Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4244928 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25737: Jun 27, 2016 02:55:59 pm
      Lack of a quality ball playing midfielder to play with Can.

Klopp obviously rates Milner or Henderson enough to be starting them in there next to Can. Unless he thinks Zielinski is the answer?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25738: Jun 27, 2016 03:19:12 pm
      Klopp obviously rates Milner or Henderson enough to be starting them in there next to Can. Unless he thinks Zielinski is the answer?

Think its pretty much nailed on that Hendo would start alongside Can in the midfield 2 with Milner a far effective option off the right. It'll be like

Studge/Origi
      Coutinho/Lallana - Firmino/Ings - Mane/Milner
      Can/Grujic - Hendo/Zielinski
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25739: Jun 27, 2016 03:23:29 pm
      My question still stands mate. Are Southampton so good that they can afford to have a superstar sat on their bench?

Or it could be that Koeman left him out tactically to come on later and have a influence??

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25741: Jun 27, 2016 04:35:49 pm

Picking apart the feelings of his history, 8.5m euro would be really cheap for a footballer of his quality. Been showing he's still got a lot of value to add to a top flight club at the Euro's.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25742: Jun 27, 2016 05:02:42 pm

Only a week to wait-see then. By that time tho' €8.5m  will cost about £20m - best not leave it.  :laugh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #25743: Jun 27, 2016 05:02:56 pm
      Picking apart the feelings of his history, 8.5m euro would be really cheap for a footballer of his quality. Been showing he's still got a lot of value to add to a top flight club at the Euro's.

He's average.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25744: Jun 27, 2016 05:05:19 pm

He's better than average and at 8.5m he'd be a pretty shrewd signing historical loyalties notwithstanding.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,363 posts | 1638 
      Reply #25745: Jun 27, 2016 05:05:46 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #25746: Jun 27, 2016 05:10:34 pm
      Much rather give Markovic, Ibe and Ojo more of a chance before signing Nani!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #25747: Jun 27, 2016 05:18:45 pm
      I'm honestly a little surprised we haven't gotten any offers for Benteke yet.  Seems obvious he doesn't fit into Klopp's plans, but he still has a lot to offer a team in the right setup.  I think West Ham, Stoke, West Brom, Bournemouth, Hull, or Palace could really benefit from having a player like him.  Hopefully we can recoup around 20M for him and put that back into the side. 
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25748: Jun 27, 2016 05:28:22 pm

Much rather give Markovic, Ibe and Ojo more of a chance before signing Nani!

On the same team, here's a comparison of Marko and Nani:

Markovic: 21 apps, 2 goals, 3 assists
      Nani: 47 apps, 12 goals, 13 assists

Again it's one thing to dislike the idea because of his history and I agree on that front and would admit that any day of the week. But as a footballer, he's very above average and proven quality. At less than a third of the price of Mane, I can't understand how it wouldn't be good business.

As a disclaimer, I am Portuguese and was born into a Sporting family so I suppose I can have a bias. But regardless, it'll never happen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25749: Jun 27, 2016 05:35:10 pm

Again it's one thing to dislike the idea because of his history and I agree on that front and would admit that any day of the week. But as a footballer, he's very above average and proven quality. At less than a third of the price of Mane, I can't understand how it wouldn't be good business.

As a disclaimer, I am Portuguese and was born into a Sporting family so I suppose I can have a bias. But regardless, it'll never happen.

Agreed, past differences definitely come into this one.

Nani is a c**t and I'm not sure even at that money can we justify signing a c**t?

In my view we didn't have wingers at all last season, if we've decided that Markovic is not for us and we're going to get rid of him then bringing Mane and a backup in makes sense, is that backup an £8.5m c**t with pretty decent stats? Imagine he'd be relatively high on the wages though even with that lowish fee.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25750: Jun 27, 2016 05:39:30 pm

As a disclaimer, I am Portuguese and was born into a Sporting family 

I'm now confused by your forum name ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25751: Jun 27, 2016 05:40:16 pm
      Agreed, past differences definitely come into this one.

Nani is a c**t and I'm not sure even at that money can we justify signing a c**t?

In my view we didn't have wingers at all last season, if we've decided that Markovic is not for us and we're going to get rid of him then bringing Mane and a backup in makes sense, is that backup an £8.5m c**t with pretty decent stats? Imagine he'd be relatively high on the wages though even with that lowish fee.

Who's to say he'd even want to play for us? Very likely he may loathe us as much as we loathe him :D
      Bogdan91
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #25752: Jun 27, 2016 05:43:13 pm

you having a laugh? I'd rather us spend 30+ on mane then have sh*te like Nani
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25753: Jun 27, 2016 05:43:38 pm
      I'm now confused by your forum name ;D

First generation Portuguese-American dual citizen living in the states.  :D

American Red just had more charm and flow to it than Portuguese Red, both of which were a lot better than American-Portuguese Red.  :lmao:
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25754: Jun 27, 2016 05:44:16 pm
      you having a laugh? I'd rather us spend 30+ on mane then have sh*te like Nani

And this is why neither of us are in charge of our transfers.  8)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25755: Jun 27, 2016 05:46:58 pm
      Who's to say he'd even want to play for us? Very likely he may loathe us as much as we loathe him :D

Definitely would be an issue, not sure how I'd feel seeing Nani in our shirt, even the thought doesn't sit well in my mind but removing emotion I can see some logic in it but sometimes emotion just can't be removed.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25756: Jun 27, 2016 05:50:03 pm
      Definitely would be an issue, not sure how I'd feel seeing Nani in our shirt, even the thought doesn't sit well in my mind but removing emotion I can see some logic in it but sometimes emotion just can't be removed.

Yep, pretty much the way I feel....to be honest, I see very little in this one...some lazy journalism I think.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25757: Jun 27, 2016 05:55:39 pm

Do feel the same way as that. Unwilling to say that he's average or a sh*tty footballer, but agree that I can't see him in Liverpool red, and he's one of those players who's personality and attitude don't reflect the fundamental values of our history. Even overlooking the issues of him having played where he did.

But like you say there is a logical side of it which is what gets me.

As said above though, can't see it happening regardless and it's not like it's coming from any major sources.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25758: Jun 27, 2016 05:57:45 pm
      As said above though, can't see it happening regardless and it's not like it's coming from any major sources.

.some lazy journalism I think.

Yep, think so, but it would be the proverbial cat among the pigeons if we did sign him :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25759: Jun 27, 2016 06:01:59 pm

I'd be very sure Nani is on big wages and for someone who wouldn't necessarily will start I don't see it.

Quick Reply