Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for the Merseyside Derby

Liverpool victory
      77 (73.3%)
      Draw
      21 (20%)
      Don't even think such thoughts
      7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2012 02:45:49 pm

Pre Match: The 219th Merseyside Derby

Read 15449 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: The 219th Merseyside Derby
      Reply #92: Oct 27, 2012 09:17:31 pm
      It started a while ago, but now its thick (very) and fast, anyone who has a blue top, or even a blue (ish) jumper has started now on f/b, God I hope we smash them back to the stone age where they belong!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #93: Oct 27, 2012 09:17:46 pm
      Here is a like to the video.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/10/01/video-jack-rodwell-red-card-vs-liverpool-2011-everton-rodwell-sent-off-suarez-tackle/

I feel Luis reaction is understandable as Rodwell did go through and catch his ankle. Now what about Cahill on Adam. Moyes did not mention that did he?
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #94: Oct 27, 2012 09:29:32 pm
      Here is a like to the video.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/10/01/video-jack-rodwell-red-card-vs-liverpool-2011-everton-rodwell-sent-off-suarez-tackle/

I feel Luis reaction is understandable as Rodwell did go through and catch his ankle. Now what about Cahill on Adam. Moyes did not mention that did he?

Suarez's reaction there is shameful. Over playing contact in the most theatrical fashion possible. Rodwell won the ball and he had a right to be angry with Suarez's idiocy and it's this kind of thing that gives people like Moyes fule. But I don't care too much. Suarez didn't actually dive, or ask for the red. The ref gave the red the second Rodwell stood up. On first sight it looked like a full blooded two footed high tackle but upon repeat we see different. That's not Suarez's problem, that's the ref's and the occasions.

Suarez just needs to get better at his diving/theatrics. He's not believable at all.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #95: Oct 27, 2012 09:31:50 pm
      Suarez's reaction there is shameful. Over playing contact in the most theatrical fashion possible. Rodwell won the ball and he had a right to be angry with Suarez's idiocy and it's this kind of thing that gives people like Moyes fule. But I don't care too much. Suarez didn't actually dive, or ask for the red. The ref gave the red the second Rodwell stood up. On first sight it looked like a full blooded two footed high tackle but upon repeat we see different. That's not Suarez's problem, that's the ref's and the occasions.

Suarez just needs to get better at his diving/theatrics. He's not believable at all.

I don't think so.

I knock on the ankle there can be bloody painful.
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #96: Oct 27, 2012 09:40:14 pm
      I don't think so.

I knock on the ankle there can be bloody painful.

He looked like he was barely touched mate. Enough to go off balance but not enough to roll around screaming bloody murder.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #97: Oct 27, 2012 09:41:45 pm
      Hahahaha F***ing Rodwell, still laugh my bollocks off that he got sent off for that. Even funnier that it sent the bitter cu*ts in to tears.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #98: Oct 27, 2012 09:42:21 pm
      He looked like he was barely touched mate. Enough to go off balance but not enough to roll around screaming bloody murder.

If he got him right, (not intentionally) I think it would/could  be very painful.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #99: Oct 27, 2012 09:47:17 pm
      Did I say that? No.

What I am saying is that it is unprofessional and unsporting to aim to influence the Ref.

Last years game has been and gone. The Red card was rescinded. Get over it Moyes. Tried to find a video, but alas.

If I remember, it was a tackle, but not a dive.

So why did Moyes bring it up? TO INFLUENCE THE REF.

Off course he us trying to do that - we all know its unsporting -lots of unsporting things happen within the sport mate - you either join the rat race or get left behind.

As someone has said mate BR has been talking about the refs to try and get fairer decisions in the favour of Suarez - he is trying to influence the refs.

We have to play the game.

As I said earlier if BR had mentioned Fellaini and his elbows or the amount of red cards the BS got then we would all be nodding along with him - and he would be trying to influence the ref

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #100: Oct 27, 2012 09:49:01 pm
      If he got him right, (not intentionally) I think it would/could  be very painful.

sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #101: Oct 27, 2012 09:49:52 pm
      On another note, it's interesting to see how changed our side will be. No Downing, no Adam, no Carroll, no Kuyt, no Lucas etc. While Everton's side is largely unchanged.

Anyone feel like footballing fate has it that Everton will take this one considering how dominant we've been in this fixture in recent years. I mean heck last year we beat them three times and still finished below them (we achieved unprecedented levels of failure).. IF Everton win, the media uproar will be ridiculous.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #102: Oct 27, 2012 09:57:50 pm
      I read somewhere that Kenny is the only Liverpool manager to win his first game at Goodison (Kenny did it both times), hoping Brendan can add to that tomorrow.

Think we may miss Carroll tomorrow, especially if Fellaini does play.   
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #103: Oct 27, 2012 09:58:05 pm

Ouch, look at the bend in Luis's ankle there, no bloody wonder he was in pain.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #104: Oct 27, 2012 10:36:06 pm
      Rodgers told to stop attacking referees: Liverpool boss warned to lay off men in black

PUBLISHED: 21:39, 27 October 2012 | UPDATED: 21:39, 27 October 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been warned ahead of the Merseyside derby against Everton that his continual berating of match officials will not help his team's cause.

Referees' chief Mike Riley and his members are angered by Rodgers continuing to claim his club are victimised by officials, regarding it as a tactic to seek an advantage.

Ahead of the crunch match at Goodison Park, the Liverpool boss has defiantly repeated his frustrations over the way his club's games are officiated, sarcastically remarking he would have to take a holiday when his striker Luis Suarez got a decision in his favour.

'Brendan Rodgers isn't the first manager to try it on,' said a referees' source.

'He has been reminded that Kenny Dalglish did the same thing as Liverpool manager last season and it didn't work for him.

'It won't work for Brendan, either. There have been phone calls which have relayed that message. It is pretty clear.'

Premier League referees, who are looked after by Professional Game Match Officials Limited, are becoming increasingly resentful at the way they believe they are being used as scapegoats by managers for poor results.

Rodgers has been strident in his defence of controversial Uruguay striker Suarez, who has been booked for diving three times since he joined Liverpool at the start of last year.

Rodgers blasted referee Mike Jones for not awarding Suarez a penalty against Norwich last month.

When the Uruguayan was clearly seen to have dived the following weekend against Stoke City, however, Rodgers claimed not to have seen it.

He continued his theme ahead of today's derby game when he said: 'One of these days, we will get a decision.'

Everton, though, clearly felt Suarez's over-reaction to a tackle in a derby match last season cost Jack Rodwell a red card and Goodison boss "The Chosen One" has hit back at the striker's antics, saying: 'He has history. It will turn the supporters away.'

Rodgers was appointed after Kenny Dalglish created a PR disaster by supporting Suarez in his racial abuse case with Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

But the Ulsterman, who has been mocked as football's answer to fictitious television windbag David Brent from The Office for his appearances in a fly-on-the- wall documentary Being: Liverpool, has also been strident in sticking up for his club's interests.

And he again appeared to try to put pressure on a referee, Andre Marriner, who takes charge of the derby.

'It is so important for the referees to stay calm and not get excited,' said Rodgers.

'I've seen it over the years, some of the tackles in these games is incredible. My last memory was a tackle of [Everton's] Steven Pienaar that was up around the top of the guy's thigh. I don't believe he even got booked for it, which was absolutely incredible.

'So there's a responsibility there for the refs to make sure it's a football game and not a rugby game.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224132/Rodgers-told-stop-attacking-referees-Liverpool-boss-warned-lay-men-black.html

If that is true that BR has been warned about his comments, then it's hypocrisy pure and simple because the likes of Moyes and Pulis haven't been warned for their witch hunt on Luis, not to mention Ferguson and his countless mind games comments.

Edit: This post would have normally gone in the BR thread, but seeing as the subject has been discussed in this thread I thought it would be better to post here instead.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #105: Oct 27, 2012 10:41:54 pm
      Rodgers told to stop attacking referees: Liverpool boss warned to lay off men in black

PUBLISHED: 21:39, 27 October 2012 | UPDATED: 21:39, 27 October 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been warned ahead of the Merseyside derby against Everton that his continual berating of match officials will not help his team's cause.

Referees' chief Mike Riley and his members are angered by Rodgers continuing to claim his club are victimised by officials, regarding it as a tactic to seek an advantage.

Ahead of the crunch match at Goodison Park, the Liverpool boss has defiantly repeated his frustrations over the way his club's games are officiated, sarcastically remarking he would have to take a holiday when his striker Luis Suarez got a decision in his favour.

'Brendan Rodgers isn't the first manager to try it on,' said a referees' source.

'He has been reminded that Kenny Dalglish did the same thing as Liverpool manager last season and it didn't work for him.

'It won't work for Brendan, either. There have been phone calls which have relayed that message. It is pretty clear.'

Premier League referees, who are looked after by Professional Game Match Officials Limited, are becoming increasingly resentful at the way they believe they are being used as scapegoats by managers for poor results.

Rodgers has been strident in his defence of controversial Uruguay striker Suarez, who has been booked for diving three times since he joined Liverpool at the start of last year.

Rodgers blasted referee Mike Jones for not awarding Suarez a penalty against Norwich last month.

When the Uruguayan was clearly seen to have dived the following weekend against Stoke City, however, Rodgers claimed not to have seen it.

He continued his theme ahead of today's derby game when he said: 'One of these days, we will get a decision.'

Everton, though, clearly felt Suarez's over-reaction to a tackle in a derby match last season cost Jack Rodwell a red card and Goodison boss "The Chosen One" has hit back at the striker's antics, saying: 'He has history. It will turn the supporters away.'

Rodgers was appointed after Kenny Dalglish created a PR disaster by supporting Suarez in his racial abuse case with Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

But the Ulsterman, who has been mocked as football's answer to fictitious television windbag David Brent from The Office for his appearances in a fly-on-the- wall documentary Being: Liverpool, has also been strident in sticking up for his club's interests.

And he again appeared to try to put pressure on a referee, Andre Marriner, who takes charge of the derby.

'It is so important for the referees to stay calm and not get excited,' said Rodgers.

'I've seen it over the years, some of the tackles in these games is incredible. My last memory was a tackle of [Everton's] Steven Pienaar that was up around the top of the guy's thigh. I don't believe he even got booked for it, which was absolutely incredible.

'So there's a responsibility there for the refs to make sure it's a football game and not a rugby game.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224132/Rodgers-told-stop-attacking-referees-Liverpool-boss-warned-lay-men-black.html

If that is true that BR has been warned about his comments, then it's hypocrisy pure and simple because the likes of Moyes and Pulis haven't been warned for their witch hunt on Luis, not to mention Ferguson and his countless mind games comments.

Edit: This post would have normally gone in the BR thread, but seeing as the subject has been discussed in this thread I thought it would be better to post here instead.

You could not make this sh*t up could you.

They really have got it in for us haven't they.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #106: Oct 27, 2012 10:44:07 pm

WTF?  Has Brendan said anything in the lead up to the derby?  F***ing scum-loving Riley can F**k off.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #107: Oct 27, 2012 10:49:40 pm
      That's Mike Riley for you ! Weedy spineless tw*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8683 
      Reply #108: Oct 27, 2012 10:51:05 pm
      Brendan should just tell Riley to get back to sucking Ferguson's cock.
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #109: Oct 27, 2012 10:54:23 pm
      "attacking referees" ;D wut

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #110: Oct 27, 2012 11:04:21 pm
      Think this is the tightest looking derby in quite a while.

Everton have looked good this season and have built up some real confidence and look pretty solid though not particularly dangerous.

We are clearly just now bearing fruit from Rodger's system so it really is the perfect game to show where we are truly at.

If we can start solidly and put them on the back foot and create some confusion within their back line then we have a very good chance.

I reckon we have to keep our discipline, not get the Ref against us with dubious moments and keep Baines and Fellani out of the game.

If we do this then can see a win but honestly believe its gonna be a draw....1-1.

Keep the faith and remember we are building for the next few years whereas Everton are at their peak and won't be anywhere near this position at the end of season and certainly not next year when we are stronger.

Never enjoy these games!
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #111: Oct 27, 2012 11:11:15 pm
      I read somewhere that Kenny is the only Liverpool manager to win his first game at Goodison (Kenny did it both times), hoping Brendan can add to that tomorrow.

Think we may miss Carroll tomorrow, especially if Fellaini does play.   

After just watching West Ham, we will definitely not miss Carroll. I hate to say it but he is F***ing useless.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #112: Oct 27, 2012 11:28:00 pm
      After just watching West Ham, we will definitely not miss Carroll. I hate to say it but he is f**king useless.

You're not allowed to say this.  Carroll is just not getting the right service.  And Henderson is just not being used in the right position.  And Downing just needs to be moved to left-back.  And Adam was misunderstood.

They're all world-beaters, doncha' know.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #113: Oct 27, 2012 11:39:45 pm
      My dream scenario for tomorrow:

- 0-0 till the 90th minute
      - They get a corner, Phil Neville gets up for a header, Suarez stops the ball going in using his hands
      - We run up the other end, Suarez dives to win a penalty (Yes I just said that, how outrageous! Don't give a sh*te would be funny as f**k)
      - Suarez takes it, cannons off the post, hits Tim fuckingshitecunt Howard in the back of the head, knocks him out & rebounds over the line
      - Suarez runs past of the Gwladys end with a  message under his shirt reading "Small club"
      - Referee immediately blows the whistle & Golem is left in tears again

Lets get this sh*te beat.

sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #114: Oct 27, 2012 11:40:17 pm
      After just watching West Ham, we will definitely not miss Carroll. I hate to say it but he is f**king useless.

Carroll's a donkey. He was magnificent in the FA cup final and that's what gave us all hope, we all forget that for most of last season, he was a donkey.

I won't forgive him for that dive against Newcastle. Donkey.

Quick Reply