Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger

Read 46362 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger
      Reply #920: Nov 28, 2012 10:48:11 pm
      Sold Torres for 50 million, then bought Suarez and Carroll for 58 (with Babel's sale in there too). I guess it's fair to say only Suarez has worked out.

Then he bought Downing, Henderson, Charlie Adam, Doni, Jose Enrique, and Coates. Which of those is an out and out success? Brendan has had one window , and I think Joe Allen has done fine. He's tailed off a bit the past month or so, but he's been playing out of position since Lucas got hurt.

Maybe Brendan isn't the right manager, but some folks are talking like it's Roy F***ing Hodgson back again.
      Wev'e done the Kenny's buys are sh*t this is now Brendans team and his signings none of whom have done anyhting Allen rarely gets into the opponents half and hasn't scored or had many if any assists .
      Simply put it isn't working he needs to change the personel or the tactics.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #921: Nov 28, 2012 10:48:37 pm
      Brendan needs to come down hard on them, all this its not as bad as it seems bullshit is starting to grate

Realistically we had two players who tried to win tonight the rest should be punished as praising that performance is an insult
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #922: Nov 28, 2012 10:48:42 pm
      RLB, up until this we had been "unbeaten" for a fair amount of games. To bring Rafa up as instilling this "hard to beat" mentality in at Chelsea (who haven't conceded but also have yet to score) and then ignore the run of games we'd had up until Tottenham away (where we haven't won since what, 2007?) isn't really fair.

I do agree that he needs to be more tactically flexible (and he has at times, with 3 centerbacks and flipping the midfield around against Wigan, for example), but I think he's doing fine considering our squad is pretty much dog sh*t outside of a couple of key contributors (one of whom has played 2 games in almost a year now).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #923: Nov 28, 2012 10:49:19 pm
      Pretend for just one moment Suarez doesn't exist.

Then check the stats.

Now how scary is that ? Welcome to the Championship everyone.
      they just cannot see how much in danger this club is if we dont winning games.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #924: Nov 28, 2012 10:50:37 pm
      Wev'e done the Kenny's buys are sh*t this is now Brendans team and his signings none of whom have done anyhting Allen rarely gets into the opponents half and hasn't scored or had many if any assists .
      Simply put it isn't working he needs to change the personel or the tactics.

Hey, you brought up Kenny's buys, not me. And I really think you're being harsh on Allen. He's playing defensive midfield, a position that isn't his best at all.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #925: Nov 28, 2012 10:51:38 pm
      Pretend for just one moment Suarez doesn't exist.

Then check the stats.

Now how scary is that ? Welcome to the Championship everyone.

Eerily similar to when one of Gerrard or Torres was injured.

We've had a sh*t squad all around for quite some time. Once Gerrard began tailing off, we've been falling as well. Going to take some doing to build it back up :(
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #926: Nov 28, 2012 10:54:22 pm
      Hey, you brought up Kenny's buys, not me. And I really think you're being harsh on Allen. He's playing defensive midfield, a position that isn't his best at all.
      didnt you bring up Roy who had 3 more points than Brendan.If he is playing defensive midfield how come we are getting beat so many times.
      I dont think Allen is playing anything like his potential so its up to Brendan to sort it out .If anyone knows his level its him and it isnt great at the moment.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #927: Nov 28, 2012 10:54:22 pm
      they just cannot see how much in danger this club is if we dont winning games.

Not going to win anything without getting some goal scorer's in the squad.

Has F**k all to do with tactics or creating chances has everything to do with Luis needing to carry this team every match and when he is not at his best we lose.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #928: Nov 28, 2012 10:55:14 pm
      RLB, up until this we had been "unbeaten" for a fair amount of games. To bring Rafa up as instilling this "hard to beat" mentality in at Chelsea (who haven't conceded but also have yet to score) and then ignore the run of games we'd had up until Tottenham away (where we haven't won since what, 2007?) isn't really fair.

I do agree that he needs to be more tactically flexible (and he has at times, with 3 centerbacks and flipping the midfield around against Wigan, for example), but I think he's doing fine considering our squad is pretty much dog sh*t outside of a couple of key contributors (one of whom has played 2 games in almost a year now).

While we were unbeaten. When Rafa was in charge didn't we have something like 27 clean sheets over two seasons? I'd rather a 1-0 than a 2-1 as the former means that we are tactically superior in my eyes.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #929: Nov 28, 2012 10:56:29 pm
      Not going to win anything without getting some goal scorer's in the squad.

Has f**k all to do with tactics or creating chances has everything to do with Luis needing to carry this team every match and when he is not at his best we lose.
      We play him so isolated on his own and his goals are usually his own creations he doesn't get many tap in's.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #930: Nov 28, 2012 10:58:24 pm
      didnt you bring up Roy who had 3 more points than Brendan.If he is playing defensive midfield how come we are getting beat so many times.
      I dont think Allen is playing anything like his potential so its up to Brendan to sort it out .If anyone knows his level its him and it isnt great at the moment.

Christ almighty, I just said he's playing a position he's not suited in, of course he's going to get beat more than Lucas. Put Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey there, they will all play below their level because they are not suited to play there. I'm not saying he's been good as Lucas' replacement.

I think anyone with eyes could see the difference between this team with Roy and this team with Brendan. And I didn't "bring him up" so much as make a joke about how it's like he's back at the helm all of a sudden, when the results AND the football were negative, as well as those god awful press conferences.

Anyway, as I've said in this thread and several, he's got a lot of work to do and must do better.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #931: Nov 28, 2012 10:58:25 pm
      We play him so isolated on his own and his goals are usually his own creations he doesn't get many tap in's.

Half his goals this season have been from a couple yards out.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #932: Nov 28, 2012 10:58:43 pm
      The moment we went 2 nil down i actually thought we played well with a fair bit of purpose. Of course its not good enough to go 2 nil down in the first place but over the last few years (maybe more) i have seen us completely crumble at that stage and never look like getting back into it. Tonight, i thought we always could at least grab a draw when i saw us going for it.

Didnt think, and will i never think, that Downing should be at left back. Its not fair on the team or him for that matter. Would've preferred Shelvey instead of Hendo, but apart from those two, i thought the team played ok. Not getting the Gerrard insults for tonights game, but have to agree with it for some of the recent games.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #933: Nov 28, 2012 10:59:40 pm

If you look at the stats this season it is very similar to last in that we create plenty of chances (more than our opponets most of the time) but can't get it in the back of the net.

So sick and tired of saying the phrase "Clinical Goalscorer" . This is the only thing I fault the gaffer for, would have rather kept Adam and Carroll and spent the 25 million on somebody that can put the ball in the back of the net.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #934: Nov 28, 2012 11:03:56 pm
      If you look at the stats this season it is very similar to last in that we create plenty of chances (more than our opponets most of the time) but can't get it in the back of the net.

So sick and tired of saying the phrase "Clinical Goalscorer" . This is the only thing I fault the gaffer for, would have rather kept Adam and Carroll and spent the 25 million on somebody that can put the ball in the back of the net.
      There are 10 outfield players they all have a responsibility to chip in with goals this team seems to think its Luis job to score all the goals.Our midfield need to score more and Shelvey has deficiencies in his game but he can score .goals.
      God its a terrible F***ing mess.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #935: Nov 28, 2012 11:04:19 pm
      Az playing players in their natural positions helps to not concede and to score goals.

Let's say out of daftness we abandon the 433 and play a 4-4-1-1 with Assiadi and Sterling on the wings stretching the pitch and the opponents defense with Sahin/Shelvey/Gerrard playing the hole behind Suarez.

2 central midfielders sitting dictating the play, and then a flat back 4 with two attacking fullbacks and 2 central defenders.

Maybe we'd get a few more goals playing that way.

I dunno ?

But neither will Brendan if he doesn't try.

Its about getting the best out of the players available to you and sometimes it helps with a change of formation.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #936: Nov 28, 2012 11:05:45 pm
      Shearer just called it a "great tackle" on Steven Gerrard.

Dang. They also failed to talk about Gallas' foul on Suarez. Double Dang!

Looked probable penalties on first watch and replay, but I was hoping to see them clearer on Match of the Day. Nevermind then..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #937: Nov 28, 2012 11:09:03 pm
      Shearer just called it a "great tackle" on Steven Gerrard.

Dang. They also failed to talk about Gallas' foul on Suarez. Double Dang!

Looked probable penalties on first watch and replay, but I was hoping to see them clearer on Match of the Day. Nevermind then..

.... and you saw how Downing didn't know what the f**k was going on for their first goal.
      No idea.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #938: Nov 28, 2012 11:10:23 pm
      .... and you saw how Downing didn't know what the f**k was going on for their first goal.
      No idea.

Yep!  ;)

Not a great left back is he...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #939: Nov 28, 2012 11:10:36 pm
      There are 10 outfield players they all have a responsibility to chip in with goals this team seems to think its Luis job to score all the goals.Our midfield need to score more and Shelvey has deficiencies in his game but he can score .goals.
      God its a terrible f**king mess.

They have no goals in them...Gerrard used to but he does not anymore.

Skrtel/Agger will get a few headers a year and Johnson will WOW us 2-3 times.

Henderson has no goals/Downing has no goals/Allen has no goals nor does Lucas/Wisdom/Enrique.

Sterling/Suso/Shelvey might have some goals in them but they are still learning their way.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #940: Nov 28, 2012 11:13:13 pm
      Rodgers thought the players were brilliant tonight.

was he watching a different game from other people?

This is even more worrisome. If he mean what he said, then he still doesn't know what has gone wrong and he just have to refer to this thread, From the sentiments around, I can sense many of us are beginning to loose confidence in BR and can we blame the fans when we are 3 points from the drop zone?

BR continue to play Henderson and Downing and an out of form or a care less Stevie, he's simply asking to be beaten. I'm beginning to see the stubborn side of him, or is it only me. I'd believe AVB would have been smiling when he sees the team sheet with Henderson, Downing and Stevie.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #941: Nov 28, 2012 11:14:24 pm
      This is even more worrisome. If he mean what he said, then he still doesn't know what has gone wrong and he just have to refer to this thread, From the sentiments around, I can sense many of us are beginning to loose confidence in BR and can we blame the fans when we are 3 points sfrom the drop zone?

BR continue to play Henderson and Downing and an out of form or a care less Stevie, he's simply asking to be beaten. I'm beginning to see the stubborn side of him, or is it only me. I'd believe AVB would have been smiling when he sees the teamsheet with Henderson, Downing and Stevie.

Kenny used the brilliant and unlucky card after every loss last year, all he is doing is trying not to destroy what little confidence his squad currently has.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #942: Nov 28, 2012 11:17:24 pm
      I think th squad has a lot of confidence

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/nov/28/tottenham-hotspur-v-liverpool

Not seen the match but statistically ^^^^ it seems like a good game of football with plenty of chances.. What a shame a lapse in concentration early on cost the game.. not long till january now though.Will catch it on LFC TV tomorrow.

Quick Reply