Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4283413 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #10373: Jan 24, 2014 10:45:27 am
      Hernandez wants out of United. Another good player badly treated by the scum. I'd have him here he's leagues better than Aspas will ever be.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10374: Jan 24, 2014 11:25:02 am
      Sorry if this isn't exactly new (quick look and I couldn't find anything but I'm not searching through 347 pages :)) but a lot of news papers suggesting that with the loss of Salah, we've now moved on to Rômulo Borges Monteiro from Spartak Moscow as our top target to address our DM problem. He was apparently a comming Summer target but Lucas' injury has brought forward the need to try sign him. Suggestions are they're looking in the £10 million range for him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/24/the-rumour-mill-liverpool-romelu
      http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/23/liverpool-make-contact-with-spartak-moscow-over-romulo-transfer-4275167/
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #10375: Jan 24, 2014 11:54:16 am
      Hernandez wants out of United. Another good player badly treated by the scum. I'd have him here he's leagues better than Aspas will ever be.

I too mate.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10376: Jan 24, 2014 12:10:19 pm
      Sorry if this isn't exactly new (quick look and I couldn't find anything but I'm not searching through 347 pages :)) but a lot of news papers suggesting that with the loss of Salah, we've now moved on to Rômulo Borges Monteiro from Spartak Moscow as our top target to address our DM problem. He was apparently a comming Summer target but Lucas' injury has brought forward the need to try sign him. Suggestions are they're looking in the £10 million range for him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/24/the-rumour-mill-liverpool-romelu
      http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/23/liverpool-make-contact-with-spartak-moscow-over-romulo-transfer-4275167/

Great swap one crocked Brazilian midfielder with another. F*cking hell we're becoming more like a rehab center than a football club these days!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10377: Jan 24, 2014 12:18:44 pm
      Aye....at least we signed Duncan Dognut from Massachusetts.

I heard he's the dog's bollocks!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10378: Jan 24, 2014 12:41:29 pm

No doubt we'll offer them £10 then as an opening offer.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #10379: Jan 24, 2014 12:45:03 pm
      Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirms Juan Mata to have medical at #MUFC and that the "right offer" had been made for him.

Just f..... great.

And Rodgers for today comments about Salah:

Mourinho on Salah: "Everything is signed & done with Basel subject to the medical (in Switzerland). We know he is very happy to come' #cfc
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10380: Jan 24, 2014 12:53:46 pm
      No doubt we'll offer them £10 then as an opening offer.

He's injured for the last 18 months after a double knee operation the lad is a crock I think £10 is overpriced.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10381: Jan 24, 2014 01:00:32 pm

Romulo was a real quality player before the injury (that means a lot coming from me since I generally hate Vasco players ;D) but I don't know how he's been since.

I believe it's unfair to label someone "injury prone" due to one serious injury. Injuries can happen to anyone and they can heal - I would leave it to the medical staff to analyze the likeliness of a repetition of this injury.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10382: Jan 24, 2014 01:00:38 pm
      Just f..... great.

And Rodgers for today comments about Salah:

Stupid comment from Rodgers this morning he was only setting himself up for more humiliation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10383: Jan 24, 2014 01:03:03 pm
      Romulo was a real quality player before the injury (that means a lot coming from me since I generally hate Vasco players ;D) but I don't know how he's been since.

I believe it's unfair to label someone "injury prone" due to one serious injury. Injuries can happen to anyone and they can heal - I would leave it to the medical staff to analyze the likeliness of a repetition of this injury.

The lad might be a top player I don't know but I do know he hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months which is enough for me to look elsewhere we need a player that can walk into our first team NOW!
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #10384: Jan 24, 2014 02:08:03 pm
      We're a laughing stock, Micky mouse mentality with regards players comin in.. Top 6 will b a struggle with our current squad and injuries
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10385: Jan 24, 2014 02:41:46 pm
      We're a laughing stock, Micky mouse mentality with regards players comin in.. Top 6 will b a struggle with our current squad and injuries

Mickey Mouse? Dumbo more like!

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #10386: Jan 24, 2014 03:04:48 pm
      The lad might be a top player I don't know but I do know he hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months which is enough for me to look elsewhere we need a player that can walk into our first team NOW!

If he's 'a real quality player before the injury' like Diego said (and I rate Diego opinion very high, regarding South America football), I like to see we take a risk mate, this worth a gamble imo.

Believe me, a 'real quality Brazillian DM player' if not injured, we LFC of this era almost definitely no chance to go near him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10387: Jan 24, 2014 03:07:36 pm

I'd agree in principle but we don't exactly have a good track record on that. We don't want another Acquilani.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10388: Jan 24, 2014 03:08:25 pm
      Given that we are only able to sign players who absolutely nobody else at all wants, signing players who are currently injured might be the way ahead which our owners are planning. You get limited downside as presumably the player is insured against never playing again, you can but them cheap as the selling club is currently paying the player for nothing, and negotiate low wages because the injured player will sign for a reduced deal as long as he gets a better length of contract. It all makes sense to the money men.

Expect us to bid 3.2 million quid for Theo Walcott before the end of the window.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10389: Jan 24, 2014 03:17:17 pm
      Call me cynical but I suspect the attraction in Romulo is the £10 million fee. It fits in our tight-arse recruitment policy.
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #10390: Jan 24, 2014 05:06:19 pm
      Call me cynical but I suspect the attraction in Romulo is the £10 million fee. It fits in our tight-arse recruitment policy.

he hasnt played for 18 months.  Tore his ACL then had a setback rehabbing and had to have a 2nd surgery.  Lucas had 2 surgeries on his
      ACL and now he has no pace and little power.  Its really hard to get back to 100% from 2 knee surgeries.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #10391: Jan 24, 2014 05:12:51 pm
      Sunderland have just made an enquiry for banega from Valencia, surely he's someone we should be lookin at.. Super player, current international and fits BR player profile
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10392: Jan 24, 2014 05:17:30 pm
      Sunderland have just made an enquiry for banega from Valencia, surely he's someone we should be lookin at.. Super player, current international and fits BR player profile

They will probably get him too, for under £10m. Meanwhile we'll pr**k around and sign some player we've never heard of on deadline day for a pack of peanuts!
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #10393: Jan 24, 2014 05:22:21 pm

Well, if Sunderland are after him he fits FSG's profile too
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #10394: Jan 24, 2014 05:25:31 pm

:D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10395: Jan 24, 2014 05:29:30 pm

Hey go easy mate Sunderland could end up achieving more than us this season :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply