Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4283865 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15755: Aug 01, 2014 09:54:07 am
      Stadium atmosphere in the transfer rumours gossip thread?

Take it elsewhere ay lads.

Back on topic.

There's no doubt we're going to see outs before the window shuts but as I can't get in too much these days so don't really have time to read back what is the consensus as to (1st teamers) who's (99%) on their way out?

Reina, Agger, Johno?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #15756: Aug 01, 2014 09:56:30 am
      With the full back situation about too be wrapped up, just another forward and we are probably done apart from any loans going out.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15757: Aug 01, 2014 09:57:24 am
      The only rumours about are Lucas and Agger.

No deal looks in the frame for Pepe. Not even a peep from the journos.

Agger is on his way back from the US due to injury which is seen as a conspiracy for him being on his way to Barca.

Lucas I reunite with Rafa after we made him available for sale. This is pure paper talk though. 

No Johnson rumours either.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15758: Aug 01, 2014 11:22:57 am

Mores the pity.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15759: Aug 01, 2014 11:45:52 am
      Got a gut feeling 'Arry might be interested in Johnson, off to see what odds him moving to QPR.

3/1 with Sky Bet

For some reason they have him at 2/1 to join PSG, they've just signed Aurier so I think QPR would be favourites.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15760: Aug 01, 2014 11:51:33 am

Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Jul 28
      Both QPR and West Ham United are also interested in signing Glen Johnson before the transfer window ends. LFC value Glen Johnson at £5m

I have absolutely no idea who that guy is.. with Jenkinson signed & sealed at West Ham, ol'Harry is the only possibility now
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #15761: Aug 01, 2014 11:59:38 am
      Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Jul 28
      Both QPR and West Ham United are also interested in signing Glen Johnson before the transfer window ends. LFC value Glen Johnson at £5m

I have absolutely no idea who that guy is.. with Jenkinson signed & sealed at West Ham, ol'Harry is the only possibility now

He rejected a new contract so we need to sell him now. £5 million seems a little low for a starting England international though even if he has gone to dog sh*t. We should look for at least 7 to 8 mill.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #15762: Aug 01, 2014 12:01:21 pm
      5 million well to cheap
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15763: Aug 01, 2014 12:06:04 pm
      Have you been to any of our games recently, or watched them on television?

after the first 10 minutes it turns into a library.  You can hear the players yelling at each other on the pitch FFS, you can even hear the snapping of the cameras! 

The corporates and tourists have taken over Anfield, it's really like a library and it's quite embarrassing.  It doesn't even compare to the atmosphere at Dortmund where they're up and jumping and singing all game long.  We only do that when the Mancs or Everton are at Anfield.

You can thank H&G and to an extent FSG for contributing to it, by pricing the true supporters out of most ticket areas and leaving Anfield only to those who are there to be entertained and not actually there to support and participate.

Maybe Anfield needs a dedicated singing section  ;) ;D
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #15764: Aug 01, 2014 12:07:15 pm
      If Arsenal buy Quintero and Chelsea buy Cavani Podolski and Schurrle may become available. Pod is older and on high wages but can be an excellent short term solution to our back up forward problem. Schurrle is very good indeed and Chelsea may not sell to us but again he is versatile and has played in the false 9 position before
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #15765: Aug 01, 2014 12:12:28 pm
      If Arsenal buy Quintero and Chelsea buy Cavani Podolski and Schurrle may become available. Pod is older and on high wages but can be an excellent short term solution to our back up forward problem. Schurrle is very good indeed and Chelsea may not sell to us but again he is versatile and has played in the false 9 position before

Schurrle won't become available, not after the world cup he had. Furthermore Mourinho has stated that his transfer window is over and i believe him, he only really needed to tweak his starting 11 a little and his eyes he has done that with the four signings he has made.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15766: Aug 01, 2014 12:17:00 pm
      He rejected a new contract so we need to sell him now. £5 million seems a little low for a starting England international though even if he has gone to dog sh*t. We should look for at least 7 to 8 mill.

I think Glen is in the last year of his contract now, so I would think £5 million is about right, especially if we do sign a new right back. Problem will be(as usual) whether anyone is willing to pay his wages which are rumoured to be high.   
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15767: Aug 01, 2014 12:17:25 pm

;D.. in your dreams.. I'm sure we'll see Schurrle play quite a handful of games next season as their CF
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 12:27:49 pm by Vicks86 »
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15768: Aug 01, 2014 12:17:38 pm
      For once the bluenose have dwarfed our net spending this summer. They can enjoy it while it lasts  ;D

So anyway, we've spent about £10m net so far this summer. Moreno is expect in at £16m pushing that up to £26m net. I would say a quality forward is obviously of the utmost importance too. We can not survive with the little depth we have up front. Hopefully any attacker we get in will be one who can change a game. I cannot see us spending over £20m on anyone but obviously would have liked to have seen Reus and Remy come in.

I don't know the club's debt but apparently huge losses were recorded earlier on in the year so that could also explain not spending a huge net amount this summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #15769: Aug 01, 2014 12:37:45 pm

I don't know the club's debt but apparently huge losses were recorded earlier on in the year so that could also explain not spending a huge net amount this summer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156514-lfc-announces-financial-results

We made a loss of under £50 mill last year which isn't exactly huge especially with annual income steadily increasing year on year since FSG took over. There is no need for the club to spend for the sake of spending. Rodgers has his targets and I'm sure FSG will back him. Our net spend will probably end up around £50 million after we bring in Moreno and a new forward.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #15770: Aug 01, 2014 12:42:07 pm
      ;D.. in your dreams.. I'm sure we'll see Schurrle play quite a handful of games next season as their CF

seen this reported loads of places yesterday (this is 1st one i've found when googling) so may have some substance that he may become available (no chance coming to us though)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/391905/Chelsea-in-stunning-Andre-Schurrle-for-Joao-Miranda-swap-deal
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15771: Aug 01, 2014 12:42:49 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156514-lfc-announces-financial-results

We made a loss of under £50 mill last year which isn't exactly huge especially with annual income steadily increasing year on year since FSG took over. There is no need for the club to spend for the sake of spending. Rodgers has his targets and I'm sure FSG will back him. Our net spend will probably end up around £50 million after we bring in Moreno and a new forward.

I might be wrong here, but I think that "debt" has been sat on the books for a couple of years and is sub-titled "to be offset against future profits".
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15772: Aug 01, 2014 12:52:54 pm
      If Johnson goes are you happy with Manquillo, Flanagan and Kelly as our RB's?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15773: Aug 01, 2014 12:59:15 pm
      whether anyone is willing to pay his wages which are rumoured to be high.
      Wasn't part of his contract that, when he entered the last year, his wages would be cut? Maybe they aren't as high as 'we' believe s@int.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #15774: Aug 01, 2014 01:08:12 pm
      If Johnson goes are you happy with Manquillo, Flanagan and Kelly as our RB's?

More than happy, Flanagan and Manquillo would be more positive and defensively astute id hope than the declining Johnson. Furthermore if needs be i wouldn't mind shifting Henderson into RB or RWB as he has the heart and desire to play there too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15775: Aug 01, 2014 01:17:52 pm

I'd snap QPR's hands off for £5m. His price tag shouldn't be dictated by whether he's a starter for England or not because he's still sh*t. Also, he's going into the final year of his contract.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15776: Aug 01, 2014 01:19:07 pm
      I'd snap QPR's hands off for £5m. His price tag shouldn't be dictated by whether he's a starter for England or not because he's still sh*t. Also, he's going into the final year of his contract.
      I'd be happy if he went on a free transfer. He's on high wages. 5m would be a real bonus!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15777: Aug 01, 2014 01:44:16 pm
      According to Macca Liverpool Rumors, (pretty sh*te I guess)

Konoplyanka could be back on and it'll be Bony instead of Remy

Quick Reply