Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Swansea v Liverpool Sunday 25th November KO: 13:30 - All build up here.

Read 10201 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Re: Swansea v Liverpool Sunday 25th November KO: 13:30 - All build up here.
      Reply #46: Nov 24, 2012 07:28:31 pm
      I don't think we are better than these and at home they will be pretty tough. Another draw for me.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Nov 24, 2012 07:58:54 pm
      I don't think we are better than these and at home they will be pretty tough. Another draw for me.

You don't think we're better than Swansea? You kidding?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #48: Nov 24, 2012 08:01:44 pm
      must win game and it will put us 3 points behind Everton.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #49: Nov 24, 2012 08:27:16 pm
      You don't think we're better than Swansea? You kidding?

Did beat us in the league cup and looked very impressive, need to be on our A game, for sure!
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #50: Nov 24, 2012 08:33:42 pm
      This will be a tough game! Hopefully Reds will manage to kill the game off fast enough not to give me another last minute heart attack :D

Suarez may be on the scoresheet, as always :)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #51: Nov 24, 2012 09:04:09 pm
      Pepe

Wisdom
      Skittles
      Agger
      Johnson

Allen
      Gerrard
      Suso

Sterling
      Suarez
      Enrique
      This, or maybe swap Suso for Shelvey.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #52: Nov 24, 2012 09:04:39 pm
      I'm actually not all that confident about tomorrow at all. I'm sure it'll change tomorrow morning tho when I'm reminded of just how good Suarez is! :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #53: Nov 24, 2012 09:20:14 pm
      Excited for this actually.

Really hope we can win, would love four points from this and Wednesday night.

I'd love to see Henderson get a chance, no Suso on the flank though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #54: Nov 24, 2012 09:25:45 pm
      With Wisdom injured then I'd put Enrique at LB and move Glen over. Also have Jonjo back in the sdie at the expense of Sahin who I still don't see as offering much this season.

Reina

Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Allen  Gerrard

Shelvey

Suso  Suarez  Sterling
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #55: Nov 25, 2012 02:51:06 am
      Sick of saying it but tomorrow we are going to win and really push on our season. Bit of optimisim people. Come on Reds!!!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #56: Nov 25, 2012 05:14:00 am
      Having missed the Europa game against Young Boys, this week feels like one of those shitty international breaks, I'm starved of seeing my boys.  Can't wait for it, don't think it's going to be an easy game at all but think we can shade it.

COYR!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #57: Nov 25, 2012 06:25:12 am
       I look forward to us getting 3 points off the TAFFY APPLES,don't let me down REDMEN.Like whyohwhyowhy I also missed the match against Young Boys so go the REDS.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #58: Nov 25, 2012 09:49:24 am
      I look forward to us getting 3 points off the TAFFY APPLES,don't let me down REDMEN.Like whyohwhyowhy I also missed the match against Young Boys so go the REDS.
      Oh less of the fkcin taffy apples or youll   be in front of the fa  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #59: Nov 25, 2012 11:14:21 am
      Having missed the Europa game against Young Boys, this week feels like one of those shitty international breaks

I was at the game on Thursday but somehow get what you are saying. We'll be seeing our strongest team against Swansea and obviously Brendan, by resting players for this game, is showing that we are taking the 'threat' of Swansea seriously... maybe even more so than we did Everton.

I've a good feeling about this; Swansea's home record ain't too good and they will try to play, leaving room for us to attack. Bring it on.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #60: Nov 25, 2012 11:36:57 am
      Lets really push on in the league today.  With a full strength team, lets keep the ball and press them high up the pitch.

We really need pace on the flanks, their main threats have been Routledge, Dyer and Michu this season, so I'd have Wisdom, Johnson at the back with Enrique in the LW spot and Sterling in front of Wisdom to pen them back. Its a pain this game seems to be too soon for Lucas, he would have slipped straight into my squad (probably instead of Gerrard and Allen to go further up the pitch or be switched with Sahin).
      I'm thinking this will be the team today;

Pepe
      Wisdom     Skrtel       Agger      Johnson
                                Allen         
      Sterling    Gerrard     Shelvey     Enrique
                               Suarez

Our weak links are currently Pepe, Gerrard and Allen, i hope they all put in a shift today, or BR needs to identify it early if they're not performing and either i) get others to cover them (not ideal as will loose the attacking threat) or ii) sub them off and switch it about.

This wont be a pushover, and im ready for a really entertaining end-to-end type match.

IBRWT!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #61: Nov 25, 2012 11:43:19 am
      Lets really push on in the league today.  With a full strength team, lets keep the ball and press them high up the pitch.

We really need pace on the flanks, their main threats have been Routledge, Dyer and Michu this season, so I'd have Wisdom, Johnson at the back with Enrique in the LW spot and Sterling in front of Wisdom to pen them back. Its a pain this game seems to be too soon for Lucas, he would have slipped straight into my squad (probably instead of Gerrard and Allen to go further up the pitch or be switched with Sahin).
      I'm thinking this will be the team today;

Pepe
      Wisdom     Skrtel       Agger      Johnson
                                Allen         
      Sterling    Gerrard     Shelvey     Enrique
                               Suarez

Our weak links are currently Pepe, Gerrard and Allen, i hope they all put in a shift today, or BR needs to identify it early if they're not performing and either i) get others to cover them (not ideal as will loose the attacking threat) or ii) sub them off and switch it about.

This wont be a pushover, and im ready for a really entertaining end-to-end type match.

IBRWT!
      not sure about entertaining not if both sides keep passing it around in their own half's.
      We need to be far more aggressive and far more assertive in our play.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #62: Nov 25, 2012 11:46:37 am
      not sure about entertaining not if both sides keep passing it around in their own half's.
      We need to be far more aggressive and far more assertive in our play.
      Swansea aren't as much a "keep it and build" type team anymore, they attack the flanks and it they cant get round the fullback they will just cut it back to Michu / de Guzman to spread it through the other side or find a gap in the middle. I think we will have more possession, but they are a lot more direct.

Hope Luis has had his Weetabix!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #63: Nov 25, 2012 11:49:27 am
      Very much looking forward to this...

First off - lets not go mental when they score - we have been pretty poor at the back and Michu looks like a handfull every time he plays. I cant see a clean sheet this week. However I can see us scoring a few, I just hope that we can get goals from the midfield. Would be great if Gerrard got on the score sheet, and perhaps Sterling too.

I beleive that we will win this, however it will be a tough game. If we win, this will move us up to 8th and concidering the start we have that will mark progress.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2012 11:57:45 am
      Swansea aren't as much a "keep it and build" type team anymore, they attack the flanks and it they cant get round the fullback they will just cut it back to Michu / de Guzman to spread it through the other side or find a gap in the middle. I think we will have more possession, but they are a lot more direct.

Hope Luis has had his Weetabix!

I think Luis will be more than motivated today thanks to their player slagging him off in his book.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #65: Nov 25, 2012 12:11:27 pm
      I think Luis will be more than motivated today thanks to their player slagging him off in his book.

Ashley Williams, the little gobs***e.  I hope Luis totally embarrasses him today!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #66: Nov 25, 2012 12:17:45 pm
      I 3 concerns:
      Can our midfield take the ball away from theirs (Michu can be a pain in the ass if allowed to play freely)?
      Can Suarez keep a cool head, despite all the sh*t tossed at him this week?
      Can our defenders keep a clean sheet?

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #67: Nov 25, 2012 12:25:24 pm
      I 3 concerns:
      Can our midfield take the ball away from theirs (Michu can be a pain in the ass if allowed to play freely)?
      Can Suarez keep a cool head, despite all the sh*t tossed at him this week?
      Can our defenders keep a clean sheet?

I'm going to answer "no" to all those questions. It'll be 3-2 to us despite being overrun in midfield, with our win down to a scintillating and angry hattrick from Luis :D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #68: Nov 25, 2012 12:31:28 pm
      I'm going to answer "no" to all those questions. It'll be 3-2 to us despite being overrun in midfield, with our win down to a scintillating and angry hattrick from Luis :D
      That would do just fine  ;)

Quick Reply