Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4219412 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #22655: Oct 11, 2015 11:07:15 am
      Sign Karius, Reus and Gundogen then the league will be ours.

Won't happen given Reus has a £60 million buy out clause and Gundogen will go to Barca.

But it's nice to dream  :)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #22656: Oct 12, 2015 04:34:09 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22657: Oct 12, 2015 10:45:38 am
      Interesting he would go out and sign two midfielders when that's the position we are most covered in, i would say.

We have a midfield full of BMW's. We need at least one Rolls Royce in there.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22658: Oct 12, 2015 10:48:07 am
      We have a midfield full of BMW's. We need at least one Rolls Royce in there.

Rolls Reus even?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1511 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22659: Oct 12, 2015 11:16:38 am
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22660: Oct 12, 2015 12:09:50 pm
      Will be interesting to see how much backing (MONEY!) FSG make available to Klopp in January
      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/transfers/Jürgen-klopp-plots-%C2%A335m-move-to-bring-dortmund%E2%80%99s-aubameyang-to-liverpool-%E2%80%93-monday%E2%80%99s-top-transfer-stories/ar-AAfmepS?li=AAaeUIW

The rumours are really starting to swirl ...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22661: Oct 12, 2015 12:12:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MwpfHqkzI

I read some positive things about him last season, but never seen him play. Looks absolutely beastly in this clip!!

Think I shall watch some Porto games this season as they are usually shown on BT Sports!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #22662: Oct 12, 2015 12:23:57 pm
      Will be interesting to see how much backing (MONEY!) FSG make available to Klopp in January
      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/transfers/Jürgen-klopp-plots-%C2%A335m-move-to-bring-dortmund%E2%80%99s-aubameyang-to-liverpool-%E2%80%93-monday%E2%80%99s-top-transfer-stories/ar-AAfmepS?li=AAaeUIW

The rumours are really starting to swirl ...

I was reading something this morning that Klopp has said his main focus is making use of waht we have and that January isn't key for him.

Anyone have the link?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22663: Oct 12, 2015 12:43:08 pm
      I was reading something this morning that Klopp has said his main focus is making use of waht we have and that January isn't key for him.

Anyone have the link?

Deffo should be his main focus.
      But if given the choice there must be one of two he would love to bring in (at least) ... whether he gets to do it in Jan, will see.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #22664: Oct 13, 2015 04:50:01 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MwpfHqkzI

I read some positive things about him last season, but never seen him play. Looks absolutely beastly in this clip!!

Think I shall watch some Porto games this season as they are usually shown on BT Sports!

He's a good player it seems, but Lucas does the same job and has more experience. Lucas might not make these long passes but he is much better physically and as a leader on the pitch he is much more valuable. Can can do this job too and Can would add creativity in this position too, a bit like a deep-lying playmaker.

If we have the money, we need to buy a very good all rounder CM, a goal scoring Attacking midfielder and keeper maybe.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22665: Oct 13, 2015 01:30:30 pm
      Who needs Neves? We have Allen.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22666: Oct 13, 2015 01:35:51 pm

We also have Allan but if Pep's recommended this kid I'd take a look at him   ;)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22667: Oct 13, 2015 03:30:46 pm
      I started talking about Neves early on in last season as him becoming a big thing. Shows so much composure for someone so young you could tell that it's all natural for him. He reads the game excellently though, similar to Lucas in that sense. His ability to breakdown an entire attack consistently as one man hovering in front of the back four is beyond impressive. Great anticipation allowing for key interceptions, also knows how to tackle very very well and rarely misses one.

Beyond that there's much more to him though which is tough to find. He's actually pretty talented on the ball with the dribble and has an eye for a pass, but usually knows how to work possession around and put the ball well into the feet of those who know how to make that final pass.

Those saying that Can is capable of doing the same job, I completely disagree. Neves is significantly more disciplined in terms of positioning and being there when you need him, much better at reading the game, and much more stable of a passer/retainer of possession. 

Certainly would love him here, but something tells me that he'll favor Chelsea simply because Mourinho and Mendes has the connections there. Portugal's actually got a lot of midfield talent that would be great to be able to tap into though. Neves, William Carvalho, Danilo Pereira all as defensive midfielders are all capable of becoming huge talents. Meanwhile Andre Gomes and Bernardo Silva have also looked really good on the attacking side.

I would imagine Klopp may be more favored to go for Germans though, which is probably an as good, if not even better market to tap in to.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22668: Oct 13, 2015 05:02:33 pm
      Apparently Alejandro Grimaldo is unhappy with the lack of chances given to youth players at Barcelona by current boss Luis Enrique and wants out when his contract expires at the end of the season. I won't say I've seen a lot of him but he is supposedly very highly rated at the club and must be worth a look. He's a left back btw.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22669: Oct 15, 2015 06:01:39 pm
      Don't really post on here but this interested me regarding Benedikt Howedes.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/benedikt-howedes-hints-at-premier-league-move-names-liverpool-as-interesting/
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #22670: Oct 15, 2015 06:06:13 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #22671: Oct 16, 2015 04:25:37 pm
      Now that's a proper CB.
      Would be an excellent signing.
      Just add to that with a new GK, DM and a wide attacking midfielder and we will be in great shape.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #22672: Oct 16, 2015 07:52:14 pm
      If we have signed/identifed Neves, that is a real statement of intent. He is an incredible mature talent for his age.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22673: Oct 16, 2015 09:14:52 pm
      If we have signed/identifed Neves, that is a real statement of intent. He is an incredible mature talent for his age.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it'd be a real statement of intent. He's hardly one of the world's best.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22674: Oct 16, 2015 10:53:15 pm
      If we can get a centre back, a goalkeeper, and a centre midfielder in the next couple of windows I think we'll be in a very nice position to push on and challenge.

Get the spine right.

World Class goalie.

DM

Striker

The optimum amount of players to add to a team in any season is three.

The last couple of windows have been a ridiculous and expensive disaster.
      Where has the team been improved ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22675: Oct 16, 2015 11:50:39 pm
      Get the spine right.

World Class goalie.

DM

Striker

The optimum amount of players to add to a team in any season is three.

The last couple of windows have been a ridiculous and expensive disaster.
      Where has the team been improved ?

As Shanks did when he woke the sleeping giant.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22676: Oct 16, 2015 11:52:53 pm
      As Shanks did when he woke the sleeping giant.

Well...of course? It kind of applies to any great manager/championship winning team doesn't it?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22677: Oct 17, 2015 01:14:51 am
      Never seen Neves play but i loved how Pep talks football (seriously, check out his article he wrote) and the way he identifies talents. In that case, i hope we get Neves purely for that.

I've watched William Carvalho about a half dozen times and he really stood to me. Anyone who watches Portuguese football, how would you compare them? Who is better? How are they different. Reading on Neves, it looks as though they are very similar kinds of players. Maybe Carvalho is more of a creative type? He has an excellent first touch and can pick a pass out.

The rumour of Howedes coming get my nipples hard, as well. He'd be perfect.

Quick Reply