Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4265977 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17526: Aug 25, 2014 08:44:10 am
      Sign Alonso! Di Maria is a really good player, and maybe one of the best players of the EPL when he signs. Only Ozil, Fabregas and Hazard are close to his level. He is worth 50mil if Torres was... It seems to be a fair deal for both R.Madrid and Man U although  I doubt ManU needed him.

There is no way Ozil is anywhere close to the level of Hazard or Fabregas. He doesn't have the physicality or work ethic to show his abilities in the PL. And it's very possible this could be the case for Di Maria as well who is a very slight player physically much like Ozil. Give me Sterling over Di Maria all day.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17527: Aug 25, 2014 01:55:31 pm
      Why have I got the weird feeling we still haven't finished in the transfer market and another surprise may be on it's way?
      Think the club is serious this year, big time.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #17528: Aug 25, 2014 02:16:05 pm
      Why have I got the weird feeling we still haven't finished in the transfer market and another surprise may be on it's way?
      Who would you like to see come in mate? (Obviously keeping within the boundaries of realism i.e. not Messi)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #17529: Aug 25, 2014 02:20:25 pm

I have this feeling too that we are looking for another deal to do. We might sign someone out of the blue by next week. Maybe another winger or CM ideally.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #17530: Aug 25, 2014 02:27:04 pm
      I think after Balo we will have brought in all the players we're going to.

i can see a handful of players leaving (probably on loan cos no one buys our players these days)

My transfer deadline day has been ruined already, i wouldnt want to be the reporter who has to stand outside the empty melwood/anfield ;D
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #17531: Aug 25, 2014 02:30:49 pm
      Who would you like to see come in mate? (Obviously keeping within the boundaries of realism i.e. not Messi)

I think thare are plenty of good deals which can be done. I would not be surprised to see Khedira leave Real and there are plenty of good players who can leave if the right offer comes in. I would peronally try to get Song or Khedira now.

El Sharaawy or Luis Muriel if the manager thinks they can regain their form. I'm not saying we are linked to these players or that we are looking for more players, but we can still do something before the 1st September.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17532: Aug 25, 2014 02:57:29 pm

Apart from the obvious back up keeper being somewhere we could strengthen.
      I think Khedira would be ideal, a position that's really important and he's the finished article/first team player.
      Still think we may be after Cavani maybe, he'd fit in well now seen as we've got Balotelli i'e he has people around him to create movement and it won't be all down to him to be the main man.
      May be being greedy with wanting another striker but it could be the difference between trophies or not.
      Perhaps Konoplyanka may still happen, no real link but we were in for him not so long ago, has he became a crap player in the meantime?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17533: Aug 25, 2014 02:59:19 pm

Who would you like to get in? What areas do you think we may need extra quality?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17534: Aug 25, 2014 03:00:35 pm
      I think we are pretty much finished other than possibly a backup keeper. I don't think Brendan wanted to be pushing right up until deadline day again as in years past.

Pretty good window all things considered. Job well done and we can concentrate on playing football how and forget about transfers till the winter (where there probably won't be many anyway).
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #17535: Aug 25, 2014 03:14:02 pm
      Who would you like to get in? What areas do you think we may need extra quality?
      I'd like to see us sign a proven centre mid, Khedira has been mentioned already and i'd be all for the return of Xabi. Gerrard isn't going to manage 50+ games imo and i'd be delighted to have either of these 2 to rotate. Alex Song as a back up, not as talented but probably more realistic. Begovic as a back-up keeper. With that, i'd say we could win this.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17536: Aug 25, 2014 03:30:45 pm
      I'd like to see us sign a proven centre mid, Khedira has been mentioned already and i'd be all for the return of Xabi. Gerrard isn't going to manage 50+ games imo and i'd be delighted to have either of these 2 to rotate. Alex Song as a back up, not as talented but probably more realistic. Begovic as a back-up keeper. With that, i'd say we could win this.

Yeap our midfield choices are pretty great now, maybe one more seen as Lucas may be off.
      If you wanted to replace what Gerrard does in his new position then Xabi would probably be the ideal player to share the load; Spray the passes about recycle possession etc.
      It'll be an interesting few days, we've done wonders so far and there may still be a surprise too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17537: Aug 25, 2014 04:04:12 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17538: Aug 25, 2014 05:20:29 pm
      Expecting sales to pick up now. Agger, Assaidi, Borini, Coates, Robinson, Johnson and Lucas might be the casualties.

Immense transfer window! A back-up GK and another midfielder possibly pending to complete a REALLY good squad. And to think, we'll almost break-even if these sales go through, makes it BOSS!
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014 05:36:09 pm by Vicks86 »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17539: Aug 25, 2014 06:44:33 pm
      I know he's not really FSG material, but if he is available I'd really like to see us go for Xabi Alonso. He and Gerrard play practically the same role these days so one of them would like as not always be available, and he's also a fantastic professional who would be a huge influence on our younger players. Not only that, but he definitely "gets" what we're about, and I've a feeling he would like nothing more than to end his career helping us to win the title for the first time in years.

I know we've spent cash and his wages wouldn't be cheap, but I'd really like to see us try and get Xabi. One things for sure, the first time Stevie isn't available for either a Champions League game or a league game we'll realise that we currently have nobody else who is capable of playing in even a similar fashion, never mind in the same way. 
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #17540: Aug 25, 2014 07:15:31 pm
      Milan Channel reports that Milan probably will sign Torres or Borini. Van Ginkel is also likely to be signed on loan.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #17541: Aug 25, 2014 07:16:52 pm
      Everton snapping up Eto'o..?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #17542: Aug 25, 2014 09:00:25 pm
      Milan Channel reports that Milan probably will sign Torres or Borini. Van Ginkel is also likely to be signed on loan.

Torres wants £8.5 mil from Chelsea to leave so I would say Borini looks a better bet.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #17543: Aug 25, 2014 10:06:00 pm
      We should be going after another keeper. Migs has got some outstanding reflexes and is decent overall, but think his positioning and command of the back line is not that great. We shouldn't be behind Tottenham and Everton in the GK department
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #17544: Aug 25, 2014 10:19:45 pm
      I know he's not really FSG material, but if he is available I'd really like to see us go for Xabi Alonso. He and Gerrard play practically the same role these days so one of them would like as not always be available, and he's also a fantastic professional who would be a huge influence on our younger players. Not only that, but he definitely "gets" what we're about, and I've a feeling he would like nothing more than to end his career helping us to win the title for the first time in years.

I know we've spent cash and his wages wouldn't be cheap, but I'd really like to see us try and get Xabi. One things for sure, the first time Stevie isn't available for either a Champions League game or a league game we'll realise that we currently have nobody else who is capable of playing in even a similar fashion, never mind in the same way.
      Think Alonso would be a good shout actually. He's not as mobile as Stevie but he's arguably more astute defensively. Other than that, they have fairly similar skill sets for that position and he'd be a great option to have.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #17545: Aug 25, 2014 10:41:08 pm
      Unless Lucas suffered an injury it looks like he's off as he wasn't even on the bench today.

If he does go we would need to bring in another midfielder IMO. As I don't think Can, Allen, Henderson and Gerrard will be enough throughout a season. None of them are proper defensive midfielders either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17546: Aug 26, 2014 12:40:05 am
      Unless Lucas suffered an injury it looks like he's off as he wasn't even on the bench today.

If he does go we would need to bring in another midfielder IMO. As I don't think Can, Allen, Henderson and Gerrard will be enough throughout a season. None of them are proper defensive midfielders either.

Can's best position is supposedly defensive midfielder, would like to see how he fairs in the defensive role. Also, another player I'd be interested to see play there would be Allen. He's tenacious, has a good burst of acceleration and good composure, I think he'll do a job there.

I actually think we'll be OK If we revert to 2 sitting midfielders or 1 defensive(not Gerrard) and 1 box-box/deep lying playmaker with either, Lallana, Sterling or Coutinho in the #10 role. I feel It'll be more balanced than our current setup.
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #17547: Aug 26, 2014 03:21:23 am
      If we can add Song then I am fine with moving Leiva. I like Lucas of course, but Song is quicker, bigger and stronger.

I think that the lack of rumours about a new keeper may indicate that another shocker is coming.

If you add Sakho from the last window, we have added a team worth of players that could probably challenge for the top 4 on it's own in the last two windows.

Unbelievable really.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #17548: Aug 26, 2014 05:26:19 am

Papers are saying Napoli is going to hold out until they secure a UCL group stage spot before they agree to the loan deal. I just think Lucas time at the club is up and a fresh start in a different league might turn around his career as based on last season and first game he simply doesn't have the legs to be effective

Quick Reply