Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4285381 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32131: Aug 21, 2017 03:35:45 pm
      Sorry my aim is PL title...Top 4 is good, but we are not Arsenal.

Well sorry to disappoint you but until we get bought by a middle eastern country then you won't get instant success but we have a tremendous bunch of youngsters breaking through and a manager who is nothing short of inspirational, so i say hang around because great things are coming, maybe not this year or even the next but we will WIN the league under JĆ¼rgen
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #32132: Aug 21, 2017 03:38:52 pm
      Well sorry to disappoint you but until we get bought by a middle eastern country then you won't get instant success but we have a tremendous bunch of youngsters breaking through and a manager who is nothing short of inspirational, so i say hang around because great things are coming, maybe not this year or even the next but we will WIN the league under JĆ¼rgen

Stop talking about instant success. FSG has been here for what...8 years now. I'm not sure where you reside, but nowhere that I've ever lived, or traveled does anyone consider 8 years as "instant".
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32133: Aug 21, 2017 03:46:54 pm
      Don't you think that's leaving things a little bit late considering how slow we are to make deals?

Absolutely but what can we do?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #32134: Aug 21, 2017 04:23:13 pm
      Stop talking about instant success. FSG has been here for what...8 years now. I'm not sure where you reside, but nowhere that I've ever lived, or traveled does anyone consider 8 years as "instant".

They've always had good excuses up until now.  Hodgeson needed to go, but Kenny was only a temporary fix.  The way he was let go left a lot to be desired, but they had my support because I was sold on the "long term" vision.  Brendan was their 1st choice -- a young, up-and-coming manager who could build a title winning team over time....  That didn't work out, and I'd call that their 1st big failure -- many supporters (myself included) gave them a 2nd chance.  They seemingly got it right with Klopp -- he has the charisma, the CV, got us to 2 finals and then back into the CL.  The upward trajectory should continue this season, but we need more quality.  Our whole campaign almost came off the hinges when Mane left for the ACON.  We are desperately short of quality depth, but ironically we are not short on cash.  When teams like Palace can spend 30M on Benteke, or Everton 45M on Siggy, there is no f**king excuse for LFC not being able to throw our weight around and sign some f**king players.  They have 10 days to save themselves, but I'm not holding my breath any longer....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32135: Aug 21, 2017 04:30:19 pm

zzzzzzzzzz, we already covered this, I  only consider time since Klopp arrived, you consider time since FSG took over
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #32136: Aug 21, 2017 04:30:23 pm
      They've always had good excuses up until now.  Hodgeson needed to go, but Kenny was only a temporary fix.  The way he was let go left a lot to be desired, but they had my support because I was sold on the "long term" vision.  Brendan was their 1st choice -- a young, up-and-coming manager who could build a title winning team over time....  That didn't work out, and I'd call that their 1st big failure -- many supporters (myself included) gave them a 2nd chance.  They seemingly got it right with Klopp -- he has the charisma, the CV, got us to 2 finals and then back into the CL.  The upward trajectory should continue this season, but we need more quality.  Our whole campaign almost came off the hinges when Mane left for the ACON.  We are desperately short of quality depth, but ironically we are not short on cash.  When teams like Palace can spend 30M on Benteke, or Everton 45M on Siggy, there is no f**king excuse for LFC not being able to throw our weight around and sign some f**king players.  They have 10 days to save themselves, but I'm not holding my breath any longer....

Pretty much the arc of my opinions on them as well Harry.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #32137: Aug 21, 2017 04:30:49 pm
      zzzzzzzzzz, we already covered this, I  only consider time since Klopp arrived, you consider time since FSG took over

Well at least you are willing to admit that you revise history to suit your own agenda.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32138: Aug 21, 2017 04:36:34 pm

Do you really think they don't want to spend money, if so why? By why I mean why would they not want to spend the cash, its not as if they are taking the money out to give to themselves so why wold they not invest it in players? Is it not more probable that Klopp only had a few targets and still expects to land them? If they are not landed is not the blame on Klopp and/or TC for not having multiple options for each position rather than the owners who have proved that they were willing to back their manager with big bids for Keita
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32139: Aug 21, 2017 04:38:48 pm
      Well at least you are willing to admit that you revise history to suit your own agenda.

No revision at all FL Red, just a difference of perspective if you can get your head around that concept. Do you really not recall us discussing this previously and me agreeing that FSG has screwed up in the past but that I have mostly seen positives from them since Klopp came in, or at least not found any significant reasons to blame the owners.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32140: Aug 21, 2017 05:17:53 pm
      Mag's, irrespective of CL football this club needs an injection of quality. Take away CL football for a moment. We finished fourth last year and got nowhere in the cups. That in itself tells you, that to make gains on fourth - to have a go and actually challenge for the title, for the third time this millennium additions were much needed. Completely irrespective of Champions League football.

Now, Champions League is added into the equation, but now not quite until we see off the Hoff. It seems, that there is sand shifting beneath the feet and the goal posts picked up and moved a quarter of a mile down the beach. The goal posts are always moving, first it was May, then June, then July, then it's we've now got to wait to see if we can get through the knock out stage now. It's bollocks fella, what will it be next, wait until the January transfer window ad nauseam.

If there aren't people moving the goal posts, then there's another bunch who are trying to kid themselves that this window is "satisfactory" and "OK". I just cannot see any of this from either lens, no matter who says it. Klopp himself which is the most alarming and worrying thing of all, about his squad being good enough and finding it hard to get better replacements. Or the minions (and if fairness there aren't that many), that follow his lead through blind faith because they think they have to, to uphold the Klopp-tastic-ness of it all.

I been saying I'll judge at the end of the window. I'm worried about what may happen but my last hope is that we are waiting to qualify for the champions league because that's what the players we are wanting to bring in want to have.

If nothing happens after that, it's just utterly unacceptable
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32141: Aug 21, 2017 05:18:48 pm
      Do you think in early July when Klopp said we all need to be patient regarding incomings: ā€œSometimes you need to be patient and thatā€™s what we are in the moment ā€“ to wait for the right moment and then we will see what happens,ā€ said the German.
      he was talking about after the CL qualifiers?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-klopp-dijk-keita-13288959

Because we bid twice for Keita after that.

If that is the plan, that leaves a very short amount of time to make the purchases. I realize they may have lined some things up, but the way the whole market has gone this summer, points to a lot of late business being done at the last, and that raises the possibilities for snap decisions and moves that later bring regret.

Maybe there is a secret plan somewhere, and I certainly think we need some quality adds, but to me, the signs point to this being our team for the season.

The only thing I can think of is players like Keita or VVD won't sign anything until we are definitely in the Champions League?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #32142: Aug 21, 2017 05:20:32 pm
      The only thing I can think of is players like Keita or VVD won't sign anything until we are definitely in the Champions League?

But VVD was supposedly ready to sign back in late June/July. The only reason (we are told) that we didn't bid is because Southampton were going to "report" us for tapping him up. So I just don't see where we are going to bid all of the sudden after our stupid apology statement and Southampton certainly aren't going to just say "Hey...please bid on our player after we huffed and puffed and played Billy Big Bollocks for all of our supporters". The noise around the Keita move was that he was also pushing to come here and that's before we even played a qualifier. I personally don't believe this game on Wednesday means anything for our targets but I'm sure hoping it does.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32143: Aug 21, 2017 05:28:56 pm
      But VVD was supposedly ready to sign back in late June/July. The only reason (we are told) that we didn't bid is because Southampton were going to "report" us for tapping him up. So I just don't see where we are going to bid all of the sudden after our stupid apology statement and Southampton certainly aren't going to just say "Hey...please bid on our player after we huffed and puffed and played Billy Big Bollocks for all of our supporters". The noise around the Keita move was that he was also pushing to come here and that's before we even played a qualifier. I personally don't believe this game on Wednesday means anything for our targets but I'm sure hoping it does.

A few journalists mentioning that our relationship with Saints is no where near as bad as it is being made out, which makes sense as they are a business just like us.

If the above is true then it all points towards them getting in a replacement first and also placating the Saints fans.
      F***ing hope so at least.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32144: Aug 21, 2017 05:39:16 pm

Yea I'm in the hoping camp now too
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #32145: Aug 21, 2017 07:38:38 pm
      Yea I'm in the hoping camp now too

Yep.  12 weeks ago I was confident that we'd have a significantly stronger side this term than last.  That confidence is quickly fading....  I'm still hoping that they make it right -- that we get the players required to challenge for domestic and European trophies.  They've got 10 days to make good.  Time to nut up, or shut up....
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32146: Aug 21, 2017 07:49:22 pm
      A lot of worried posts in here now, as reality sets in.

But remember lads it's only May June July early August late August!!

Take a chill pill and meekly accept yet another pathetic summer window like the good little customers you are!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32147: Aug 21, 2017 07:50:23 pm
      A few journalists mentioning that our relationship with Saints is no where near as bad as it is being made out, which makes sense as they are a business just like us.

If the above is true then it all points towards them getting in a replacement first and also placating the Saints fans.
      F***ing hope so at least.

Of course it's not as bad as people make out.

These people are professionals, and only idiots hold grudges when dealing with millions of pounds.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #32148: Aug 21, 2017 09:00:00 pm
      A lot of worried posts in here now, as reality sets in.

But remember lads it's only May June July early August late August!!

Take a chill pill and meekly accept yet another pathetic summer window like the good little customers you are!

Looking like you, Mick, BBB, etc have been right all along... :(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #32149: Aug 21, 2017 10:03:48 pm
      Well another day gone by with nary a hint that we are going to try and be active in the last 10..errr 9 days  of the window. This is utterly amazing. Do we go through some sort of allergic reaction when we qualify for CL where we just can't spend money?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32150: Aug 21, 2017 10:39:38 pm

We were also right last summer too.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32151: Aug 21, 2017 10:50:44 pm

Don't give a f*** about any of that. If I am right it only 20% makes up for the hundreds of times I was wrong.

From here my hope is that the fans rise up on forums, phone ins throughout the world and the FSG PR machine gets the message loud and clear that the natives are getting beyond restless. For every one Heimy there are plenty who are seeing it for what it is and are saying so.

I think Jurgens got to play his part too and reluctantly swallow his pride a bit. If HE has an idea of alternatives to VVD and Keita (and he must surely have a couple, if not read on here there are plenty of suggestions) then there is still time to do something, particularly as we are f*cking awash with money. Fair enough to him for telling them to stick their transfer committee suggestions up their @rses, but we NEED some players. Hopefully there's still time.
      Kopite78
      Reply #32152: Aug 21, 2017 10:54:58 pm
      Psg killing football

Now apparently agreed 201m deal for Mbappe and Fabinho from Monaco

:tosser: :tosser:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32153: Aug 21, 2017 11:02:40 pm
      Psg killing football

Now apparently agreed 201m deal for Mbappe and Fabinho from Monaco

:tosser: :tosser:

It's a joke. If some mad Arab wanders down your road and pays 2 million quid for a semi detached house that everybody thought was worth 240K, the next door neighbour suddenly has no f****** idea how much his is worth. The valuations get thrown to sh!te, and in reality the whole game gets f***** over. The next thing will be ridiculous increases in player wages, agents saying to clubs "you might as well give my man an extra 100K a week, imagine how much it'll cost to replace him".

Game's f*****. 

Quick Reply