Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

GOG (Good old games)

Read 4624 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      GOG (Good old games)
      Jul 21, 2012 03:09:51 pm
      My dad just intoduced me to a website called GOG, it has all kinds of old pc games from Commander Keen, Doom, duke nukem to Heroes of WWII, and some newer ones too,its a great site and the games are pretty cheap for the older ones as you would expect really, Just had to get myself Desperados 1 and 2. Played the first a few years back, so looking forward to playing it again, and the second can only be as good :)

http://www.gog.com/

Dont know if Iam allowed to post links, if not, please feel free to shout at me and remove it :)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: GOG (Good old games)
      Reply #1: Aug 21, 2012 10:47:53 pm
      Diablo II, Starcraft, and Age of Empires II are my all time favourites. Never liked Duke Nukem, Doom, or rise of the triad tipe of games.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2012 11:57:54 am
      Only played the first Diablo, couldnt really get into it, never played starcraft (sacralige i know :P) and I am a real big fan of the age of empires series, loved the fact they went that extra mile by giving you the history of pretty much everthing in the game, really enjoyed age of mytholigy (sp) playing as egypt was exellent :)
      Desperados 2 was aweful :( way to ruin a class game with dodgy effects and "3d" rubbish, I prefair stratagy games like C&C (my all time fav :) ) so i'll have to rummage through e-bay ect to find some classics, nothing against the newer ones, just my comp cant run the fancy new ones ;D, just found Axis & Allies for £2, gotta be worth a try especially for that price :)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #3: Sep 19, 2012 03:41:42 pm
      Gangster 2, one of the best pc games i have ever played. Think i might download this again, had hours of fun on this.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #4: Sep 20, 2012 02:31:25 am
      Anyone remembers the good Leisure Suit Larry Series?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 20, 2012 01:42:01 pm
      Anyone remembers the good Leisure Suit Larry Series?

I was told (way back when) that those games where abit, ermm.....naughty? :P

Never played em, got kids now so cant if they are ermmm.....naughty, just in case they get on em ;D.

Gangster 2, one of the best pc games i have ever played. Think i might download this again, had hours of fun on this.

Played the first one, thought it was great, might see if i can pick number 2 up on one of my many bargin hunts ;D.
      Axis & Allies was well worth the £2, bit easy but looks and plays well for its age :D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6: Sep 20, 2012 11:55:29 pm
      I was told (way back when) that those games where abit, ermm.....naughty? :P

Never played em, got kids now so cant if they are ermmm.....naughty, just in case they get on em ;D.

Well, "naughty" back then had a totally different meaning than today! I bet you would laugh your ass off ! The first ones had a kind of Benny Hills humor, but granted, the latest were more "audacious"
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2012 04:02:51 pm
      Well, "naughty" back then had a totally different meaning than today! I bet you would laugh your ass off ! The first ones had a kind of Benny Hills humor, but granted, the latest were more "audacious"
      I'll try and pick em up and give them a try, just hope the missus dont catch me ;D.

Picked it up this morning, playing it, its actually a decent game, stuck on a level at the min, but not in a "Arrrggggggg bloody game" more in a "phht" type of way, :P Enjoying it all the same, thanks for the tip. :D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2012 08:13:57 pm
      I'll try and pick em up and give them a try, just hope the missus dont catch me ;D.

Picked it up this morning, playing it, its actually a decent game, stuck on a level at the min, but not in a "Arrrggggggg bloody game" more in a "phht" type of way, :P Enjoying it all the same, thanks for the tip. :D
      Haha. most people make the mistake of using drivebys, best thing to do when you get a few gangsters is to fill all their muscle and group them together, you can wipe out large amounts using this.

What lvl are you on?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2012 01:07:14 pm
      It was lvl 7, I had to rescue the mayors son, or brother, just couldnt keep him safe, or get him back to my "safe house" in the end I kidnapped him and stuck him in the place he was first, so got it done in the end, :). I use drivebys quite alot, but only with the armoured cars, normal ones have a tendancy to blow up on me, love having a huge group of gangsters with full muscle all armed with rifles, cant afford tommy-guns just yet. but your right you can cut through hoards of baddies with them. on lvl 11 now, trying to keep preists happy while making money aint easy ;D.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2012 01:00:08 pm
      Now on lvl 14, and its really unfair, they got bullet proof cars everywhere my gangsters dont stand a chance, cant even buy them for myself!! tempted to find a cheat for this one. :P
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2012 10:48:16 pm
      http://www.zxspectrum.net/

Not sure about the good part, but they certainly qualify as old.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Sep 26, 2012 03:54:56 am
      Wow, I love the old fallout games, I don't know how many countless hours I spent playing Fallout 2 in my basement
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2012 07:20:17 pm
      Now on lvl 14, and its really unfair, they got bullet proof cars everywhere my gangsters dont stand a chance, cant even buy them for myself!! tempted to find a cheat for this one. :P
      Don't cheat, be stealthy and use the tactic i mentioned, when you get tommy guns you will destroy even armoured cars. If you see a car thats been abandoned, steel it, that way they can't use it again. Also, if you're having problems with armoured cars attacking your hood, try time it right so you can kill them when they get out to take over your business.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2012 10:40:01 pm
      Don't cheat, be stealthy and use the tactic i mentioned, when you get tommy guns you will destroy even armoured cars. If you see a car thats been abandoned, steel it, that way they can't use it again. Also, if you're having problems with armoured cars attacking your hood, try time it right so you can kill them when they get out to take over your business.

Finally got past the level, without cheating, but now stuck on the one after, the armoured cars a real pain, robbed a couple, but end up losing my gangsters+muscle then loads of my business trying to get them in the first place, running out of money everytime I play it, used a hitman for the first time and the price was stupid, and only just found out how to bribe the police, shame the only Gangster I have thats got the "perk" for bribing seems to die first all the bloody time ;D, I'll keep going and hopefully get it done, then I'll need another "old game" to pass my time with, but in all honesty I dont want it to end, its a really good game. challenging and fun, not much more to ask from a game imo. :)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2012 11:46:59 pm
      Finally got past the level, without cheating, but now stuck on the one after, the armoured cars a real pain, robbed a couple, but end up losing my gangsters+muscle then loads of my business trying to get them in the first place, running out of money everytime I play it, used a hitman for the first time and the price was stupid, and only just found out how to bribe the police, shame the only Gangster I have thats got the "perk" for bribing seems to die first all the bloody time ;D, I'll keep going and hopefully get it done, then I'll need another "old game" to pass my time with, but in all honesty I dont want it to end, its a really good game. challenging and fun, not much more to ask from a game imo. :)
      Yeah, i just tried to play Ganster 1, couldn't get into it even though its meant to be the better game, just not visually.

Have you played broken sword? Thats on gog, I've only played the 1st one about to give the 2nd one a whirl. Just got Siberia 1 & 2, same concept, point and click. Very challenging and head wrecking, but fun.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2012 10:47:32 am
      Jagged Alliance 2 is on there, IMHO one of the best games ever made.  Anyone else played it?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 28, 2012 12:15:53 am
      Because the last tip found me alittle gem, Decided to get Jagged Alliance 1, 2 plus 2 or 3 expansions, hopefully it'll be a good'en.
      Have you played broken sword? Thats on gog, I've only played the 1st one about to give the 2nd one a whirl. Just got Siberia 1 & 2, same concept, point and click. Very challenging and head wrecking, but fun.

Played them to death, seriously!!! loved them put I would love to get my hands on another copy of Indiana Jones and the fall of atlantis, maybe, somthing to do with atlantis, might not be that title, classic game. So much like monkey island its criminal :P. That also reminds me of Day Of The Tenticle and Full Throtle, again both classic games, but the last time I bought Full Throtle my pc refused to play it, to old, my god reminded of Sam&Max hit the road, funny game full of one liners and movie parodys. Lucas arts used to do the best point and clickers!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 28, 2012 06:01:18 pm
      Sadly Jagged Alliance was'nt the game I thought it might be, just wasted £14 on them all, the first one didnt want to play, and the 2nd did play but in my opinion was a bit poo, not my cup'o tea. on the plus side Getting quite far in gangsters 2, lvl 14 now, stuck on the lvl where you have to kidnap someone and deliver them to the FBI, harder than it sounds if you havent played it, I'll keep at it though, reallt want to hurt Conatantine now, the story made it so :P. anyone else with any good old games? will need somthing soon, I fear gangsters 2 is nearly done.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #19: Oct 10, 2012 04:41:58 pm
      Let's I suggest Commandos (Ammo Pack - Behind Enemy Line + Beyond The Call Of Duty) my all time favorite, great game really.

Anyway you must be a bit crazy guy to patient enough to complete this game, it's incredible hard and can frustrate at times but believe me it just great.

Still remember first time I play it on my first PC the Pentium MMX 166MHz 32MB of RAM, it's take me hundreds hours, often overnight, I play it because I have no other game to play, and at the time there is no Internet at my home. Once I complete it all normal ans hard level (with hundreds saves and loads :D) I just feel how a great I am :D, few months later then I read the PC Gamer magazine and just find some gamers from US and around the world complain about it's difficulties, and my friends no one complete this game if they no use of cheats.

I'm still play this series a bit but it's not run best in new high speed PC as the game always run so fast, so it's best suit who has the old one.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 15, 2012 05:00:59 pm
      Loved commandos (all of em) never did play em on hard, they were hard enough on medium, but hours of fun to had.

Dug threw my shed and got the Dawn of war series out ( i knew I had em someplace), I've resorted to playing games I've already played to death. But I do love them, I really want to play the second to continue the story but my pc would blow up if i tried em :P. also found age of empires 3, not sure if'll run on mine but its worth a try for £6. We shall see anyways :)

Quick Reply