Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger

Read 45664 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger
      Reply #966: Nov 29, 2012 12:00:46 am
      There are 10 outfield players they all have a responsibility to chip in with goals this team seems to think its Luis job to score all the goals.Our midfield need to score more and Shelvey has deficiencies in his game but he can score .goals.
      God its a terrible f**king mess.

Exactly, when BR continue moaning about lack of strking options, I kept saying work on the players on the field to get the goals in the meantime, he can't continue to moan and moan and moan when there're so much he can do. The more he moans and does nothing about it, we'll find that we'll be near to the relegation zone comes Dec and we're as good as there now. Call me knee jerk back then but saw that coming.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #967: Nov 29, 2012 12:10:49 am
      Do the owners make the team play better?
      Players respond better knowing they play for those who care about the club, so I'd say in a small way yes. Ask Barry Fry, Roman Abramovich, Al Fayed. These are owners that care about their clubs, and that rubs off on everyone they employ.

Do they mean officials won't give dodgy decisions?
      Irrelevant.

So long as they're signing cheques and running the business so it's profitable I couldn't give a Monkey's Uncle.
      Whereas I'd say as long as we are in the top four and challenging, I couldn't give a Monkey's. But then, you need cash for that.

Who are only 10 points off the championship - and more importantly, are a lot better off than we are right now, in terms of stability and resources.

Refs have cost us six points so far this season.
      Not scoring due to not being backed by 'stay away' owners has cost us a lot more.

What do you think is going to happen if BR comes out and says "Hello world, I have a bazillion quid to spend"?
      Who is wanting him to say that? Not me.

Look, I'm not saying things are rosey by any stretch of the imagination, nor that there isn't things to worry about
      Exactly what I am saying.

but let's see what January brings us and where we are then.
      I know how this works.

Who is panicking? I'm just a little worried because of the reasons given above.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #968: Nov 29, 2012 12:14:22 am
      Usually read match threads og games I don't see, don't think I'll bother this time.  As per usual, double the pages of a good result thread and with users that rarely pop in to good result threads.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #969: Nov 29, 2012 12:17:16 am
      Usually read match threads og games I don't see, don't think I'll bother this time.  As per usual, double the pages of a good result thread and with users that rarely pop in to good result threads.

I'm not sure thats totally the case tonight Rodders.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #970: Nov 29, 2012 12:22:14 am
      Some serious over-reaction on here to a 2-1 defeat at Spurs. Unbeleiveable really.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #971: Nov 29, 2012 12:29:10 am
      Chin up mate, we are playing some very good football, not seen the match tonight but it sounds like we deserved more. A run of games until January with no top teams. Only 7 points away from 4th Could be a lot worse 

I don't think we are playing that good a football mate. We're keeping it nice and neatly between Skrtel, Agger and Allen but we're not really hurting teams which is why we've only scored more than 2 goals in a League game twice all season - Norwich and Wigan.

As for tonight, I don't think we did deserve more. We, as usual, had plenty of possession but didn't create any real clear cut chances for ourselves. Enrique's swivel shot and Suarez with what would of been similar to the goal he got against Newcastle was the best of it really. Lloris weren't man of the match, so that shows how often we tested him.

The run of games until January is what scares me. I would much rather we were playing City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton because they're the games we seem to get up for nowadays. Playing Southampton at home, has got me dreading another draw. That's just how it is with Liverpool at the moment.

I do agree things could be worse though and if we can start to turn these games against "lesser" opposition into the results we're capable of then by January we will be higher up the table. Though I still won't have any satisfaction in seeing my team fight for fourth.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #972: Nov 29, 2012 12:40:17 am
      Players respond better knowing they play for those who care about the club, so I'd say in a small way yes. Ask Barry Fry, Roman Abramovich, Al Fayed. These are owners that care about their clubs, and that rubs off on everyone they employ.
      Irrelevant.
      Whereas I'd say as long as we are in the top four and challenging, I couldn't give a Monkey's. But then, you need cash for that.
      Who are only 10 points off the championship - and more importantly, are a lot better off than we are right now, in terms of stability and resources.
      Not scoring due to not being backed by 'stay away' owners has cost us a lot more.
      Who is wanting him to say that? Not me.
      Exactly what I am saying.
      I know how this works.
      Who is panicking? I'm just a little worried because of the reasons given above.

I can sum this up in one word. Bullshit. The entire post.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #973: Nov 29, 2012 12:44:42 am
      The thing which is coming back to haunt us is all that transfer on underated players. Cant blame the owners if there is not a lot of money available in the january transfer window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #974: Nov 29, 2012 12:51:20 am
      Cant blame the owners if there is not a lot of money available in the january transfer window.

I can and I will do if it happens.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #975: Nov 29, 2012 12:58:44 am
      I can sum this up in one word. Bullshit. The entire post.

Great comeback! Very informative.

Actually, in one fell swoop your reply here tells me that you are sorely lacking in social etiquette and skillful debate. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

I'd put you on ignore but I think you might be worth some entertainment at least.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #976: Nov 29, 2012 01:03:58 am
      Dissapointment all around is all I could say regarding the match and our situation as a club the great scheme of things.

Travelling Kop was the higlhight big kudos to those that braved the cold and sang their hearts out. Only thing to be proud of at the moment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #977: Nov 29, 2012 01:05:16 am
      Another problem I have with tonight's starting 11.

Most of us seen on Sunday that the midfield three were poor to say the least and that Downing, while not costing us anything, was pretty much anonymous.

Anyone not the slightest bit concerned that the manager didn't seem to feel the same?

Downing and Enrique I wasn't too bothered about as I felt they could do a job on the left but I didn't like the midfield on Sunday and it was terrible again tonight.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012 01:17:18 am by srslfc »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #978: Nov 29, 2012 01:08:44 am
      Another problem I have with tonight's starting 11.

Most of us seen on Sunday that the midfield three were poor to say the least and that Downing, while not costing us anything, was pretty much anonymous.

Anyone not the slightest bit concerned that the manager didn;t seem to feel the same?

Downing and Enrique I wasn't too botherd about as I felt they could do a job on the left but I didn't like the midfield on Sunday and it was terrible again tonight.

Change it with what though mate?

If we're taking it that there's only going to be one change - Henderson out and somebody else in. Who? Sahin is F***ing sh*t and Shelvey just doesn't do it for me, though I seem to be in the minority on that one. Possibly Suso in behind Suarez would of been a better option.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #979: Nov 29, 2012 01:15:45 am

If we're taking it that there's only going to be one change - Henderson out and somebody else in. Who? Sahin is f**king sh*t and Shelvey just doesn't do it for me, though I seem to be in the minority on that one. Possibly Suso in behind Suarez would of been a better option.

The three for me just didn't have any real attacking threat and I include Gerrard in that and I do see Shelvey as someone who can get a goal and also Suso as someone who can pick out a pass. Shelvey for me is a bit ahead of Suso just now.

I don't see us as keeping things tight at the back even by playing two sitting, ie Gerrard Allen and one in front so I would have went something like this

Allen

Shelvey  Suso

Jonjo is still a bit raw and makes mistakes but he des offer a bit of a threat in the final third which is something sorely lacking from midfield at the minute.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #980: Nov 29, 2012 01:30:13 am
      Everything will become rosy again when Lucas returns

Does anyone know where I can find the stats regarding Lucas and points per game before and after his injury?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #981: Nov 29, 2012 01:31:43 am

If we're taking it that there's only going to be one change - Henderson out and somebody else in. Who? Sahin is f**king sh*t and Shelvey just doesn't do it for me, though I seem to be in the minority on that one. Possibly Suso in behind Suarez would of been a better option.

Calling Sahin is sh*t is F***ing comical.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #982: Nov 29, 2012 01:34:44 am
      Everything will become rosy again when Lucas returns

He's become a goalscoring midfielder while he's been out then :f_tongueincheek:

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #983: Nov 29, 2012 01:36:34 am
      Calling Sahin is sh*t is F***ing comical.

You're quite right mate, he's not even as good as sh*t is he. My mistake.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #984: Nov 29, 2012 01:39:16 am
      The three for me just didn't have any real attacking threat and I include Gerrard in that and I do see Shelvey as someone who can get a goal and also Suso as someone who can pick out a pass. Shelvey for me is a bit ahead of Suso just now.

I don't see us as keeping things tight at the back even by playing two sitting, ie Gerrard Allen and one in front so I would have went something like this

Allen

Shelvey  Suso

Jonjo is still a bit raw and makes mistakes but he des offer a bit of a threat in the final third which is something sorely lacking from midfield at the minute.

Unfortunately though mate, it'll take an extremely brave man to drop Gerrard. And even those championing it right now would be questioning the manager if he did and it didn't pay off.

If we were to go with that system though, I'd rather see Gerrard than Allen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #985: Nov 29, 2012 01:48:52 am
      Unfortunately though mate, it'll take an extremely brave man to drop Gerrard. And even those championing it right now would be questioning the manager if he did and it didn't pay off.

It will take a brave man I agree.

Also some who think Stevie should be dropped will question the boss and some won't but that is what the manager is paid to do.

If we were to go with that system though, I'd rather see Gerrard than Allen.

An interesting point as it is the one position I think Gerrard is uited to at the minute but with two ahead of him like Suso and Shelvey but I don't ever see the Brendan dropping Allen.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #986: Nov 29, 2012 01:49:06 am
      A 2-1 loss against a  team who we always loss against ,a team who finishes well above us in past season's, Its not that much a result to worry about.
      Most of us know the reality, we are challenging for a mid table spot. Even owners and managers said that several time. What does that mean? You simply will not win every matches. Take draws like wins and forget the loss's. We had great history doesn't mean that we are going to win every games. We know where we are right now and our squad strength.
       I am confident that BR will bring us into top 8 in 2 or 3 seasons. Be happy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #987: Nov 29, 2012 01:51:12 am

F**k me.  Top 8 in two or three seasons!!

You definitley have nothing much to worry about.

Some of us however have higher standards for this club and I'd hope the manager and owners feel the same.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #988: Nov 29, 2012 01:51:40 am

Oh F**k the irony of those two sentences.

Quick Reply