Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4217860 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15318: Jul 22, 2014 05:15:37 pm
      Take the positives Rodders. At least we know in what thread all of the nobheads from the match threads spend their Summers in.

Apparently you are all in here :D

I don't really understand why people have to abuse other people for having a different view. If you don't agree with their opinion argue against or just ignore it.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #15319: Jul 22, 2014 07:43:40 pm
      to seal off this marquee signing argument

we need one not only because of the name , we need  it desperately if we want to have chance and compete against Europe giants that are fully loaded with class players , Top players are expensive not only because of the fancy name its because they are the best at their positions , so if you want top class players   then you have to spend  a ridiculous  amount of money this is how it works .

if our policy is  buying young players and wait for them to develop then i would lower my expectations , and i wouldn't blame the manager in case if we didn't reach top 4 next year , money now talks more than history its sad but true , if we had a cheikh then everybody would dream join us regardless how our position in the league is nor if the player is a superstar  .

Im happy about our signings so far apart some few exceptions  but the question is are they enough to make us win a trophy this year ? we'll see at the end of the season if we cant make it to the top 4 then we will never sign any world class players unless if we change the owners or they change their policy .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #15320: Jul 22, 2014 07:59:23 pm
      We don't need to spunk £50-60M on a star player just to please please our fans because they deserve it or in the inane belief that it will guarantee us 4th position.
      We are building a squad to challenge at home and in Europe for the next few years and longer which means spending the Suarez money wisely. That sort of spending power might not be seen again for a while.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #15321: Jul 22, 2014 08:34:51 pm
      We don't need to spunk £50-60M on a star player just to please please our fans because they deserve it or in the inane belief that it will guarantee us 4th position.
      We are building a squad to challenge at home and in Europe for the next few years and longer which means spending the Suarez money wisely. That sort of spending power might not be seen again for a while.

This argument is irrelevant for the past 5 years  people were saying we are building a squad yet the next year many players leave and its all back the same again , besides there's not guarantee that maybe one day Sterling or Sturridge will ask to move as well and we are back to square zero .

This whole sign a future young players and wait for them doesnt work in the premier league , Arsenal were doing the same selling their best players and going for talents and look at them now they realized this policy isnt working so they had to change it .

Again if you are happy to wait years and years before seeing Liverpool hold a trophy well others don't and they want the best for this club , if you want trophies = sign the best players its simple , if you are happy  to wait many years for a player to develop and who knows if he develops or not then we will never win a the premier league title simple is that . Again Money Talks   ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #15322: Jul 22, 2014 09:08:41 pm
      This argument is irrelevant for the past 5 years  people were saying we are building a squad yet the next year many players leave and its all back the same again , besides there's not guarantee that maybe one day Sterling or Sturridge will ask to move as well and we are back to square zero .

This whole sign a future young players and wait for them doesnt work in the premier league , Arsenal were doing the same selling their best players and going for talents and look at them now they realized this policy isnt working so they had to change it .

Again if you are happy to wait years and years before seeing Liverpool hold a trophy well others don't and they want the best for this club , if you want trophies = sign the best players its simple , if you are happy  to wait many years for a player to develop and who knows if he develops or not then we will never win a the premier league title simple is that . Again Money Talks   ;)

You along with a few others need to stop playing FIFA manager and realise we are not owned by a Sheikh hence the squabbling over a couple of million over a player like Moreno.
      Your certainly right money talks unfortunately not in the bar where we drink.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15323: Jul 22, 2014 09:26:07 pm
      Apparently you are all in here :D

I don't really understand why people have to abuse other people for having a different view. If you don't agree with their opinion argue against or just ignore it.

Not often you see me in match threads as it's full of misery and people who love to post only when it's an opportunity to moan. Pretty much the same as in here.

And abuse? It was very tongue in cheek. If you want to comment on abuse you could pick out quite a few more from others lately than try and have a pop at me.

I'm not the only one who has noticed the bickering and general Summer bullshit that's stopping a few others posting.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15324: Jul 22, 2014 10:07:48 pm
      Not often you see me in match threads as it's full of misery and people who love to post only when it's an opportunity to moan. Pretty much the same as in here.

And abuse? It was very tongue in cheek. If you want to comment on abuse you could pick out quite a few more from others lately than try and have a pop at me.

I'm not the only one who has noticed the bickering and general Summer bullshit that's stopping a few others posting.

Fair enough mate. You are quite right I could pick out a few , maybe I chose you to have a little nudge at because I usually respect and enjoy your posts?

Or maybe this is the start of a one man crusade for truth and justice for all and I am going to start wearing my underpants on the outside :)

Or maybe on my head....that might work.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #15325: Jul 22, 2014 10:16:58 pm
      Fair enough mate. You are quite right I could pick out a few , maybe I chose you to have a little nudge at because I usually respect and enjoy your posts?

Or maybe this is the start of a one man crusade for truth and justice for all and I am going to start wearing my underpants on the outside :)

Or maybe on my head....that might work.

Just make sure the skid mark is out....especially if wearing on your head.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15326: Jul 22, 2014 10:19:53 pm
      Just make sure the skid mark is out....especially if wearing on your head.

My "go faster stripe" you mean ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15327: Jul 22, 2014 10:22:11 pm
      Wa hey where's this thread gone ha ha
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15328: Jul 22, 2014 10:26:27 pm
      You along with a few others need to stop playing FIFA manager and realise we are not owned by a Sheikh hence the squabbling over a couple of million over a player like Moreno.
      Your certainly right money talks unfortunately not in the bar where we drink.

We may as well be. Not even City have ever spent what we're likely to in a single transfer window.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15329: Jul 22, 2014 10:29:52 pm
      We may as well be. Not even City have ever spent what we're likely to in a single transfer window.

You not seen how much we got for Suarez then? We may spend over 100m but we have made 75m on Suarez. You'd be F***ing moaning if we sold Suarez and only spent 20-30m.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #15330: Jul 22, 2014 10:35:05 pm

Difference being this is a one off for us whereas they can do it every transfer window!!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15331: Jul 22, 2014 10:50:56 pm

Partly because they have never gotten £75mill for one player before.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15332: Jul 23, 2014 09:58:34 am
      Pete O'Rouke ‏@SkySportsPete0: Liverpool have submitted a £4.3m bid for highly-rated Lebanese left-back Mootaz Chehade.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15333: Jul 23, 2014 10:27:52 am
      Pete O'Rouke ‏@SkySportsPete0: Liverpool have submitted a £4.3m bid for highly-rated Lebanese left-back Mootaz Chehade.

Well that's not random :laugh:

He's 27 so he will need to be up to the standard right now. It could be asking a lot for somebody playing in the Lebanese Premier League.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #15334: Jul 23, 2014 10:34:25 am

Fake account :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #15335: Jul 23, 2014 10:44:18 am

Highly rated :D
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15336: Jul 23, 2014 10:50:45 am
      i dont think that this rumour mootaz.... no chehades its real... Boom!

it's the best i could do
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15337: Jul 23, 2014 12:13:38 pm
      This Is Anfield @thisisanfield 
      Crystal Palace and Brighton both interested in signing Martin Kelly from #LFC

Hopefully its a season-long loan, where he gains maximum minutes, improves his form and comes back strong. With Kolo linked to exit as well, I think we'll keep Ilori this season.

Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel, Agger & Ilori is a good bunch of CBs

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2014 12:41:40 pm by Vicks86 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15338: Jul 23, 2014 12:15:53 pm

Sorry mate, did not know it.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15339: Jul 23, 2014 01:36:25 pm
      Aguero is undergoing contract negotiations. Maybe a cheeky punt to take him back to the club he was a fan of as kid?
      Quotes : "I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.
      "I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente." (Very old quotes but still  :f_tongueincheek:)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #15340: Jul 23, 2014 01:37:22 pm
      Aguero is undergoing contract negotiations. Maybe a cheeky punt to take him back to the club he was a fan of as kid?
      Quotes : "I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.
      "I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente." (Very old quotes but still  :f_tongueincheek:)

Yes please!!!!!

Quick Reply