Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 45069 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea (LC Rd 4)
      Reply #483: Oct 31, 2012 10:34:48 pm
      Because  if was good enough for Bob Paisley it should have been good enough for Brendan.
      Whether Brendan has the tools available that Bob had is another question but LFC being beaten by Swansea should have been as much as a shock as the hurricane that shook New York.
      Why have our expectations been dumbed down are we still LFC

A lot has changed since Bob was at the club

Lets be a bit more realistic shall we and look at modern day football and the priorities in the game currently

Our expectations have been reduced because we had a top quality squad and manager ripped apart by a pair of leeches 3 years ago and we are still suffering the backlash of that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #484: Oct 31, 2012 10:35:23 pm
      If FSG dont properly back Rodgers in January this is going to end in tears for both FSG and Rodgers
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #485: Oct 31, 2012 10:36:19 pm
      Hes been sh*t the last 3  -4  games. Lucas is a big miss.
      The only passing that really matters is in the final third but Joe does most of his passing in our third. We have Sterling out wide but little penetratinon through the centre of midfield this season will be a struggle
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #486: Oct 31, 2012 10:36:29 pm

Lets be a bit more realistic shall we and look at modern day football and the priorities in the game currently

Our expectations have been reduced because we had a top quality squad and manager ripped apart by a pair of leeches 3 years ago and we are still suffering the backlash of that.

Everything aint Hicks and Gillettes fault, FSG are here 2 years not 2 months
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #487: Oct 31, 2012 10:36:29 pm
      The point is we all know the answer to the first 3 questions, I doubt anyone knows the answer to the 4th question without looking it up.

Obviously we would all like CL mate, but trophies are important and to dismiss them is wrong imo.

I'm not dismissing them and it is important to win trophies but getting into the Top 4 or CL has taken on a very big importance and in reality is more important in the bigger picture than a League Cup or FA Cup
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #488: Oct 31, 2012 10:36:35 pm
      If FSG dont properly back Rodgers in January this is going to end in tears for both FSG and Rodgers

They have to back him but have serious doubts whether they will or not.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #489: Oct 31, 2012 10:37:47 pm
      I think Brendan needs some investment from the owners in January. Our squad is paper thin at the moment and tonight showed it. Cutting the wage bill in the summer really eliminated a lot of the depth that enabled us to go on those 2 cup runs last year. We need top players in and I'd be hesitant to let anyone go, outside of possibly Cole and Downing, because of the simple fact that we don't have many senior players to begin with, regardless of quality. We need huge investment this January, and not by selling to buy.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #490: Oct 31, 2012 10:38:02 pm
      They have to back him but have serious doubts whether they will or not.

If they dont Rodgers will be a lame duck and will end up a scapegoat maybe that is what they want
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #491: Oct 31, 2012 10:38:10 pm

Really? Well our current owners could have rectified it by reappointing him then could they have not?.

I don't like how it's everyone else fault but not our current owners who have had 2 years to put our house in order, there is only so much you can blame H&G,Kenny & Commolli for.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #492: Oct 31, 2012 10:38:16 pm
      So we agree he needs to win one - timescale wasn't imposed by me

The timescale was imposed by Shabs when he said "this season"
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #493: Oct 31, 2012 10:38:44 pm

So we are not LFC then.
      If we cannot put out a team after a manager has spent money in a competetion that get Europa football then we have fallen from a great height since Rafa left.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #494: Oct 31, 2012 10:39:23 pm
      If FSG do not back the gaffer, and he's pushed at season's end, they'd best go into hiding.

I've just got this gut feeling that the gaffer is going to be the fall guy for them.

EDIT: Just read Corbs' post - scarily similar to mine
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #495: Oct 31, 2012 10:40:21 pm
      Everything aint Hicks and Gillettes fault, FSG are here 2 years not 2 months

I don't think people like you or Shabs realise how bad a situation the club was in when the owners bought us !!

You like a broken F***ing record.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #496: Oct 31, 2012 10:40:33 pm
      If FSG do not back the gaffer, and he's pushed at season's end, they'd best go into hiding.

I've just got this gut feeling that the gaffer is going to be the fall guy for them.

So have I Rush, so have I
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #497: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:04 pm
      I'm not dismissing them and it is important to win trophies but getting into the Top 4 or CL has taken on a very big importance and in reality is more important in the bigger picture than a League Cup or FA Cup

Maybe our owners need to realise that then and pump some F***ing money into the club before it's gone for yet another year. Speculate to accumulate .... not dampen down expectation.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #498: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:07 pm
      I don't think people like you or Shabs realise how bad a situation the club was in when the owners bought us !!

You like a broken f**king record.

Christ sake at least keep it confined to the owners thread
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #499: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:23 pm
      Really? Well our current owners could have rectified it by reappointing him then could they have not?.

I don't like how it's everyone else fault but not our current owners who have had 2 years to put our house in order, there is only so much you can blame H&G,Kenny & Commolli for.

So what do you want to happen to BR if he doesn't win a trophy as you have already stated he "needs" to win a trophy this season

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #500: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:25 pm

Which other route other than a Thomas Cook package do you think we will get into Europe this season?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #501: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:27 pm

They do mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #502: Oct 31, 2012 10:41:59 pm

Its everyones fault but the owners as they are still learning.These are people who make millions of dollars in business but need time to appoint people like Ayres and  Jen.
      Kenny was the last chance this club had to restore its past now Brendan has to start all over again with one hand tied behind his back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #503: Oct 31, 2012 10:42:19 pm

Yes but subsequent debate wasn't - context gets lost in this melee
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #504: Oct 31, 2012 10:42:43 pm
      So we are not LFC then.
      If we cannot put out a team after a manager has spent money in a competetion that get Europa football then we have fallen from a great height since Rafa left.

We have fallen from a great height since Rafa left ! It's not hard to notice and its going to take a lot if hard work and time to get back there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #505: Oct 31, 2012 10:42:49 pm

So are you, the f**king owners are great, no they f**king arent, I hold them personally responsible for the mess we are on the pitch at the moment but hey they cut the wage bill, we had a 18 year old youth international up front tonight, we are f**king Liverpool.

We are a bigger mess on the pitch now then we were ever under Hicks and Gillette

Quick Reply