Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      53 (30.5%)
      Joe Allen
      65 (37.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      32 (18.4%)
      Somebody else
      24 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2012 04:57:05 pm

West Brom 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 72062 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Re: West Brom 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #1127: Aug 19, 2012 12:32:24 pm
      i did praise Reina. look up.

i found it amusing that you can still find something to be cheered about after that start. we'll see again next weekend.

Well I'll be there getting behind the team, how about yourself, reckon it'll be at least five minutes in before you're cutting yourself.

Grow the F**k up eh? Crying and F***ing whinging, some are you on here are starting to sound as bad as the F***ing blueshite, turn it F***ing in!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #1128: Aug 19, 2012 12:36:22 pm
      Just looking at it again there. Second penalty seems ridiculous to me. Skrtel is not even aware Long is there so how is he fouling him?

Because Long sneaks the ball away and Skrtel catches him. It was a foul and penalty for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1129: Aug 19, 2012 12:40:14 pm
      Because Long sneaks the ball away and Skrtel catches him. It was a foul and penalty for me.

Still think the little c**t fell over before Skrtel even touched him!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #1130: Aug 19, 2012 12:43:22 pm
      Still think the little c**t fell over before Skrtel even touched him!

Possibly mate but it shouldn't of got to that, Skrtel should of just twatted it away rather than trying to get it down and play football in his own box.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1131: Aug 19, 2012 12:48:26 pm
      Possibly mate but it shouldn't of got to that, Skrtel should of just twatted it away rather than trying to get it down and play football in his own box.

But that's the problem with this tiki-taka sh*te!! It's seems the old "If in doubt...." has been forgotten. Also possible the higher line we're playing defensively is also causing him a few problems.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,346 posts | 2868 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1132: Aug 19, 2012 12:52:26 pm

Yes but Skrtel isnt even aware he's there so therefore could not intentionally foul him Skrtel goes to play the ball stupid ruling
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #1133: Aug 19, 2012 12:53:55 pm
      But that's the problem with this tiki-taka sh*te!! It's seems the old "If in doubt...." has been forgotten. Also possible the higher line we're playing defensively is also causing him a few problems.
      Nothin wrong with the welly job if it gets you outa the sh*t.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #1134: Aug 19, 2012 12:56:47 pm

Tika-taka or not mate, a professional footballer should know to tw*t the ball out when he's defending his own box. There's a time and place for playing football, when you're under pressure from the opposition is not the time or place and Skrtel should of known that. It cost Agger a few years ago against Wigan when Zaki pinched the ball off him. And by that point in the game Skrtel should of known that Long wasn't given our centre halves any time on the ball.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #1135: Aug 19, 2012 12:59:28 pm
      Yes but Skrtel isnt even aware he's there so therefore could not intentionally foul him Skrtel goes to play the ball stupid ruling

Doesn't matter though mate, Long has pinched the ball off Skrtel and Skrtel has brought him down - intentionally or not, it's a foul.

And it's Skrtel's fault that he didn't know Long was there, he should of looked round him before trying to bring the ball down inside our own box.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1136: Aug 19, 2012 01:00:31 pm
      Tika-taka or not mate, a professional footballer should know to tw*t the ball out when he's defending his own box. There's a time and place for playing football, when you're under pressure from the opposition is not the time or place and Skrtel should of known that. It cost Agger a few years ago against Wigan when Zaki pinched the ball off him. And by that point in the game Skrtel should of known that Long wasn't given our centre halves any time on the ball.

Maybe post that to Brendan as it looks to be team orders judging by the start we made, even Carra in the couple of games he's played has hardly used a hoof yet.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #1137: Aug 19, 2012 01:02:36 pm
      kinda glad I missed the second half of this, thought we had some good movement in the first half and were unlucky (as usual) in front of goal, and more so to go behind by a wonder strike. could jump on the "Liverpool are falling apart" wagon, but it was the first game in a long, long season, Iam sure we'll come out all guns blazing against citeh, seems we always play better in games others say we should struggle in. As someone mentioned above, cant help but feel happy for Clarke, Big first game, and he seemed to get it right.
      Didnt watch MOTD so cant really comment on the 2 pens or any of the second half, but from what Aldo said on the wireless the second wasnt.
      Anyways looking forward to stuffing Hearts and Citeh :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #1138: Aug 19, 2012 01:04:36 pm
      Maybe post that to Brendan as it looks to be team orders judging by the start we made, even Carra in the couple of games he's played has hardly used a hoof yet.

I will do mate.

I'm all for playing out from the back when the time is right, the key is knowing when the time is right.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #1139: Aug 19, 2012 01:04:51 pm
      i did praise Reina. look up.

i found it amusing that you can still find something to be cheered about after that start. we'll see again next weekend.
      YOU will see again what you F***ing like, we will see the team that we love and support without exception, through good and bad in spite of shitheads like you with too much time on their hands.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1140: Aug 19, 2012 01:05:50 pm
      On the subject of Steve Clarke, anyone else think he's morphing into a young George Graham?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1141: Aug 19, 2012 01:08:58 pm
      Had Suarez been a litte more clinical it could have been a   different story thats what we lack an out and goalscorer
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #1142: Aug 19, 2012 01:15:00 pm
      Had Suarez been a litte more clinical it could have been a   different story thats what we lack an out and goalscorer

Still he scores for fun he play for his national side. Some one creative with him will show how clinical he is in front of the goal.
      Put him in city's oru united's squad, he ll score for fun, where he don't need to carry his team alone.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1143: Aug 19, 2012 01:27:07 pm
      Had a proper look at the penalty decisions now and and as much as I'd love us to get away with fouls on the technocality of not knowing that somebody is sneaking up behind you before you foul them, the Skrtel one was a pen. End of.

Agger's wasn't as it was outside the box. You can clearly see Agger's feet are not even in the area when the player is on his way down. Free kick and red but never a penalty.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1144: Aug 19, 2012 01:40:26 pm
      On the subject of Steve Clarke, anyone else think he's morphing into a young George Graham?

Haha! Love that!

Had Suarez been a litte more clinical it could have been a  different story thats what we lack an out and goalscorer

Simply very true in my opinion. We could have been one or two up in the first half and we didn't play too bad in the first half either.

A natural finisher up front yesterday and we would have won pretty easily I feel.

What I was astonished at though is the way we fell apart so drastically in the second half. Mentally we need to be stronger.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1145: Aug 19, 2012 01:45:16 pm
      Still he scores for fun he play for his national side. Some one creative with him will show how clinical he is in front of the goal.
      Put him in city's oru united's squad, he ll score for fun, where he don't need to carry his team alone.

Load of nonsense. Robbie Fowler and Michael owen carried us for years. You cannot seriously be saying that the fact that Suarez is our main hope of goals is causing him to miss chances galore! That is his job...to score goals and at the moment he is wasteful infront of goal.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1146: Aug 19, 2012 02:00:58 pm
      Relax, its just the first game of the season. Ill reserve my judgement untill we have played at least 4 or 5 games.  For now, shut up and back the team

Just one comment to those of you who think possesion is dominance. We had almost 70% possesion in this game, and lost 3-0 to a team that DOMINATED us while keeping the ball just 30% of the time. Dominance is control, and if your possesion is harmless, the other team is owning you by letting you have the ball...
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #1147: Aug 19, 2012 02:05:01 pm
      Load of nonsense. Robbie Fowler and Michael owen carried us for years. You cannot seriously be saying that the fact that Suarez is our main hope of goals is causing him to miss chances galore! That is his job...to score goals and at the moment he is wasteful infront of goal.

They had so many chances to score goals, i mean they didn't needed to create some thing out of nothing. Gerrard at his peak was some thing special. He is not even a shadow himself now. May be he plays better in a withdrawn role like he did for england. But we have allen now for that role. Hope BR will find some one who is creative or who can put the ball into net provided that player will join us.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1148: Aug 19, 2012 02:06:47 pm
      Relax, its just the first game of the season. Ill reserve my judgement untill we have played at least 4 or 5 games.  For now, shut up and back the team

I'm so glad you don't own the team.

Just one comment to those of you who think possesion is dominance. We had almost 70% possesion in this game
      We had 57%

and lost 3-0 to a team that DOMINATED us while keeping the ball just 30% of the time.
      43% of the time

Dominance is control, and if your possesion is harmless, the other team is owning you by letting you have the ball...

If you want to come across as someone who knows what they are talking about, you should at least get your facts right.

EDIT: For continuity.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012 02:38:34 pm by Rush »
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1149: Aug 19, 2012 02:06:53 pm
      But he has a point...Suarez scores everywhere BUT here...hence the problem must be...
      Personally i think its a mental problem

Quick Reply