Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4283552 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #26726: Jul 26, 2016 02:23:01 pm
      Genuine questions:

Do you think they are siphoning club revenues out of the club?  Or do you believe that all of the club revenues are being reinvested back into the club in the form of player transfers, stadium renovations, etc?

How much investment would they need to make for people like you, Mick, etc to be satisfied?  10M a year?  50M a year?  100M a year?  Whatever it takes to win the league?

The accounts are published every year mate.
      It's pretty easy to see they're not siphoning money out.

They use Price Waterhouse Coopers, so some creative accounting is used to reduce tax liability, which is why we still carry debt (it's actually good for the "business" )
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #26727: Jul 26, 2016 02:29:19 pm
      Do you not think that Klopp would object to having a restricted budget, if yes then why the f**k would he extend his contract, please answer me that.

Calm down ... calm down bud, no need to get so excited. We are not here to win every argument. I don't need to answer anything because it will be based on assumption and you are already assuming Klopp's thoughts or should i say you could read Klopp's mind better than me. I can't I'd be telling a fat lie if I say I could.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #26728: Jul 26, 2016 03:19:09 pm
      A few questions as a relatively new poster, but not a new fan:

1. The carpet-bagger idea. Is that simply by virtue of someone being an American (or not from Merseyside or UK)? Or is it more about the way FSG conducts its business. Do you see a difference between them and Hicks/Gillette, for instance?

2. Is it generally considered bad form or disloyal to question, in this case, the manager of the club? I'm a big fan of Klopp and think he's on the right track, but it does seem like some posters who disagree, or even just are unsure, are made to feel like they are wrong for having another opinion - like they shouldn't be allowed to talk. Those debates are part of the fun of following a club and taking part in a forum like this, yes?

3. That said, for the few who seem more intent simply on trolling, is ignoring them still the best way of sorting them out?

4. Have we signed a new left back yet?  ;D
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #26729: Jul 26, 2016 03:31:14 pm

In the first decade of the 21st century, Abramovich dumped close to a billion of his own money into Chelsea.  It earned bought them a lot of success in that time.  In more recent years, he has reeled in his level of personal investment and we have finished ahead of them 2x in the last 4 seasons.  Should he just carry on buying them trophies until he is broke? 

When it comes to our owners, I'm on the fence. Think they have gotten somethings wrong and they have a lot right as well. Only time will tell.

But I just wanted to comment on the throwing money in the club to win thingy. The Chelsea owner has gotten it wrong, but there is a smart way too. Look at the Arabs at city.

Off course they put a lot of money in, but city is their long time investment. I honestly think they know what they are doing unlike Chelsea owners.

They are getting more and more fans outside UK, and those young fans that haven't seen us compete for the trophy. Are always gonna idealise the flamboyant players city buys.

More fans means more income for city, and after getting solid core of the team and the whole clubs. The Arabs can slow down their spending, and keep the club at the highest stage. They have even redeveloped their whole Academy.

Money isn't necessarily a bad thing, if it's done right. I am not saying that we need a sugar daddy, we just need a boost to get us there.

We have been steadying the ship for so long now, one more generation of this stuff and we are going to loose fans rapidly. And one of those young fans can be the next Messi.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26730: Jul 26, 2016 03:58:04 pm
      Joao Mario's father saying Sporting have rejected a £33 million bid from us for the player.

Never heard of the f**ker.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #26731: Jul 26, 2016 04:14:11 pm
      Joao Mario's father saying Sporting have rejected a £33 million bid from us for the player.

He not play for Portugal at the Euro's?

He was wide midfielder no? I'm not sure that we really need another player for the attack, probably just flushing out offers from elsewhere or looking for a payrise.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #26732: Jul 26, 2016 04:20:57 pm

Portuguese international and played quite a few games for Portugal at the Euros. Young midfielder who can play as a central midfielder or a winger (If I recall correctly he played most of his games there for Portugal at the Euros after the group stage.) Plays for Sporting Lissabon at the moment. Not too much video footage to be found, but that's quite often the case with players playing in the Portguese competition.

He's a Wijnaldum type of player to me, so doubt there's much to it and if we're getting another player similar to Wijnaldum or Joao Mario, that's pretty much the end of Markovic and / or Milner / Henderson. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26733: Jul 26, 2016 05:05:17 pm
      It's a completely different argument mate, can't you see that? Really?

It's not "being negative" either so don't be depressed. I have no doubts at all that the manager will improve us this season (he ought to, we were 8th last time if you remember) and I've no doubts the players he's signed will prove to be good value. But I'm not talking about the manager or who he chooses to sign, I'm talking about the ceiling which is put on his spending for him to choose players, the wages guidelines, the age guidelines, the fact (in my eyes) that the owners are raking money in while not giving enough back. IT'S F*** ALL TO DO WITH "HAVING PATIENCE" OR "TRUSTING THE MANAGER".   

Sorry but didn't Jürgen recently say that he had plenty of budget available to him if he needed it and also didn't he and the entire backroom staff just extend their contracts recently? You see this is what I don't get, you say that you trust Jürgen but you must think the man is complete numpty if he is willing to be tied down to these perceived low budgets without even the slightest wimper of complaint or do you perhaps think he is just a greedy b***ard happy to take the paycheck from FSG and to hell with how the team gets on? In your world it must be one or the other.
      In my world, and I suspect quite a few on here Jürgen either realises he cannot attract Paul Pogba, or whoever the F**k it is you doom-mongers want us to sign on a ridiculous transfer fee and wages, or, and this might shock you, he simply doesn't feel he needs to fill a team with a bunch of ego maniacs mercenaries who don't give 2 shits for the team and would rather recruit players who have bags of talent but aren't quite household names yet, think Vardy and Mahrez from season 2014/2015
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26734: Jul 26, 2016 05:09:23 pm
      Calm down ... calm down bud, no need to get so excited. We are not here to win every argument. I don't need to answer anything because it will be based on assumption and you are already assuming Klopp's thoughts or should i say you could read Klopp's mind better than me. I can't I'd be telling a fat lie if I say I could.

Oh aren't we precious, tell me then why would someone who could pretty much go to any club they wanted extend their contract if they were unhappy with the transfer budget, just hypothetically, because I'm struggling to figure that one out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26735: Jul 26, 2016 05:20:09 pm
      Oh aren't we precious, tell me then why would someone who could pretty much go to any club they wanted extend their contract if they were unhappy with the transfer budget, just hypothetically, because I'm struggling to figure that one out.

Let me stop you right there mate. Klopp hardly spent big at BVB, did you not know this was also down to the harsh working regime of FSG? If not then I would like you to recognise that. Klopp is not happy, he's working for a bunch of tw*ts against everything and every way he has gone about things so far in his managerial career and then they duped into signing a new 6 year contract and is now crying himself to sleep.

I said last week, maybe, just maybe there is a chance Klopp knows what he is doing...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #26736: Jul 26, 2016 05:23:28 pm

Father or the player...be specific next time ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26737: Jul 26, 2016 05:53:36 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26738: Jul 26, 2016 05:59:29 pm

Actually loaning players our with the intention of them getting actual game time; times have sure changed.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #26739: Jul 26, 2016 07:23:37 pm
      João Mário isn't worth £33m. £20m would be a more accurate price for him. He was integral to Santos' tactics at the Euro. He's a bit of a hybrid between a CM and a winger. Talented on the ball, intelligent movement, creative passer, works hard, capable of bagging a few and assisting as well. Consistently good for Sporting as well. He's extremely similar to Wijnaldum though.

Just can't see why we'd be in for him at that price, inflated after our Euro victory, and we have other areas of the pitch that need a lot more help than our attacking midfield (should be last on our list at this point).
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #26740: Jul 26, 2016 07:44:47 pm
      Am surprised this lad who plays on Portugal, Anderson Talisca doesn't have a thread? There's a few of the papers got him on the brink of a move to Lfc pending a work permit
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #26741: Jul 26, 2016 09:00:15 pm
      Am surprised this lad who plays on Portugal, Anderson Talisca doesn't have a thread? There's a few of the papers got him on the brink of a move to Lfc pending a work permit

Nobody credible though. An agent trying to drum up interest with fabricated stories, I think.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26742: Jul 26, 2016 09:39:54 pm
      Juventus have signed Higuaín for over £75million ... think the market has now officially gone mad.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36874091
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #26743: Jul 26, 2016 10:00:23 pm
      Juventus have signed Higuaín for over £75million ... think the market has now officially gone mad.

They are spending the Pogba money - now that is a mad deal.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #26744: Jul 26, 2016 10:06:18 pm

exactly so does this mean Pogba has gone then. I would be up in Arms if we had spent that money on him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26745: Jul 26, 2016 10:14:12 pm
      exactly so does this mean Pogba has gone then. I would be up in Arms if we had spent that money on him.

Pogba should be gone soon. The thing holding up that deal is the agent demanding £25m and neither club are willing to pay it. United have said they'll pay half but Juventus don't want to pay anything. If Juventus do pay half then they'd basically spent everything they made from the sale.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #26746: Jul 26, 2016 10:31:51 pm
      Pogba should be gone soon. The thing holding up that deal is the agent demanding £25m and neither club are willing to pay it. United have said they'll pay half but Juventus don't want to pay anything. If Juventus do pay half then they'd basically spent everything they made from the sale.

Agents - F***ing leeches like vampires feeding off the life of football.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #26747: Jul 26, 2016 10:44:35 pm
      Agents - F***ing leeches like vampires feeding off the life of football.

To be fair, they also represent players fairly, ensure that the players are making as much money as they can and not getting screwed over by the club, and leveraging their existing relationships with clubs to create careers for younger unestablished players.

But like with any career, some people just have to be c*nts at it. Raiola happens to be acting like a c*nt in this situation.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26748: Jul 26, 2016 11:13:35 pm
      Hearing news this might not happen.  Nobody wants to pay Raoila so if the mancs want him they're going to have to pick up the tab meaning he's going to cost them around £145m and they've still not upped the bid to meet Juves demands of £120m yet.

Would be hilarious if they end up without their main man but equally hilarious if they stump up that amount.  With wages that's around £225m.

Quick Reply