Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre Match: Liverpool V Anzhi Makhachkala 25/10/12 Europa League Kick Off 8.05pm

Read 15236 times
      MsGerrard
      Pre Match: Liverpool V Anzhi Makhachkala 25/10/12 Europa League Kick Off 8.05pm
      Oct 23, 2012 01:24:39 am

So after getting beat by Udinese at the beginning of this month, we need an all out action performance in this game to get us back on track, these are going to be no pushovers though having Eto in their team but hopefully being at home we will be to strong for them.

With one eye on the 'Derby' on Sunday I expect the big guns to be dropped from this game but maybe Brendan having one or two on the bench just to be on the safe side, I'll be on the Kop cheering the lads on as usual, hoping for a decent performance.

Fairly sure Jones will keep goal after doing well against Reading on Saturday, but I'm keen to see the rest of BR's team selection, surely he wont play Suarez? Yesil maybe? he's been on fire recently.

There are still tickets available for this game so get yourself down to Anfield and cheer on the REDMEN !!!

Supporters should be aware that the online ticket sale for the Europa League tie with Anzhi Makhachkala on Thursday night ends today (Monday) at 1.30pm BST.
      Anzhi, Europa, Europa League

However, tickets for the match will continue to be available via the phones and in person at the Anfield ticket office.

Liverpool would encourage all supporters wishing to attend the game to buy tickets in advance of Thursday as we expect the ticket office to busy throughout the lead up to the game.

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2012 07:23:38 pm by JD »
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Liverpool V Anzhi Makhachkala 25/10/12 Europa League Kick Off 8.05pm
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2012 01:28:26 am
      Jones; Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Robinson; Shelvey, Henderson, Cole; Pacheco, Yesil, Assaidi.

3-1 Liverpool. Carra, Shelvey, Yesil.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2012 01:31:29 am

3-1 Liverpool. Carra, Shelvey, Yesil.

Who's scoring the other Liverpool goal, if Carra's scoring an og    :f_whistle:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2012 06:47:17 am
      Who's scoring the other Liverpool goal, if Carra's scoring an og    :f_whistle:

^ ^ :lmao:

I'd like to see:
                              Jones
      Flanno     Coates      Carra        Enrique

Hendo        Sahin
                              Shelvey
      Pacheco/Cole         Yesil/Morgan         Assaidi/Pacheco

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2012 08:57:15 am
      No slip ups here we have got to get a convincing win to get us in the right frame of mind to thrash Everton.Don't let me down REDS.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 23, 2012 10:03:41 am
      Need a win here badly.  Away trips to Italy and Russia ahead.  We'll be leaving it very tight to get through if we don't.

Personally, I think Rodgers hasn't put out a strong enough side in the last game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #6: Oct 23, 2012 10:37:27 am
      Need a win here before the run of away games in this competition but they will be tough enough opposition.

I'd like to see
      Jones

Flanagan Carra Coates Enrique

Henderson Sahin

Suso

Pacheco Morgan Assaidi

I'd have a few of the big guns on the bench but as much as I like to do well in this competition a good run of league form is more important at the minute.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2012 11:28:40 am
      Carra v Eto'o.  :o I fear for him. Carra got bossed around by Lukaku twice already this season, imagine what the pace & strength of Eto'o will do.

Is this on TV does anyone know? I'll be out drinking all day anyways so I'll be doing well to try have a proper discussion about players and whatnot afterwards :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Oct 23, 2012 11:37:47 am
      Carra v Eto'o.  :o I fear for him. Carra got bossed around by Lukaku twice already this season, imagine what the pace & strength of Eto'o will do.

Is this on TV does anyone know? I'll be out drinking all day anyways so I'll be doing well to try have a proper discussion about players and whatnot afterwards :D

Should be on TV3/3e I'd imagine.

Edit: They are showing the Spurs game.

Even though we lost last time out in the Europa League I'd still rest the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Suso, Sterling, Agger and Skrtel.

Jones should start this again. Even if Reina was fit Jones would probably have got the nod for this.

Jones

Wisdom    Carra     Coates     Enrique

Henderson  Shelvey

Downing/      Pacheco        Cole
      Morgan
                             Yesil

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #9: Oct 23, 2012 11:41:06 am
      Should be on TV3/3e I'd imagine.

Edit: They are showing the Spurs game.

Sick. That's twice in a row now that Setanta, ESPN and 3e are showing a combination of Newcastle & Spurs. Cunnys.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #10: Oct 23, 2012 11:41:39 am
      It's on ITV4, not sure if you guys can get that in the south.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: Oct 23, 2012 11:43:19 am
      I didn't even realise, are Anzhi that mega rich club that wanted to sign every player in the world?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #12: Oct 23, 2012 11:44:35 am
      It's on ITV4, not sure if you guys can get that in the south.

Sky can I think, I dunno tho cos I have UPC TV and they have ITV4 but it cuts out when the football is on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #13: Oct 23, 2012 11:45:16 am
      Sky can I think, I dunno tho cos I have UPC TV and they have ITV4 but it cuts out when the football is on.

Same as RTE up here when games are on then.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #14: Oct 23, 2012 11:49:04 am
      Same as RTE up here when games are on then.

Really? Didn't think they did that. Have you ever used aertv? Its a free legal stream of the 4 'southern' channels.

And yep WAHS, they are. Top of the Russian league currently I think. John Bradley the LFCTV commentator is handy to have on twitter for keeping up with the Russian league. Anzhi are missing Lass Diarra. I imagine Eto'o & Zhirkov will be available.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #15: Oct 23, 2012 11:50:35 am
      Really? Didn't think they did that. Have you ever used aertv? Its a free legal stream of the 4 'southern' channels.

I should have said when watching RTE through SKY. I used to have the aerial for the channels in my old house so it wasn't a problem.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #16: Oct 23, 2012 12:52:36 pm
      I didn't even realise, are Anzhi that mega rich club that wanted to sign every player in the world?

One of the richest clubs in the world
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17: Oct 23, 2012 12:58:10 pm
      Anyone feel that Rodden or Coady would be ready and therefore give all the first team CM a complete rest for the derby?

I haven't seen very little reserve football this year so not too sure.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Oct 23, 2012 01:11:08 pm
      Anyone feel that Rodden or Coady would be ready and therefore give all the first team CM a complete rest for the derby?

No mate based purely on the fact we need to win this. They have had no time with first team football so this will be the wrong game to start it. We have 2 tough trips after this and if we want to progress which we should all want we go all out. Look to get the job done by the hour mark and rest 3 players from there

I know we want to be fresh and ready for Sunday but going into Sunday with a win under our belt from Thursday will do us the world of good were defeat would leave a negative vibe.

Jones

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Sahin Allen Shelvey

Gerrard

Suarez  Sterling

Put the kid through the middle I reckon he'd be devastating there. My midfield means the 2 full backs need to push on.

Get the job done on the hour get Luis Stevie and Raheem off. Henderson Yesil and Assaidi on

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #19: Oct 23, 2012 01:12:00 pm
      If we don't get a win here think we'll really struggle to get through.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #20: Oct 23, 2012 01:15:28 pm
      No mate based purely on the fact we need to win this. They have had no time with first team football so this will be the wrong game to start it. We have 2 tough trips after this and if we want to progress which we should all want we go all out. Look to get the job done by the hour mark and rest 3 players from there

I know we want to be fresh and ready for Sunday but going into Sunday with a win under our belt from Thursday will do us the world of good were defeat would leave a negative vibe.

Jones

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Sahin Allen Shelvey

Gerrard

Suarez  Sterling

Put the kid through the middle I reckon he'd be devastating there. My midfield means the 2 full backs need to push on.

Get the job done on the hour get Luis Stevie and Raheem off. Henderson Yesil and Assaidi on

Interesting you'd go almost full strength Brian.

I wouldn't as although I do want to progress in this competition I just feel a win on Sunday is a must and I'd not want to take any chances be that with and injury or any tiredness so I'd go for a complete change as I posted earlier.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Oct 23, 2012 01:17:43 pm
      Anzhi I think are currently top of the Russian League - certainly no pushovers - if we go with a second string team we could lose this

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #22: Oct 23, 2012 01:17:45 pm

I haven't seen very little reserve football this year so not too sure.

TBH whenever I've watched the kids this year, or even last year they are the two that don't stand out :/

Hendo will play anyways tomorrow night, and Shelvey should start. Will Suarez play? I wonder maybe should Ngoo start. They have Samba in at CB, not sure who the other one will be but maybe having a big lad up top will help as I can see Yesil or Morgan just being bounced off the ball way too easily by Samba. Or could we see Suarez start 3 games in a week?

Quick Reply