Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?

Read 10373 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #46: Sep 02, 2012 09:32:21 pm
      Kuyt had a clause in his contract which was triggered by Fenerbache, he even stated himself he was open to new challenges. Deal was effectively done and dusted before Rodgers came through the door. Can't blame BR.

Bellamy had his heart set on a return back to Cardiff before Kenny had packed his belongings. Stated he was moving back for purely family reasons and nothing or no-one could of changed his mind. Again nothing BR could of done.

He let Carroll go because he was fully expecting the hierarchy at the club to push through the transfer which he was assurred would happen on the back of Carroll's loan. It didnt, and he was badly let down by the club, as you could tell by todays interview.

There are many directions to point the fingers, none of them should be at Rodgers though.

Top post Danny and spot on, the bashers are already coming out and it will get worse before it gets better, the only one we have left to trust is the gaffer.

It's sure as hell not the owners/director/ board.
      pap0169
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #47: Sep 02, 2012 09:41:55 pm
      2 years ago we had played 3, won 1 drew 1 and lost 1, scored 2, conceeded 4 and had 4 points, last year after 3 games we had won 2 drew 1 lost 0 scored 6 conceeded 2 and had 7 points, today we have played 3, won 0 drew 1 and lost 2, scored 2 and conceeded 7 and have 1 point. 2 years ago we knew Woy wasn't up to the job, I'm getting that Déjá Vu feeling ! But the most worrying thing for me is that by the time the January window opens no-one will want to join us because we won't be challenging for any CL places but more likely fighting our way into a relegation battle ! I'm worried, very worried !
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #48: Sep 02, 2012 09:53:15 pm
      Ask yourselves this, are we weaker or stronger this season or last, rodgers has to take some blame if he came in and said he doesnt fancy carroll that was a month ago ,everyone and his dog new it but nothing happened, no sigings except for midfield players and unknown wingers, disappointing
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #49: Sep 02, 2012 09:58:40 pm
      Top post Danny and spot on, the bashers are already coming out and it will get worse before it gets better, the only one we have left to trust is the gaffer.

It's sure as hell not the owners/director/ board.

This forum is getting filled with self-righteous, intolerant fans that resort to labelling fans who dare voice a different opinion from the one they hold.

You are not a better fan by being more optimistic or less critical. That is why it is called a forum. If everyone shared your view, the forum would be a boring place to come to.

No need calling anyone a basher.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #50: Sep 02, 2012 09:59:24 pm
      Ask yourselves this, are we weaker or stronger this season or last, rodgers has to take some blame if he came in and said he doesnt fancy carroll that was a month ago ,everyone and his dog new it but nothing happened, no sigings except for midfield players and unknown wingers, disappointing

The only thing I ask myself is why a 2 year member with 150 posts/-5 rating comes in to contribute on a down day; post 1/2 dozen times bashing the manager and Joe Allen after 3 matches.

That to me is much more concerning than the lack of goals.

Very curious indeed.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #51: Sep 02, 2012 10:02:41 pm
      Today could have very well been a bad day at the office. Our first XI is not terrible. But today did show that if the starters have a sh*t show as a group, we don't have much on the bench to change games.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 02, 2012 10:03:33 pm
      When was the last time Pepe Reina had an outstanding game for the reds?

Not looking to blame or argue but I'm struggling to remember when...
      leehred4ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #53: Sep 02, 2012 10:06:09 pm
      to be honest, you need only look at the bench to see that we are in a bit of trouble! wouldn't mind seeing Drogba in a Liverpool shirt!!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Sep 02, 2012 10:07:49 pm
      This forum is getting filled with self-righteous, intolerant fans that resort to labelling fans who dare voice a different opinion from the one they hold.

You are not a better fan by being more optimistic or less critical. That is why it is called a forum. If everyone shared your view, the forum would be a boring place to come to.

No need calling anyone a basher.

If you can't sniff a wind up this obvious that's a you problem. 2 years on this board, only posting when things are bad with never anything good to say.

Your right the forum would be boring, I have taken more sh*te on this board then most for my opinions, so I don,'t need you to remind me.

He posts are not about opinions they are about a wind up, because in 2 years that's the only time he posts.

davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #55: Sep 02, 2012 10:10:42 pm
      if your more concerned with me only having 150 posts than our lack of goals (strkiers) you must have made some interesting observations in  your 1st 2940 posts
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #56: Sep 02, 2012 10:12:56 pm
      Heads went down after Arsenal scored their first and unfortunately our captain needs a rocket up his arse, Gerrard was absolutely sh*te today, I don't think even he knew whether he was playing midfield or as a second striker today.

Not getting Dempsey in has seriously hurt our striking options, even a blind man would know we needed an extra striker (this may get continued in the Ian Ayres thread!!)
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #57: Sep 02, 2012 10:14:15 pm
      i aint on a wind up i disallusioned at what we have become,
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #58: Sep 02, 2012 10:18:45 pm
      If you can't sniff a wind up this obvious that's a you problem. 2 years on this board, only posting when things are bad with never anything good to say.

Your right the forum would be boring, I have taken more sh*te on this board then most for my opinions, so I don,'t need you to remind me.

He posts are not about opinions they are about a wind up, because in 2 years that's the only time he posts.

Didn't you just accuse me of pushing an anti-BR agenda? You need some air really.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #59: Sep 02, 2012 10:24:20 pm
      Didn't you just accuse me of pushing an anti-BR agenda? You need some air really.

4,000+ posts and here all the time like you are, holds a lot more credibility (whether I agree with you or not) then someone who contributes jack sh*te to this forum 150 times over a 2 year period.

He doesn't need your protection Sol, he will disappear for another 6 months soon enough.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #60: Sep 02, 2012 10:25:49 pm
      im not against BR im just unhappy that he would discard players as soon as he arrives and then doesnt replace them, i looked at bench today and was very worried,even more worried now
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #61: Sep 02, 2012 10:28:00 pm
      i dont post as much as you as im travelling to and from matches home and away, if posting gives you a better knowledge than some one who has missed 10 games in 30 years your the man
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #62: Sep 02, 2012 10:32:07 pm
      Glad the players don't give up as easily as some on here.

I know things look pretty dire right now but we still have plenty of time to get the ship righted.

If I remember correctly people wrote off the Gunners after a month or so last season?

IBWT
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #63: Sep 02, 2012 10:34:10 pm

I know things look pretty dire right now but we still have plenty of time to get the ship righted.

If I remember correctly people wrote off the Gunners after a month or so last season?

IBWT

think the players did today ,and the gunners did nothing last season no trophy for six years
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #64: Sep 02, 2012 10:35:07 pm

IBWT

It was utterly F***ing sh*te today and we were so devoid of ideas it was untrue, so much so I fu**ed off back to the boozer with ten minutes to go and it's a long time since I've done that
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #65: Sep 02, 2012 10:47:14 pm
      4,000+ posts and here all the time like you are, holds a lot more credibility (whether I agree with you or not) then someone who contributes jack sh*te to this forum 150 times over a 2 year period.

He doesn't need your protection Sol, he will disappear for another 6 months soon enough.

I wasn't protecting him. Didn't read his post. I read yours. The 'basher' thing caught my attention.

I support BR 100%. I was pissed at the way he handled Carroll; like it or not, Carroll is the best header in the premiership, he is also very aware of the locations of players around him, he knos how to hold the ball and shield it too. He defends corners well. Was it too much to work with him till January? Then we end up letting him go without adequate cover, no thanks to the moneymen.

But I want him to prosper as LFC Manager.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #66: Sep 02, 2012 11:23:40 pm
      ^AZ quoted the wrong post, i think his reply was meant for Davepolo
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #67: Sep 02, 2012 11:50:03 pm
      Its even worse than last year,there are no easy answers. There is more pain on the way, the reds are living in the past. We are no longer a great club, thats a fact.Wake up and smell the coffee.why do we even pick players who are underperforming. There has been major errors in the transfer market, which affects the dressing  room morale.which must be at an all time low.You well my brain is not getting enough blood for one
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #68: Sep 03, 2012 12:42:53 am

You did watch the game today didn't you?

Plenty of those players looked as if they had given up from what I seen and it's a poor thing when the younger players are showing those who should know better, including our captain, how it should be done.

Quick Reply