Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool - post match boxing

Read 43749 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Re: LIVE: Stoke City vs. Liverpool
      Reply #437: Dec 26, 2012 10:40:21 pm
      Just read that this our lowest points total after 19 games played , since they brought in 3 points for a win.
      Sobering thought.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #438: Dec 26, 2012 10:42:29 pm

I think quite a few of us are thinking the same , but hoping we're wrong .
      The total lack of any fight is a genuine concern.
      The lack of fight is worrying.  I hope it doesn't mean (some?) players are losing faith in Rodgers - it can happen, I'm not saying it has, but it's possible.

It's because we have some mentally weak players and players who don't have that fire burning in them. I've said it before, but if we had a team full of Agger's and Suarez's we'd be unstoppable. As it is, Cole, Downing, Henderson, and even Suso and Sterling (even though I love them) just don't show that kind of fight necessary. It's something I argued on behalf of Clint Dempsey when we targeting him, for example. Guy never gives up. We need players with that kind of mentality. Suarez and Agger have that. Most of the squad doesn't, and that's a massive problem.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #439: Dec 26, 2012 10:43:59 pm
      The true reality of the spend figures is the actual net spend.

If you spend £150m adding strength in depth to a team, then that squad will be stronger.

If you recoup £90 odd million and slash £50m off the wage bill in two years, you completely wipe your gross spend out and make the squad weaker.

As were seeing at Anfield.

That's the harsh reality.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #440: Dec 26, 2012 10:44:18 pm
      It's because we have some mentally weak players and players who don't have that fire burning in them. I've said it before, but if we had a team full of Agger's and Suarez's we'd be unstoppable. As it is, Cole, Downing, Henderson, and even Suso and Sterling (even though I love them) just don't show that kind of fight necessary. It's something I argued on behalf of Clint Dempsey when we targeting him, for example. Guy never gives up. We need players with that kind of mentality. Suarez and Agger have that. Most of the squad doesn't, and that's a massive problem.

Maybe why some questioned letting Kuyt and Bellamy go.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #441: Dec 26, 2012 10:44:45 pm
      Poor defending seem to cost the side tonight. I watched the game in my mate's, thought the side played poorly on the whole. Must improve do not want too be embaresed against lowly QPR on Sunday.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #442: Dec 26, 2012 10:45:33 pm

Maybe why some questioned letting Kuyt and Bellamy go.

Kuyt had that clause and wanted to leave, Bellamy was let go for compassionate reasons.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #443: Dec 26, 2012 10:45:43 pm
      Just read that this our lowest points total after 19 games played , since they brought in 3 points for a win.
      Sobering thought.

:(

Right, where did I put that bottle of JD?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #444: Dec 26, 2012 10:46:19 pm
      :(

Right, where did I put that bottle of JD?

You have JD in a bottle?! That must be why I don't see him posting as much....
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #445: Dec 26, 2012 10:46:43 pm
      211 posts over 2.5 years and a -5 rating along with your post tells me all I need to know about your contribution to this board and you in general.

Kibble is down the road troll, shove off  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

i forgot if you make 3787 posts your a knowledge person have you ever watched a game live, you seem to just critise other people rather than say something constructive ive probably been to wembley more with liverpool than youve been to anfield
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #446: Dec 26, 2012 10:48:01 pm
      The true reality of the spend figures is the actual net spend.

If you spend £150m adding strength in depth to a team, then that squad will be stronger.

If you recoup £90 odd million and slash £50m off the wage bill in two years, you completely wipe your gross spend out and make the squad weaker.

As were seeing at Anfield.

That's the harsh reality.

That's exactly the point I am making to George and his misleading argument. Anyone can paint a picture with one half of the facts.  :roll:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #447: Dec 26, 2012 10:48:44 pm
      It's misleading if you omit the figure recouped on sales. Like I said, you won't do that because it doesn't suit your argument.

We spent £140 mil on players and have one top quality player to show from it - Suarez

there is nothing misleading about it at all

Only two clubs have spent more i understand both Gross and Net.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #448: Dec 26, 2012 10:50:34 pm
      Once we went 3-1 down, didn't think we'd get back in it (sacrilige, eh). When other teams go 2 down, the kitchen sink gets thrown up top - but do we?!- no, we keep passing it across the middle and leave Suarez fightin off 2 big fuckers in the centre. When we go behind these days I don't see fire and brimestone trying to get back into it, we don't seem to have another gear, and that is getting pretty F***ing frustrating. In some ways it's admirable, when you go behind, don't panic, keep your shape and believe that you will get the breakthrough. But more often than not, we don't. Sure, if we sign Messi, Xavi and some lads like that, that's plan could work out...otherwise push more men up and get the ball up quicker!!!!

Have been cutting BR plenty of slack, but gettin wholloped 3-1 by Villa at home (who then go on to concede 12 goals in 2 games) and now Stoke, has put things right back into perspective.

Believe it or not I still think we were the better team tonight *in possession*, tidier.  But F**k I'm tired of saying we don't commit 1) enough players forward and 2) quickly enough. Teams have time to get men behind the ball as we build up slowely, waiting for guys to get forward. It's too predictable. As there is always the risk that a bunch of big 6'3'' fuckers from Stoke will throw a long ball into the area, get a flick on, knock one in, and it's pretty much game over.  Toooooooo easy.

Signing a couple of forwards can't be bad though, it should give us more cut up front. But are they the *real quality* signings we should be looking to, or are we so F***ing desperate to get some fresh striker blood in, we're just glad to have em. It's the latter for me. Don't need a PhD to see we've been crying out for more options up front. Just hope Sturridge hits the ground running (I know F**k all about the Ince lad).
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #449: Dec 26, 2012 10:50:44 pm
      211 posts over 2.5 years and a -5 rating along with your post tells me all I need to know about your contribution to this board and you in general.

Kibble is down the road troll, shove off  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

What a cock you are, judging someone on how popular their posts are....did you post how superb we were tonight?
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #450: Dec 26, 2012 10:52:56 pm
      gross or net we have bought some sh*te, for massive money henderson,downing,carroll, joe cole(massive wages) allen, borini, the list goes on
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #451: Dec 26, 2012 10:55:02 pm
      Sobering thought.

Ouch!  But joint lowest I think - equal to Roy's first 19?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #452: Dec 26, 2012 10:56:24 pm
      What a cock you are, judging someone on how popular their posts are....did you post how superb we were tonight?

Not at all, thought we played poor, I just bring out the troll food after losses because I know they get hungry!

Public service and all that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #453: Dec 26, 2012 10:56:44 pm
      gross or net we have bought some sh*te, for massive money henderson,downing,carroll, joe cole(massive wages) allen, borini, the list goes on

Allen started off very well, but got a bit flat the more he played DM. He's a good player who will prove his worth.

Borini has played 5 games in the league, starting only once as a striker and the rest playing wide. He's got what, like 10 or 11 total appearances.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #454: Dec 26, 2012 10:57:50 pm
      Beyond depressing especially as I raved about the Fulham game.

Expectations lowered.

Again.

Questions are now going to be asked.  There is faith and there is blind faith.

Transition .... bedding in ....... giving the system a chance ...... be patient ........... f***ing   BOLLOCKS !

Thats complete sh*te.

We are a Premier League Football Club with unparalleled history  ....and  floundering .

How many seasons of the EPL have the Scum sat in this position half way through the season?
      How many of their teams have evolved in that time down the East Lancs?
      Thats the last comparison I ever thought I would make.

What is really scary is that when Stevie and Carra retire we will lose our DNA.
      A mid ranking team of individuals ran from the States ?

Ssshhhhhhh...

Ps   AVB 4th
            Clarke  6th
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #455: Dec 26, 2012 10:58:32 pm
      Right , enough is enough , off to bed to dream about Champions League nights at Anfield and Champions League finals . Seems an awful long time ago , and could be a long time before we experience things like that again.
      Sad , but a reflection of where we are now! Will have to keep dreaming.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #456: Dec 26, 2012 11:01:13 pm
      Not at all, thought we played poor, I just bring out the troll food after losses because I know they get hungry!

Public service and all that.

your the troll all your posts are aimed at other users, it is a discussion forum i believe so thats what i was discussing how sh*t we have been this season lowest points total ever at xmas stats dont lie do they let me know o great one
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #457: Dec 26, 2012 11:01:49 pm
      Beyond depressing especially as I raved about the Fulham game.

Expectations lowered.

Again.

Questions are now going to be asked.  There is faith and there is blind faith.

Transition .... bedding in ....... giving the system a chance ...... be patient ........... f***ing   BOLLOCKS !

Thats complete sh*te.

We are a Premier League Football Club with unparalleled history  ....and  floundering .

How many seasons of the EPL have the Scum sat in this position half way through the season?
      How many of their teams have evolved in that time down the East Lancs?
      Thats the last comparison I ever thought I would make.

What is really scary is that when Stevie and Carra retire we will lose our DNA.
      A mid ranking team of individuals ran from the States ?

What is your solution?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3957 
      Reply #458: Dec 26, 2012 11:02:19 pm
      Net spend doesn't excuse wasting over £100 million on poor players.

It doesn't excuse getting out fought by Stoke or a bunch of kids at Villa !

Both our net spend and gross spend is bigger than most of the prem bar two teams !!

Everytime we lose its straight to blame then owners and demanding of more money.

So we blame anyone but the owners for the mis-management of LFC?
      What are the mistakes they admit themselves to have made and are very possibly still erring?
      Yet you strive to convince us that everybody else is to blame - manager's past and present appointed by the owners for the most part who do not seem to have any idea regarding the infrastructure of a Prem. League football club.
      The longer this situation prevails the more apparent it is that LFC to them is a steady investment, steady being the operative word. It holds it's value even when the product itself performs badly, how many investments increase the market value in spite of the product under performing?
      FSG are currently up on their initial stake and as far as they're concerned substantial investment is not needed.
      Criticism from the fan base is well in order given that silhouette of the owners aspirations for LFC, the operative word in this case is 'fan' or supporter and if you are content with our owners conduct that seem to preclude from those two groups.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #459: Dec 26, 2012 11:02:54 pm

Buy better players who are technically gifted and mentally strong. Easier said than done of course.

Quick Reply