Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Suarez interview ignites media frenzy

Read 19060 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Suarez interview ignites media frenzy
      Reply #184: Jul 20, 2012 08:23:26 pm
      It shouldn't but he should show common sense and realise its going to come back and hurt the club. It took one whole day for the scum to jump on the moral high ground and point down at us f***in up once again in the PR stakes.

Ha ha man utd and ferguson on the moral high ground. The most "bring the game into disripute" mother fookers the game has known
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #185: Jul 20, 2012 08:29:40 pm
      Ha ha man utd and ferguson on the moral high ground. The most "bring the game into disripute" mother fookers the game has known

Yes and Suarez enabled them to leap upon his comments and take the moral high ground in this situation.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #186: Jul 20, 2012 08:31:33 pm
      Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse.
       Every time Cato closed a speech, he uttered those words. History recorded his perseverance.

If I were Suarez, Id end up every interview whatever the subject, with "oh, and furthermore, IM INNOCENT " Every single time untill i die. Would you want history to remember you as a racist b***ard? Because whatever he does on the pitch, any piece of new on him WILL, and we can pretty much guarantee this, include references to this affair
      If he keeps going dont be surprised if the owners have will have enough and sell him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #187: Jul 20, 2012 08:35:13 pm

What good can be achieved from constantly pursuing it ?

Did you read what I said?  If asked, he should respond, but not pursue it at every turn, much as he has been doing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #188: Jul 20, 2012 08:37:38 pm
      I would rather not bring Hillsborough into this situation ok.

It is a totally different scenario.
      The spirit of the LFC community is the same scenario whatever the battle, there is no disrespect whatever in using Hillsborough as a standard in this situation.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #189: Jul 20, 2012 08:38:46 pm
      If he keeps going dont be surprised if the owners have will have enough and sell him.

Which would be more proof that they don't get us...

If he was sold then at least I know that I backed him during his time here for the right reasons...
      Not " ah well Luis I do kind of back you, but we can't win that fight so I won't be doing any actual backing"

Like I say George.. You back the club your way, I'll back it mine.

I'm not having a go at the way you want to do it.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #190: Jul 20, 2012 08:43:34 pm

Did you read what I said?  If asked, he should respond, but not pursue it at every turn, much as he has been doing.

My apologies
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #191: Jul 20, 2012 08:45:35 pm
      Just let it go, Luis. Next time someone asks, just say you wish it hadn't happened but you'd like to move forward and prove yourself.

The media will continue to hound him until he stops giving nibbles.
      The mancs won't let it go neither will every misinformed official who watches Luis like a F***ing hawk waiting for an opportunity, don't you think that situation needs addressing, Ferguson won't of course because it is the result he dreamt of.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #192: Jul 20, 2012 08:53:10 pm
      Ferguson brought it up and I would say the FA should bring charges against him.His comments are inflamatory and I for one would vent my spleen for 90 mins given the chance of a ticket for the UTD game.
      If you dont understand why we truly hate UTD then whats the point.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #193: Jul 20, 2012 09:06:48 pm
      Sad to see some LFC supporters urging our Luis to give it up / let it go / forget about it and move on.  He obviously can't because he's been badly wronged by the shitting FA and those manc wankers, and, even worse, let down by this club.  I can't imagine what damage and hurt it would cause a person to wrongly be branded a racist.  It must be unbearable.  He's said he was so upset that he cried over it.  No wonder he can't lie down and let it go.

This is what he can look forward to:

The mancs won't let it go neither will every misinformed official who watches Luis like a f**king hawk waiting for an opportunity, don't you think that situation needs addressing, Ferguson won't of course because it is the result he dreamt of.

Spot on stuey mate, and old baconface must be loving this, f**king gobs***e of a man.

Luis, YNWA.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #194: Jul 20, 2012 09:14:15 pm
      Ferguson had alreadt earmarked Luis for special treatment.He had already accused him of diving all over the place which given the players he has managed is quite amusing.
      Don't think for one moment that this mattewr is finished and the crowd at Anfield for the next UTD game will not be in any mood to let things go this I can guarantee.

Its amazing that people forget this.. Fergascum already made his intentions clear toward Suarez waaay before they hatched their sneaky plan..

One very pissed off falsely accused footballer finally gets to briefly explain (without slandering any individual by the way) how stressful the whole ordeal was and "he should just get on with it?"..

I personally don't think i'd ever be able to let that go.. Publicly label you something your not, then they chop off your tongue?..

Lets be real.. In humanistic terms, football (LFC) blatantly comes second to the overall emotion of being slaughtered like that..

I personally would moan for century's to anyone who wants to listen about my injustice..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #195: Jul 20, 2012 09:26:54 pm
      IMO, I don't think it's a bad thing at all that he said this in an interview because he is 100% bang on and it's what we all know, United do have the political power and when it comes to something like this they will always be deemed the victims and the ones who have a squad that do no wrong. They are a disgrace!

Imagine doing an interview of Suarez and Benitez together, christ they would make it more than clear United are always favored upon!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #196: Jul 20, 2012 09:49:42 pm
      I agree with the sentiment of what Luis said, but it just sounds like bitterness and paranoia to most people outside of Liverpool fans. Not everyone sees thing the way we see them, and why should they? Manure fans see things in the eyes of their club, so do Chelsea fans, so on and so forth. We all sit here and crow on about how stupid it was for Chelsea fans to boo Anton and Rio Ferdinand, yet we did the same to Evra (who to other viewers was a victim of racism just like Anton Ferdinand was to us).

I wish, for his benefit, he would just get on with it and let his world class feet do the talking. The best way to "get back" and "show Man U" is to beat them on the pitch. Score the goals you're capable of Luis. Repair your image there.

I know most folks on the board won't agree with me or will miss what I'm saying entirely (more likely), but perception isn't always reality. The only way for this to go away is for Luis to stop giving nips to reporters when they ask. I feel bad for him, I really do, but life is filled with injustices. 
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #197: Jul 20, 2012 10:07:32 pm
      Very good post and agree 100%
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #198: Jul 20, 2012 10:13:37 pm
      Best thing Suarez could do is score a hatrick against them then ay the end of the match run straight to Evra and offer him the matchball and his hand.

I'd actually piss my pants if that happened.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #199: Jul 20, 2012 11:07:17 pm
      Can't imagine what he has gone through in the last few months so I'm in no position to tell him to drop it and move on.

Unless the club and Luis have agreed not to talk about it then I really don't see the problem. He was completely broken by what happened (from the sounds of it) so if a few media interviews help him move on and get ready to hit the ground running next month then I'm all for it.

He spoke the truth anyway.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #200: Jul 20, 2012 11:43:13 pm
      Best thing Suarez could do is score a hatrick against them then ay the end of the match run straight to Evra and offer him the matchball and his hand.

I'd actually piss my pants if that happened.
      The day of the handshake i thought he should have grabbed Evra and hugged him , that would have been funny and showed them up for the cu*ts they are :)
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #201: Jul 20, 2012 11:50:30 pm
      I'm glad he never shook Evra's Hand. I remember saying it that day and i will continue saying it.

MONSTER | Luis Suarez | Liverpool FC

Watching the start of this vid just makes me want to thump Fergie.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #202: Jul 20, 2012 11:55:53 pm
      I'm glad he never shook Evra's Hand. I remember saying it that day and i will continue saying it.

MONSTER | Luis Suarez | Liverpool FC

Watching the start of this vid just makes me want to thump Fergie.
      But he was willing to shake his hand except for when he went to ,Evra"s hand was half out and half in.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #203: Jul 21, 2012 02:54:32 pm
      People are suggesting that he give in to UTD and the FA...really?.I dont think so.If your right your right end of story keeping quiet is not an option.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #204: Jul 21, 2012 03:18:15 pm
      I agree it's time to move on now. Nothing positive can be gained by constantly pursuing this. The FA aren't going to overturn what happened. For the sake of the player and the club we need to move on

Failing to protest about injustice because there's no point should be entirely what this great club isn't about! I feel Luis's pain and it also reinforces that there was one man and one man only at the club prepared to stick his chin out and take the blows for all of us. Sadly - he's not here anymore - pick up the mantle Luis and let's give it to the Mancs and corrupt FA.

PS - beer is 1€ pint in Tenerife just now so excuse me if I ramble!!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #205: Jul 21, 2012 05:37:43 pm
      How many LTs is a pint?
      In Uruguay, 1 LT of very good beer is around 3 to 3.5 US dollars. You are welcome to come here and get wasted.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #206: Jul 21, 2012 06:39:50 pm
      How many LTs is a pint?
      In Uruguay, 1 LT of very good beer is around 3 to 3.5 US dollars. You are welcome to come here and get wasted.
      i think a pint is 660cl 2/3 of a litre.As long as you pay the air fare we'll all buy the beers.

Quick Reply