Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Officials are ruining our game

Read 32491 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Officials are ruining our game
      Reply #276: Dec 30, 2013 12:04:08 pm
      This has to be the shittest thread I've seen on this forum, I think everyone bitiching on here needs to get a grip. End of the day officials have been making bad decisions since the creation of the game. Do you not think it makes the game more entertaining? I love the controversy it causes between fans, especially in the pubs and the banter it generates is what makes the game unique. OK i understand when it goes against us its f**king awful but how many would stand there and laugh if the same thing happened to man united?? Over the course of the season these things usually balance there selves out

If posting about incompetence to take a decision according to the game's rules  of some football officials is "BITCHING"  than we are happy to bi*ch especially on these last 2 games where LFC came out empty handed  after some sh*t decisions  from the officials, , the offside against city that never was and others in that game ,,, and yesterday eto'o's tackle on henderson the penalty on suarez from the same eto'o
        the (as you call it ) bitching will not bring any points to our table ,But every fan ,of every club "bi*ch"  when a crucial decision is taken not according to rules against his loved club
           And to be denied the right decisions in your favour in to  2 very important  games and away from home is realy devastating

YNWA
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #277: Dec 30, 2013 12:04:51 pm
      Over the course of the season these things usually balance there selves out

Over the course of the season you end with that kind of results : http://www.refereedecisions.co.uk/ref-review-20123-the-team-bias-league-table-the-horrible-truth/ .

(and I'd bet for current season the bias against Liverpool will increase as we may now only be seen as as dangerous as Arsenal by The Ones with Influence).
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #278: Dec 30, 2013 01:50:22 pm
      Rodgers must be chewing his bottom lip off after that last night ,Webb is never going to be called to task over it as he is the fa fcking darling ,.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #279: Dec 30, 2013 01:52:02 pm
      F**k Webb anyway and his South Yorkshire Police arse bandits.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #280: Dec 30, 2013 03:35:33 pm
      Then kindly go away and start you're own thread about how sh*t this one is then

For the rest of us, if it's all the same to you bucko, we'll continue to discuss the obvious problems with officials the entire game has. On how corrupt these officials are, or how totally and utterly inept they are. How it seems to be one rule for Mourinho and Fergie, and one for us. How these things do NOT balance themselves out over a season (Everton away last season anyone?). If you can just shrug and spout 'Oh it's just football referees' when they've basically seen to it that we've dropped from 1st to 5th in just over two weeks then good for you. But have the decency to allow others to voice their opinions as well. I actually think your post is one of the lamest and most pointless I've read on here for a long long time. But I don't go spouting that do I? /facetiousness off

Unless of course you happen to support the mancs, in which case you get all the big decisions. For that, there's Redcafe

Obviously if you got time to sit on here all day talking absolute nonsense, u haven't got much going for ya.  But if you want to really look at corruption, then  look at the broader picture, and don't be a narrow minded tw*t. In what way are these officials any more corrupt than the players u choose to pay and watch. Or the chairman and committee than run our board and The FA and othe governing bodies. You must have your eyes glued shut not to see the bigger picture
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #281: Dec 30, 2013 03:52:58 pm
      This has to be the shittest thread I've seen on this forum, I think everyone bitiching on here needs to get a grip. End of the day officials have been making bad decisions since the creation of the game. Do you not think it makes the game more entertaining? I love the controversy it causes between fans, especially in the pubs and the banter it generates is what makes the game unique. OK i understand when it goes against us its f**king awful but how many would stand there and laugh if the same thing happened to man united?? Over the course of the season these things usually balance there selves out

Oh yeah nothing is amiss here in the league, why the hell did you contribute with this after yesterdays sham? Are you OK about us never going to be able to win the league, because we are being shafted by the officials?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #282: Dec 30, 2013 03:59:16 pm

I can't see how it's possible for a professional linesman of the highest standard to get such an obvious decision wrong. He is perfectly in-line with the last defender, so is therefore aware of the exact defensive line. He also has clear view of Luis Suarez, who executes the through ball, and the runner Raheem Sterling, who is clearly 2-3 yards onside by the time the ball leaves Suarez's foot. It's one of the most appauling decisions I have seen in the game. There are many grey areas in the sport, but this isn't one of them.

So, where is the punishment for the linesman? This decision alone warrants demotion to the Championship. As for the referee, his officiating was equally as poor.

The linesman should be made to attend a refresher course and sit an exam before he is allowed to officiate any game, be it Sunday League or Prem. games.
      The only explanation for misjudging a none-offside decision such as that is he doesn't know the rule, if he does know the offside rule and still gave an incorrect decision questions need to be asked.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013 04:09:21 pm by stuey »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #283: Dec 30, 2013 04:00:49 pm
      Obviously if you got time to sit on here all day talking absolute nonsense, u haven't got much going for ya.  But if you want to really look at corruption, then  look at the broader picture, and don't be a narrow minded tw*t. In what way are these officials any more corrupt than the players u choose to pay and watch. Or the chairman and committee than run our board and The FA and othe governing bodies. You must have your eyes glued shut not to see the bigger picture

anfieldroad; you are an asshole of the highest order. I tell you what: that person you are berating, takes time to follow the club he loves and what important diseases are you curing with the limited amount of time you have to enjoy life?. what have you got "going for ya?". You come across as a self righteous ass cretin that is trying to make excuses for the b***ard officials who screwed us the last two games. Grow a pair and support your team you F***ing turd sniffer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #284: Dec 30, 2013 04:54:32 pm
      Rodgers must be chewing his bottom lip off after that last night ,Webb is never going to be called to task over it as he is the fa fcking darling ,.

And the media darling as well.

He has built a reputation in the media as 'The Best Ref in the Business' for some reason and they are loathed to even suggest he isn't as good as they paint him out to be.

Can any of you lot think of a Ref that is actually good at his job?

The only one who comes to mind for me in recent memory in our games is Michael Oliver. I think that's his name, the young guy who was fourth official last night.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #285: Dec 30, 2013 05:09:54 pm
      I used to think mark halsey was a good ref...
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #286: Dec 30, 2013 05:24:27 pm
      Michael Oliver is a promising ref, but he is susceptible to making bad errors. As in awarding spurs a penalty against hull some weeks back. Diabolical hand ball decision...
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #287: Dec 30, 2013 05:34:58 pm
      anfieldroad; you are an asshole of the highest order. I tell you what: that person you are berating, takes time to follow the club he loves and what important diseases are you curing with the limited amount of time you have to enjoy life?. what have you got "going for ya?". You come across as a self righteous ass cretin that is trying to make excuses for the b***ard officials who screwed us the last two games. Grow a pair and support your team you f**king turd sniffer.

Lmaooo ill email ya me bank balance mate, i know a lot more about the game then u ever will. Your talikng to a person who's played it a pro level, i'm a person who knows professionals who have played for the club. I can tell you things about one of our former players that would make you gobsmacked, I known many of players who actually placed bets on teams they where playing for to get beat. You have know F***ing idea mate, to say that corruption is only  with the officials is so wide of the mark is unreal.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #288: Dec 30, 2013 05:38:55 pm
      Bit of advice for you; learn to debate without getting personal. Try to address the post and not the poster. Attack the post's content and not the author. For example, refrain if you can from calling me a tw*t, or commenting on my lifestyle, insinuating I've got a sad life because I spend all of, oh I don't know, 2 minutes posting on here? Today at least. That last one is pretty impressive seeing as you know next to nothing about me. Or perhaps you did to press my buttons. Press my buttons? I've just had to put up with Lee Mason (corrupt or inept by the way) pressing my buttons all week. So don't bother pal - I'm all buttoned out
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #289: Dec 30, 2013 05:44:07 pm
      Cameras should overrule the official in the penalty area, if the ref or the linesman cannot be trusted to make a judgement on the ball crossing the goal line, how can we have any faith in any game-changing decisions made during play?
      It works fine in rugby which is as fast as footy, there's no problem.
      The only problem is the FA who want to control every aspect of the game, they fought goal-line technology to the bitter end, it was only implemented because of EUFA directives as far as I am aware.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #290: Dec 30, 2013 05:45:36 pm
      Bit of advice for you; learn to debate without getting personal. Try to address the post and not the poster. Attack the post's content and not the author. For example, refrain if you can from calling me a tw*t, or commenting on my lifestyle, insinuating I've got a sad life because I spend all of, oh I don't know, 2 minutes posting on here? Today at least. That last one is pretty impressive seeing as you know next to nothing about me. Or perhaps you did to press my buttons. Press my buttons? I've just had to put up with Lee Mason (corrupt or inept by the way) pressing my buttons all week. So don't bother pal - I'm all buttoned out

If you look at your posting stats pal, they sought of give your lifestyle away :o
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #291: Dec 30, 2013 05:48:02 pm
      Lmaooo ill email ya me bank balance mate, i know a lot more about the game then u ever will. Your talikng to a person who's played it a pro level, i'm a person who knows professionals who have played for the club. I can tell you things about one of our former players that would make you gobsmacked, I known many of players who actually placed bets on teams they where playing for to get beat. You have know F***ing idea mate, to say that corruption is only  with the officials is so wide of the mark is unreal.
      I'll email my bank balance mate = I'm swinging my dick at you, what have you got?

I know a lot more about the game then (it's actually 'than' by the way, not 'then') you ever will
      So you think that somehow makes you a better person and judge than others ? (Which in case you're not following, is BS)

You're talking to a person who's played it at a pro level, i'm a person who knows professionals....and so on
      But so what? Are we supposed to be impressed? Heads up, Rooney, Van Persie, Giggs, Ronaldo, are all pros, and are also cretins of the highest order. They impress me on the green grass, off it? Small men. Empty, shallow, classless.

Keep in mind we've not only said officials are ruining our game through corruption, but also through their ineptitude, so stop banging on about just corruption
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #292: Dec 30, 2013 05:49:44 pm
      If you look at your posting stats pal, they sought of give your lifestyle away :o
      Well, whilst I'm handing out advice to you, here's more

Stop being so gullible and naive
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #293: Dec 30, 2013 05:52:21 pm
      What the hell is the point of the fourth official apart from dealing with subs and getting abuse from managers?

Surely these guys can have a monitor, live and real time, to make a call on decisions in the penalty area and just tell the ref what he has seen through the mics they wear?

It wouldn't even slow the game down as in the Suarez incident yesterday we all seen within a matter of seconds that he got it wrong.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #294: Dec 30, 2013 05:53:55 pm
      I can understand a ref missing a clear foul if he is slightly unsighted,but when he is 10 yards away and is looking directly at the players involved,how the F**k could he not give Suarez a penalty ? it was a foul,whether the ball had gone or not,if it had been at the other end he would have given it,spineless c**t.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #295: Dec 30, 2013 05:54:22 pm
      What the hell is the point of the fourth official apart from dealing with subs and getting abuse from managers?

Surely these guys can have a monitor, live and real time, to make a call on decisions in the penalty area and just tell the ref what he has seen through the mics they wear?

It wouldn't even slow the game down as in the Suarez incident yesterday we all seen within a matter of seconds that he got it wrong.
      You saw how long it took them to install Hawkeye. Decades
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #296: Dec 30, 2013 05:56:12 pm
      Well, whilst I'm handing out advice to you, here's more

Stop being so gullible and naive

This is coming from the person who thinks corruption stops a the officials. Wowser that hole getting deeper. Peace out dude, iv'e gave my 2 cents. Wether you choose to take my points  on board or not is up to you
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      Reply #297: Dec 30, 2013 05:58:32 pm
      This is coming from the person who thinks corruption stops a the officials. Wowser that hole getting deeper. Peace out dude, iv'e gave my 2 cents. Wether you choose to take my points  on board or not is up to you
      Have a nice day/evening
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #298: Dec 30, 2013 06:14:28 pm
      FWIW I don't think the officials are corrupt in the technical sense but a lot are over rated and simply incompetent.
      What they do suffer from is a sub conscious bias to please the big teams and esp those with those called big managers - Maureen/whiskey nose.
      Until the FA start fully rating and assessing their performances it will always be thus.

Quick Reply