Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

So who are we trying to loan ?

Read 8366 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: So who are we trying to loan ?
      Reply #69: Aug 06, 2012 10:46:15 am
      Ill be honest I'm not too comfortable with the idea, I have stated on many occasions that I feel it's a form of cheating, I said so last season regarding Adebayor, that top level players shouldn't be being loaned to other top level clubs.. Spurs can't afford his wages, hence why a permanent deal is dragging its feet, now if they can't afford his wages then they shouldn't get the benefit of him playing, he should take a cut or not go there..

The loan system in my mind should be as a tool to give younger talented players a place and system to develop..

So saying that I can't really want us to do it just because it benefits us... I've never liked it..

It's a principle issue for me nothing else and a view on the game. There are times and situations it can happen but as an example the Adebayor deal I found frankly discraceful.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #70: Aug 06, 2012 11:26:59 am
      Afellay open to offers
      Ibrahim Afellay's agent has confirmed that the Barcelona midfielder would consider a loan move away from the Nou Camp.

The 26-year-old has struggled to make an impact at the Spanish club since his switch from PSV Eindhoven in January 2011 because of injuries.

The winger missed most of last season with a serious cruciate ligament injury but has since returned to full fitness and joined up with the Dutch squad for their disappointing Euro 2012 campaign.

And, despite featuring in a number of pre-season friendly matches under new boss Tito Vilanova, Afellay could again find himself marginalised now the club's Spanish Euro 2012 players have returned from their holidays.

"Afellay could go out on loan for a year," his representative Rob Jansen told Italian reporters over the weekend. "Yes, that is a possibility."

The comments are likely to spark a frantic race across Europe for his signature with Serie A clubs Inter Milan, Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina, as well as Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund and French club Lille all reportedly interested in the talented winger.

Premier League duo Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Afellay in the past.
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7967988/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Aug 06, 2012 11:31:18 am
      Would not say no to Affellay on loan
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #72: Aug 06, 2012 11:33:25 am
      Would not say no to Affellay on loan

Would you prefer him permanently Bri out of interest?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #73: Aug 06, 2012 11:42:49 am
      As BR said the loan will be from foreign clubs. I think that afellay or sahin are available.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #74: Aug 06, 2012 11:43:05 am
      Would you prefer him permanently Bri out of interest?

Best deal would be a loan with an option to buy. That way we could judge if he's going to perform in the premier league on a regular basis
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #75: Aug 06, 2012 11:45:39 am
      Best deal would be a loan with an option to buy. That way we could judge if he's going to perform in the premier league on a regular basis

Fair enough mate, I personally don't like it as a concept... But have no issue with anyone who does lad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #76: Aug 06, 2012 11:52:39 am
      Fair enough mate, I personally don't like it as a concept... But have no issue with anyone who does lad.

In general it wouldnt be how Id do buisness but there are some players out there who for whatevr the reason arent playing regular with there clubs but have undoubted talent. So in that circumstance rather then fork out money and them to fail Id go for the loan option.

Affelay and Quaresmra would fall in to that bracket for me. Also we must consider, how much do we really have to spend?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #77: Aug 06, 2012 12:02:51 pm
      Quaresmra

Big massive no from me - he has failed to live up to any hype since day one
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #78: Aug 06, 2012 12:05:44 pm
      The one reason or another tends to be the top sides just buying for either stock piling talent, taking punts on young talent who in the grand sceme of things won't get in their sides or buying to stop their rivals getting them..

I personally feel the loan market is being abused nowadays, that it should be for young kids at top sides who have come through their ranks to go out to sides lower down the pyramid to gain experience in a first team to develop.. Not how it's being used now..

Take City for example, buy all these players on silly wages then sign more players with the first lot still there never getting a game.. In my opinion they shouldn't be able to loan them out, they shouldn't be able to have all these players on their books and take loaning as an easy way out.. It's another aspect of killing the game.. If they were only buying players who they realistically wanted then it would stop the likes of Barca buying an Affelay when they didn't really need him. I know he had an injury but in realistic terms I don't think many saw him being a regular there long term? So why buy him? Why be allowed to buy him? The 25 man squad thing should be enforced better.

City should have their hands tied in the market until all these players they don't "need" anymore are moved on permanently or released.. And if that cost them a fortune and affects them regarding FFP then so be it ( if that's ever enforced) it would make them think twice about who they bring in.

I have high standards for us and don't feel that because everyone else does then we should ..

I like to get an emotional attachment for players and believe that they are here for the want to be here and sign a contract to prove that.. Not be here for a year because they can't get a game where they would rather be..
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #79: Aug 06, 2012 01:51:20 pm
      Afellay or Callejon are my guess.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #80: Aug 06, 2012 02:48:25 pm
      Afellay and kaka i reckon
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #81: Aug 06, 2012 03:04:55 pm
      Quaresmra

Big massive no from me - he has failed to live up to any hype since day one

Quersama on loan doesnt sound too bad to me, its not like we are talking of signing him.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #82: Aug 06, 2012 03:46:55 pm
      think man city will be loaning a few players out would take aj never gets a game and adabyor dont think he wants to goto spuds,maybe even include in dagger deal if he goes 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #83: Aug 06, 2012 03:47:33 pm
      Beckham and Henry.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #84: Aug 06, 2012 03:56:50 pm

John W would be a free wouldn't he? He isn't attached to a club at the minute so wouldn't be classed as a "loan"

Where does he play anyway?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #85: Aug 06, 2012 04:46:24 pm
      Jesus christ is Quaresma so hard to spell?? :P
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #86: Aug 06, 2012 04:47:49 pm
      Jesus christ is Quaresma so hard to spell?? :P

Some get there and their round their necks so I'll go with yes..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Aug 06, 2012 04:54:13 pm
      Quaresma has being sh*te for about five years
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #88: Aug 06, 2012 04:57:27 pm
      Quaresma has being sh*te for about five years

Most of his career then
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #89: Aug 06, 2012 05:16:50 pm
      Quaresma is far too egotistical and selfish to fit into a Rodgers system. Sure he's very quick, he's an exceptional dribbler, and actually a quality crosser (even though he rarely does it), but his decision making is terrible and he's a massive showing as well. There are many better options out there than Quaresma.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #90: Aug 06, 2012 09:45:15 pm
      The only ones I can think of for sure would be Sahin and Affelay, both would be good additions to the squad but we are looking for stability and building a squad for the long term so unless they will have an agreed fee we could find ourselves back at square 1 this time next year.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #91: Aug 06, 2012 11:43:16 pm
      Nuri Shain I think/hope.

Hopefully not Graham or Britton  >:(

JFT96

Quick Reply