Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Need Something to Do!

Read 5497 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Need Something to Do!
      Reply #23: Nov 03, 2012 01:31:21 pm
      Why not try and restore a car?

You could do courses that will teach you everything to help you on the way and I'd even say its quite therapeutic
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Nov 03, 2012 01:44:47 pm
      Thought about teaching at all?  Are the still fast-tracking former 'professionals' into the job if they have relevant experience?
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #25: Nov 03, 2012 02:12:09 pm
      Easier to learn, harder to master.

It's much easier to play chords on the guitar than to play them on bass, so it's easier to create a melody on the guitar.

The bass also has wider frets and fatter strings, so you have to press and hit the strings harder (sorry for bad English).

Then there's 5,6,8,12 string basses, fretless basses etc. if you think that a 4 string is too easy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: Nov 03, 2012 02:53:17 pm
      Thought about teaching at all?  Are the still fast-tracking former 'professionals' into the job if they have relevant experience?

Haven't thought about that to be honest.
      I do some mentoring of young lads who've been in trouble and also give them work experience. A fair few get full time jobs out of it, either with me or a contact. We pay them full wages from the start as well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Nov 03, 2012 02:54:53 pm
      Easier to learn, harder to master.

It's much easier to play chords on the guitar than to play them on bass, so it's easier to create a melody on the guitar.

The bass also has wider frets and fatter strings, so you have to press and hit the strings harder (sorry for bad English).

Then there's 5,6,8,12 string basses, fretless basses etc. if you think that a 4 string is too easy.

That would suit me fine, because my hands and fingers are too big for guitar unless you can get them with extra wide necks.

Quick Reply