Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against the Hammers?

Glen Johnson
      118 (82.5%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      9 (6.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (1.4%)
      Joe Cole
      6 (4.2%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.4%)
      Someone else?
      6 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 138

West Ham 2-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match grinfest

Read 48843 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Re: West Ham 2-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match grinfest
      Reply #759: Dec 09, 2012 06:34:11 pm
      Excuse me if not being mesmerised by your constant negativity isn't having a sense of humour.

Just won a really tough away game and you're still moaning (even if it's a disguised moan) about a f**king 20 goal striker.
      you really have had a sense of humour by pass.Bollocks statments without foundation.show me my negative posts becuase everyone today even haltime was positive.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #760: Dec 09, 2012 06:34:13 pm
      I thought Carlton Cole held the ball up very well for them.....never rated him before.
      Our subs won us the game...!
      Pritchy
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #761: Dec 09, 2012 06:34:27 pm
      Well Done Lads, very impressive performance.   :)

Nice to see Joe Cole grabbing a goal, hopefully he will push on from here.

Great Game and hopefully the team will go on a winning run from here, as we are only 2 points behind Arseholenel and 4 points from the Top 4

In Rodgers We Trust
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,496 posts | 233 
      Reply #762: Dec 09, 2012 06:35:16 pm
      To come away and win against a team who probably have the best crossers in the league (along with Everton) showed some character. West Ham played well and our defence was a rock.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #763: Dec 09, 2012 06:35:44 pm
      I thought Carlton Cole held the ball up very well for them.....never rated him before.
      Our subs won us the game...!

He played well.

I thought Diame going off was a turning point in the game. He was having a blinder for them.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #764: Dec 09, 2012 06:36:31 pm
      you really have had a sense of humour by pass.Bollocks statments without foundation.show me my negative posts becuase everyone today even haltime was positive.

Reputation precedes all.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #765: Dec 09, 2012 06:36:52 pm
      great result this
       well done reds
       felt sorry for Stevie for the own goal, in the best game he played lately IMO

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #766: Dec 09, 2012 06:37:50 pm
      If you are going to grab a stick makes sure you grab the right end the other end stinks very much  like your posts which are the only negative ones on here today Kudos to you for that you must be pleased.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #767: Dec 09, 2012 06:38:18 pm
      Love you Reds.

Reina: 7 - Almost saved the pen. Not at fault for the own goal.
      Johnson: 8 - Wow what a goal. Always on the attack.
      Sktrel and Agger: 7.5 - Solid as usual
      Enrique: 6 - Decent but only played about 30 minutes
      Downing: 7 - Played well in both positions. He need to keep believing in himself.
      Lucas: 7 - Quite in attack but his defending is brilliant. He fouls when it is the right time to cut their attack
      Allen: 6.5 - Unlucky for the pen. played well.
      Gerrard: 6.5 - He should have done better for the own goal. Played well. His corners are on the down :/
      Sterling: 7- Brilliant assist but should have score 1 for sure.
      Shelvey: 7 - Playing out of position (know why) but did his best and pressed well for the winner
      Cole: 7.5 - Quite but did brilliantly for his goal. Nice finish. Was a change of fortune from then on.
      Henderson: 7 - Thanks for the assist :)
      Coates: Had no time to impress but did his job. Not to concede late on.

Rodgers: 7.5 - Brilliant subs. Good week for him. 2 wins in the league and qualified for Europe.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #768: Dec 09, 2012 06:38:26 pm
      still waiting for you to show my poor posts today.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #769: Dec 09, 2012 06:38:39 pm
      Brendan deserves a hell of a lot of credit for that sub. Very few would have the balls to take off the Leivameister and put Hendo on but what an inspired change it was.

Well done boys, so very proud tonight.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #770: Dec 09, 2012 06:39:53 pm
      If you are going to grab a stick makes sure you grab the right end the other end stinks very much  like your posts which are the only negative ones on here today Kudos to you for that you must be pleased.

Feel free to quote and shame.

Look back at mine, you'll see that I had a feeling we'd win. Okay, I lambasted Shelvey for not getting a shot on target, but so what?

My reputation isn't that of negativity. I think things through before I post. If I need to be negative, I will, but not just for the hell of it as others tend do to.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #771: Dec 09, 2012 06:40:22 pm
      Kudos to Jonno for his performance today but my MOM is Danny Agger. Blood and guts performance from the Dane that reminded me of Carra in his prime. I thought him and Skrtel were absolutely terrific in a VERY physical game.

Agree with this. Johnno was great today but stood off a few times and let crosses come in from West Ham's left.

Agger and Skrtel defended well today and dealt with a lot of balls into the box and excelled when having to deal with the physicality of the West Ham attacks. Both goals conceded were out of their hands.

Agger my MoM too. How good is it having him playing regularly? Didn't think we'd ever see it happen a couple of years back.

One of the best centre backs in the league Europe.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #772: Dec 09, 2012 06:41:01 pm

Look back at mine, you'll see that I had a feeling we'd win. Okay, I lambasted Shelvey for not getting a shot on target, but so what?

My reputation isn't that of negativity. I think things through before I post. If I need to be negative, I will, but not just for the hell of it as others tend do to.
      dont squirm you accused me of being negative now come on billy big bollocks show the posts.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #773: Dec 09, 2012 06:42:57 pm
      He played well.

I thought Diame going off was a turning point in the game. He was having a blinder for them.

Kenny had him moreless in the bag for us. Monster in the middle of the park
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #774: Dec 09, 2012 06:43:31 pm
      Well Done Lads, very impressive performance.   :)

Nice to see Joe Cole grabbing a goal, hopefully he will push on from here.

Great Game and hopefully the team will go on a winning run from here, as we are only 2 points behind Arseholenel and 4 points from the Top 4

In Rodgers We Trust

Nice, positive first post that fella.

Welcome to the best Liverpool FC forum there is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: LIVE: West Ham v Liverpool
      Reply #775: Dec 09, 2012 06:48:16 pm
      I love Liverpool Football Club!

What a win tonight. What a win! Great attitude to come back and score from being down 2-1 at half. NOT a great performance by any means, but a great effort and attitude. Wonderful 3 points to pick up!

When Brendan said maybe our luck was turning around after Di Natalie's miss, maybe he was right.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #776: Dec 09, 2012 06:48:56 pm
      Glad the lads proved me wrong in the second half. Coming back from a goal down and won the game is never an easy task while West Ham put up a solid performance. Hope we continue our momentum before the transfer window opens. Happiest thing about the match, goals coming from different players. Proves that we can afford not to over rely on Suarez.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #777: Dec 09, 2012 06:49:34 pm
      Well done lads cracking 3 points away from home  :)

Was a bit worried for a time in the second half when we where 2-1 down but all things come good in the end, just goes to show that we don't just need Suarez to score goals, thought that Johnsons goal was a cracking strike from a tight angle and was one of the man of the matches for me.

Felt sorry for Gerrard with the own goal but not to worry (sure he won't be phased by it)

In the top half of the table finally! and 4 points of 4 place

Bring on Villa  ;)
      Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #778: Dec 09, 2012 06:53:27 pm

To be fair , I don't think many of us are negative for the hell of it. Sometimes it's hard to think things through because you're caught up in the moment and it's your team and you desperately want them to succeed.
      Scousers wear their heart on their sleeve , we say things as they are .
      I questioned Brendan , we scored , then we scored another. I'll be questioning more in future !
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #779: Dec 09, 2012 06:56:58 pm
      Brendan's choice of bringing on Cole has backfired massively

Apparently not.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #780: Dec 09, 2012 06:57:24 pm
      Cracking result and one I didn't think we were going to get to be honest.

Well done to Rodgers and the lads for sticking at it and getting the result.

Only one thing really alarmed me in the match and that was Rodgers lack of willing to change anything when West Ham were on top.

There was an element of good fortune for both sides in all honesty, but Diame going off certainly worked in our favour as he was bossing the midfield.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #781: Dec 09, 2012 07:00:38 pm
      Cracking result and one I didn't think we were going to get to be honest.

Well done to Rodgers and the lads for sticking at it and getting the result.

Only one thing really alarmed me in the match and that was Rodgers lack of willing to change anything when West Ham were on top.

There was an element of good fortune for both sides in all honesty, but Diame going off certainly worked in our favour as he was bossing the midfield.
      If our luck is changing we could win the league because we have had 7 years of bad luck if it all comes in one go Lord knows were we will finish the season.

Quick Reply