Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 3:0 FC Gomel In game & Post Match Tiki-taka.

Read 28440 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool 3:0 FC Gomel In game & Post Match Tiki-taka.
      Reply #368: Aug 09, 2012 10:47:22 pm
      Ok so missed the game painted one cosworth and now I've got lads from the rs owners club banging my door down for work, can some one give me a quick run down ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #369: Aug 09, 2012 10:48:24 pm
      Like I said Saint if it does happen that way and for that reason then I have lost a lot of respect for the manager.

Fair enough mate, TBH I am more interested in celebrating a great team performance than worrying about things outside my control tonight.

I may be easily pleased but I thought we were excellent tonight, absolutely made up after the shambles last week. Suarez was better than I remembered, Gerrard looked fit and Lucas is back. Great night. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #370: Aug 09, 2012 10:52:27 pm
       Top notch, (this is me me getting into the spirit of Tika Taka with tiny little contributions). The Mrs prolly thinks I'm a natch who has been doing it all along anyway.   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #371: Aug 09, 2012 10:52:59 pm
      Ok so missed the game painted one cosworth and now I've got lads from the rs owners club banging my door down for work, can some one give me a quick run down ?

Quality performance by everyone. Suarez and Stevie terrorized their backline. Cracking strikes by Borini and Glen. Even Downing was hustling ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #372: Aug 09, 2012 10:53:56 pm
       Suarez was absolutely different class.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #373: Aug 09, 2012 10:56:40 pm
      The usual were great but if i was to pick one that i wasn't expecting to impressed, it was.............. Downing!  :o

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #374: Aug 09, 2012 10:57:16 pm
      Top notch, (this is me me getting into the spirit of Tika Taka with tiny little contributions). The Mrs prolly thinks I'm a natch who has been doing it all along anyway.   

:lmao:

PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #375: Aug 09, 2012 10:57:25 pm
      What a difference having Agger, Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez on the pitch all at once makes.

MOTM was Suarez by a mile, and that's saying something because there really wasn't a bad performance. Luis just has such a big impact in our attack. He makes everyone better.

I'm as confident as I've been all offseason and yes, it was Gomel, but it was the fundamentals, the ideas, the execution that made it so sweet.

So, with Allen all but in, and Dempsey still a possibility, I figure Allen takes Shelvey's place and Dempsey could challenge Downing for his?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #376: Aug 09, 2012 11:00:22 pm
      Just seen the goals. All very nice indeed. Suarez looked magical. Borini looked lively and Glen has a great left foot!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #377: Aug 09, 2012 11:07:01 pm
      Great win tonight! The movement of Borini is excellent, the pressing high up on the pitch was brilliant and my god, Luis Suarez. What a special, special player! Oh and what a strike by Glen. Very simple: more of the same please.

I think today was indicator of how Brendan wants us to play: Good movement up top, high pressing, smart passing. Good stuff all around.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #378: Aug 09, 2012 11:10:25 pm
      It may have been against a small team but that was a very good and efficient performance. Everyone was fighting for each other out there and played as a team. Gerrard and Suarez were just brilliant together, makes me think they could end up combining even better than what Gerrard did with Torres, Gerrard is for sure a much more of a threat when he is given that freedom to get forward and attack more.
      Shelvey done well alongside Lucas and kept things ticking but he showed a bit of his inexperience at times with a few wild challenges but he's young and is showing he isn't scared of going all out to get the ball back, especially once he has given it away, just needs to think a little more and he will go a long way!

The only negatives I can think of besides hitting the god damn post again (thought we'd seen the back of the woodwork after last season!). On a serious note though, Downing was largely ineffectual, it was obvious what he was going to do with the ball everytime he got it, by all means have him as a squad player to add a bit of depth to the team but no way is he good enough to be playing week in week out, we need to priorities getting in a replacement for him in the first team, especially if Bellamy leaves! The only other negative is Adam, I mean what the F**k?! Does he play with his boots on the wrong feet and his laces tied together?! When he came on the midfield lost it's shape and composure and started looking rushed; he dallied on the ball and got robbed, he passed it straight to them and just gave away fouls!

Vast improvement on last weeks performance and it's a 2nd clean sheet in a row which will give more confidence to the defence and Pepe.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #379: Aug 10, 2012 12:01:32 am
      Missed the whole game as i was at work and football, watching the whole thing now on LFCTV. Excited!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #380: Aug 10, 2012 12:17:18 am
      Woah woah wooooooooooooah

Oh and loving the knife between the teeth.

Borini
      Woah

Borini
      Woah

Would be boss ala Gypsy Kings.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #381: Aug 10, 2012 12:23:33 am
      Good price and a decent enough game.  Gomel are obviously a poor team but we treated them professionally and went about our work well.

Borini looked very keen and Agger, Skrtel and Lucas all looked comfortable.  Couple of poor decisions from Glen but he took his goal very well indeed.

Gerrard looked a bit off the pace - probably fitness, could be his ongoing niggles from last year.

Downing didn't do anything - fails to move when others are advancing with the ball - probably doesn't come over on TV but noticeable at the match.  Think he's had his fluke of the season already.

Plenty of kids in the crowd - good to see, especially with them generally being priced out of football.  Bit disappointed that some clowns wanted to sing songs about Chelsea having no history and Manchester being sh*t.  Would be embarrassing if we start singing songs about them clubs when we don't play them.

Apart from that - nice to be back at Anfield on a sunny summer evening!

(Feeling much better than after last weeks display!)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #382: Aug 10, 2012 12:30:25 am
      I thought Gerrard looked back to fitness (from what I saw on tv), I just think he still has a problem when it comes to shooting, you can see when he shapes to hit the ball that something is not quite right.

Did Agger give any indications of anything at the finish, I heard he threw his shirt in the crowd ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #383: Aug 10, 2012 12:31:16 am
      I thought Gerrard looked back to fitness (from what I saw on tv), I just think he still has a problem when it comes to shooting, you can see when he shapes to hit the ball that something is not quite right.

Did Agger give any indications of anything at the finish, I heard he threw his shirt in the crowd ?

Daniel just likes to show off his tats.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #384: Aug 10, 2012 12:32:56 am
      Yeah, he threw his shirt in. I didn't take that as a good sign. Hopefully I am wrong.  :-\
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #385: Aug 10, 2012 12:34:17 am
      Yeah, he threw his shirt in. I didn't take that as a good sign. Hopefully I am wrong.  :-\

Seems like something he does quite often though, more likely to see him shirtless after a match then going into the locker room fully clothed.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #386: Aug 10, 2012 01:06:50 am

Did the same thing at Wembley vs Everton.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #387: Aug 10, 2012 02:12:53 am
      Was at the game an atmosphere was very good! Good strikes from Borini and Jonno! All of the players looked pretty much upto premier league starting standard, was a little bit dissapointed not to see big Andy but hopefully get a good run out on sunday. Suarez looked immense, soo glad weve tied him up on another contract he is really something special! Was great when everyone was cheering for Agger, really hope he doesnt leave, him an Skrtel are just like a brick wall.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #388: Aug 10, 2012 02:19:44 am
      Good price and a decent enough game.  Gomel are obviously a poor team but we treated them professionally and went about our work well.

Borini looked very keen and Agger, Skrtel and Lucas all looked comfortable.  Couple of poor decisions from Glen but he took his goal very well indeed.

Gerrard looked a bit off the pace - probably fitness, could be his ongoing niggles from last year.

Downing didn't do anything - fails to move when others are advancing with the ball - probably doesn't come over on TV but noticeable at the match.  Think he's had his fluke of the season already.

Plenty of kids in the crowd - good to see, especially with them generally being priced out of football.  Bit disappointed that some clowns wanted to sing songs about Chelsea having no history and Manchester being sh*t.  Would be embarrassing if we start singing songs about them clubs when we don't play them.

Apart from that - nice to be back at Anfield on a sunny summer evening!

(Feeling much better than after last weeks display!)

Indeed. For me, Liverpool fans exist to support our own team and nothing else. We don't support Liverpool because we hate this team and that team. We support Liverpool FC because WE LOVE Liverpool FC!

We should always want to be defined in life by the things we loved and not the things we hated whether it is as individuals or as a society.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #389: Aug 10, 2012 04:03:17 am
      Downing impressed me although again there was only one player in the box when he crossed. but he was trying to make things happen. I'm not his fan but I give redit where it is due, he did well. We still need more "penetrating" players as BR says. Allen will soon sign and I hope we soon sign 2 AM/wingers, even more if we sell Bellamy.
      Great peformance! MOTM Suarez we need someone like him again plz :D
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #390: Aug 10, 2012 07:47:48 am
      Good to see the lads show the oppo up for what they were (which was poor) and a perfect dress rehearsal for the new season. I thought the lads looked fit, they worked hard and put in an excellent performance for the whole 90 minutes. The movement of the front was excellent and I'm excited to see Gerrard playing further forward if (as was the case last night) this is how BR wants to utilise him. Suarez was simply a one man wrecking crew and the early signs are there between him and Borini as they linked up well on a few occasions. His movement reminded me of Maxi and you can already see that he will offer a genuine goal threat from the laeft hand side. I thought that all of Rodgers principles were on show last night, we had 67% possession, the lads closed and pressed the ball for 90 mins and you saw Reina playing on the edge of his box and playing the sweeper role (albeit a but casually at times!). Biggest bonus was seeing how sharp Lucas is in such a short space of time, so composed and strong in the middle of the park. I actually felt that Shelvey (if anyone) was the only player who struggled last night but he still did ok. Was also impressed with Jonno who seems to have picked up where he left off after an excellent Euros for England.

Was also great to see Joe Allen in the stands!

Quick Reply