Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      53 (30.5%)
      Joe Allen
      65 (37.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      32 (18.4%)
      Somebody else
      24 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2012 04:57:05 pm

West Brom 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 72658 times
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Re: West Brom 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #1104: Aug 19, 2012 10:45:36 am
      Actually, I think you'll find most of us are.
      So on one hand we can't accept reality, then on the other, we've accepted mediocrity. Why don't you think before typing?
      Reina looked to back to his best, and Allen was very accomplished in midfield.
      Ok so let me get this straight, you criticise folk for not being in reality, then criticise folk for accepting mediocrity, then criticise folk for accepting this may take 3 months or longer for the Gaffer to get it right?

You really are funny :D And a WUM.

i did praise Reina. look up.

i found it amusing that you can still find something to be cheered about after that start. we'll see again next weekend.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #1105: Aug 19, 2012 10:46:01 am
      so i guess you were happy with being 18th and losing 3-0 to WBA.

Nobody is happy. Its just one bad game. It will take time to get things work out. Take last season, we lost 4-0 to spurs and arsenal lost what 8-2? . Then look where we both finished and the type of football we both played. I really believe BR will get things sorted out and we will start to win, may be after the next five games when things get a little lighter.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1106: Aug 19, 2012 10:48:11 am
      i did praise Reina. look up.

i found it amusing that you can still find something to be cheered about after that start. we'll see again next weekend.
      See people, this is what happens when kids are allowed the 'innernet' on their puters.

I suggest you read the posting guidelines and grow up. You come across as a very ignorant individual
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #1107: Aug 19, 2012 10:53:52 am
      See people, this is what happens when kids are allowed the 'innernet' on their puters.

I suggest you read the posting guidelines and grow up. You come across as a very ignorant individual

and you're making personal attacks. what's that says about you?

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #1108: Aug 19, 2012 10:58:14 am
      and you're making personal attacks. what's that says about you?

It says I've read some of your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are an ignorant individual.

When you stand in the middle of the village and start screaming nonsense - don't act all surprised when the villagers start throwing rotten food at you.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1109: Aug 19, 2012 10:58:59 am
      i'm just saying most of us are not getting used to reality. We're far from a top 5 team now and looked to have accept mediocrity (ok, we have BR and RB, which one excites you most?).

is there anyway to get excited about last night's 'performance'?

next week's match probably is going to heal us all for good (i do hope so), but waiting for 3 months to see 'that' performance under a new manager is .. just sad.

Their were positives in that game, Allen slotted straight in and had a good debut, Lucas looked like he was close to full match fitness, Reina seemed to be a step up from last season and up until the penalty, Agger & Skrtel looked comfortable. And whilst Kelly didn't have the best of games, on the few occasions he was covering inside, I thought he looked very comfortable.  And while his finishing was laclustre, Suarez butchered the WBA centre backs.

Yes, their were negatives, I discussed them as well earlier, but will recap them.  Cole, Downing & Gerrard were awful, Johnson was good going forward, but he got caught at the back a few times and Borini looks like what he his, a raw 21 year old, with promise and he could/should have scored. 

As well as that, we still finished the game with more possession and the same number of shots, despite being awful after the second penalty.

Positives and negatives, just some always seem to focus on the latter.
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #1110: Aug 19, 2012 11:02:20 am
      Their were positives in that game, Allen slotted straight in and had a good debut, Lucas looked like he was close to full match fitness, Reina seemed to be a step up from last season and up until the penalty, Agger & Skrtel looked comfortable. And whilst Kelly didn't have the best of games, on the few occasions he was covering inside, I thought he looked very comfortable.  And while his finishing was laclustre, Suarez butchered the WBA centre backs.

Yes, their were negatives, I discussed them as well earlier, but will recap them.  Cole, Downing & Gerrard were awful, Johnson was good going forward, but he got caught at the back a few times and Borini looks like what he his, a raw 21 year old, with promise and he could/should have scored. 

As well as that, we still finished the game with more possession and the same number of shots, despite being awful after the second penalty.

Positives and negatives, just some always seem to focus on the latter.

good points...

but the stats.. yeah. the only important stat is the Goals and we didn't score any and they scored 3.

don't want to cause any more trouble now. see you guys next week.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1111: Aug 19, 2012 11:04:58 am
      good points...

but the stats.. yeah. the only important stat is the Goals and we didn't score any and they scored 3.

don't want to cause any more trouble now. see you guys next week.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Why a week?  Surely they'll be other things you want to discuss about the team you support?
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #1112: Aug 19, 2012 11:07:47 am
      @ sivapc22
      I know it hurts to get hammered by WBA, but relax mate, its not as bad as it seems, its one game, there's plenty more to go.

We didn't keep the ball, passed poorly out of defense, tackled poorly and didn't get the ball back quickly enough. None of it was pretty to watch second half, but lets give the lads time to get it right. The first pen and third goal was a lack of pace i think. The Skirtel pen was very unlucky, he didn't even know he was behind him, went to kick the ball and there was his leg.

Maybe it was just Clarke that knew our players better than Brendon does, he said pre-match that he knew what to expect and set his tactics perfectly.

Anyway, we have a trip to Scotland and then 2 easy home games coming up....no worries. :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1113: Aug 19, 2012 11:09:26 am
      These fuckers only emerge when stuff goes tits up and with one game played they're jerking off as they type.
      Crawl back to your insignificance and stop wasting our F***ing time.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #1114: Aug 19, 2012 11:13:37 am
      I think this is the worst i have ever felt after a game. Been thinking about it all day.
      Hopefully we can bounce back next week and get into City then i would probably be on a high but as of now very hurt.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1115: Aug 19, 2012 11:28:07 am
       Re: Ban List
      « Reply #242 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
      sivapc

WUM and poor quality posts. Had received a previous ban for poor quality posting.
      « Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:34:23 AM by JD »

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2990.240.html

Knew I remembered this lad.
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #1116: Aug 19, 2012 11:30:25 am
      Why a week?  Surely they'll be other things you want to discuss about the team you support?

not much positives to talk about tbh. except the new signings (i like the new winger, although never seen him in action) and do hope we get Sahin.

and the midweek game.. hopefully everything goes well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1117: Aug 19, 2012 11:32:27 am
      'f***in unbeleivable' Jeff, Liverpool fans are f***in 'doomed', their club have been mullered by the baggies, Brendan is a sh*t manager, Gerrard is too old, Agger's got a touch like 'Julien Assaunge'(alledgedly), Skrtle's getting a bit trippy, where the F**k is Dirk when you need him?

i told ya they should have bought Gylfi, instead of that f***in welsh midget 'Allen', and what about Downing, ah,he's been unlucky Jeff, he tries the lad he really does, but he just doesn't have the players around him, you know the type Jeff, players who are on the same level, like when he was at 'boro', that's Downings forte,

ah well,never mind,it's only a game, maybe next week against 'Citeh' the real Liverpool will come out to play, yeah, get Adam back, next to Henderson, Spearing can sit in front of Carra & skrtle, Gerrard on the right,Borini left with Suarez & Carroll up front, and hopefully we'll only lose the odd goal,

back on topic...

just sick and f***in tired of supposed Liverpool supporters putting the f***in boot in when we have a bad day @ the office, FF'S game day f***in one and the doom mongers are out in force, when the boot polish has yet to dry,

we were not at our best granted but come on, what did you all expect, a f***in 0-6 thrashing and playing like Barca, give me a f***in break, first half we were decent without being totally convincing, we were in control, controlled possession, and strung together some decent moves, Gera's goal was against the run of play and from then on things went tits up for us,

i've had a look at Agger's red and tho it was minimal, contact existed, and although Dowd was yards away, i don't think he was left with much choice to be fair, had it been up the other end we would have been screaming for a red card to, Skrtle's pen on the other hand was  harsh, he never deliberately tripped the player, and should have been given the benefit of the doubt, but, ref's are not allowed to use common sense are they, an indirect free kick would have sufficed,

as for the rest of the game i thought Allen was superb, see his stats, for a first team debut, very good,Gerrard was not at the races, Borini,bit of stage fright maybe, Suarez always tried and never gave up, Downing was f***in woeful, again, don't want to see him against City, Johnson out of his position although conducted himself fairly well, and Kelly faired ok, Pepe didn't have alot to do really but what he did do he did well, overall i don't think we are that bad, we very obviously need more time to adapt and get things right,

the season is a marathon not a sprint, we have a tough few weeks coming up and however we come out of it, it's not the end, re-the gooners last season, they were miles behind early doors and look where they finished,

so all you f***in messengers of doom, neg-heads, whingers, moaners, no-marks and WUM's, go and play with your dolls or yerselves for a few months, and let the rest of us enjoy the re-building of this famous club and institution, we don't need ya, we don't f***in want ye, so F**k off and vent your bullshit elsewhere.   :mad:

IBWT        YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #1118: Aug 19, 2012 11:47:39 am
      Ok so after calming down after yesterdays abysmal result heres my summary of the match/BR's tactics.

Starting 11
      Reina: My MOTM - after loosing 3-0 and your keeper being MOTM, that definately states something about the performance.
      Kelly: Looked completely out of his depth. Was shoved off the ball too easily by their front 3.
      Agger: I thought was unlucky, it was definitely a small nudge but Long was looking for it all day. Should have kept his head a bit more and just allowed him to shoot, but hindsight's a blessing.
      Skrtel: I don't think he put in such a bad display all last season. As outlined on MOTD, hes been really affected by this new "play it out form the back" style which surprised me as hes not normally a culprit for hoofing it. Needs to adapt quickly or just be allowed to do what he does best, especially with the next few games coming up.
      Johnson: Played well, especially as not his strongest position, along with Pepe one of our better players on the pitch. Pushed forward and added another option.
      Lucas: I thought did ok in the first half. Was very very surprised he was subbed when we were down to 10 and a goal (or 2 - cant remember) behind, and personally think that decision meant the emphatic scoreline.
      Allen: I'm surprised while writing this hes got 35.9% of the votes as best player. I thought he was average at best, did what he was put in the team for ok (spread the ball from flank to flank), however looked weak in challenges and got pretty much drubbed against Mulumbu and Morrison in the middle of the pitch.
      Gerrard: Looked exceptionally poor. No tracking back and just didn't look up for a game at all. With a 3 man midfield, we need everyone to be bombing round the pitch and pressing/getting the ball back, with a lethargic Gerrard it left way too much work to do for Allen and Lucas.
      Borini: Poor game by his standards, was wasteful with the ball in the first half and seemed out of the game for long periods of time. Has good movement though and i think will prove his worth over the coming season. As with the whole team, a bad day at the office.
      Downing: I'm not his biggest fan, but to be honest Downing did have a good game while he was on. He got balls in the box and seemed a bit livelier than all his team mates. When he went off for Carra so did our chances of a comeback with nooone else providing the options down the flanks.
      Suarez: He is magical to watch, but by god he needs to be more clinical. I wish the coaches would just give him 100 footballs and put him in front of a goal all week. Hes not going to loose his flare by being out of action training with the others for a week but might start picking his spots when free in the box in competitive games.

Subs
      Carra: I was very concerned when he came on with the amount of space we were leaving at the back. I don't think BR's style is going to suit Carra, after a great performance against Gomel/Leverkusen? - cant remember, yesterday was a bit of a letdown.
      Cole: And hes injured again...
      Carroll: This will cause BR a headache. We looked a lot more threatening in the second half when he came on. I feel bad for Carroll, he obviously has got something, it just limits the style of football you can play. A real conundrum, but back on topic a great performance when he came on (well maybe greats an overstatement bu alot better than most of this teammates).

Officials and Managers
      Phil Dowd: What a f**king c**t. Yes the penalties were penalties in the "eyes of the law", but they were blood soft and Long was a diving little pr**k who played the law well. What pissed me off the most about Dowd was his inconsistency. We'd received 3 yellow cards and a red by the time he booked one of theirs. We also should have got a pen when Kelly was dragged down in the box but he decided to blow the other way. What will be will be, he has a history of f**king us, so we shouldnt have been surprised.
      Brendan Rodgers: I'm a big believer that he will get it right if given enough time, but he got it wrong yesterday. We looked in chaos when going down to 10 and subbing Lucas off completely confused me. We we're lucky for the scoreline to be 3-0, they had enough chances to give us a real hammering in the second half. I hope the team takes it on the chin, and moves on quickly, or we'll continue to be in the relegation zone after 5 matches.
      Steve Clark: Well done in your first competitive match as manager. Really deserved the win and looks like has a strong side with some depth. Congratulations and wish you the best for this season.

Summary: Its going to be a long old season.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #1119: Aug 19, 2012 11:48:54 am
      Well said billy.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #1120: Aug 19, 2012 11:56:41 am
      Through it all, I can't help but feel happy for Clarke.
      Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Reply #1121: Aug 19, 2012 12:03:08 pm
      real frustrating day   was so looking forward to the game. same old disappointments.at end of game shut tv off and tried to divert attention with kids. but after 15 mins started thinking abt the next game and whether hearts' game is live on telly.. cant help it   YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1122: Aug 19, 2012 12:11:24 pm
      Wake up this morning and still find it hard to believe we lost 3 nil.

But I wont be going slitting my wrists yet. After all we have 37 games to play. As things stand were a point off Arsenal. Level with Spurs. 3 of Newcastle. And potentially by tomorrow 3 behind City Chelsea and utd.

Hardly worth giving up on things already now is there!!

Likewise if we won our next 2 there'd be no point thinking we've won the league would there!

Lets give the lads a dozen games to settle in under the new manager and indeed give  the manager a dozen games to get his tactics and beliefs across to the lads and see how it goes from there   
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1123: Aug 19, 2012 12:14:11 pm
      Not about money, do you think the guys you mentioned would like to join here? Look at sig,sahin situation. If we start to bid and make negotiations with the player, a big club in CL will come and hijack him. Or another club will offer him more wages or show more ambition than us.

I dont know but none of those mentioned are at bigger clubs than us at the moment, they are currently earning less than what we could offer and they all want a new challenge.

Surely we can sell them on the project and we're playing the type of football they all want.

Theres not many others in for them either, dont see why we couldnt at least try if thats what brendan wants
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1124: Aug 19, 2012 12:26:59 pm
      Same old Liverpool.

Plenty of chances but failure to take them, some extremely easy chances as well. Now I thought the answer to those same problems last year was meant to be eradicated by Fabio Borini yet we throw our 10 million pound forward out on the left wing. Not a decision I'd of taken.

From top to bottom though it was shocking to say the least.

It says a lot that you concede three goals and your keeper is still in the running for man of the match. And to be fair, the saves Pepe did make were of good quality.

Kelly probably had his worst Premiership game to date. Looked very rusty and was making basic mistakes.

Skrtel was shocking and given the way he played against Gomel (first leg especially) then it makes me seriously wonder if last season was a fluke.

Agger, I thought was playing well until the red card which was he was obviously going to do as soon as I seen him running. He was running towards him with the intention of pushing him. I'd rather he slid and tried to win the ball.

Carragher looked totally past it.

Johnson, I thought was decent defensively and always gave us an outlet going forward. Great cross for Suarez who missed a sitter and though the ball did go out (in my opinion) he still found Borini who curled it wide.

I don't know if I was watching a different game or people are just saying he did well because it was his debut but I didn't see anything spectacular from Allen. Looks like he'll keep the ball but also looks like he's going to be another of these central midfielders who doesn't cross the halfway line and give us an attacking option. Hopefully he'll gain in confidence as the season wares on.

Lucas was terrible, like Kelly was making basic mistakes.

Gerrard was awful. I was reading the pink ECHO before the match in the boozer and Gerrard was talking about fire in his belly, sorry Skipper but I didn't see it yesterday.

Downing seems to start brightly then drift out of the game rather than grow into the game. Looked sharp, I thought, early on then come then the next time I saw him was when he was coming off for Cole.

Cole, past it and was never great in his prime. Sell the crock.

Borini was non existent if I'm honest but he's being played out of position. Never heard that with Liverpool forwards before have you?

Suarez firstly has to take chances, especially the easy ones and secondly has to cut the antics out that are going to get him in more trouble than it is going to benefit us.

Carroll looked pissed off and aggressive but I don't think he channeled it well. Was happy to see his gob that dirty tw*t Olson though.

Overall it was a shocking display. We can bemoan decisions as Olson could easily of been sent off two or three times. But truth is, we didn't take the chances we did create and looked to self destruct once Agger went. With all the optimism that surrounds the opening day, it was a total let down.

But we'll come back stronger, and shut all those F***ing bitter cu*ts up who've done nothing but wind me up since the moment Gera scored that screamer. Had a house party in me mates last night and it was full of bitter (and not just my cans of John Smith's). Got into a couple of good arguments, which I won :). But it still hurts to see them laughing at us because we got twatted by the Baggies.

So knock a few past City, follow that up with three points against Arsenal and the season doesn't look too bad a start.

Come on Reds.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1125: Aug 19, 2012 12:31:03 pm
      Nearly 24 hours after the first game
        reflecting on the shock defeat
        can't understand all this moaning on BR, it was his 1st game of the league( maybe some mistakes were done, yes
       but a bad day WILL happen to all teams in the premiere, be sure of that
       apart from that  we played against a very organized team (credit to them)by a manager who knows all about most  of our players (its not an excuse I know) and in my opinion were better than us in midfield
       Our passing was awful at times  I think we missed Johnson on the right and enrique on the left
       borini  was not good as he was in the EL game, But who was
       Just hoping this is a one of, or one  of a very few
       All in All  we need to stand behind the manager and players, critisize when needed -YES, but not to the limits some posters are already posting
       YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1126: Aug 19, 2012 12:31:51 pm
      Just looking at it again there. Second penalty seems ridiculous to me. Skrtel is not even aware Long is there so how is he fouling him?

Quick Reply