Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4305526 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #20493: Jun 03, 2015 11:05:12 am
      Sky Sports New

REDS IN FOR REAL WINGER

Liverpool are willing to pay up to €20m to secure the services of Real Madrid wide man Denis Cheryshev, reports AS.

Cheryshev has spent this season on loan at Villarreal, where he scored seven goals, and he will return to his parent club at the end of the month.

However, he won’t be in Madrid for long, as it is increasingly likely that he will be plying his trade in the Premier League with Liverpool next term.

AS says Liverpool have already initiated their move to sign the Russian and that they would pay between €15m and €20m to land him this summer.

Cheryshev, who could potentially replace wantaway England international Raheem Sterling at Anfield, is under contract at the Bernanbeu at 2017.

Madrid would also consider inserting a buyback clause into the deal if they sell the player to Liverpool.

Now normally I wound note give these types of story any real traction but with Rafa now at Real who knows?

But but... I thought we didn't need more wingers???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20494: Jun 03, 2015 11:27:24 am
      €15-20m on a player that at 24 has only played 1 season of first team football. Superb! Snap him up!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #20495: Jun 03, 2015 12:04:42 pm
      €15-20m on a player that at 24 has only played 1 season of first team football. Superb! Snap him up!

Bizarre mate isn't it.

Who else would even be interested in this player besides us... just like Aspas, Borini, Assaidi, Manquillo, Alberto... the money we waste on these rubbish players is shocking! Are we adding this guy to the list?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,754 posts | 7179 
      Reply #20496: Jun 03, 2015 12:18:07 pm
      if we get Ings and Benteke and get shut of Balotelli and Borini then that would be an improvement but lets not forget Luis he set the standard of player we should have at this club "IF" we want to compete again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,611 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20497: Jun 03, 2015 12:51:40 pm
      Happy enough with most players being talked baout, but where is the top top striker we all know we need.

Ings is just replacing Borini, the young lad Origi is what ? replacing Lambert ?

So that leaves balo who took suarez place in squad, If its benteke, its an improvement on balo defo, but not really what we all crave and hope for, i.e a south american dynamo, who will run all day, upset defenders, create space for others, fight like fuk and score goals.

Come on LFC, lets find Luis suarez #2  must be some Jems waiting in south America.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20498: Jun 03, 2015 01:03:46 pm
      Happy enough with most players being talked baout, but where is the top top striker we all know we need.

Ings is just replacing Borini, the young lad Origi is what ? replacing Lambert ?

So that leaves balo who took suarez place in squad, If its benteke, its an improvement on balo defo, but not really what we all crave and hope for, i.e a south american dynamo, who will run all day, upset defenders, create space for others, fight like fuk and score goals.

Come on LFC, lets find Luis suarez #2  must be some Jems waiting in south America.

"THAT" striker should be one of Aubameyang/Lacazette/Icardi or even the likes of Heung-Min/Volland

But we're targeting Benteke!! PL-PROVEN!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,611 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20499: Jun 03, 2015 01:11:03 pm
      Don't claim to know any of them, so I will take your word for it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20500: Jun 03, 2015 01:32:45 pm
      Aubameyang isn't the deadly finisher that would score 30 goals or something for us, but he is a very interesting player that could fit us very nicely. I think he's a realistic target as well. The more I think of it, the more I think we should try to sign him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20501: Jun 03, 2015 01:55:05 pm
      Liverpool keen on Cheryshev

Liverpool are keen on a move for Real Madrid winger Denis Cheryshev and are weighing up an offer between €15 million (£10.9m) and €20m (£14.5m).

Source: AS
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #20502: Jun 03, 2015 01:58:20 pm
      Liverpool keen on Cheryshev

Liverpool are keen on a move for Real Madrid winger Denis Cheryshev and are weighing up an offer between €15 million (£10.9m) and €20m (£14.5m).

Source: AS

Any more than £10 million for this guy is an absolute joke.

Who the F**k is he like?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,353 posts | 4968 
      Reply #20503: Jun 03, 2015 02:02:18 pm
      Any more than £10 million for this guy is an absolute joke.

Who the F**k is he like?

If you don't know who he is how have you any idea what he is worth?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20504: Jun 03, 2015 02:05:52 pm

I was going to ask the same
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #20505: Jun 03, 2015 02:22:24 pm

I never heard of the guy until about two weeks ago. I'd be very surprised if many have given he is 24 and only started playing top flight football this season.

So based on that it looks like another gamble signing.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #20506: Jun 03, 2015 02:23:52 pm
      Aubameyang isn't the deadly finisher that would score 30 goals or something for us, but he is a very interesting player that could fit us very nicely. I think he's a realistic target as well. The more I think of it, the more I think we should try to sign him.

I think he has the making of a 20 goal a season striker. EXACTLY what we need!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,611 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20507: Jun 03, 2015 02:27:44 pm

aha the bold pierre from dortmund.

Only knwo now cos I looked him up. ;D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #20508: Jun 03, 2015 02:31:02 pm
      aha the bold pierre from dortmund.

Only knwo now cos I looked him up. ;D

He's a tricky player. His speed alone would frighten defenders to death. Quicker than Sterling for certain.

Plus he can actually finish...

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20509: Jun 03, 2015 02:35:57 pm
      Mignolet (new gk); Clyne (Flanagan), Skrtel (Touré), Sakho (Lovren), Moreno (Gibbs); Milner (Lucas), Henderson (Can), Kovacic (Allen), Coutinho (Lallana); Walcott (Ings), Sturridge (Aubameyang)

The above is obviously just a thought exercise. The players in the brackets are not necessarily direct backups, nor have I put much thought into the starting XI - it's just a glimpse of what our squad/depth could look like if some of the rumours were true.

I'm assuming we swap Sterling for Walcott/Gibbs, sign Milner and Ings on free transfers and buy Kovacic and Aubameyang. All very realistic IMO.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #20510: Jun 03, 2015 02:44:25 pm
      Mignolet (new gk); Clyne (Flanagan), Skrtel (Touré), Sakho (Lovren), Moreno (Gibbs); Milner (Lucas), Henderson (Can), Kovacic (Allen), Coutinho (Lallana); Walcott (Ings), Sturridge (Aubameyang)

The above is obviously just a thought exercise. The players in the brackets are not necessarily direct backups, nor have I put much thought into the starting XI - it's just a glimpse of what our squad/depth could look like if some of the rumours were true.

I'm assuming we swap Sterling for Walcott/Gibbs, sign Milner and Ings on free transfers and buy Kovacic and Aubameyang. All very realistic IMO.

Not bad selection there at all. Still not keen on Lovren tbh and maybe Ilori could come in and do better.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,611 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20511: Jun 03, 2015 02:58:24 pm
      He's a tricky player. His speed alone would frighten defenders to death. Quicker than Sterling for certain.

Plus he can actually finish...

When I get time I will look closer, via the power of youtube.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20512: Jun 03, 2015 07:21:44 pm

True story.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #20513: Jun 03, 2015 09:07:30 pm

He's basically Sturridge, which would be nice to have two of. Of actually realistic strikers (we aren't getting lacazette) people have suggested, he's my favourite.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20514: Jun 03, 2015 09:24:42 pm
      He's basically Sturridge, which would be nice to have two of. Of actually realistic strikers (we aren't getting lacazette) people have suggested, he's my favourite.

He has become my favourite as well. I think he would make a lot of sense. And I would be inclined to believe Dortmund would be willing to sell if we make a decent offer and the player probably would be interested in playing in the EPL as well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20515: Jun 03, 2015 09:39:23 pm

Quick Reply