Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4300178 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44781: May 27, 2021 04:37:56 pm
      Hussain Aouar ? I know we've been tracking him for at least two years.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #44782: May 27, 2021 06:14:25 pm
      I like Neves but I dont see how he fits. Fabinho and Thiago are two midfielders who are sure to start in our 11 and also happen to be deep-lying (for different reasons). I don't see how adding another one of those to our midfield 3 would help.

In my opinion we need somebody who can carry the ball in tight spaces in front of the opposition's box, fast, tricky, creative and ideally can also track back and do a decent defensive job (basically we need a fit and working version of Naby Keita).

I agree in that I would like a more creative CM/CAM rather than a like-for-like replacement for Gini.  Someone who can pick the lock from a central position when we come up against a parked bus.  Personally, I think Grealish would be a good fit here, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who could perform this role. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #44783: May 27, 2021 06:29:30 pm
      Tielemans - Great technique, vision and shot. However significantly lacks pace. I personally would rather see Bissouma. IMO a much better fit for our style of play.

Isn't Bissouma a CDM? We have that in Fab (and Hendo to an extent)...seems a bit odd to spend 40m or more on a backup for him?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #44784: May 27, 2021 10:45:30 pm
      Not sure we need another DM with Fab and Hendo both very good options, and Milner looking like he'll still be here as a 3rd choice. Our budget is likely to be fairly tight, so I'd prioritise somebody like Perreira from West Brom. We're going to need quality cover out wide due to Afcon, never mind possible injuries/poor form.

If Keita goes (I'd sell him, he's been a massive disappointment), as well as Gini (I'd keep him), we maybe need another creative midfielder or a box to box type. Tielemans would be good. Buendia also.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #44785: May 28, 2021 12:10:31 pm
      Not sure we need another DM with Fab and Hendo both very good options, and Milner looking like he'll still be here as a 3rd choice. Our budget is likely to be fairly tight, so I'd prioritise somebody like Perreira from West Brom. We're going to need quality cover out wide due to Afcon, never mind possible injuries/poor form.

If Keita goes (I'd sell him, he's been a massive disappointment), as well as Gini (I'd keep him), we maybe need another creative midfielder or a box to box type. Tielemans would be good. Buendia also.

The thing with keita is that he was brilliant in Bundesliga. Like in verge of breaking into worldclass players.

His last season he was the best player in the league, im just worried that we may sell him and we  end up regretting it.

I would have loaned him to a club, so he can get some playing time and see if he still is injured most of the time or not, then make a decision on him.

If there is a chance that he may return to that form, then i say wait.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,627 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44786: May 29, 2021 11:21:09 am
      Anyone got any info on Ikone? seems we are very interested if you’re to believe all the gossip.

Never seen him play a second.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #44787: May 29, 2021 02:48:17 pm
      Anyone got any info on Ikone? seems we are very interested if you’re to believe all the gossip.

Never seen him play a second.
      Watched him a few times this season in the Europa League and a few games in Ligue 1 and I cant say he particularly caught my eye. Lefty, seems decently fast and tricky as far as I can remember but that's all I do remember.

However (I know you didn't ask for this but I have to talk about that kid ;D), if we are going to pay moderately big money for a player from Lille then I would LOVE Jonathan David. As far as I'm concerned this kid is a future star and we would do very well to snap him up before cu*ts United or UAE FC start sniffing when his price tag goes through the roof.

Very good project/replacement for Bobby imo. He's 21, fast, good striker instincts as far as positioning and finishing (which I think indicates he's going to develop into a good goalscorer), good with the ball and without it in his movement. He's a lefty with an equally impressive right foot. Will track back to defend and will hold on to the ball for you. Has an eye for a pass and linking up play.  First year at Lille since joining from Gent and he scored 13 and assisted 5. In the games I saw him play with Lille he was playing slightly under the striker (Ylmaz) as a CF or a secondary striker. Played in 37 of Lille's 38 tittle winning games in Ligue 1 this season (mostly as a starter).
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #44788: May 29, 2021 03:23:48 pm
      Keita's lack of success here has nothing to do with skills.

For me it does: Keita is slow, no physical presence (= sissy) and top football skills. Even if healthy that's not good enough. Look at Thiago: slow, but physical presence and top football skills. Not a world beater but good enough to play at top of the world.

Let's face it: Naby & Minamino fooled Jürgen. Both looked like real deals at weaker teams, but turned out just mediocre at the highest stage. That happens. No blame. Just get rid of Naby and Minamino.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #44789: May 29, 2021 03:46:16 pm
      For me it does: Keita is slow, no physical presence (= sissy) and top football skills. Even if healthy that's not good enough. Look at Thiago: slow, but physical presence and top football skills. Not a world beater but good enough to play at top of the world.

Let's face it: Naby & Minamino fooled Jürgen. Both looked like real deals at weaker teams, but turned out just mediocre at the highest stage. That happens. No blame. Just get rid of Naby and Minamino.
      I disagree with that. I think Keita is a very good player but he just cant stay fit. Whenever he managed to play for an extended period of time he was pretty good offensively and defensively and created things around the box.

Regardless, all of that is pointless because his injuries have become so frequent he can't play more than a game or so before being out again.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #44790: May 29, 2021 08:35:41 pm

I respect your opinion, but saying that keita is slow  and they have fooled Jürgen isnt right.

I have said it before and il say it again. Before we signed keita, he was considered the best player in Bundesliga. He was breathtaking good. Runs, shots, defensive works. The so called complete midfielder.

I dont know why it sn't wirking out, but everyone was predicting that he would be the best midfielder i in premier league.

I fully understand why we signed him, and the whole world do too.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2021 09:14:15 pm by Billo »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #44791: May 29, 2021 10:22:57 pm
      I've said before but if we can find a Kante clone then pay whatever. What a player.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44792: May 29, 2021 10:24:16 pm
      I've said before but if we can find a Kante clone then pay whatever. What a player.

We have Fabinho in the role and he’s F***ing boss

Fabinho - what a player
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #44793: May 29, 2021 10:25:53 pm

We’ve got him already.!

Fabinho!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #44794: May 29, 2021 10:28:21 pm
      We’ve got him already.!

Fabinho!
      Agreed, Fabinho on his game is easily top 5 CDMs in the world.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #44795: May 29, 2021 10:34:06 pm
      We’ve got him already.!

Fabinho!

Of course not a replacement for Fab - I think both can play in the same team.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #44796: May 29, 2021 10:39:59 pm
      Of course not a replacement for Fab - I think both can play in the same team.

I personally think you should only have 1 great CDM in your team because they’re that good at it, but I wouldn’t say no to Kante at the same time 😉
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #44797: May 30, 2021 10:34:15 pm
      Whose the new signing from Ghana lots of reports about
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44798: May 30, 2021 10:39:23 pm
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #44799: May 30, 2021 10:49:56 pm

Not seen any confirmation  as yet just usual reports and rumours
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #44800: May 31, 2021 08:31:27 am
      Not seen any confirmation  as yet just usual reports and rumours

Looks like an exciting prospect, very quick, skilful and can certainly strike a free kick.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #44801: May 31, 2021 10:32:36 am
      Looks like an exciting prospect, very quick, skilful and can certainly strike a free kick.

Wand of a left foot could.be absolute nonsense though not seen any credible sources come out
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #44802: May 31, 2021 04:15:24 pm
      Wand of a left foot could.be absolute nonsense though not seen any credible sources come out

Read that it’s a done deal but he will be going on loan to Sporting.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44803: May 31, 2021 05:06:13 pm
      The Echo saying it's nonsense, citing new Employment Law which means we cannot sign him until he is 18 next March.

Quick Reply