Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Jay Spearing (Bolton)

Read 11574 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 421 posts | 21 
      Jay Spearing (Bolton)
      Aug 20, 2012 12:35:06 am
      Rumours that Spearo might be on his way to Bolton (on loan). I am not sure why on loan as there is really no way he can make the Liverpool team. I would personally prefer an outright sale. If true, good luck to Spearo. True servant of the club; although not the most gifted player, he always gave 100% each game he played.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190734/Bolton-want-Liverpool-midfielder-Jay-Spearing.html
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Jay Spearing (Bolton)
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2012 12:55:26 am
      he always gave 100% each game he played
      It's a rumour, but you write it like it's fact.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2012 03:32:37 am
      It is a rumour that he might be on his way to Bolton. It is I believe a fact that Spearo "gave 100%" whenever he put the liverbird jersey on. Do you disagree with the latter statement?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2012 10:34:52 am
      Lots of gossip on this loan deal.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2012 11:58:58 am
      Hmm should probable try our best to get this one done. Maybe lacking a DM backup by doing it but he's not gonna get barely any game time this season (barring Lucas injury (touch wood)). An a championship team would be ok for us.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2012 12:03:38 pm
      It's hard not to love the little man because he's always put in a good shift when asked and never bitched about not getting a game. I, personally don't ever see Jay being good enough to command a regular starting position though so would have no concerns about him going out on loan, even if it's with a view to a permanent move.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2012 04:52:25 pm
      Seeing a few rumours of him going to Bolton on twitte alright. Saw one for Notts Forrest too, for a 3million fee. Would be a good move for Spearing to go to Bolton. Would suit him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2012 07:22:09 pm
      Agree with both posts above.

Always tries his best, never complains and can down a bevvie or two with ease. Hard not to like him.

However he isn't up to standard. 3m would be a good fee IMO.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #8: Aug 20, 2012 07:45:22 pm
      If Spearing was not a Scouser, I would let him go. However, and I hate saying it, but because he is Scouse and gives his best when he plays, even though it isn't exactly great standard, I would happily keep him. Despite that, I would have him as back-up....that's all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Aug 20, 2012 11:30:48 pm
      He gives his all but in all honesty he just isn't good enough IMO, best for him and the club if he moves on.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #10: Aug 20, 2012 11:49:50 pm
      Shame he can't go further, even though it's not set in stone we all know he won't stay here.

I like the lad a lot and feel he should have got better praise for his performances last season stepping in for Lucas, so I would be asking for 4-5mil.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #11: Aug 20, 2012 11:55:56 pm
      It's all well and good for some saying we should let him go but Jay has and always will give his all. He's no Gerrard but he's got a good all round game in my opinion.

Let us not forget that Lucas is just coming back from a serious injury so if Jay was sold who would stand in for Lucas if he were to get injured again?.

As was mentioned earlier, he did a great job standing in for Lucas last Season. He isn't going to score 30 yard screamers but you need that man in the middle who does all the work that goes largely unnoticed.
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2012 07:40:08 am
      Not good enough for Liverpool. Looses possession too quickly!
      But if he and Adam are on their way out, i hope we get a midfielder or two in as well
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2012 07:47:09 am
      Not good enough. As much as he is a trier he is the kind of mediocre player LFC need to get shot off.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2012 09:47:47 pm
      It is a rumour that he might be on his way to Bolton. It is I believe a fact that Spearo "gave 100%" whenever he put the liverbird jersey on. Do you disagree with the latter statement?
      Well then you should have wrote " He gives 100% ".
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2012 10:47:06 pm
      Always tries his best, never complains and can down a bevvie or two with ease. Hard not to like him.

I wish those were the only criterion to being a pro. I'd have been world class in my youth :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #16: Aug 24, 2012 04:33:21 pm
      Spearing's £3m price tag
      Wanderers have been asked to stump up £3million by Liverpool for Jay Spearing.

After pursuing a loan deal for the midfielder since last week, the Whites have now been told to come up with hard cash as the Reds look to fund a move for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey.

Talks took place between the two clubs yesterday morning in an effort to come to a compromise before the weekend, with Wanderers understood to have offered £1.5m.

But as The Bolton News went to press last night no deal had been struck, and with Liverpool hoping that other clubs will get involved, an improved offer looks likely to be submitted today.

Owen Coyle is desperate to land a midfield ball-winner but is also tracking a number of other options ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline.

Spearing was selected in the Reds squad for last night’s Europa League game at Hearts but has been told he must find first team football elsewhere by manager Brendan Rogers.

The 23-year-old will now be sold along with team-mates Joe Cole and Charlie Adam to help bring US international Dempsey to Anfield for £7.5m.

Meanwhile, Swansea City completed a £6million deal for Celtic’s Korean international Ki Sung-Yueng, which should call time on their long-standing interest in Mark Davies.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9891377.Spearing_s___3m_price_tag/

No idea about the reliability of the Bolton News.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 24, 2012 06:03:57 pm
      Spearing's £3m price tag
      Wanderers have been asked to stump up £3million by Liverpool for Jay Spearing.

After pursuing a loan deal for the midfielder since last week, the Whites have now been told to come up with hard cash as the Reds look to fund a move for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey.

Talks took place between the two clubs yesterday morning in an effort to come to a compromise before the weekend, with Wanderers understood to have offered £1.5m.

But as The Bolton News went to press last night no deal had been struck, and with Liverpool hoping that other clubs will get involved, an improved offer looks likely to be submitted today.

Owen Coyle is desperate to land a midfield ball-winner but is also tracking a number of other options ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline.

Spearing was selected in the Reds squad for last night’s Europa League game at Hearts but has been told he must find first team football elsewhere by manager Brendan Rogers.

The 23-year-old will now be sold along with team-mates Joe Cole and Charlie Adam to help bring US international Dempsey to Anfield for £7.5m.

Meanwhile, Swansea City completed a £6million deal for Celtic’s Korean international Ki Sung-Yueng, which should call time on their long-standing interest in Mark Davies.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9891377.Spearing_s___3m_price_tag/

No idea about the reliability of the Bolton News.

Kuyt 1million Spearing 3million  :roll:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Aug 24, 2012 06:06:07 pm
      Kuyt had a clause in his contract hence the small fee
      harrydunn08

• 5,925 posts | 967 
      Reply #19: Aug 24, 2012 07:37:10 pm
      If it happens, it will be for around 2M.... possibly rising as high as 3M depending on appearances, accomplishments, etc. 

Honestly, I'd rather us send Adam out than Spearo.  Adam is a better player than Jay, but Jay offers a better defensive midfield option than Charlie and we already have plenty of attacking midfielders.  Also, Jay seems more likely to be satisfied with a bit part role at the club and he is likely on a much smaller wage packet.
      Don77

• 6,625 posts | 1116 
      Reply #20: Aug 24, 2012 07:44:10 pm
      As much as I like Jay i just don't feel he is good enough. We certainly need quality incase Lucas gets injured and if we cannot get anybody in before the deadline we may as well keep hold of Jay.

You know what you are going to get with him and thats 100%.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2012 03:16:18 pm
      Jay is Liverpool through and through, but unfortunately not good enough if we have ambitions of getting back to the top4 & beyond. Would be an excellent signing for Bolton.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2012 03:19:28 pm
      Love his attitude as he gives his all but he's a very average player and nowhere near good enough for us.

Quick Reply