Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mancs at it again

Read 38325 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #230: Sep 25, 2012 02:07:35 pm
      It's just typical of the Authorities, FA, EPL and Police.

They all talk about wanting to clean up the game but then when they are presented with the perfect opportunity to actually do something they don't.

With all the media coverage the game got before, during and since, especially the coverage of this incident to be seen to do nothing beggars belief.

As Dundee Red said until something starts being done, like lifetime bans this will continue for decades.

What's the fu**ing point of having CCTV if it's not used for precisely this kind of thing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #231: Sep 25, 2012 02:16:59 pm
      If the players can sing on the pitch in Moscow about Heysel then the club can indeed do what they want. This weekend's disgraceful behaviour and subsequent inaction confirm that.

Maybe LFC should have some kind of Black Ops PR department like (ahem) I believe some other club might just have.

Start posting dog's abuse and threats to referees when other, rival clubs are denied pens or have players sent off. And maybe post blogs and tweets about opposition fans' despicable behaviour; mostly hearsay, conjecture or outright lies - nevertheless it all contributes to the drip, drip, drip effect to cloud - or even outright infect - the opinions of journalists, referees , the FA etc.

Ian Cotton was probably above that type of thing, but some clubs owned by American businessmen with a huge commercial interest in the success of their club - and steeped in theses despicable arts - might well consider the practice.

Get a grip Ayre!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #232: Sep 25, 2012 02:21:25 pm
      By chanting i meant the Airplane chants and signals.

There is a pic of the two fucknuggets being arrested, but what the F**k you on about chanting, when was the last time you heard Munich chanted at Anfield during a Man utd game?

I've heard it twice at Old Trafford after their WHOLE F***ing ground was singing their songs and let's not forget the hands against the face gestures that is commonplace at that shithole, never seen anyone arrested at OT for that! It's alright playing the holier than thou act, but nothing will change unless what goes on at Old Trafford during games there gets addressed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #233: Sep 25, 2012 02:24:40 pm
      I like that idea HR. 

Say or read something often enough and long enough it eventually becomes fact.  Perpetuating the myth I believe.

Only this isn't myth it's reality and one that needs exposing, continually.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #234: Sep 25, 2012 03:03:55 pm
      There is a pic of the two fucknuggets being arrested, but what the F**k you on about chanting, when was the last time you heard Munich chanted at Anfield during a Man utd game?

I've heard it twice at Old Trafford after their WHOLE F***ing ground was singing their songs and let's not forget the hands against the face gestures that is commonplace at that shithole, never seen anyone arrested at OT for that! It's alright playing the holier than thou act, but nothing will change unless what goes on at Old Trafford during games there gets addressed.

I agree things need changing HR - never denied that nor have I ignored what the Mancs have done - it needs stopping. All off it. Go and have a look through old pictures and see how many flags we used to have with Munich written on them. I have heard the songs on numerous times - dead bodies on the runway and airplane gestures to the Mancs.

It all needs to stop mate - all off it from every F***ing side - it's disgusting and it's sickening
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #235: Sep 25, 2012 03:13:30 pm

He makes sh*t up and thinks we are having it all F***ing day, much the same as the dickheads after the game on Sunday - he hasn't found the right length of rope yet it seems.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #236: Sep 25, 2012 03:17:47 pm
      I make sh*t up ?!

What exactly have I made up ?

Are you suggesting McAteer was lying ?

Sorry I forget you are too gutless to answer me
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #237: Sep 25, 2012 04:58:55 pm
      I agree things need changing HR - never denied that nor have I ignored what the Mancs have done - it needs stopping. All off it. Go and have a look through old pictures and see how many flags we used to have with Munich written on them. I have heard the songs on numerous times - dead bodies on the runway and airplane gestures to the Mancs.

It all needs to stop mate - all off it from every F***ing side - it's disgusting and it's sickening

I know I've seen the pics, remember seeing a Munich 58  flag at Heysel on the telly, also remember singing that song myself in boozers up and down the country on aways when I was about 18 until an older fan had a word and put me straight. But look at the difference, that Munich song gets sung at best in boozers now by either young lads trying to show off or dickheads who should know better, we've policed ourselves in a way. Utd have done little to ever attempt stopping the singing and sh*t that goes on at OT and let's not forget it's not just our game, it's EVERY game with them F***ing idiots.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #238: Sep 25, 2012 05:11:42 pm
      I know I've seen the pics, remember seeing a Munich 58  flag at Heysel on the telly, also remember singing that song myself in boozers up and down the country on aways when I was about 18 until an older fan had a word and put me straight. But look at the difference, that Munich song gets sung at best in boozers now by either young lads trying to show off or dickheads who should know better, we've policed ourselves in a way. Utd have done little to ever attempt stopping the singing and sh*t that goes on at OT and let's not forget it's not just our game, it's EVERY game with them F***ing idiots.
      You are right mate - the fact the mancs do it worse shouldnt justify what our fans do in retaliation. Just because they sing United whilst we sing YNWA - just because they try and get a reaction doesnt mean its ok for a small couple of pricks to react. And whats worse is certain people refuse to accept we have fans at fault and try and excuse and justify it - that makes them as worse as the manc fans trying to justify the chants they do.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #239: Sep 25, 2012 05:33:16 pm
      You are right mate - the fact the mancs do it worse shouldnt justify what our fans do in retaliation. Just because they sing United whilst we sing YNWA - just because they try and get a reaction doesnt mean its ok for a small couple of pricks to react. And whats worse is certain people refuse to accept we have fans at fault and try and excuse and justify it - that makes them as worse as the manc fans trying to justify the chants they do.

The two lads who did do it and I agree it did happen, as I said I've seen a pic of them getting their collars felt, doesn't show what happened before, but we can guess, just gave them their excuse to run through their sh*te songbook, worst of it is and I hope this sunk in to a lot of Reds on Sunday, their younger element of fans don't give a F**k about Munich. That "where's your famous Munich song" could you imagine anyone in the Kop or for instance at OT trying to sing that to them about Hillsborough, they'd get booted all over the place.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #240: Sep 25, 2012 05:40:41 pm

Well said, HR.

It's easy to say they are worse than us but the fact is they are.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #241: Sep 25, 2012 05:45:22 pm
      You are right HR - they just needed a small opportunity to start the chants and unfortunatly a couple of our fans provided them with it and in their sick world it justified them chants and the media will leap on it and we once again will come out looking bad.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #242: Sep 25, 2012 06:04:27 pm
      In spite of the the very commendable tributes made by the more responsible in Sunday's game the only memory that will abide is the moronic actions once again of a good number of the manc ''faithfull''.
      The most hated fans in the country showed their credentials to one and all, no sign of any balls however they haven't got a pair between them.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #243: Sep 25, 2012 06:06:36 pm
      Don't forget the moronic actions of certain Liverpool fans on the day - dint want to to be seen as blinkered. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #244: Sep 25, 2012 07:55:14 pm
      I don't think the club can take resposibility for 2 fans, in the way United can for 2,000.

Yes they are dick heads those 2, (Are they not a bit old to be running round like an aeroplane anyway?) but they shouldn't be talked about as 'some Liverpool fans'. It is a very, very tiny minority of Liverpool fans. 2 out of over 40,000. What even is that as a %?

What we saw after FT at Anfield was almost the entire away support of United singing what they did and not to mention their 5 minute renditions of where's your famous Munich song.

So yeah our two fans are dick heads, who if I had my way would have their wings chopped off, but let us not pretend that 2 fans doing that is a sign that both clubs are as bad. It isn't. I'm all for viewing things partially and in a fair manor, but I'm not going to be going to far the other way to make myself look a smart arse.

2000 United fans on the day let their club down, on the other hand 2 Liverpool fans on the day let us down. That is the facts of the matter.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #245: Sep 25, 2012 08:02:41 pm
      Unfortunatly they were Liverpool fans at a Liverpool game and its our clubs responsibilty so they have let the club down as well as themselves and other fans. They reacted and provided the scum with the perfect scenario to point the fingers back at us. The fact the police got involved just looks even worse for us.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #246: Sep 25, 2012 08:33:53 pm
      Sky trotted out Jason McAteer this evening who claims to have 'seen' 2 people making plane gestures at the Mancs.

Havent read through all the posts but I was at the back of the Kop so took a while to get out after the game (the Main stand was more or less empty by then) I saw a lad in the Main Stand towards the United end doing the plane gesture. He got nicked by the police and as he was being led away the mancs were singing "you scouse b***ard" at him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #247: Sep 25, 2012 08:44:41 pm
      Unfortunatly they were Liverpool fans at a Liverpool game and its our clubs responsibilty so they have let the club down as well as themselves and other fans. They reacted and provided the scum with the perfect scenario to point the fingers back at us. The fact the police got involved just looks even worse for us.

The simple solution is to ban those two idiots from Anfield. Shocking behaviour. As for Manchester United I would ban their fans altogether from attending Anfield in the near future. They could repay the compliment by banning us from Old Trafford but would I care? No. Liverpool v Manchester United is sadly a match I never look forward to any more and I dread, all for non footballing reasons. The media like to make a big hoo hah out of it with no mention to such events. It's often seen as superseding the Merseyside Derby. In intensity yes but not overall though. The Merseyside Derby will always be about the football and nothing else which makes it the most pure derby in European football. It is no surprise coming from a city that has understood the game and more importantly the notion of rivalry better than anyone else. Without doubt the best.

Sadly, largely as a result of the behaviour of Manchester United supporters, the Liverpool v Man Utd derby has been dragged below the levels of what I've seen even at Old Firm games in recent years. Vermin takes over and poisons the atmosphere. That vermin is large sections of Manchester United fans.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #248: Sep 25, 2012 08:50:34 pm
      Quite happy to see the manc fans all banned from Anfield. It maybe the final resort to bring an end to it all
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #249: Sep 25, 2012 08:51:51 pm
      Havent read through all the posts but I was at the back of the Kop so took a while to get out after the game (the Main stand was more or less empty by then) I saw a lad in the Main Stand towards the United end doing the plane gesture. He got nicked by the police and as he was being led away the mancs were singing "you scouse b***ard" at him.

That's fair enough, he deserved that, F***ing idiot.

Don't forget the moronic actions of certain Liverpool fans on the day - dint want to to be seen as blinkered. 

I think you may be seen as blinkered George, although I agree the two Liverpool fans were morons, and I never said anything else, all I was complaining about was there was no footage of them.  I still haven't seen anything apart from hearsay.  I'm not denying it happened because I trust the people that have posted about it today.  But you ignoring the behaviour of the majority of the mancs is bewildering.  Does it not annoy you one little bit?  I was F***ing fuming about it.  How dare they, after all the talk, and even their F***ing teams manager begging them in a letter to behave, they failed their club, and they chanted during the match too.  I can't get my head around how you seem to be happy to ignore that and just come down on the two Liverpool fans that were F***ing idiots on the day.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #250: Sep 25, 2012 08:52:36 pm
      Quite happy to see the manc fans all banned from Anfield. It maybe the final resort to bring an end to it all

At last!  You've finally changed your tune!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #251: Sep 25, 2012 08:58:26 pm
      That's fair enough, he deserved that, F***ing idiot.

I think you may be seen as blinkered George, although I agree the two Liverpool fans were morons, and I never said anything else, all I was complaining about was there was no footage of them.  I still haven't seen anything apart from hearsay.  I'm not denying it happened because I trust the people that have posted about it today.  But you ignoring the behaviour of the majority of the mancs is bewildering.  Does it not annoy you one little bit?  I was F***ing fuming about it.  How dare they, after all the talk, and even their F***ing teams manager begging them in a letter to behave, they failed their club, and they chanted during the match too.  I can't get my head around how you seem to be happy to ignore that and just come down on the two Liverpool fans that were F***ing idiots on the day.

Who said anything about ignoring what the Mancs did ?!?

You obviously need to read back where I condemned the action of what they did.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #252: Sep 25, 2012 09:02:18 pm
      I don't think the club can take resposibility for 2 fans, in the way United can for 2,000.

Yes they are dick heads those 2, (Are they not a bit old to be running round like an aeroplane anyway?) but they shouldn't be talked about as 'some Liverpool fans'. It is a very, very tiny minority of Liverpool fans. 2 out of over 40,000. What even is that as a %?

What we saw after FT at Anfield was almost the entire away support of United singing what they did and not to mention their 5 minute renditions of where's your famous Munich song.

So yeah our two fans are dick heads, who if I had my way would have their wings chopped off, but let us not pretend that 2 fans doing that is a sign that both clubs are as bad. It isn't. I'm all for viewing things partially and in a fair manor, but I'm not going to be going to far the other way to make myself look a smart arse.

2000 United fans on the day let their club down, on the other hand 2 Liverpool fans on the day let us down. That is the facts of the matter.
      United never take action at their yard for numbers well in excess of 2,000 who ritually chant about Hillsborough, for that matter they do nothing about the same conduct at every game they play. They are obsessed with Liverpool Football Club.
      To relate two [2] incidents in a game in that context is ridiculous and only the media and mancs give it any credibility.

Quick Reply