Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216066 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19366: Feb 28, 2015 12:36:50 am
      The wisdom of your words is diluted by last night's humiliation with the manager being unable to select a winning team from a skeleton squad.
      ''Slightly mad'' is an understatement when games are prioritised through the lack of credible choices due to financial constraints.
      ''Slightly mad'' goes beyond an understatement with your ridiculous claim that a loan spell at Derby has ''improved'' Ibe.

The skeleton squad translates as:
      No credible cover for Coutinho, no credible cover for Henderson, no credible cover for Lucas or Gerrard - all injured or being saved for Citeh on Sunday.

We seem unlikely to get any cover either with the January window having come and gone and JWH's words about his unwillingness to enter a bidding contest or pay more than he thinks enough for a soccer player.
      Nothing ''slight'' about any of that madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6hY_50Dh0#
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #19367: Mar 02, 2015 12:26:36 pm
      Apparently Vietto is interested in moving to us in the Summer. Would be a massive upgrade on Borini. Can see us moving for this kid he has bags of potential.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #19368: Mar 02, 2015 02:37:01 pm
      Apparently Vietto is interested in moving to us in the Summer. Would be a massive upgrade on Borini. Can see us moving for this kid he has bags of potential.

Why not Ings for £5/6 million? He has PL experience plus has scored 8 (or so) for the worse team in PL. Just think how good he could be playing with much much better players compared to Burnley. Also, if it doesn't work out we could get rid of him for around the same/similar price. Win-win in my humble opinion.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #19369: Mar 02, 2015 03:04:13 pm
      Why not Ings for £5/6 million? He has PL experience plus has scored 8 (or so) for the worse team in PL. Just think how good he could be playing with much much better players compared to Burnley. Also, if it doesn't work out we could get rid of him for around the same/similar price. Win-win in my humble opinion.

I would still sign Ings as an upgrade on Lambert.

Imagine next season going from a striker selection of Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert and Borini... to Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Vietto?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19370: Mar 02, 2015 03:38:32 pm
      I would still sign Ings as an upgrade on Lambert.

Imagine next season going from a striker selection of Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert and Borini... to Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Vietto?

Vietto is absolutely quality, been watching Villarreal a lot and he would fit in perfectly with us, but I wouldn't want us to go for him. I just feel we need a creative forward, a player that can create something out of nothing, but also, a match winner, that way, we don't have to always rely on Coutinho.

Sturridge, Origi, Ings & Firmino would be a dream!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #19371: Mar 02, 2015 03:42:07 pm
      Vietto is absolutely quality, been watching Villarreal a lot and he would fit in perfectly with us, but I wouldn't want us to go for him. I just feel we need a creative forward, a player that can create something out of nothing, but also, a match winner, that way, we don't have to always rely on Coutinho.

Sturridge, Origi, Ings & Firmino would be a dream!!!

Well if it's a creative goal scorer you want then Dybala of Palermo is your man.

Firmino is very creative but he hasn't scored too many this season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19372: Mar 02, 2015 03:50:41 pm
      Well if it's a creative goal scorer you want then Dybala of Palermo is your man.

Firmino is very creative but he hasn't scored too many this season.

I haven't see Dybala play, but I absolutely love Firmino and I believe he can be that special player than we've lacked this season.

Firmino & Illarramendi/Schneiderlin and I believe we can win the title next season :D
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #19373: Mar 02, 2015 04:30:04 pm

Firmino and Origi arn't out and out strikers more like attacking midfielders and would both find it very hard to get games in front of Couts and Stirling, I've watched Firmino a lot he's good but we need more goals up top.
      Call me old fashioned but I'd like us to be looking at a genuine goalscorer IMO Lacazette fits that description perfectly.
      Any one know any other young prolific strikers possibly available in the summer?.

???
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #19374: Mar 02, 2015 04:44:35 pm

Firmino and Origi arn't out and out strikers more like attacking midfielders and would both find it very hard to get games in front of Couts and Stirling, I've watched Firmino a lot he's good but we need more goals up top.
      Call me old fashioned but I'd like us to be looking at a genuine goalscorer IMO Lacazette fits that description perfectly.
      Any one know any other young prolific strikers possibly available in the summer?.

???
      i agree Lacazette for me seems like a realistic target if we can get a top 4 finish, he would cost no more than 25mil and is young enough to get better. all other un-realistic targets like Benzima are not going to happen so we need to looks at the likes of Lacazette
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #19375: Mar 02, 2015 04:46:46 pm
      Lacazette is going to cost much more than 25m.

Keep dreaming on him.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #19376: Mar 02, 2015 04:57:47 pm
      Lacazette is going to cost much more than 25m.

Keep dreaming on him.

;D
      So how much you think Lacazette would cost FL ?
      Who you think we should go after instead?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19377: Mar 02, 2015 05:03:04 pm

As I mentioned many times, Firmino is more like a Neymar in my opinion. I wouldn't rank him along side players like Isco, Eriksen, Silva, Coutinho etc, I think he's better suited as second striker and would take us to the next level in our attack. He really would bring the best out of our attacking players. I believe he can be a 15-20 goal season player.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #19378: Mar 02, 2015 05:11:55 pm
      As I mentioned many times, Firmino is more like a Neymar in my opinion. I wouldn't rank him along side players like Isco, Eriksen, Silva, Coutinho etc, I think he's better suited as second striker and would take us to the next level in our attack. He really would bring the best out of our attacking players. I believe he can be a 15-20 goal season player.

:)

In theory if Roberto Firmino was Available for our team as of now Where would you pick him to play ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19379: Mar 02, 2015 05:23:22 pm
      :)

In theory if Roberto Firmino was Available for our team as of now Where would you pick him to play ?

Coutinho/Sterling
      Sturridge   Firmino

Coutinho
      Sterling, Sturridge, Firmino

Firmino, Sterling
            Sturridge

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #19380: Mar 02, 2015 05:50:11 pm

THIS!!!!!
      Dybala has loads of talent, but read somewhere that arsenal are after him but he chose to go to Dortmund in the summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #19381: Mar 02, 2015 05:58:06 pm

Don't know about the Neymar comparison mate Firmino is nowhere near as prolific a goal scorer. Neymar can play as an out and out striker if required Firmino cannot.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19382: Mar 02, 2015 07:32:41 pm
      I remain unconvinced that Ibe was loaned out for his, the club's and the general good of the team.
      Subsequent events coincidently prove otherwise.
      He is no longer there because of misjudgement concerning player back-up, or the lack of.
      How many of our rivals carry on in a similar fashion yet are faced with the same FFP rules we are, apparently LFC are the only team it affects.

Finally in spite of the accolades to Derby County and their coaching staff they are a league below us, the obvious assumption is any coaching would be of a similar mark.

The nonsense over the Suarez fee and the potential acquired with the monies instead of a like for like replacement, the failure to get a striker for the injury prone Sturridge, no viable replacement for SG - the list goes on and on;  in spite of which you would have us believe on this occasion the best interests of Ibe were paramount unlike all the other f**k ups where economics  took precedent.

Disagree on this one Stuey

It's been vital in Ibe's development his two loan spells.. The physical demands of championship football coupled with regular first team football has immeasurable results but in my opinion has given him more to his game and the confidence of regular football.

I personally only think he was brought back due to the shift in formation, he suits wing back and is more adept in the way Rodgers likes to play them ( more wing than back) than Manquillo and the injuries to Flanagan and Johnson..
      Had we persisted with 4-3-3 then we probably had adequate numbers in those wide front two that he wouldn't have been brought back.

I personally wouldn't confuse lack of options with a change of system.

Ibe is a wonderful talent who maybe I would have kept here after his cameos pre season but I have personally no doubt his loans have benefitted him and that the system change prompted the recall
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #19383: Mar 02, 2015 08:49:14 pm
      Disagree on this one Stuey

It's been vital in Ibe's development his two loan spells.. The physical demands of championship football coupled with regular first team football has immeasurable results but in my opinion has given him more to his game and the confidence of regular football.

I personally only think he was brought back due to the shift in formation, he suits wing back and is more adept in the way Rodgers likes to play them ( more wing than back) than Manquillo and the injuries to Flanagan and Johnson..
      Had we persisted with 4-3-3 then we probably had adequate numbers in those wide front two that he wouldn't have been brought back.

I personally wouldn't confuse lack of options with a change of system.

Ibe is a wonderful talent who maybe I would have kept here after his cameos pre season but I have personally no doubt his loans have benefitted him and that the system change prompted the recall

Still think it would have been more beneficial to the player had he stayed here mate.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19384: Mar 02, 2015 09:00:47 pm
      Still think it would have been more beneficial to the player had he stayed here mate.

Getting no games all season? Don't see how that benefits him mate which he wouldn't have until the system switch and probably without the 20 odd games in a first team he's had

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19385: Mar 02, 2015 09:04:29 pm

I think so too. Yes, Derby was good for his progression, but after the pre-season he had, you could tell he was ready. Thought he would've done a great job as a left sided forward in the first half of season instead of us buying Markovic.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #19386: Mar 02, 2015 09:09:36 pm

Disagree Stu.

I'm not sure how playing reserve football or sitting on our bench a handful of times is better than getting regualr first team football for a Championship chasing side.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19387: Mar 02, 2015 09:10:28 pm
      I think so too. Yes, Derby was good for his progression, but after the pre-season he had, you could tell he was ready. Thought he would've done a great job as a left sided forward in the first half of season instead of us buying Markovic.

Ah

Instead of buying Markovic maybe but not once we had is my point
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #19388: Mar 02, 2015 11:04:19 pm

The nonsense over the Suarez fee and the potential acquired with the monies instead of a like for like replacement, the failure to get a striker for the injury prone Sturridge, no viable replacement for SG - the list goes on and on;  in spite of which you would have us believe on this occasion the best interests of Ibe were paramount unlike all the other f**k ups where economics  took precedent.

We got one he has just been poor.

Quick Reply