Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Brad Jones
      12 (10.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      61 (53%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (2.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      28 (24.3%)
      Someone else
      11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2012 07:11:46 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?

Read 41591 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?
      Reply #667: Nov 11, 2012 07:33:00 pm
      It would be nice to discuss a game of football here for once without the usual bitchiness between certain posters.

It would indeed.

As you say really interesting how we see the game and the MOTM poll shows much difference by the looks of it.

I'm sure you'll get slated , but I agree with the majority of your points.

Nobodies going to dare slate the boss ;)

Edit: Just seen WAHS making the first tentative steps in questioning JD :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #668: Nov 11, 2012 07:33:16 pm
      Under the circumstances that was a great point.

But I'm embarrassed to call a point 'great'.

Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

12 points from 11 games is wholly unacceptable.  Let's not gloss over that, but today was a well earned point for one of the worst Liverpool performances I've seen in my lifetime of supporting them.

Not too sure it was the worst performance I've seen over 90 minutes but its one of the worst halves I've seen for a long time.

Allen and Sahin were absolutely non-existent and the three centre backs just didn't know what they were meant to be doing. Allen and Sahin getting so over ran caused all sorts of problems as they offered no protection to the defence and no distribution of note to the wing backs or attackers. How we were not out of the game by half time is a mystery and hopefully a sign that our luck is changing.

Very surprised/confused as to why Rodgers didn't change it up before he did. Don't know why he needed to see more of what he seen in the first half as it was pretty much one way traffic.

Once he did change it up we looked comfortable and a lot more organised.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #669: Nov 11, 2012 07:33:19 pm
      Your opinion which you have every right to mate but I didn't see that from him at all.  He made mistakes today, as did everyone, but I thought that was his best game for a long time.
      Oh sure, I'd agree it was his best game for a while, and he looks to be getting back to some sort of form. But he's been that poor of late, the bar wasn't exactly very high.

Not saying he had a stinker, but I think motm isn't exactly accurate. As you say, it's only opinon either way.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #670: Nov 11, 2012 07:35:47 pm
      Under the circumstances that was a great point.

But I'm embarrassed to call a point 'great'.

Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

12 points from 11 games is wholly unacceptable. Let's not gloss over that, but today was a well earned point for one of the worst Liverpool performances I've seen in my lifetime of supporting them.

Did you forget many of the performances under woy or last seasons games against Wigan, Qpr,Blackburn,West Brom,Fulham - All utterly shocking games.

The first half wasnt the greatest but the second half was a marked improvement  and we competed against one of the main title contenders and nearly snuck away with a win
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #671: Nov 11, 2012 07:38:55 pm
      Enrique and Johnson best performers today for us. Tenacious the both of them.
      Sahin anonymous. Not seeing it from him at all at the moment.
      Suarez again in right place at right time. Might have nicked a second too near the end when through on Czek - taken down which was ignored.
      Would agree with Rogers, for where we are at the moment, a good point.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #672: Nov 11, 2012 07:39:14 pm
      That's an interesting point in and of itself; who was man of the match?

All in all, it was a disjointed performance, with each and every player blowing hot and cold. And when I think about it, for his tireless running and goal, I should have given the motm to Suarez.

I think though, given the circumstances and squad we have, we just went to Stamford Bridge, got the lion's share of possession against Mata, Hazard and Co, matched the European Champions all over the park, and were unlucky not to take all 3 points.

Chelsea 1 v 1 Liverpool
      Torres 0 v 1 Suarez
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #673: Nov 11, 2012 07:39:37 pm
      Saw plenty of performances last season worse than the one we produced today.

Just saying like, but its all about opinions.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #674: Nov 11, 2012 07:40:23 pm
      Did you forget many of the performances under woy or last seasons games against Wigan, Qpr,Blackburn,West Brom,Fulham - All utterly shocking games.

The first half wasnt the greatest but the second half was a marked improvement  and we competed against one of the main title contenders and nearly snuck away with a win

Away from home, missing 5 nailed on 1st team players (Reina - Skrtel - Lucas - Borini - Kelly).  We are thin, but our team looks like it is building a decent understanding with one another and only a few new faces in January could add some much needed depth!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #675: Nov 11, 2012 07:41:31 pm
      Many people, myself included, have wondered what Jamie Carragher brings us this season, and have felt he's taken a squad place on younger players.

Well I was wrong to question him. Today he showed what his role is. He's not there to be the defensive leader week in week out. He's there for those one of occasions like today where his mind reads and reacts better than anyone else on the pitch. He had one or two dodgy moments but for his first start against one of the most potent attacks in the league he done very well!

We can laugh at Torres and what he's become, but give Carragher credit, he dealt with him very well.

He wasn't the MOTM, but he was a key player for us today. Well in Carra lad.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #676: Nov 11, 2012 07:42:58 pm
      Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match today, will have to download it to watch it later.

Just watched the goals though, and found it funny to think that Jamie Carragher has now more assists this season than Downing had for the whole of last season ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #677: Nov 11, 2012 07:43:06 pm
      Away from home, missing 5 nailed on 1st team players (Reina - Skrtel - Lucas - Borini - Kelly).  We are thin, but our team looks like it is building a decent understanding with one another and only a few new faces in January could add some much needed depth!

Little bit of a nitpick if I may; is Borini a starter, when he's fully fit, if he is, who is dropped? And no fair saying Suso because he doesn't really start every game ;)
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #678: Nov 11, 2012 07:44:25 pm
      Little bit of a nitpick if I may; is Borini a starter, when he's fully fit, if he is, who is dropped? And no fair saying Suso because he doesn't really start every game ;)

Borini will be a back up player until he can prove his place in the team - i certainly would drop either of the front three for him.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #679: Nov 11, 2012 07:46:03 pm
      Many people, myself included, have wondered what Jamie Carragher brings us this season, and have felt he's taken a squad place on younger players.

Well I was wrong to question him. Today he showed what his role is. He's not there to be the defensive leader week in week out. He's there for those one of occasions like today where his mind reads and reacts better than anyone else on the pitch. He had one or two dodgy moments but for his first start against one of the most potent attacks in the league he done very well!

We can laugh at Torres and what he's become, but give Carragher credit, he dealt with him very well.

Agreed.

Like Paisley said, the first five yards are in your head.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #680: Nov 11, 2012 07:46:16 pm
      Borini will be a back up player until he can prove his place in the team - i certainly would drop either of the front three for him.

Agree with you two.

Borini is going to find it hard getting back in the side especially if we get our wish and add a couple of attacking players in January.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #681: Nov 11, 2012 07:46:49 pm
      Dunno how Johnson ain't on the man of the match nominees. He was man of the match for me thought he was excellent. Thought sterling was good as well. Thought Gerrard had his best game of the season.

Strange game we didn't create much but had loads of possession while Chelsea looked dangerous going forward. Thought a draw was a fair result.

Gutted Suarez couldn't get a better touch at the end.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #682: Nov 11, 2012 07:48:18 pm
      Dunno how Johnson ain't on the man of the match nominees. He was man of the match for me thought he was excellent.

It's why I like to have all the players listed so we have all the options available.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #683: Nov 11, 2012 07:49:25 pm
      Enrique was good I suppose, but also quite irritating at the same time... especially going forward. Slightly surprised he is winning the poll. I thought Jones was MOTM.

Played largely sh*te, was glad to only be losing by one for most of it. Then at the end thought we were unlucky not to have won.

Bizarre game, decent point from one down though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #684: Nov 11, 2012 07:49:38 pm
      Dunno how Johnson ain't on the man of the match nominees. He was man of the match for me thought he was excellent. Thought sterling was good as well. Thought Gerrard had his best game of the season.

Yeah thought Gerrard and Johnson had decent games. Surprised not to see either on the poll.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #685: Nov 11, 2012 07:51:00 pm
      I'm gutted the MOTM couldn't put the ball in the net at the end to win us the game!

Thought he was going to score.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #686: Nov 11, 2012 07:53:21 pm
      I'm gutted the MOTM couldn't put the ball in the net at the end to win us the game!

Thought he was going to score.
      So did I mate, even dropped my can on the floor, wife not very happy!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #687: Nov 11, 2012 07:54:10 pm

Good shout mate.  He made a lot of mistakes but he also had some key moments.  And to be fair, that was in the first half when most of the team were playing poorly.

This is a lad who's legs have gone but got a very clever assist and was up there for every corner!  And he played in Moscow only 4 days earlier.  Good effort today Jamie lad.

Credit where it's due.  He gets a lot of stick but he played his part today.

The 5-3-2 didn't work this year, Brendan changed it and we looked a lot more potent after the change.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #688: Nov 11, 2012 07:54:23 pm
      So did I mate, even dropped my can on the floor, wife not very happy!

Cost me £350 too on a bet!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #689: Nov 11, 2012 07:56:42 pm
      Unlucky mate, but that's our season so far!

Quick Reply