Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?

Read 10423 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #23: Sep 02, 2012 07:39:24 pm
      Joe Allen for Striker!

Why not he does everything.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2012 07:40:23 pm
      Only wolves had a worse record than us after Christmas last year.

I don't see the relevance to what might happen this season.

I honestly think the worst case scenario is we could be around mid table come January and then the onus will be on FSG again to fund the manager and get some attacking options in.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2012 07:40:51 pm
      Reina's form is worrying

Defense needs improving.

Midfield isn't far away from ideal, Gerrard needs to up his game.

Forwards need shooting practice.
      My thoughts exactly
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,262 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2012 07:41:11 pm
      Expecto Patronum!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2012 07:42:44 pm
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2012 07:44:49 pm
      Only wolves had a worse record than us after Christmas last year.

Christ! Someone should have said!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2012 07:45:18 pm
      I don't see the relevance to what might happen this season.

I honestly think the worst case scenario is we could be around mid table come January and then the onus will be on FSG again to fund the manager and get some attacking options in.

I do when its the same problem goals taken into account Carroll Bellamy kuyt and maxi are gone which is a third of our goals and assists last season. Think it's very relevant.

Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #30: Sep 02, 2012 07:47:28 pm
      By then no player of quality wuld want to join our glorious club so we'll still end up with average or mediocre players and probably the few good ones would be preparing to leave for pastures new
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,551 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31: Sep 02, 2012 07:48:11 pm
      robbie fowler ‏@Robbie9Fowler

Hold my hand up.Top 4 is a long long long way off,honestly thought there was half a chance,just felt other team were not that great,
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #32: Sep 02, 2012 07:49:47 pm
      Reina's form is worrying

Defense needs improving.

Midfield isn't far away from ideal, Gerrard needs to up his game.

Forwards need shooting practice.

Bingo.

Worst case scenario for this season? We finish on the lower end of the table, behind Swansea and behind West Ham, after we lose to each of them both times, to Swansea as a result of Laudrup's new tactics and to West Ham as a result of Andy Carroll hat-tricks both games.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #33: Sep 02, 2012 08:02:56 pm
      Worse case scenario? We finish where we did last season; 8th position.

BUT: We will strengthen in January. Jermaine Defoe or Darren Bent. Proven premiership goal scorers

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Sep 02, 2012 08:08:21 pm
      Ya premiership proven have we learnt nothing.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #35: Sep 02, 2012 08:16:50 pm
      Really poor start to the season  and understandably emotions and expectations are confused. Any new manager likes to put his own stamp on their new club and the road ahead looks rocky . To achieve a top 4 is unrealistic and I think a top 6 would be a result to build on . We got rid of experienced players to make way for the younger players and put our striker option on loan . Bold moves for Brendan which he needs time to prove his ideas, not panicking just yet ...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Sep 02, 2012 08:20:36 pm

Yeah, lets go and get a Morientes or Baros type, because  foreigners always work.  Our best player so far this season, what league did he play in last season?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #37: Sep 02, 2012 08:23:58 pm
       Things we know for certain number one: Whoever it is, we need SOMEONE ELSE who is at least an option off the bench or as a starter as a forward. If it's not Morgan (and I've barely seen the lad play but my guess is it isn't) and it's not the young kid we've just bought (ditto), then we need to get somebody who's available. Don't know who it is, I'd rather it not be Owen or Drogba, but needs must.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #38: Sep 02, 2012 08:24:43 pm
      Yeah, lets go and get a Morientes or Baros type, because  foreigners always work.  Our best player so far this season, what league did he play in last season?
      Reserves ;)

If our top players sort themselves out and start performing like they should we''ll definitely be in the top 10 come January. But if we continue to play like we did today,  we're fu**ed.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #39: Sep 02, 2012 08:29:21 pm
      3 games played,  refusing to panic.

Ideally not the best start, but we haven't been handed the easiest of fixtures to start.

Get a grip everyone, we will get there, it's going to be tough, but we will get there   :kop5cf8koxp6: eventually.
      Craiglad and  Gareth have it sussed this is a Marthon and not a Sprint, I'll put money on Swansea and Liverpool not being in there current positions come the seasons end !
      As dark as it may seem there are people on this fourm Who've seen us in the 2nd Division !
      Lets see how the Chavs and the Scum go on against Citeh and the Arse at home !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Sep 02, 2012 08:41:26 pm
      Craiglad and  Gareth have it sussed this is a Marthon and not a Sprint, I'll put money on Swansea and Liverpool not being in there current positions come the seasons end !
      As dark as it may seem there are people on this fourm Who've seen us in the 2nd Division !
      Lets see how the Chavs and the Scum go on against Citeh and the Arse at home !
      I totally agree Steve,we could/should of had the game won at half time.Some of our players need to take a leaf from the Shelvey book and shoot on sight when near the goal area.Disappointed with the result but what sort of supporters would we be if we were not disappointed with a loss.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #41: Sep 02, 2012 08:43:14 pm

Is it me, or do your views follow the popular opinions now? Will the real 'slim shady' please stand up?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #42: Sep 02, 2012 08:47:50 pm
      Or do popular opinions follow his views now?  ;)

Say what you like corbally's seemingly rash words last season have ended up spot on.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #43: Sep 02, 2012 09:07:54 pm
      brendan rogers has to take some blame he let kuyt , bellamy go, and didnt fancy carroll if he is that good he should have made carroll better . i looked at bench today and was very worried is drogba a free agent yet xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2012 09:12:13 pm
      brendan rogers has to take some blame he let kuyt , bellamy go, and didnt fancy carroll if he is that good he should have made carroll better . i looked at bench today and was very worried is drogba a free agent yet xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Kuyt had a clause in his contract which was triggered by Fenerbache, he even stated himself he was open to new challenges. Deal was effectively done and dusted before Rodgers came through the door. Can't blame BR.

Bellamy had his heart set on a return back to Cardiff before Kenny had packed his belongings. Stated he was moving back for purely family reasons and nothing or no-one could of changed his mind. Again nothing BR could of done.

He let Carroll go because he was fully expecting the hierarchy at the club to push through the transfer which he was assurred would happen on the back of Carroll's loan. It didnt, and he was badly let down by the club, as you could tell by todays interview.

There are many directions to point the fingers, none of them should be at Rodgers though.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #45: Sep 02, 2012 09:18:02 pm
      sorry dont agree clubs like us should not be in this position, rogers didnt fancy carroll whenn he came to the club why wait, can we recall him

Quick Reply