Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4277506 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17020: Aug 16, 2014 09:20:37 pm
      I'm just guessing here but their owner, Rybolovlev, has lost $4.5 BILLION recently in his divorce, which is half of his net worth, so, as a guess, he's lost motivation to pump millions into the club. As they told Rodriguez without reinvesting much of the money.

That was one expensive hooker!

He'll be pissed off with pumping in general no doubt.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17021: Aug 16, 2014 09:56:08 pm
      If that about Falcao is true - not enjoying playing in front of an half empty stadium - then it says to me that players these days are jumping into transfers far too easily. If it was me I wouldn't have moved to Monaco, I'd actually do research on stuff like that if it was so important to me.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #17022: Aug 16, 2014 10:40:22 pm
      If that about Falcao is true - not enjoying playing in front of an half empty stadium - then it says to me that players these days are jumping into transfers far too easily. If it was me I wouldn't have moved to Monaco, I'd actually do research on stuff like that if it was so important to me.

Money talks, mate. Unfortunately so. They can go there for a year, earn more than we will ever see in a lifetime then bugger off somewhere else if they want to.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17023: Aug 16, 2014 10:42:30 pm
      Wouldn't be a bad option if we have him on loan for a year with the option to buy.

Buy price after a season loan is 35m. So I'd imagine we'd pay a ridiculous loan fee also. He lit La Liga on fire when he was at Atletico.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #17024: Aug 17, 2014 12:07:00 am
      Balotelli on loan...?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17025: Aug 17, 2014 12:16:51 am

Milan will need the money to improve the team elsewhere, they won't accept an offer for a loan because they don't benefit at all.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17026: Aug 17, 2014 12:35:23 am
      Wouldn't be a bad option if we have him on loan for a year with the option to buy.

Buy price after a season loan is 35m. So I'd imagine we'd pay a ridiculous loan fee also. He lit La Liga on fire when he was at Atletico.

£12M smackeroo's and £200k/w wages just for the privilege. Can't see the loan option being sanctioned to be honest. Real and Citeh have already enquired about a loan deal and turned down apparently with a view to buy next season. If it weren't for FFP Real would have already bought him.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17027: Aug 17, 2014 12:40:54 am
      Well Monaco doesn't exactly hold a candle to us as far as match day support. I heard he isn't happy playing basically in front of empty crowds.

Will he be any happier at not being an automatic first choice starter though?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17028: Aug 17, 2014 12:42:30 am
      You don't think he would be a automatic starter?

He's a world class striker, if we bring him in he is starting I reckon.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17029: Aug 17, 2014 12:45:32 am
      You don't think he would be a automatic starter?

He's a world class striker, if we bring him in he is starting I reckon.

correct
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17030: Aug 17, 2014 12:54:10 am

:lmao:

I thought you was being serious for a minute

:roll:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #17031: Aug 17, 2014 01:19:21 am
      Re: goalkeepers

How about Ruddy?

He's way too good for the Championship and now that Norwich are down surely he could be gotten for a small fee. 
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17032: Aug 17, 2014 01:26:47 am

I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. Under normal circumstances he's a great player and exactly the type of player we need but I'm not sure I want us to be used solely as a shop window for Real Madrid. On top of that he's had a Cruciate Ligament injury, so I believe, which could affect his undoubted talent. If he doesn't settle or doesn't come back from injury strong then it's relatively low risk but what if he did and was a superlative goal machine for us and then walks away to Real next season? We'd be back to square one again and I'd feel like we'd been treated like a cheap date. Like I say, got mixed feelings on this.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #17033: Aug 17, 2014 02:17:37 am
      Ruddy is a good shout, fed. Have thought the same myself.

And I'm starting to come around to the thought of balotelli...

>:D
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17034: Aug 17, 2014 02:19:52 am
      :lmao:

I thought you was being serious for a minute

:roll:

I was - it was meant as if he were off to Real.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17035: Aug 17, 2014 02:26:32 am
      Agree on the idea of signing ruddy.
      Damn good potential signing as back up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17036: Aug 17, 2014 02:42:14 am
      I was - it was meant as if he were off to Real.

He'd be first choice there over Benzema, but Real are done spending I suppose.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #17037: Aug 17, 2014 03:02:28 am
      Can we please stop talking about Falcao.

it's not going to happen.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #17038: Aug 17, 2014 09:36:53 am
      I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. Under normal circumstances he's a great player and exactly the type of player we need but I'm not sure I want us to be used solely as a shop window for Real Madrid. On top of that he's had a Cruciate Ligament injury, so I believe, which could affect his undoubted talent. If he doesn't settle or doesn't come back from injury strong then it's relatively low risk but what if he did and was a superlative goal machine for us and then walks away to Real next season? We'd be back to square one again and I'd feel like we'd been treated like a cheap date. Like I say, got mixed feelings on this.

But if he took us from challenging for Top4 to challenging for the title I'd be all for it. Makes replacing him next year easier also
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17039: Aug 17, 2014 11:21:49 am
      Can we please stop talking about Falcao.

it's not going to happen.
      No one forcing you to read this thread.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17040: Aug 17, 2014 11:37:06 am
      Tottenham on Saturday bid £18m for Roma's 23-year-old striker Mattia Destro

I would absolutely love it, if we sneak in and steal their targets, for once. Destro would be an excellent versatile addition, much much better than Icardi
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17041: Aug 17, 2014 12:05:42 pm
      Well Monaco doesn't exactly hold a candle to us as far as match day support. I heard he isn't happy playing basically in front of empty crowds.

Playing on top of a multi storey car park not appeal to you FL?  :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17042: Aug 17, 2014 12:43:48 pm
      3/1 to sign Falcao. Surprised by that I must admit.
      Are those odds too long or too short, in your opinion, Bri? Personally, I believe he's the one player left [out of those we're linked with] who ticks the 'boxes'... the one we could 'work on' til 31 August. So 3/1 might be big.

Huge fan of BR but not buying that for a second. With 75mill in for Luis, no excuse whatsoever...
      Yeah, I can see that bmck: especially when we cast our minds back to last year and one of the reasons John Henry gave for not selling Luis then -

“We do not have time – we have not been able to identify a suitable replacement. Luis Suarez is a Liverpool player come what may...

It is football. It’s not finances, it is football. That’s why I said at this point, this late in the window, everyone has already moved and we haven’t identified anyone who hasn’t already moved – or isn’t moving – to replace him.

So it’s for football reasons..."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owner-john-henry-5683119

Now, unless John Henry was telling a wee, white, lie (or has changed his mind re: 'it's football, not finance); we are bound to have identified "suitable replacement(s)" before we sold Luis.

Surely we won't have, (given what John W said), left it "this late in the window" without having a player or players, in mind? So...

With a whole fortnight left to do the deal maybe we should 'lump on' Falcao @ 3/1.  >:D

Quick Reply