Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)

Read 78232 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)
      Aug 07, 2012 10:24:54 am
      Liverpool could pip Spurs to Sahin as Rodgers' relationship with Mourinho may help seal loan deal for Madrid midfielder

Liverpool have joined the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin.
      And Brendan Rodgers’ close relationship with Jose Mourinho could give the Anfield club an edge over Arsenal and Tottenham in negotiations.
      Spanish newspaper Marca says Liverpool want to take the Turkey international on a season-long loan, which could suit all parties.

Sahin showed reluctance to join Spurs when Andre Villas-Boas wanted him as part of a proposed deal to sell Luka Modric to the Spanish champions.
      It had been claimed that Arsenal were favourites to sign him in recent days, but Mourinho could convince the 23-year-old that a year with Rodgers would benefit his development.
      Rodgers impressed the Portguese at Chelsea, where he worked as the youth team manager from 2004 before being promoted to look after the reserves in 2006.
      Sahin struggled to make an impact at the Bernabeu after signing from Borussia Dortmund for £8million last year and the former Chelsea boss says he is prepared to let him leave.
      He made just four league appearances - 10 in all competitions - and has asked for more first-team football.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179841/Nuri-Sahin-join-Liverpool-instead-Tottenham.html

At last some good news. I know it's Daily Fail but they're taking it directly from Marca, whose Journos are close to Real Madrid apparently. Would be absolutely delighted if we could get him and I prefer him over Allen even if it's just a season-long loan. It would also give Shelvey time to develop and he could be the man replacing Sahin next season.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Aug 07, 2012 10:27:13 am
      I wouldn't want a loan deal unless there's a clause to buy.

I've not really watched Madrid a great deal in recent seasons, and I've only seen Sahin play once, maybe twice, so can't comment on the player.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 07, 2012 10:31:25 am
      I wouldn't want a loan deal unless there's a clause to buy.

I've not really watched Madrid a great deal in recent seasons, and I've only seen Sahin play once, maybe twice, so can't comment on the player.
      Apparently Madrid want a loan deal or a transfer with reasonable buy-back clause. Marca also stating we are currently experiencing ‘tricky times financially'.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Aug 07, 2012 01:31:51 pm
      Make. It. Happen.

Or at least just show the intent to try and bring in a quality player.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #4: Aug 07, 2012 01:35:05 pm
      I think that we are after Sahin on loan so that maybe we get Allen next season when Swansea are perhaps more willing to come down on their asking price? I'd much rather get Sahin permanently though.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 07, 2012 01:38:57 pm
      think this lad will end up at arsenal, but you never know prob just wants to play after the few year he had
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Aug 07, 2012 05:45:37 pm
      Apparently Madrid want a loan deal or a transfer with reasonable buy-back clause. Marca also stating we are currently experiencing ‘tricky times financially'.

Not sure how Marca would know what our finances are like, think they are just saying that because we aren't signing anyone at the moment to be honest.

As for Sahin, I can't see him joining, we have been linked to god knows how many players this summer and nothing has come of any of them other than Borini so IMO I can't see anything coming of this either.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 07, 2012 06:25:01 pm
      Not sure how Marca would know what our finances are like, think they are just saying that because we aren't signing anyone at the moment to be honest.

As for Sahin, I can't see him joining, we have been linked to god knows how many players this summer and nothing has come of any of them other than Borini so IMO I can't see anything coming of this either.
      The first bit is a real possibility. I believe the second one though, as I said their journos are very close to Madrid and Brendan just said he's looking at getting on loan 1 or 2 quality players from abroad.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #8: Aug 07, 2012 07:01:35 pm
      I like the player a lot.  Was great at Dortmund.  This could be a good bit of business IMO.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Aug 07, 2012 07:30:41 pm
      Wanted him here very badly last season. Was gutted when he went to Madrid, but I thought the Sahin/Alonso combo would have been epic for them. Khedira, as fantastic as he is, came on even more. Would LOVE to sign Sahin, on loan or outright. He's fantastic. He'd play the link role between Lucas and whoever is the AM well, and would also slide right in to Lucas' spot no problem if Lucas were hurt.
      riedle13
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 07, 2012 07:38:30 pm
      I'd eat my shorts if we could sign him on loan or a permanent deal...He was almost outstanding during his last season in Dortmund - just enjoy his two goals vs. Bayern

Sahin Traumtor gegen Bayern

Bayern München Borussia Dortmund 1:2 Sahin

:D
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #11: Aug 07, 2012 07:42:00 pm
      Ahh reminds me of a young Charlie Adam  :f_tongueincheek:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #12: Aug 07, 2012 07:43:34 pm
      Not sure who I'd prefer out of him or Allen, but if Laudrup is insisting that we shell out over 20 million for Allen, and we can get this fella for half the price (I'm not sure how much he'd cost but I've seen people saying he'd cost half of what Allen would) then I'd definitely like this fella. Always admired him at Dortmund and I was disappointed when he went to Madrid to disappear into their squad.

Loan with a view to buy would be an excellent deal. Or if not, just sign him up straight away.
      riedle13
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 07, 2012 07:49:13 pm
      Well, transfermarkt.de values him at 18 Million € - but I think Madrid would offload him for 12-15 Mio €....they only paid Dortmund 10 Million €...
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #14: Aug 07, 2012 07:52:08 pm
      Not sure who I'd prefer out of him or Allen...

Allen is a great player with a wonderful future.  But please.  Sahin is world-class, right now.  There's no comparison.  And one doesn't necessarily exclude the other.  I would love Allen here.  But if we want to make an immediate statement, we would bring in Sahin.  Allen can deputize coming off of the bench.  He can play in a deeper role as a holding player or as an all-around CM, so he would be key.  Shelvey is a cracking attacking player, so those two off the bench would have our midfield sorted.  We'll still need a new striker, and a winger.  But how does this look for a spine to our team this season?

Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas
      Sahin Gerrard
      Suarez     ?      ?

Bench: Doni, Allen, Shelvey, Suso, Coates, Kelly, Pacheco.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: Aug 07, 2012 07:53:17 pm
      Not sure who I'd prefer out of him or Allen

Need to watch Sahin play more, obviously.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #16: Aug 07, 2012 07:55:42 pm
      I'd absolutely love Sahin here, no question or doubt about it. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Cautiously optimistic here, but we've got to at least attempt to get him.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #17: Aug 07, 2012 08:19:38 pm

Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas
      Sahin Gerrard
      Suarez     ?      ?

Bench: Doni, Allen, Shelvey, Suso, Coates, Kelly, Pacheco.
      We'll throw Borini in the reserves shall we?  :roll:
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #18: Aug 07, 2012 08:25:17 pm
      We'll throw Borini in the reserves shall we?  :roll:
      Na, send him on loan   ;) :roll:
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #19: Aug 07, 2012 09:34:03 pm
      Never really seen this lad play but if the club can get in someone who is up to the job on a loan deal and it frees up some proper money for a right forward then i'm all for it.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Aug 07, 2012 09:35:57 pm
      Lucas Sahin
      Gerrard

Is cream-worthy.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 07, 2012 09:40:00 pm
      I haven't watched Sahin play before, but the responses are encouraging. A question for the people who have seen him play a bit, what is his main position?. With the Allen signing looking probable is it more likely that he would play as an inside forward/winger in a 4-3-3?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Aug 07, 2012 09:48:22 pm
      Wouldn't think he'd play that high up tbh, would love to see this in front of the back 5:

Lucas
              Gerrard Sahin
         Suarez Borini Ramirez

Quick Reply