away things from our side why should he be forced somewhere he doesn't want to play or live?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1933: May 01, 2015 11:33:22 am
      the fact he's not getting a look in means 100% he will return back home probably to Roma for around 6mil  :mad:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #1934: May 01, 2015 11:36:08 am
      He probably did.. He was probably told but from his point of view if he didn't want to go and get stuck in a 3-4 year spell at a club he didn't want to go to then he thought that waiting out a year.. Play the odd game then get a move back to Italy the summer after.. Be it on a cut down price or loan or whatever.

If he signed for Sunderland permanently then he's like stuck there in that contract for the next 3 years

It's not his fault he was signed but taking away things from our side why should he be forced somewhere he doesn't want to play or live?

Yep.

I don't blame him.

He was at loan there and knew what it was like so obviously didn't fancy it.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1935: May 01, 2015 11:40:11 am
      Lets be fair who would want to live in Sunderland
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1936: Jun 09, 2015 05:49:58 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fabio-borini-wants-showdown-talks-9414982

I had to go to the bottom of the Player Threads page to find boring Borini.

So the man who was going to show Brendan is squealing like a stuck pig to get out after he rejected a £10m move to Sunderland last year.

Rodgers first signing  ! 

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1937: Jun 09, 2015 06:18:11 pm

I had to go to the bottom of the Player Threads page to find boring Borini.

So the man who was going to show Brendan is squealing like a stuck pig to get out after he rejected a £10m move to Sunderland last year.

Rodgers first signing  !

And?

What's your point?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1938: Jun 09, 2015 06:29:42 pm

My point is ........he who refused a move kicked off and wanted to stay  to prove a point ...........  now wants to get out muy pronto.

Im writing this in English and not Swahili.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1939: Jun 09, 2015 06:31:05 pm
      My point is ........he who refused a move kicked off and wanted to stay  to prove a point ...........  now wants to get out muy pronto.

And?
      So what?
      He now wants a move.
      Big deal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #1940: Jun 09, 2015 06:36:32 pm

I admire him for wanting to stay and try and force his way into the side Skip.

Isn't that what we want from players at the club?

He has proven not to be good enough but I do think he could have got more opportunities last season.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1941: Jun 09, 2015 07:06:32 pm
      no one cares about borini.

he has a great wag mind
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1942: Jun 09, 2015 07:46:10 pm
      And?
      So what?
      He now wants a move.
      Big deal.

Do you post for postings sake ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1943: Jun 09, 2015 07:53:48 pm
      Do you post for postings sake ?

Do you?

Because I've asked what the point of this little tirade is a couple of times now, and you haven't answered in any way.

Man up, it was just another dig at the manager, wasn't it.

So much for the holy trinity.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1944: Jun 09, 2015 08:50:43 pm
      I'll admit I'm wrong if that happens...

But it won't.

Please, he's no loyalty to anyone as shown by his track record with clubs and the amount he's had. Borini couldn't care less where he is as long as he's got money in his pocket. He's a nothing player who'll we'll only remember in years to come when someone happens to say "hey remember Borini". Put him on the shelf next to Josemi, Kronkamp and Sebastian Leto never to be remembered again.

Start of the season from me.

Good so everyone in agreement now? Can we please get him the F**k out and move on. Bet the September Borini fans are kicking themselves for showing support to this con-artist. And to think we could have had 13 million for him in September and people actually argued a case for him, saying he truly wants to stay and fight for his place and isn't a money grabbing little bellend. Not ONE shred of desire, not ONE case of wanting to succeed and win. Even now he wants a loan move away because he know's this contract is as good as it's going to get, and this time he can't ask for 80k per week from QPR. Gone is the "I can fight for a place" (on my 60k a week wages I'll get to sit and do F**k all) and now we see the "send me on loan" (so I can get 60k a week to play for a pants team were I'm under no scrutiny).

He KNOWS no club are willing to pay him the same as he's got and he's UNWILLING to take a pay cut yet again. I'm happy as before to let him rot out the rest of his contact and have him playing semi-pro football by the time he's 30. No work, no gain Fabio. You had it all, biggest team in the world with a 60k bumper deal. You got lazy, you don't train, you bi*ch, you moan, your performances on the field are so bad that you've been a hinderance to the team this season when you play because your positioning is so bad.

I know I have strong views. I know people disagree with me. I also know I'm right, and all the signs keep pointing that way the longer he stays.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1945: Jun 09, 2015 08:58:15 pm
      With the season closing and Borini practically gone, I just want a whine and to say... I'm actually gutted for Borini. He chose to stay and fight but was not given an opportunity....a run of games despite playing decent to warrant starts. He's the type of striker that we have been missing all season and if he was given the chance when Sturridge was injured, I actually think he would've filled that #9 role which would've been beneficial to the team.

It's easy to say he's sh*t because he lacks the footballing ability, but look at what he offers for the team. Better work rate, pressing and movement, and with better movement you get more of a goal threat and creating space for others (which he has shown when coming on as sub). I haven't seen that from our 3 strikers this season, have you? He should've at least been given a run of games.

You clearly have no clue what workrate, pressing and movement mean do you? Do you play football by any chance? Because if you watch Borini you'll see he does run around a lot... That is not the same as workrate. He does run towards the opponent a lot when he doesn't have the ball... That is not pressing. He does make runs when we have the ball... That is not movement. Or at least they are not good examples of those things.

Just because you run around a lot does not mean you deserve a shot. People say that about Henderson, but the difference is that he knows when to press, when to run forward and when to work extra hard. Borini plays literally like a schoolboy (I would know I coach a youth team). He is always in the wrong position, he literally gets in the F***ing way all the time something which really annoys me. In the few games he's featured for us, in nearly all of those games he has blocked a shot on target for Liverpool because he's too busy running around like a moron (check it if you don't believe me). He's up there with the worst, and so many football fans who know nothing about playing the game have been fooled by this sham into thinking he's a "hard worker". We may as well have Mo Farah if we just want someone to run around a lot.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1946: Jun 09, 2015 09:04:18 pm
      Do you?

Because I've asked what the point of this little tirade is a couple of times now, and you haven't answered in any way.

Man up, it was just another dig at the manager, wasn't it.

So much for the holy trinity.

Dig at the manager ?   How do you figure that   FFS ?

The reason I posted was to show what a two faced tw*t Borini is and was when he came out with all the tweets

"Finally the madness is finished!" he wrote on Twitter.

"I protected the MAN and the player that I am today, taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it.

"And I'm VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!"

and now he wants out to join a Champions League club. Some ego.

18 appearances =  1 goal.

However.
      Now that you mention it. What did I find on Wikipedia ?  In 2011 he was on loan ....... at Swansea.
      Well that was a surprise.

I keep the sh*te for Rodgers in the Rodgers thread.

You clearly have no clue what workrate, pressing and movement mean do you? Do you play football by any chance? Because if you watch Borini you'll see he does run around a lot... That is not the same as workrate. He does run towards the opponent a lot when he doesn't have the ball... That is not pressing. He does make runs when we have the ball... That is not movement. Or at least they are not good examples of those things.

Just because you run around a lot does not mean you deserve a shot. People say that about Henderson, but the difference is that he knows when to press, when to run forward and when to work extra hard.

Borini plays literally like a schoolboy (I would know I coach a youth team).

He is always in the wrong position, he literally gets in the f**king way all the time something which really annoys me.
      In the few games he's featured for us, in nearly all of those games he has blocked a shot on target for Liverpool because he's too busy running around like a moron (check it if you don't believe me).

He's up there with the worst, and so many football fans who know nothing about playing the game have been fooled by this sham into thinking he's a "hard worker".
      We may as well have Mo Farah if we just want someone to run around a lot.

This.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1947: Jun 09, 2015 09:06:31 pm
      However.
      Now that you mention it. What did I find on Wikipedia ?  In 2011 he was on loan ....... at Swansea.

The surprise is that you did not know that yet. Hardly a secret
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #1948: Jun 09, 2015 09:08:24 pm
      Dig at the manager ?   How do you figure that   FFS ?

The reason I posted was to show what a two faced tw*t Borini is and was when he came out with all the tweets

"Finally the madness is finished!" he wrote on Twitter.

"I protected the MAN and the player that I am today, taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it.

"And I'm VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!"

and now he wants out to join a Champions League club. Some ego.

18 appearances =  1 goal.

However.

I keep the sh*te for Rodgers in the Rodgers thread.

Not sure why he is two faced Skip?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1949: Jun 09, 2015 09:10:30 pm
      The surprise is that you did not know that yet. Hardly a secret

I didnt. I really didnt but it did make me smile that Borini was first in followed not long after by the Welsh Xavi.

Those choices were obviously the famed Transfer Committee's then ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1950: Jun 09, 2015 09:11:58 pm
      Not sure why he is two faced Skip?

Joined at the hip or hunting in packs then?

My Enigma is switched off mate. Lo siento.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1951: Jun 09, 2015 09:27:16 pm
      Not ONE shred of desire, not ONE case of wanting to succeed and win. Even now he wants a loan move away because he know's this contract is as good as it's going to get, and this time he can't ask for 80k per week from QPR. Gone is the "I can fight for a place" (on my 60k a week wages I'll get to sit and do f**k all) and now we see the "send me on loan" (so I can get 60k a week to play for a pants team were I'm under no scrutiny).

Wasn't he offered more wages if he left? + would he not have gotten a signing on fee?

He KNOWS no club are willing to pay him the same as he's got and he's UNWILLING to take a pay cut yet again. I'm happy as before to let him rot out the rest of his contact and have him playing semi-pro football by the time he's 30. No work, no gain Fabio. You had it all, biggest team in the world with a 60k bumper deal. You got lazy, you don't train, you bi*ch, you moan, your performances on the field are so bad that you've been a hinderance to the team this season when you play because your positioning is so bad.

Please stop talking sh*t and stirring up crap on a player you clearly hate.

You clearly have no clue what workrate, pressing and movement mean do you? Do you play football by any chance?

Look, I'm not saying he done it on purpose. And you saying "I've played enough football to know Borini was just to slow to knick the ball away" is like eating at a 2 Michelin Star restaurant, getting your veg undercooked and going "ah well, those carrots are tricky I've cooked a few in my day".

;)

He does run towards the opponent a lot when he doesn't have the ball... That is not pressing. He does make runs when we have the ball... That is not movement. Or at least they are not good examples of those things.

He is always in the wrong position, he literally gets in the f**king way all the time something which really annoys me.

Re-watch the Sunderland game, vs Real, when he came on vs Villa and the game he assisted Balotelli, clearly not that useless.

In the few games he's featured for us, in nearly all of those games he has blocked a shot on target for Liverpool because he's too busy running around like a moron (check it if you don't believe me).

It's clear you hate him, and even if he scored 50 goals for us, you would probably say the same thing.

I'll be honest, I've been on this forum for 4 years, and you are the only person I've come across that has so much hate for one of our players. Seriously, I read a lot of dislikes, from Adam, Downing, Carroll etc, but your post just seems to be hate, hate and more hate :( I think you need to calm down.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1952: Jun 09, 2015 10:04:45 pm
      First things first, the quoting me from before. I asked if you played football because a) I didn't remember that you said you did, apologies. And b) because unlike you when you talked about a nuanced piece of play in a split second I was asking because your understanding of what obvious things are, things I teach to my 10 year old squad like pressing, work rate and movement is so poorly judged with Borini.

Wasn't he offered more wages if he left? + would he not have gotten a signing on fee?

No he demanded more to move, at least 80k per week (20k wage rise) he rejected all other offered lower than 80k. Doesn't matter if he was offered more than 60k (which it of itself is silly) he still held out for more and claimed he wanted to fight for a place, knowing full well he was going to get to sit on his arse for a year and rake the easy money in.

Re-watch the Sunderland game, vs Real, when he came on vs Villa and the game he assisted Balotelli, clearly not that useless.

You rewatched 4 games in the last hour since I posted....

It's clear you hate him, and even if he scored 50 goals for us, you would probably say the same thing.

No I'd admit I was an idiot and I was wrong just like some people should do when he's contributed 1 goal for us after they said he was going to be good.

I'll be honest, I've been on this forum for 4 years, and you are the only person I've come across that has so much hate for one of our players. Seriously, I read a lot of dislikes, from Adam, Downing, Carroll etc, but your post just seems to be hate, hate and more hate :( I think you need to calm down.

Well mate I've been here 8 years and in case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of like this. I'm not 'mad' I'm assertive with my points and admittedly use hyperbole to get them across a lot. I've shown focal support for players, to this day there is an article on Anfield Online called "Our Very Own Witch Hunt" from years ago when Lucas was being scapegoated by people who didn't know the basics of football and used as a target. I was the first to speak up, and the most vocal, anyone around here will tell you that. The exact same thing happened with Jordan Henderson, anyone who knew anything about football (again not nuances but BASIC things like positioning) could see that the lad was a centre midfield player... And yet the abuse I used to get for backing him, like Lucas, was crazy. Now the two are loved by all (mostly) because not only have they improved but they have grown in confidence as they won the fans over but never lost the fundamentals I was talking about in the months and years before universal acclaim. The opposite can be said for Robbie Keane whom I openly disagreed with coming into the club from the start because as an Irishman I knew he was not going to fit and also that he is radically overrated by most. I put a brave face on at first and welcomed him... But you want to talk about 'hate' Robbie Keane was someone I opposed to MUCH more than Borini, he just had the common sense and decency to recognise when he wasn't wanted or needed, Borini does not.

So here we are again. I was right about Lucas, I was right about Henderson, I was right about Keane and I'm right about Borini.

If you want to keep arguing you can... But ask yourself is it really worth it for a player who'll be playing Serie B football in 3 years?

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1953: Jun 09, 2015 10:10:06 pm
      F**k him off. He's sh*t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #1954: Jun 09, 2015 10:16:25 pm

Ok to slag off Borini but not Ings?

Quick Reply