Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4231362 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40802: Aug 08, 2019 06:27:59 pm
      A great squad, champions of Europe kept together with young players that will only get better. AOO back in the reckoning, a considerable upgrade for our second goalie, some real hot prospects bought (let's just hope Jürgen stays long enough to turn them into the great players they can become!)

No major signings - I really couldn't care less. If the right player becomes available then I'm sure Klopp will look into buying them in January or next summer. Either that or reverting back to the horror years of buying some right stinkers just for the sake of doing business, the sort of business that set us back years such was the shocking quality of buy. The transfer window can do as much to ruin a team as it can to potentially make one. On that point, it's therefore a shame to see troublemakers stirring their sh*t online showing a total lack of respect/understanding of the greatness that this squad is defined by.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2019 06:32:21 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #40803: Aug 08, 2019 06:28:08 pm
      its interesting that Man City have 6 players to cover 3 forward positions. And our fans think it'll be hard for us to have sufficient back ups because 'who will want to play on the bench' wild.

All being paid a lot of money - and costing millions in fees and right now one is unhappy , Jesus has had a grumble and Mahrez wont be too happy sat on the bench
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #40804: Aug 08, 2019 06:52:03 pm
      its interesting that Man City have 6 players to cover 3 forward positions. And our fans think it'll be hard for us to have sufficient back ups because 'who will want to play on the bench' wild.

So you think we can just go out and sign squad players for £60 plus million to sit on the bench like City?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #40805: Aug 08, 2019 07:01:58 pm
      All being paid a lot of money - and costing millions in fees and right now one is unhappy , Jesus has had a grumble and Mahrez wont be too happy sat on the bench

Yet theyre still at city and winning the league
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #40806: Aug 08, 2019 07:02:27 pm
      So you think we can just go out and sign squad players for £60 plus million to sit on the bench like City?

Ridiculous strawman argument
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #40807: Aug 08, 2019 07:10:37 pm

Wondering if you know our squad, we have Firmino, Mane, Salah, Brewster, Shaq, Lallana, origi even the Ox to cover the front 3 or are you just arguing for arguing sake.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #40808: Aug 08, 2019 07:40:13 pm
      Yet theyre still at city and winning the league

And ? Of course - they are getting paid millions which helps
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #40809: Aug 08, 2019 07:46:51 pm

It's interesting that City are funded by some of the richest cu*ts on Earth!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #40810: Aug 08, 2019 08:00:29 pm
      It's interesting that City are funded by some of the richest cu*ts on Earth!!

alls im sayin is we coulda got 1 player. Anyways. Looking forward to Friday
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #40811: Aug 08, 2019 08:06:51 pm
      alls im sayin is we coulda got 1 player. Anyways. Looking forward to Friday

If Klopp wanted someone if we have got him but Klopp doesn’t spend for the sake of it
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #40812: Aug 08, 2019 08:29:41 pm
      Can't help but Klopp is going to end up getting stick for this. Even if we match last seasons levels (which will be very hard to do) it will be what if we signed one or two. One of klopps greatest qualities can also be his only real flaw, in that he almost has too much belief in some of his players. How long did we persist with Mignolet and take nothing away from Origis exploits last season but is he ever going to be a 20 a season man, if Bobby gets a serious injury will he fire us to title? Is lallana ever going to be an option again. Now I'm not saying I know better than Jürgen, christ the man is a genius, I just think it's a gamble that ultimately if we don't win the league hell get sh*t for
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 454 
      Reply #40813: Aug 08, 2019 09:24:35 pm
      Agree he took his time to replace Mignolet.  He tried Karius and waited and from having sh*t goalies to having one of the 2 best goalies in the league.   Same with VVD the club took their time and delivered the best defender of his generation.  The thing is 3 seasons ago we were struggling for top 6. Now we are champions of Europe and pushing for the title.   We did it by getting our big transfers all spot on.  I would have liked to have signed a good player or two.  But not for the sake of signing but try to keep this momentum up.  Plus I am not sure if we have that much money left over.  IF we are going to offer big contracts to players like Salah, VVD, Gini etc.   

Someone said on this board that this is the best squad he can remember on second thought I can agree with that.  So we are very close.  Keeping our best players has to be a must.  Circulate the fringe players.   Maybe they are waiting for some fringe players to leave before making their move.  One thing I do know that we have been sensational in the transfer market in the last few seasons especially last two, so I trust the people working on them.   

Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #40814: Aug 08, 2019 10:02:37 pm
      Agree he took his time to replace Mignolet.  He tried Karius and waited and from having sh*t goalies to having one of the 2 best goalies in the league.   Same with VVD the club took their time and delivered the best defender of his generation.  The thing is 3 seasons ago we were struggling for top 6. Now we are champions of Europe and pushing for the title.   We did it by getting our big transfers all spot on.  I would have liked to have signed a good player or two.  But not for the sake of signing but try to keep this momentum up.  Plus I am not sure if we have that much money left over.  IF we are going to offer big contracts to players like Salah, VVD, Gini etc.   

Someone said on this board that this is the best squad he can remember on second thought I can agree with that.  So we are very close.  Keeping our best players has to be a must.  Circulate the fringe players.   Maybe they are waiting for some fringe players to leave before making their move.  One thing I do know that we have been sensational in the transfer market in the last few seasons especially last two, so I trust the people working on them.

All very true, I hope he'll be proved right and on current form it would be very difficult to bet against that
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #40815: Aug 08, 2019 10:04:12 pm

No it's simply reality.

We are not bankrolled by a Sheikh.

We are not in a position financially to sign squad players for over £60 million on over £100k a week salaries to warm the bench.

If we sign a player for this money it will only be for the starting team and clearly Klopp is content with his first team.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #40816: Aug 08, 2019 10:05:26 pm
      All over them. We’ve got what we’ve got.
      Now let’s go and clean up.
      No fancy tactics, foot on the gas every game and win them all !
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #40817: Aug 08, 2019 10:09:29 pm
      No it's simply reality.

We are not bankrolled by a Sheikh.

We are not in a position financially to sign squad players for over £60 million on over £100k a week salaries to warm the bench.

If we sign a player for this money it will only be for the starting team and clearly Klopp is content with his first team.

Sessegnon cost 25 million and covers 2 positions. We made 33 million + selling players.

There are players out there that do not cost 60 million 100k a week.

It still remains a straw man argument. I did not say we need 'break the bank' every window.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40818: Aug 08, 2019 10:14:23 pm

That’s the difference between us and City. With them it’s all about money, I don’t think they even consider a player that’s under £40mill, it’s like they need to spend big to show they are relevant and to almost cast this big tough guy appearance. We however will spend what is necessary to fit the right player into the team, the fact Cancello, Walker, Mendy, Otamendi, Stones, Laporte cost probably near on 300mill alone, plus their mega wages on top, compared to our defence which is stronger and more adaptable than theirs; Trent, Virgil, Gomez, Matip and Robbo cost about 85mill with half the wages, is a testament that for us it’s quality over quantity of money spent.
      They need to sign players for big money because it’s probably in the hope of boosting their profile more because regardless that they’ve become successful in recent years, they are still a small time club and just a toy to play with for some Sheikh, to probably help launder some dirty money and line their own pockets in one way or another. Their owners ever get bored and want out then they are fu**ed, there will be no way back for them, they wouldn’t recover because financially and the way they’ve built themselves, the only way is down hill.

Let them spend 60mill for a bench player, means nothing when it comes to facing us because we will still be the favourites going into that game because of how we’ve easily managed to rattle and beat them.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2019 10:18:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 454 
      Reply #40819: Aug 08, 2019 10:32:43 pm
      Sessegnon cost 25 million and covers 2 positions. We made 33 million + selling players.

There are players out there that do not cost 60 million 100k a week.

It still remains a straw man argument. I did not say we need 'break the bank' every window.

I watched a few games maybe not nearly enough.  I don't think he would cover 1 position short term, maybe long term if he reaches his potential.   He scored 2 goals last season you surely don't believe he will cover for Mane joint golden boot winner, come on man.  And Mane does a hell a lot more than just score.   
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #40820: Aug 08, 2019 10:34:57 pm
      I watched a few games maybe not nearly enough.  I don't think he would cover 1 position short term, maybe long term if he reaches his potential.   He scored 2 goals last season you surely don't believe he will cover for Mane joint golden boot winner, come on man.  And Mane does a hell a lot more than just score.

that was just an example.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 454 
      Reply #40821: Aug 08, 2019 10:35:48 pm
      OK fair enough! But my point is that it isn't easy there aren't that much options when you consider playing time, wages and transfer costs.   
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2019 01:21:32 am by king kenny »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #40822: Aug 08, 2019 11:02:57 pm
      From my point of view, I feel worried about going into the season with no real back-up at LB and thin back-up options at the wings, but the thing is...Jürgen Norbert Klopp is the manager and not me. He is the one who should or should not feel comfortable with the squad and the back-up options he has.

If Klopp feels like this is good enough then be it. We are not professional football managers for a reason and he proved more than enough for us to not question the man.

Keep in mind that we might've been in the market for a couple of players, but the price or availability of those players simply wasn't there. Klopp and the people working with him behind closed doors at this club have proved, over the past 2-3 seasons, that they have very specific targets and that they do not compromise when it comes to getting them. They won't go for something ''similar'. They will wait until they can get their man and strike.

I believe Klopp when he says that no signings just means that the options ''weren't right for us''.

Edit: Also keep in mind we are not PSG or City. We cannot spend money just for the sake of spending money even after a good financial year like the one we just had. Spending just to spend is bound to come back and bite you in the ass unless you have the budget of a small country like PSG or City do.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40823: Aug 08, 2019 11:14:29 pm
      If Klopp feels like this is good enough then be it. We are not professional football managers for a reason and he proved more than enough for us to not question the man.

I believe Klopp when he says that no signings just means that the options ''weren't right for us''.

I'm with you on this, never figured out why for some "trusting the manager" is such a difficult thing to understand and how those that do are just mindless idiots.

I personally would rather put my trust in him than any person on this board or in world football.

*** Those that scream " what's the point in a forum" "i am allowed to an opinion"  don't get your panties in an uproar, nobody give a sh*te anyway.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #40824: Aug 08, 2019 11:45:04 pm
      Scott Carson to City?

Quick Reply