Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)

Read 78342 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Aug 07, 2012 09:53:22 pm
      Tony Barret suggesting there is definite interest from us.

Class player.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 07, 2012 09:54:51 pm
      Wouldn't think he'd play that high up tbh, would love to see this in front of the back 5:

Lucas
              Gerrard Sahin
         Suarez Borini Ramirez
      If that's the case mate, think this might be possible, with Suarez and Gerrard given free roles to move inside.

Lucas

Sahin        Allen

Gerrard(?) Borini       Suarez
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #25: Aug 07, 2012 10:00:39 pm
      Great Player! I was very sad when he left Dortmund for Madrid! A pity that he never got a chance under JM. Was named Player of the season in Germany in  2010/11
      He is he little bit the typ of player like Alonso. Playing in a deeper role, playing some great long passes and can read the game well!

Hope we can bring him in!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Aug 07, 2012 10:00:53 pm
      Wouldn't think he'd play that high up tbh, would love to see this in front of the back 5:

Lucas
              Gerrard Sahin
         Suarez Borini Ramirez

I'd be very happy to see this as a front 5, especially if we kept all our back 5.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2012 10:08:38 pm
      We'll throw Borini in the reserves shall we?  :roll:

Oops, forgot about him.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  Guess we'll have to keep Suso off the bench for him.  Reluctantly.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2012 10:09:26 pm
      I haven't watched Sahin play before, but the responses are encouraging. A question for the people who have seen him play a bit, what is his main position?. With the Allen signing looking probable is it more likely that he would play as an inside forward/winger in a 4-3-3?

No, he's not a winger.  He's a central midfielder.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2012 10:13:19 pm
      Certainly looks like a cultured player who likes to spray the ball around with a sweet left foot.

Nuri Åžahin - The Pass Master Part 1

Nuri Sahin the passing machine 2012

But then our own Charlie Adam looks pretty good in this compilation so what do we know....

Charlie Adam passing compilation
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #30: Aug 08, 2012 06:44:43 am
      SAHIN

Now You're Talking.
      C,mon Brendan.........
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #31: Aug 08, 2012 07:57:25 am
      was the engine room of the Dortmond team 2 seasons ago, playing the Xabi Alonso role.
      Good player though questions about his mentality outside is comfort zone is still yet to be answered. but a good acquisition at least better than the names we are hearing at the moment
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Aug 08, 2012 10:03:13 am
      I'd absolutely love Sahin here, no question or doubt about it. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Cautiously optimistic here, but we've got to at least attempt to get him.
      I'll second that buddy.

Liked what I saw in that Dortmund side and would like him here even more.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Aug 08, 2012 10:50:20 am
      Would be a great signing, but I'm not convinced its likely, I think it would be a major mistake for him to go to Arsenal, he should go back to Dortmund.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #34: Aug 08, 2012 10:57:04 am

Lucas
              Gerrard Sahin
         Suarez Borini Ramirez

that line-up is mouth watering, if we end up with this line-up this season, then imo we would have done some great deals in transfer window
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #35: Aug 08, 2012 01:06:41 pm
      that line-up is mouth watering, if we end up with this line-up this season, then imo we would have done some great deals in transfer window

If arsenal are in for him, can't see him coming to us. Friendship with mourinho will not make any influence to sahin's decision.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36: Aug 08, 2012 01:16:35 pm
      If arsenal are in for him, can't see him coming to us. Friendship with mourinho will not make any influence to sahin's decision.

Don't talk bollocks. If he's under contract to Madrid, it's Madrid who ultimately decide where he goes on loan. Given Mourinho knows Brendan very well and respects him hugely as a coach, there's got to be a big chance that he'd send him to us rather than Arsenal. If he can be seen to be doing his mate (our manager) a favour, so much the better. Also, there is the Alsono/Arbeloa factor. Can you imagine how the conversation would go if Sahin said to either "I've got a chance to go to Liverpool but I'm unsure, what do you reckon?".

If nothing else we should be able to use the prospect of getting this fella in order to exert some leverage on Swansea re Joe Allen. If though our manager wants him, and if Mourinho wants him to get some first team action, I see no reason at all why he would end up at Arsenal.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: Aug 08, 2012 01:18:16 pm
      I have a feeling Sahin would pick a club in the CL if given the choice.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #38: Aug 08, 2012 01:18:57 pm
      Can you imagine how the conversation would go if Sahin said to either "I've got a chance to go to Liverpool but I'm unsure, what do you reckon?".

"The tax is a bit harsh and the owners haven't got a F***ing clue what they're doing old bean, go to Arsenal!!"
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #39: Aug 08, 2012 01:22:54 pm
      I have a feeling Sahin would pick a club in the CL if given the choice.

So would I, but I also have a felling that Madrid would prefer him to go to a club NOT in the CL incase they have to recall him sharpish.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #40: Aug 08, 2012 01:25:34 pm

So would I, but I also have a felling that Madrid would prefer him to go to a club NOT in the CL incase they have to recall him sharpish.

I'm sure Madrid have enough cover.

I can't see him coming to us.

Think it's lazy journos putting 2 and 2 together after we said we might loan some players and Sahin is available
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #41: Aug 08, 2012 01:35:57 pm
      I'm sure Madrid have enough cover.

I can't see him coming to us.

Think it's lazy journos putting 2 and 2 together after we said we might loan some players and Sahin is available

You might be right mate. I've no idea who he is in fairness, but given Arsenal have just signed a midfielder and have Wilshire to come back, I cannot imagine why he'd go there instead of us (except for the Champions League point obviously).
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #42: Aug 08, 2012 01:39:17 pm

You might be right mate. I've no idea who he is in fairness, but given Arsenal have just signed a midfielder and have Wilshire to come back, I cannot imagine why he'd go there instead of us (except for the Champions League point obviously).

Expecting Song to leave to Barce Mick.

Wilshire is out for another couple months yet and they signed a wide player. Sahin would be perfect for their middle
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #43: Aug 08, 2012 02:55:59 pm
      Don't talk bollocks. If he's under contract to Madrid, it's Madrid who ultimately decide where he goes on loan. Given Mourinho knows Brendan very well and respects him hugely as a coach, there's got to be a big chance that he'd send him to us rather than Arsenal. If he can be seen to be doing his mate (our manager) a favour, so much the better. Also, there is the Alsono/Arbeloa factor. Can you imagine how the conversation would go if Sahin said to either "I've got a chance to go to Liverpool but I'm unsure, what do you reckon?".

If nothing else we should be able to use the prospect of getting this fella in order to exert some leverage on Swansea re Joe Allen. If though our manager wants him, and if Mourinho wants him to get some first team action, I see no reason at all why he would end up at Arsenal.

Mourinho told he(sahin) can leave. It is upto him whether to stay there leave. If he is a young player who is sending out on loan to gain experience , then it may happen ,that mourinho can decide where he should. But here that is not the case. He is not needed there.

CL may tempt him to pick arsenal over us.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Aug 08, 2012 02:56:07 pm
      He should have been the signing to replace Alonso in the first place. Great talent, wants games. Should really make the effort to sign him and to be honest, I'd rather have him over Allen. Just excites me more. And no, that is not because his name sounds foreign either  :roll:
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #45: Aug 08, 2012 02:58:16 pm
      Spurs pipped us to Sigurdsson Arsenal have bought Cazorla. If we beat both of them to Sahin I'll be over the moon.

Quick Reply