Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?

Read 10359 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Sep 02, 2012 03:58:26 pm
       Sobering stuff that was. Outplayed, outfought and outhought on our own patch by an Arsenal team who realistically have zero pretensions on finishing top 3. It could have been worse too, we were another goal away from it turning into a really embarrassing result, our heads were already down and we could have lost by a cricket score.

So the question is, how bad could it get this season? Obviously we cannot buy anyone until January, and even shrewdly picking up non contract players would require a miracle in order to cover the obvious holes in our squad. Could we possibly flirt with relegation, could we be easily bottom half?

My guess is that we could be in a bit of trouble if today is anything to go by. We looked a poor team to me, dispirited very easily, lacking in ideas going forward. Gerrard looks to me to be nowhere near at 100% fitness, ditto Sahin, while Luis looks like the type of player for whom it wouldn't take too much for him to start casting glances towards warmer climbs. I fear it's going to be a much longer and rockier road than many of us thought.

I feel for the manager on this. He has been stitched up by Kenny/Commolli (I know that will be controversial but I believe it to be so) in that he's been left with a bunch of expensive players on big money who are sh!te. Secondly he's been stitched up by the Yanks, who have made him reduce the wage bill drastically but haven't allowed him to bring replacements in. I back Brendan Rogers 100%. I think he's a good manager, and what's more I think he's a good man. I want him to be given however long it takes and however much it costs to rebuild our great club. It's time for everyone to pull together, but we are going to take a few beatings and we need the fans to be far better at supporting the team than they were today.   
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2012 04:01:45 pm
      what we cannot do is rely on our home form thats as bad as our away form.
      The heads are down there is an apathy in the club an atmosphere of fear and we have nobody to lift it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2012 04:23:24 pm
        He has been stitched up by Kenny/Commolli (I know that will be controversial but I believe it to be so) in that he's been left with a bunch of expensive players on big money who are sh!te.

I agree with everything apart from this bit. Those "sh*te players " got 4 more points against the same 3 teams in the same fixtures last season.

I have no argument with Brendan selling players that do not fit his style of play, just with people dismissing players as sh*te then drooling over tiki taki and our new signings..... when we are doing WORSE.

It will take time with Brendan..... a lot of time if FSG don't F***ing get their finger out. We were sold short last season when we had no quality replacement for Lucas and didn't get the striker we so badly needed, if we are unlucky with injuries I can see us struggling again this season as we are now two strikers short after the recent debacle with Carroll.

O.K............ I KNOW .........BACK IN THE BOX till we win.       
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2012 05:07:28 pm
      What's happened to us in a week?
      Last Sunday we were fantastic and if we never gave that pass to Tevez we would have won the game against last seasons champions and the biggest spenders there is.
      So what have we done, got rid of Adam, Spearing & Carroll but who out of those were the reason for the great display last week?
      Yes I know when we went behind and we had to find a goal from somewhere we are left well short but for me the most disappointing thing was how it looked like our heads went down when the players on the pitch looked like they knew we didn't look like scoring and their work rate lowered and made us look like a very poor team.
      So what do we do?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2012 05:10:06 pm
      Suddenly a trophy, two cup finals, European football & an 8th place finish would seem like a great achievment for this season..

Massive task ahead for BR.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2012 05:16:14 pm
      Worse case scenario struggling at the wrong end of the table, with an inadequate squad, to cope in the Premier league. January is a  long way off to find a striker to add to a rather threadbare squad. Brendan has been let down badly by the owners as everyone knows.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2012 05:21:11 pm
      But Werner said we coul dcompete with any club .What a liar complete tw*t.
      What will be left to play for come january and now we are being linked with Owen God knows what will become of us in the years ahead if these muppets stay.
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2012 06:25:02 pm
      I think we could be in for our worst season in the prem. Baffling transfer window, top players playing poorly. I am very worried.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2012 06:35:20 pm
      I hope we don't pay for not signing a strker this summer. Not looking good upfront, same as last year, looking midtable at best
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2012 06:49:21 pm
      I HOPE we can hopefully patch things up, still in push for european places come January. If not I really do fear the worst, if we do stay around the bottom half of the table, Im sure we wont get relegated but I would definitely warm myself for a tough battle.
      Crossley_23
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2012 06:57:58 pm
      I feel that we are in for a struggle this season. Very similar to last season. BR is the right man I get us playing football again and I believe to get us challenging for te champions league again. It's obvious something went wrong with the transfers because BR was not answering the question. Will Owen help? Maybe in Europa league and league cup but I think we need much more then a striker to fix our problems. We can on wait and see!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2012 07:01:41 pm
       :depressed:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Sep 02, 2012 07:04:48 pm
      If we have a couple of injuries to forward players relegation to be honest. If U can't score goals your fu**ed.

Was worried how we struggled against hearts midweek
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Sep 02, 2012 07:04:59 pm
      The words from the owners was "stabilise" this season, think we all realised that they were driving expectations down but honestly "stabilise" translates to putting a hole in the ship with what has transpired. We're sinking and the most annoying factor is that we have the right manager who has brought in an exceptional player in Allen so obviously has an eye for talent and wasn't backed. Unfortunately I see us struggling to score goals until January and then hopefully it will be addressed but don't hold your breath.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14: Sep 02, 2012 07:06:55 pm
      Sobering stuff that was. Outplayed, outfought and outhought on our own patch by an Arsenal team who realistically have zero pretensions on finishing top 3. It could have been worse too, we were another goal away from it turning into a really embarrassing result, our heads were already down and we could have lost by a cricket score.

So the question is, how bad could it get this season? Obviously we cannot buy anyone until January, and even shrewdly picking up non contract players would require a miracle in order to cover the obvious holes in our squad. Could we possibly flirt with relegation, could we be easily bottom half?

My guess is that we could be in a bit of trouble if today is anything to go by. We looked a poor team to me, dispirited very easily, lacking in ideas going forward. Gerrard looks to me to be nowhere near at 100% fitness, ditto Sahin, while Luis looks like the type of player for whom it wouldn't take too much for him to start casting glances towards warmer climbs. I fear it's going to be a much longer and rockier road than many of us thought.

I feel for the manager on this. He has been stitched up by Kenny/Commolli (I know that will be controversial but I believe it to be so) in that he's been left with a bunch of expensive players on big money who are sh!te. Secondly he's been stitched up by the Yanks, who have made him reduce the wage bill drastically but haven't allowed him to bring replacements in. I back Brendan Rogers 100%. I think he's a good manager, and what's more I think he's a good man. I want him to be given however long it takes and however much it costs to rebuild our great club. It's time for everyone to pull together, but we are going to take a few beatings and we need the fans to be far better at supporting the team than they were today.   

I find it strange that we can start random threads on how bad things could be when we lose to Arsenal in our 3rd league game whilst performing badly but cannot start threads to talk about how good things could get after holding and outplaying the uber rich Premier league Champions a week earlier in our 2nd.

Maybe its just me though, but I'm not too sure.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #15: Sep 02, 2012 07:07:45 pm
      Get a grip everyone, we will get there, it's going to be tough, but we will get there   :kop5cf8koxp6: eventually.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #16: Sep 02, 2012 07:08:52 pm
      I agree with everything apart from this bit. Those "sh*te players " got 4 more points against the same 3 teams in the same fixtures last season.

I have no argument with Brendan selling players that do not fit his style of play, just with people dismissing players as sh*te then drooling over tiki taki and our new signings..... when we are doing WORSE.

It will take time with Brendan..... a lot of time if FSG don't f**king get their finger out. We were sold short last season when we had no quality replacement for Lucas and didn't get the striker we so badly needed, if we are unlucky with injuries I can see us struggling again this season as we are now two strikers short after the recent debacle with Carroll.

O.K............ I KNOW .........BACK IN THE BOX till we win.       

I'm with Saint on this one - as I said in another thread the time to blame Kenny & DC went when they were sacked. Culpability now sits with the remaining senior management in-situ at that time.

We were manifestly unlucky from day 1 last season but ultimately it wasn't good enough - thus far we haven't been unlucky, we've been toothless in attack and shallow in depth and failed to address either in the window.

I also feel for BR - the money men shifted shifted units and failed to recognise or understand the ares that needed cover

And in answer to the question - I honestly don't know right now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2012 07:23:14 pm
      blaming Kenny and Comoli is a joke.
      That team today had Brendans players in it playing Brendans tactics.The fact is we are sh*te because we dont have a team of sufficient quality and have ZERO chance of top 4 without having a goalscorer in the side.It doesnt take 2 years to work that one out.What is going on has nothing to do with football and everything to do with fsg and there cost cutting.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2012 07:29:46 pm
      3 games played,  refusing to panic.

Ideally not the best start, but we haven't been handed the easiest of fixtures to start.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2012 07:30:35 pm
      Cue the relegation doomsayers!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Sep 02, 2012 07:32:30 pm
      Worst case scenario?

FSG scouting League 2 and Norway for our clinical striker come January.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #21: Sep 02, 2012 07:34:32 pm
      Reina's form is worrying

Defense needs improving.

Midfield isn't far away from ideal, Gerrard needs to up his game.

Forwards need shooting practice.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2012 07:36:20 pm
      Only wolves had a worse record than us after Christmas last year.

Quick Reply